Arrived at the airport and was met as arranged by hotel transport to Sultan Gardens, pick up was smooth and efficient, driver friendly, and helpful, lovely, clean, air conditioned mini bus with lots of space for everyone. Journey only took about 15 minutes, we then arrived at a beautiful foyer and lobby, first impressions were wow, stunning. Within a couple of minutes we were given a nice cold refreshing drink, very welcome after our flight. Front of house checked us in quickly and we were shown to our room by a member of staff who pointed out bars and facilities on the way.
Room - Refurbished room, sea view, balcony with comfy chairs & padded seats not those cheap nasty plastic chairs, double bed with cool cotton bed linen, nice modern contemporary décor, plenty of storage space, free use of the safe, bathroom had a lovely walk in shower, hairdryer was powerful, no need to take your own ladies, air conditioning was great nice and cool albeit the control panel quite high on the wall I could just about reach it on tip toes but I am only 5ft tall, everything else was practical and functional. Kettle, tea and coffee provided, mini fridge with bottled water, nice flat screen television with plenty of channels to choose from mtv, fox movies, bbc news etc . There wasn't an iron or an ironing board in the room but when we asked for one later at front desk, one appeared before we had returned to the room. Oh and the pillows on the bed were really good quality, I always have to ask for an extra pillow in any hotel I have stayed in, but then found out I didn't need it as the ones provided were more than adequate. 2 dressing gowns were provided, nice touch but they are small, my boyfriend who is 6ft 2 could barely get his on! Literally just covered his bottom - hilarious.
Dining - Excellent I cannot fault the food and I could rave about it for pages and pages. The choice is extensive, the quality is impressive and if they don't have what you want just ask and they will try and accommodate such requests. Tons of food, fruits, salads, dips, sauces, fish, chicken, beef, pastries, puddings, porridge, breads, yoghurts, chips, burgers, pizza, vegetables, a different roast meat every day, rack of lamb, beef, turkey etc, a section where they will make you a sandwich, cold meats, cheeses, curries, chilli beef, rice, lasagne, noodles, hot dogs...... and loads more!
Loved the fresh pasta which is made in house and the choice of sauces you can have just yummy, and thanks to the chef with the moustache who cooked the pasta each night with a smile on his face, such a pleasant, friendly man. Also thanks to Sakhs and Wahleed for being attentive waiters and good fun.
Loved the poached eggs at breakfast and in particular the eggs benedict but wish the hollandaise sauce was served hot.
House of Spice (Indian) - great menu, huge portions, we ate to much and couldn't manage a pudding which was probably just as well! Chicken, beef, veg curries, rices, naan breads etc. Many thanks to Ahmed and A Aziz Lotfy our waiters who were again so friendly and helpful. The restaurant itself was beautiful, very authentic looking and a relaxed fine dining environment.
Casa Mia (Italian) - My favourite food, I love Italian, so it has a lot to live up to! We dined here twice, the food was exceptional, menu was great, too much choice actually as I wanted to try everything and had difficulty choosing! Pasta was awesome (mushroom ravioli), the garlic mash and beef was beautiful, and the bruschetta and salads and lasagne all tasted delicious, its a 4 course menu, lots of choice for sweets too. Nothing is to much trouble the waiters (Aziz and Ahmed and Ahmed Gamal) rush around topping up your glass asking if everything is ok. The sous chef Mohammed even came out at the end of the meal to say hi to the customers and check that everything had been satisfactory, nice touch, we enjoyed meeting him.
Pools - There were 2 main pools which were quite big, with animation and entertainment/games/music occurring, a kids pool with water slide and a quiet pool which we frequented a lot - very relaxing. Lots of loungers available all of the time but the hotel was at low occupancy, although I understand the hotel will fetch you a sun lounger if there isn't one available which if true is pretty good.
The quiet pool was great, lovely staff (Heshnam, Ehab, Salah, Ahmed, Mohammed) all charming, kind, funny, professional and looked after us well. Drinks brought to our lounger, didn't even have to ask, great service. Towels were provided by Salah, he wouldn't let you put the towel down yourself he would lay them down on the lounger for you, and would come round every day with cologne scented face clothes and ice cold water so we could stay cool. It's these little touches that make a difference.
Bars - Lots to choose from, the Oasis Sports bar is where all the sports/footy matches are shown, and the beer is served from bottles (Egyptian Stella). The upstairs lobby bar has huge comfy sofas and is very relaxing, and as we like sitting outdoors we used the outdoor seating area next to the lobby bar or the quiet pool bar most evenings. Other bars were also available so plenty to choose from all offering a difference experience but with a high standard of service. The drinks were great, cocktails, fruit juice, pepsi, coffees, tea, beer, tonic water, soda, spirits.
Beach - Beautiful, we went diving once, amazing, the fish and coral are extraordinary. Probably should have gone more often to be honest as it was a great experience, but we wanted a very lazy holiday and the pool required less effort! But do make the effort if you can, it really shouldn't be missed. The panoramic views from the top of the beach area was stunning.
Entertainment / Animation - not really our thing, much to energetic lol. But we saw the Chinese Acrobat show which was excellent, and listened to Ashraf the singer on several occasions which we enjoyed. Karaoke oh dear, some great singers and some not so, but all good fun.
The animation team are nice guys, friendly and chatty but not in your face....and they leave the quiet pool alone which is good!
General - You wont find better customer service than what this hotel provides, We have travelled extensively and have met some great staff teams but the management and staff team at the Sultan Gardens really can not do enough for you. I can honestly say we didn't meet anyone with a bad attitude or who doesn't say hello or smile when they see you. We had 2 calls from guest relations asking if everything was ok with our stay and if our room was comfortable which was nice. Staff are constantly asking if you want more drinks or if there is anything they can do for you, everything is geared towards making your holiday a good one. If there are issues do make them known, the hotel cannot resolve them if they aren't aware.....The personalized service the hotel offers is wonderful, and we will be back next year.
Any room for improvement - well the quiet pool was very cold our last couple of days, I understand it is a heated pool but hadn't been put on just yet. I did mention this to guest relations when they phoned and the guy who comes round to test the chlorine levels in the pool but when we left the heating hadn't been put on, quite a few us had commented on how cool the pool was on the plus side though it was funny watching any of us getting in it brrrr. New plastic glasses at the pool bars would be good, as some were chipped and scratched and apart from that I really don't have any points to raise.
Thanks to the lovely Basel and his team for making us feel so welcome.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enviably located just 5 km from the international airport, the Sultan Gardens Resort offers superb accommodation in the heart of one of the most popular resort destinations in Egypt. The resort boasts 220 meters of private sandy beaches, and is nestled between the seas and the beautiful mountain ranges of South Sinai. This resort has all the amenities you would expect of 5* resort including water-sports, live entertainment, fine dining, and easy access to local nightlife. The resort boasts 520 spacious rooms, suite and villas, newly refurbished and brimming with modern comfort. All rooms feature a private balcony or terrace with sea, pool or garden view. Smoking and non-smoking rooms are available. When it comes to recreation and entertainment The Sultan Gardens Resort offers a wide variety of choices. There are four large outdoor swimming pools, two of which are heated, as well as a professional diving center, a variety of water sports from windsurfing to jet skiing, basketball, volleyball and foot ball courts, kid's club with jungle gym, two tennis courts, an eighteen hole mini golf course and a fully equipped health club and spa. There is also a hotel singer and a team of professional animators who entertain you throughout the day and put on nightly entertainment in our outdoor Roman style Amphitheatre. In Addition, the resort offers you same day laundry service and 24 hours room service. All rooms come equipped with digital safe boxes free of charge as well as high speed internet access ports, satellite television, individually controlled air condition, mini-fridge and direct dial telephone with long distance calling. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Venere, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Sultan Gardens Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sultan Gardens Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Sultan Gardens Sharm El Sheikh
- Sultan Garden Resort Sharm El Sheikh