Well here it is folks the latest review from "Crocodile Man 6969"
As ever only My unbiased Opinion.
This time it's Egypt - Sultan Gardens Sharm el Sheikh. You will see many reviews regarding this hotel, the majority very positive. So why yet another you may ask ? I guess because we as Brits are known for our complaining nature ( in general) and get what you can for as little as you can mentality.
Why the title you may be thinking ? Well its because the Mr. Basil is The Boss Man and Vice Chairman of the company and you need to be very aware that his mission is to ensure you have the best holiday possible, He does this through meeting guests personally, answering emails and reviews, through staff development who are also committed to you're holiday experience and welfare and by an ongoing development program and refurbishment where necessary.
So to our holiday - We booked directly with hotel as prices can "sometimes" be negotiable depending on availability and time of year. We booked our flights through Travel Rebuplic and flew with Monarch from Gatwick - all very smooth, off airport parking with APH was cheapest and also very professional. Airport transfer to hotel was complimentary but small fee from hotel to airport on the way back.
There was a slight confusion regarding room booking we booked Junior Suite but was told it was a double room booking . This was addressed with no question but had to wait until following morning for availability. So what ? We were in the sun !!
Our suite was overlooking the pool arrears and part sea view. the Balcony was wonderful for early morning coffee and watching the sunrise ( you may not want to rise that early) but believe me it was beautiful !!
The room was cleaned and made tidy on a daily basis (probably more than most of us would do before going to work ?) If there is anything you need - you only have to ask.!
We heard varying comments regarding the food and main restaurants. But as I have said before hotels have to cater for so many differing cultures and tastes you cannot expect things to be the same as wherever you're home is. If you want burgers chips and beans , Pizza, and other junk foods - Stay at Home!! For us the food was very good with different theme nights all through the week. In terms of cleanliness and the old food hygiene brigade There was more dipping of fingers and picking up of food by guests than to me was necessary or acceptable . The option of a tour of the kitchens is also available and you're comments / questions are welcomed.
As you will probably have read in other reviews there are also themed restaurants which can be booked once a week. We tried them all and for us the best was the Italian ( not that we didn't enjoy them all) but the setting was more romantic .
We chose to use the quiet pool area and the beach on a daily basis as we love to snorkel (not that there are any fish in the pool but it could be an idea for the future Mr. Basil?)
The Animation Team are great and work so hard to please its very encouraging and if you enter into the spirit can be good fun as well as a health activity.
There are alternative entertainment programmes in the lobby during the evenings which again can be good fun if you're not completely whacked after a day in the sun.
As you walk around the grounds you can see why its called Sultan Gardens the guys work so hard all day just keeping everything looking good and healthy - Well Done guys!!!
The pharmacy and clinic are really essential and fortunately not needed by us this time but reports we heard from people who did need them was also very positive. What is useful to know is that ( only if necessary) you can buy most prescription medication at pharmacy's throughout Egypt.
There are so many people I would love to give a mention but suffice it to say there is not one person I would not wish to praise throughout the staff we met or had dealings with.
I guess the other bit about people is the people and characters you meet while on holiday and this year I must just mention (Bum Bum flies Dave) and Avril (his long suffering wife) , and Graham and Jackie - such lovely people we would love to see you again.
So all in all a great holiday - If you have any questions or things you would like to know Please just send me a note !!
Have a Great Holiday - Wherever you decide to go!!
Just a couple of tips -
Don't be conned by the man who tries to sell books he collects from around the hotel and pools -unless of course they are his own (Doubtful)
Treat people with respect - It will get you much further.
Possibility of hand cleanser gel on entrance to restaurants to safeguard clean guests from " finger dipper guests and picker uppers who then change their minds. " Thus negating the possibility of food bug complaints. - Just a Suggestion !
Be in no doubt we will be back to get our mugs - Ha Ha!! - October 2013 for 2 weeks, and February / March 2014 for another three week stay- Insha' Allah !! Shukran Gidann !!
- Also Known As:
- Sultan Gardens Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Sultan Gardens Hotel
- Sultan Gardens
- Sultan Garden Resort
- Sultan Gardens Sharm El Sheikh
- Sultan Gardens Sharm
- Sultan Garden Resort Sharm El Sheikh
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enviably located just 5 km from the international airport, the Sultan Gardens Resort offers superb accommodation in the heart of one of the most popular resort destinations in Egypt. The resort boasts 220 meters of private sandy beaches, and is nestled between the seas and the beautiful mountain ranges of South Sinai. This resort has all the amenities you would expect of 5* resort including water-sports, live entertainment, fine dining, and easy access to local nightlife.The resort boasts 520 spacious rooms, suite and villas, newly refurbished and brimming with modern comfort. All rooms feature a private balcony or terrace with sea, pool or garden view. Smoking and non-smoking rooms are available.When it comes to recreation and entertainment The Sultan Gardens Resort offers a wide variety of choices. There are four large outdoor swimming pools, two of which are heated, as well as a professional diving center, a variety of water sports from windsurfing to jet skiing, basketball, volleyball and foot ball courts, kid's club with jungle gym, two tennis courts, a squash court, an eighteen hole mini golf course and a fully equipped health club and spa.There is also a hotel singer and a team of professional animators who entertain you throughout the day and put on nightly entertainment in our outdoor Roman style Amphitheatre.In Addition, the resort offers you same day laundry service and 24 hours room service. All rooms come equipped with digital safe boxes free of charge as well as high speed internet access ports, satellite television, individually controlled air condition, mini-fridge and direct dial telephone with long distance calling. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Otel, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Sultan Gardens Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.