“Simply the best” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sultan Gardens Resort

You added Sultan Gardens Resort to your Saves list
Sultan Gardens Resort
5.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   P.O. Box 111, Coastal Road | Shark's Bay, Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt   |
Ranked #15 of 226 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
kent england
“Simply the best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

As this was our 5th visit to this hotel I think that in itself says how great it is. Each time we have visited SG we have been impressed by the food, cleanliness friendliness of the staff, in fact the whole package. The variety of food each day is amazing, so although I am a bit fussy there was never an occasion that I could not find something to eat the staff in the restaurant are so friendly and cannot do enough for you. This time we stayed in a junior suite which was spacious lovely view and cleaned every day and once again the cleaner was always friendly and polite.
Each pool area has something to offer for my husband the quiet pool as he can read and sunbathe without any salesman or activity around him, while I like to be where the activities are and for those with children there is yet another pool to cater for them.
We have come to know the animation team during our visits although they do change, Kimo Alex and their team always put 100% into whatever they do activities or shows and always greet you with a smile I'm quite lazy on holiday but if you want activity this team offers all you need. Most evenings the animation team are there to take you to beach parties or nightclubs and transport is provided. Shopping if you want it is just a taxi ride away or there are shops within the hotel and also just across the road. Will we go again, absolutely cannot wait.
Pauline Ian and Zoe

Room Tip: if there is anything particular just e-mail a couple of weeks before going and request direct to the...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
bkhedr, Owner at Sultan Gardens Resort, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Dear fuzzypauline,

Thank you for continuing to choose the Sultan Gardens Resort and for posting your review. It was a pleasure to host you again and we all look forward to your next visit.

The Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (952)
  • Arabic first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012 via mobile

Me and my husband stopped here for one week in march what a lovely week the staff couldn't do enough for us We used the hotel taxi service which was good we found the food lovely I think the only let down was the beach but the pool areas made up for that we had a fantastic time and would stop here again

• Stayed March 2012
Dear Lalaanddammie,

Thank you for choosing the Sultan Gardens Resort and for posting your review. We hope you will return soon and we remain at your service.

Hartlepool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012 via mobile

Just returned from an amazing week at the Sultan Gardens. This was our second visit and still did not disappoint in any way. It's difficult to know where to start with the review for this hotel because everything is so great. It would be so unfair to single any one person out because the staff are amazing .... From the Taff Taff driver, the cleaners, the animation team to the top Management everyone stands out with the sole intention of going all out to make your stay an experience that you will want to repeat.

Last time we where there we were on an all inclusive package and the food was great, this time because it was our Wedding Anniversary whilst we were there we decided to upgrade to Sultan Class, as we had spent time in the two al la carte restaurants on our prior visits and the food was amazing. Sultan Class gives the the option to dine Al la Carte at any time, Internet, laundry, mini bar and other things too, if you can afford to do this I would recommend it and if you can't please don't miss out using the restaurants at some point in your holiday. A big thank you to Mohammed and Haythm who made our Anniversary meal wonderful and looked after us all week , the chefs too your amazing. A big thank you also to Mohammed on the restaurant booking desk he looked after us so well and arranged for our complimentary anniversary cake to be delivered to the restaurant we were eating in, it was such a lovely touch and in such a stunning location. The Italian restaurant is part of the normal all inclusive package and is a credit to head chef Mohammed Mustafa who is an should be so very proud of it. I could carry on writing this review naming people, but I would be writing for the next hour about all the positives and all the wonderful people, but enough to say that the experience and all the staff are stunning.

It is the only place I have stayed where guests satisfaction is so paramount on the agenda. I would like to say a personal thank you the Vice Chairman, Mr Basel Khedr, who took time out of what I am sure is a very busy schedule and invited us to a VIP reception which he holds to get feedback and thoughts on what is good and bad. First time I have ever had the opportunity to do this anywhere I have stayed, Hotels are generally businesses who control budgets, in the Sultan Gardens there monthly goal is 95% customer satisfaction and to improve on there already phenomenal return rate.

On the subject of return, I can't wait to go back in January. This definitely is and will stay our holiday venue in Sharm. We love it. Thank you to everyone who looked after us, we didn't wanna come home. See you all soon.

Marie and Keith

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
bkhedr, Owner at Sultan Gardens Resort, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Dear Marie_Keith,

Thank you for continuing to choose the Sultan Gardens Resort and for posting your detailed review. We look forward to your next visit and we remain at your service.

Bexleyheath, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

If you are considering this hotel....then book it.!!! It has everything & more.....
I spent days on trip advisor, even asking questions on best hotel in sharm el sheikh?? . How SULTAN GARDENS was not mentioned I do not know!!??
I was told not to expect great food in Egypt, & being a fussy eater, I thought this would be the biggest problem. NOT at SULTAN GARDENS, it was fab.! Roast beef/Lamb joint, fresh pasta & sauce choices, & many other dishes every day/night. I do not eat beef/lamb casserloes/stews in restaurants in England only chicken, but thought I would just try!!! The meat melted in your mouth, each night is a a different theme (Chinese, Indian, Thai etc etc) but they also have other ordinary choices. The Fish market Restaurant was so so nice,(if your a fish lover) I highly recommend to go there, & make sure you book the Italian restaurant in hotel, something different & excellent food.
The rooms are a great size & I loved the constant change of bedding & a Bottle of water every day. English channel films on a flat screen tv.
The 4 swimming pools are amazing, very clean. 1) quiet pool, 2&3) large excellent pools with activitys & music, 4) another quiter pool with kids pool &slide. We never had problems at any time getting a sunbed at any of the pools,& the staff (bar & towel guys) are all great around the pools. Same go's for the hotel beach, staff are eager to get you a sunbed, etc.
There are different bar areas of an evening, the 'Oasis' bar has a good atmosphere & is like a sports bar with tv's (football etc!!) poole table & Ahmed is great for sorting you a 'coctail' drink. The sultan gardens pool bar has a gentlemen singer who has a good voice & does great songs, BUT if I had 1 complaint it would be that the evening entertainment should have more variety, & this particular bar should have 3/4 different singers per week. The ampitheatre is great & staff do their best but again, its wasted because here you could have a mix variety of shows during the week & not rely on guests participation. This was probably the only thing we were disapointed with in this hotel & that is the evening entertainment, & worse was that the entertainment in the ampitheatre & the gentlemen singer at pool bar ended each night at 10 to 11 yet the bars are open till 12pm, we could not understand why the music, entertainment did not go on until 12.0 clock?? This was our 1 main complaint. It cannot be due to noise cos there was more music coming from next doors hotel & they are not right on top of us!!
The hotels 'taxi' service is brilliant, & much cheaper then other taxi's (plus no cons!!) They would take us into Naama bay, soho square wherever & we would phone when we were ready to come back, then pay the fixed rate on return, (Maradonna driver was very helpful giving us tips to do & not to do & pointing out places of interest etc.) WE were very pleased with that service.
The hotel itself is BIG, & well kept, & truthly ALL the staff were friendly & helpful, Not OTT & it all seemed natural to them to be like this.
WE never like returning to same hotel, & are definately going back to Sharm, but we feel this hotel may have spoilt us after hearing from many others who have been to sharm many a time, it seems we were lucky & picked the perfect hotel. So YES would definately return to SULTAN GARDENS with family. Please Basel....look at the entertainment side though, this does need improving...& not finishing an hour earler then the bars.!!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear lorraine b,

Thank you for choosing the Sultan Gardens Resort and for posting your review. It was a pleasure to host you and we are very glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We appreciate your feedback, particularly your constructive criticism regarding entertainment and we will work on improving this aspect of our services in line with your recommendation.

Thank you again. We look forward to your return and remain at your service.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012 via mobile

Booked to stay at Sultan Gardens on the back of the reviews on here and wow, how right they were! Second time in Sharm, having stayed in Nabq in Jan this year, and now I've stayed at SGR, I know I'll come back every time I visit Sharm. In fact, I'm already booked for Jan 2013.

I can only confirm all the glowing reviews:

-Staff very happy and clearly love working here. Even heard one staff member tell a guest at the beach that they wouldn't want to work for any other hotel or manager (Basel). Tip if you want to (we did), but it's certainly not expected and very appreciated. You will still get excellent service without tipping. But these guys work so long and hard and always with a smile, I think that's worth a few pound now and again.

-Food is amazing. The buffet had something for everyone. Egyptian night was my favourite - the kofta was delicious. The steak in the Italian was beautiful and cooked to perfection. Also highly recommend the spinach dip starter at Fleur De Leis (not included in AI). Waiters are very efficient and friendly. In summary, simply the best AI food I've ever had, and I've stayed at many hotels.

-Beach is brilliant and has excellent house coral. Although it's nice to get out and go on boat trips (both Tiran and Ras Mohammed are worth a visit), you really don't need to with a vast variation of both coral and fish right there at the hotel. A 2 meter Napoleon Wrass paid a visit while I was there.

-Drinks very nice. Already missing my 'King Tut' cocktail. Local spirits and wine due to high costs of import which is totally understandable. The wine (red) whilst not as good as home is certainly the best I've tasted in Sharm and paletable. Beer was Sakara Gold or Stella, depending on which of the 8 bars you went to.

-Pools very large and clean. Personally more of a beach person but did spend a couple of days and half days either by the big pools or the quiet pool. One pool is reserved for Islamic dress which I think is a wonderful dea. If you don't like that, then don't go to a predominantly Muslim country!

-Rooms a good size and cleaned every day. Kettle, fridge and hair dryer in room and good sized balcony.

I could go on and on, this hotel really is brilliant and it is evident how much passionate Basel is about his hotel. Was a privilege to meet him, he clearly wants his guests to enjoy their stay and welcome feedback (good or bad).

My one recommendation would be for the reception to display flight times for the following day so we can check the time and book the transfer. We asked Guest Relations to check for us and all they could say was to ask our rep (we had not met him at the welcome meet as we know they just try to push their (price inflated) trips and bad-mouth the local companies) so didn't want to seek him our at the end when we would have no doubt had a telling off! So we ended up paying to use the cyber room to check ourselves (wifi is very expensive but we understand why after hearing Basel tell other guests).

Very excited about going back in 11 weeks (not that I'm counting). Just gutted I'll miss the turtle eggs hatching, hope they manage to catch it on video for Facebook.

Tips: change money at the ATM in reception (you can use card or notes. Get 9.6LE to the pound).

• Stayed October 2012
Dear ThomTomato,

Thank you for choosing the Sultan Gardens Resort and for posting your detailed review. It was a pleasure to host you and we appreciate your constructive feedback regarding flight times, which we have taken on board and into consideration.

We look forward to your return and remain at your service.

Wokingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

Everything about this hotel surpassed my expectations. I had a lot of trouble choosing a hotel in Sharm as there are just so many, so of course I went trip advisor to help with my decision. This actually didn’t make it any easier at the time as as with all reviews you get the odd one or two star that makes you question what you are really going to find when you get there. Let me tell you now that from the experience I had there is no reason to believe anything less then four star reviews with this hotel.
From the start of trip (the hotel advising that my requests that I had asked for before our stay had been accommodated) to the end (the hotel allowing us to stay on for all inclusive lunch even thought we had technically checked out) I could not falter the cleanliness, the surroundings, the room facilities, the food and most importantly the friendliness and efficiency of the staff. Every single member of staff at this hotel is an utter delight to come into contact with. The reception staff, the waiters, the room attendant, the bar staff and even the guys who give out the beach towels.. every single person had a genuine and sunny smile on their face. It was my birthday while I was out there and receiving a flower by hand by a Happy birthday singing staff member made my day (as well as having sun which is most certainly novel)
The location of the hotel means that its probably not wise to do anything but all inclusive as there is no corner shop to go get your groceries. The food is excellent considering the amount of people they have to cater for at each sitting and there is plenty of choice. I think the hotel caters mainly for the Russian holiday makers as they seem to be the biggest group, however there was never an occasion where I felt I could not find anything to eat. We had ice, salads and drank the water provided (Not out the tap… don’t drink that!!) and the only iffy tummy we had was due to too much food rather than incorrectly prepared food.. this was totally our fault but worth it. You will know what I mean when you see the array of puddings!
Unlike some of the hotels I read about, there is no scrimping on the size of glass given at the beach and their measures are most certainly healthy ones.
The Snorkelling is absolutely amazing and everything you would see in the red sea is right on your doorstep. Unfortunately I didn’t see any dolphins but fortunately I also didn’t see any sharks. We did however see 101 varieties of all other sea life. If you haven’t got an underwater camera, get yourself one as you will want to enjoy those visions again and again.
The only issue we had was that our rep had informed us that the people selling trips and activities on the beach are not insured and the hotel or travel company will not take any responsibility if something happens if you don’t book through the rep. when we questioned why then would they allow an uninsured company to sell from their beach, we found that our rep had miss informed us probably to make sure we booked through him instead. We did book a couple of trips through the rep but only because they were the better options. We also did some activities through the guys on the beach who again were lovely. Now I realise that they are salesman and being friendly helps with the sale but even after they had made the sale they would still come and have a chat when they saw you, and spent the time to make sure you were having a great holiday. The guys on the beach ARE insured and actually looked after us more so (customer service, health and safety) then the rep who probably books via them as a third party anyway!! For any trip/activity, go for the one that suits you, activity and money wise. (although I wouldn’t recommend buying something off the side of the street!)

Anyway, I’ve probably rabbited on far too much. In summary.. although this is my first trip to sharm and the Sultan Gardens, I enjoyed every bit of my trip. This I believe is because we ended up at sultan gardens which is an excellent hotel made even better by its beautiful surroundings and delightful staff. I would have no question about recommending this hotel to everyone who has the difficult choice to make about which hotel to stay at.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear bridget1610,

Thank you for choosing the Sultan Gardens Resort and for posting your detailed review. It was a pleasure to host you and we all hope you will return soon.

Salmiyah, Kuwait
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

Positive points:

1- Really, the best staff ever dealt with (the useless RUDE russian at the front office is the only exception) . specially the guys at the bar and the restaurant. the Hotel is really clean

Negative:

1- Most meals I had were cold and tasteless. I had the worst experience ever of Russian, Egyptian and Thai cuisine.

2- food is really low quality (although it is a peak season - just after ramadan)

3- TAFTAF NEVER COMES .Those liars tell you that you need to wait 10 min max (in your dreams). you may wait min 25 to 30 min's before it shows up.

4- we were told (through a letter in our room) that "Islamic swimwear" is allowed ONLY in swimming pool no 3.
I can understand that they have to allow this kind of swimwear to attract local guests who have their own culture (regardless of my opinion). RULES ARE SUPPOSED TO BE RULES , I was surprised to find ALL the swimming pools are full of women wearing JALABIYA (which is a long dress ). REALLY DISGUSTING. I complained many times but I was given the cold shoulder. their excuse was even more stupid .... " we cannot say no to our guests..." Said one of the staff members.

I rated the hotel with two stars for the only positive point in the hotel .... The friendly Staff members

Room Tip: all rooms are fine. it had just been totally renovated. sea view is a bit far from the main restaura...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
bkhedr, Owner at Sultan Gardens Resort, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
Dear ffahmy,

Thank you for choosing the Sultan Gardens Resort and for posting your review. We appreciate your feedback and are sorry that some aspects of your stay with us were not to your satisfaction. We welcome criticisms and only regret that you did not bring any of your comments or your concerns to our attention while you were in house so we could serve you better. As it stands all we are able to do is provide clarification and information via this response.

We will begin with the TafTaf, which, contrary to your comments, operates on a 15-20 minute basis as this is the time it will need to make the round of the resort. with stops at the beach and the hotel reception, while accounting for time spent waiting for guests to board and unboard. In light of the fact that this is a complimentary shuttle service and that guests are welcome to walk the beautiful hotel grounds if they prefer not to wait for the taf taf, further when one considers that there are bars within 10 meters of both taf taf stops; we hardly think it is a concern that the Taf Taf wait is 15-20 minutes (officially marked as 15 minutes).

Regarding pools,we can confirm that pool 3 is the one we have designated for use by guests with Islamic swim wear (swimming in regular clothing is not allowed in any pool). It is true that there were guests in house recently who did not respect this rule, and it is also true that the resort took action first by informing the guests of the rule again, then by informing their tour leaders who took prompt corrective action.

As for your comments about the food, let us first say that the food is neither cold nor tasteless (though we suppose this second point is open to some interpretation). The fact is that hot food stays hot because it is served in electronically controlled heated serving dishes and presented under heating lamps. All food items are tested for temperature before meal times begin and it is an indisputable fact that food is served at hot and safe temperatures. As for the quality of the food, we appreciate that this is open to interpretation but we can say with absolute confidence that you will not find better all inclusive food in Sharm el Sheikh at a comparable price. You simply will not be able to. Our food has been sampled by dozens of industry professionals, from hoteliers to restauranteurs to Chefs and Tour Operator Managers, who have unanimously expressed that it is excellent. Further, guest feedback compiled by the hotel confirms that over 95% of guests find the food to be good or better.

Now we readily aknowledge that food is very subjective, but we are still a little confused by your comments. You mention the Egyptian night for example, even though this night, unsurprisingly, stands out as one of our best nights. Perhaps you do not like Egyptian food (or Russian or Thai food for that matter). Even if that was the case, we make it a point to cater to guests who might not be fans of the night's theme by providing alternatives in the form of a Burger Bar (with beef, chicken or veggie burgers made to order) a fresh pasta station (with fresh home made pasta and three choices of sauces) and 8 hot items on every night not related to the theme of the night (such as grilled fish, roasted chicken, onion rings, and so on.) Again, all these items are available specifically to cater to guests who are not fans of that night's theme.

Despite the fact that we offer hot food in great variety and that the vast majority of our guests enjoy the food, we understand that it is impossible to satisfy all of our guests' food cravings all the time, that is why our Chefs stand ready to satisfy any individual requests related to the food. If a guest finds that they are in the very small minority (1 in several hundred) who are not totally satisfied with the food on offer, all they have to do is let us know and our Chefs will make meals especially for them. This is a service you would have been able to take advantage of if you had only just let us know that you were not happy with the food.

We would like to conclude by thanking you again for your patronage and your review. While we feel strongly that you review is not reflective of the reality at the resort, we have to accept that this is your point of view based on your stay with us as you see it. We hope to have another opportunity to host you in the future and we remain at your service.

The Management

Been to Sultan Gardens Resort? Share your experiences!