“Last minute!!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Sharm Plaza

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Sharm El Sheikh
The Sharm Plaza
You added The Sharm Plaza to your Saves list
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Pasha Bay, Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt   |
Ranked #87 of 228 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Harwich, United Kingdom
“Last minute!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

This was a last minute booking for a short break with my son who is 12. We just wanted somewhere to realx and do a bit of snorkelling. This place fitted the bill entirely with its excellent reef and All Inclusive fare.
Large, but well laid out complex was clean and the staff were attentive, without being "in your face". The food was satisfactory to good and the selections was wide. There were lots of individual restaurant which we didn't try and stuck to the buffet selection. I'm a vegetarian and was adequetly catered for. I went with my son, but this place would be good for bigger families and couples too.
I don't think this place would be for everyone, but for those folks who want European food and other features, I suggest you stay in Europe.
Al in all, I would recommend this place.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (427)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Hertfordshire
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

We booked our holiday with Red Sea Holidays through 2bookaholiday.com. Not advisable on any level. Extremely large complex and our first and last visit to Egypt. Problems started from the moment we arrived.
1. Ant infested room, which bit us whilst we slept. On complaining they came and sprayed the room but left all the dead bodies behind all over the place and fresh ants just came in and replaced them. We called the duty manager and he offered to spray the place again, we said we wanted to move and he would not move us and made us stay there. In consequence we were bitten again and again and had a very uncomfortable night, there were ants crawling all over the bed, in our suitcases everywhere. The following morning we went to guest relations and the Red Seas Holiday Rep who went to the manager with our pictures of the ants and bites. As a result we were offered an upgrade and a room change which we accepted. Unfortunately the room we moved into also had ants in the bathroom, but not an infestation like the previous room and the air conditioning did not work properly and we were sweltering.
2. The food was largely inedible slop and we were forced to eat out frequently on an all inclusive deal. Which was very expensive as it meant getting taxis on top of the cost of the meal. Just insult to injury!
3. We were conned over cocktails by being offered them as if they were included and then getting a bill as soon as we took our first sip.
4. No beach to use. No available sun loungers with parasols after 7.30/8.00 am. Which meant we had to travel again to find a sandy beach just to lie down and relax and have some water to cool off in. The pools were filthy with a layer of film floating on top which we would not consider using.
5. I traveled with my 22 year old daughter and we both suffered totally inappropriate comments and questions of a personal nature from the staff in the buffet area and the general maintenance workers who were over familiar and disrespectful. If we did not leave a daily tip the cleaners would not leave toilet paper or clean towels etc The last straw was being asked by a waiter "Can I have your daughter for one night?. At this point I had had enough and we just had to leave the hotel. We expected this type of behaviour when we left the complex but not too also be subjected to it in the hotel site by staff. We went to see the Red Sea Holiday Rep who was very helpful and arranged our transfer to Ghazala Gardens for the following morning . This cost an extra £7 per person per night which was well worth it, as the food was great, the staff were attentive and normal, it had a lovely beach, sunbeds when we needed them excellent entertainment, in short what we went for in the first place! It was a real shame that we had to endure 5 awful days and nights at the Plaza. Once back in the UK I have since made a complaint about my holiday and as expected Red Sea Holidays and 2bookaholiday.com will not take responsibility for any of it.

Room Tip: Beware if you stay in a room by the entrance of the hotel there are 139 steps to get to the beach a...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Basingstoke,
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

This was our first trip to Egypt. We booked this hotel on the recommendation of our local travel independant shop. I'd like to share our good and bad points. First impressions of the hotel on arrival was good however, this quickly went down hill.

The check in on arrival at the hotel took over 1 hour. We were forced to leave our luggage outside reception whilst we are hurdded like sheep to a meeting room where we were sat and waited for some time to be allocated our keys. Once we had our keys were told to go into groups according to which we block we were in and then taken to our rooms. When we eventually got to our room our luggage was not there. We had to ask reception when are luggage was. We were told it would be there soon. We did get are luggage soon after.

ROOM
The first few days our bathroom smelt of sewage and there was a water around the toilet and on under the basin. We reported this to reception and were told it would be fixed. Two days later is the problem wasnt fixed. We were under the restuartant, in the moring it was noisy with people moving chairs and tables around and we were woken early. After 3/4 days we were offered to change rooms which we did. The 2nd room was much better. We had 2 double beds for 3 of us. The rooms was clean and tidy, housekeeping did a good job and changed our beach towels regularly.

POOLS
A good choice of pools. The waterslides were good but there is no life guard keeping an eye on the children and adults using them. There were a few occassions were there could have been an accident with childrend climbing up the slides. Obviously the parents were not supervising their children either. The roman pool had waiter service for drinks which was a nice touch.
The other pools you had to get drinks yourself.

SUNBEDS
We didnt have any trouble getting sunbeds by the beach pool. The sunbed attendants always helped with getting sunbeds and putting your towels out for you.

FOOD
The main buffet did a good selection of meat, fish, veg, rice. There was a kids buffett which seemed to have pasta, meat, rice most of the time.
There are several restaurants to choose from - buffet and a la carte. You have to book these 1 day in advance.
The worst we experienced was the Lebanesee. Food was awlful and so was the service.
The best we experienced was the Italian, pizza and Shish. The food was good and we had good servcie.
At lunch time the C-View and Mexican did the same menu and Shish served burgers, chicken wings, hot dog and chips. Burgers very dry with no butter or salad. Basically meat in a roll. Not the best we've had. Chicken wings were nice but sometimes over cooked.

SERVICE
We experienced a mixture of service - C-View, Mexican and Shish were very slow at taking orders. They seem to have different waiters for drink and food orders.
The Italian and Pizza restuarant we had very good service from the waiters.

ENTERTAINMENT
During the day the entertainment was ok - darts, water aerobics, water volley ball, belly dancing lesson.
The kids club seemed not to run especially for our 11 year old. Fortunatley she was quiet happy in the pool and snorkelling with mum and dad.
Evening entertainment was awlful - we had very bad singers almost every night and if you wanted to see something different you had to pay for it. We paid for Galabia Party which included dinner, belly dancer, fire show, snake dancing. This was good but never had to pay for this at an all inclusive hotel before even in Europe.

Overall we had a good holiday with lots of sunshire and 40 degress. We enjoyed the snorkelling that was the highlight for us. But with the other points we would not return to this hotel or use Red Sea Holiday ever again.

Room Tip: Ask not to be in block 5 under restaurant.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

A large complex with a choice of pools and many restaurants.
This was our 2nd visit as we enjoyed the last time so much. The hotel was at full capacity and was busier this time. However, the hotel coped under the strain of many guests. Many restaurants to eat at including; buffet, Mexican, Shish, Chinese and Italian.
We had a lovely junior suite in a great location but not everyone will have this. Rooms were tended daily.
Snorkelling was amazing and right on our doorstep.
Our first visit was probably better than our 2nd so that's why we gave it a 4 overall.
Take mosquito repellent and Imodium. It was extremely hot in August so get the factor cream on.
Been there twice now but would probably not go back for a third time. However we had a lovely time.

• Stayed August 2013
Pontyclun, Wales, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

After much deliberation, we settled on Sharm Plaza as it seemed the best value for money compared to other locations considering its amenities and location. This was mine and my partners first trip to Egypt and given the large price we paid and its 5* rating we expected luxury (similar to Caribbean).
The reviews I had read were a mixed bag, the majority positive so we went with an open mind and figured that the negative reviews were people being ridiculously picky. We were very wrong. I have never written a trip advisor review before but in this case I thought I would take the time.
I understand everyone travels abroad with different expectations but like I said we were expecting ‘luxury’.
Starting off, here are the positives, like many reviews I have read the hotel itself was beautiful, lovely grounds, rooms were always spotless and a beautiful beach front location. However, this is where it stops. Now for the negatives:
Food – In general terms it was awful. We managed to find something we didn’t mind each day but it is 100% not 5* quality. The buffet restaurant was the worst and I would recommend for people to avoid it. This is the only option for breakfast so I just stuck to the egg station, which lacked good hygiene but was definitely the safest option. The a la cart restaurants were not that much better. Any nice food wasn’t cooked properly and was always burnt. One thing I noticed was that the food in general lacked fresh veg, even the meals that came with veg had like one broccoli floret with it, which I’m sorry isn’t 5*. Lots of the nicer ‘sounding’ dishes you had to pay for and I came home feeling that I had eaten complete rubbish for the week as everything seemed to be high in carbs. The best restaurant was the Italian and I would recommend people to book this as often as possible. You do need to book the a la cart restaurants in the morning ready for the following night between 8am-10am. If you want the Italian get there before 8am otherwise you will not get in.
Crepes were served between 3.30pm and 5pm, which I must say made our holiday, these were lovely. But don’t turn up at 4.45pm expecting some, if the mixture has gone that is it.
Ice cream was served for a little while in the afternoon from the beach bar and you could have some with your crepe. However, sometimes it was more like cream as it wasn’t kept cold enough. Also, if you are unlucky to miss the serving time and even if there is some left they will not give it to you. One lady had a very heated argument with bar staff over this but they still would not give it to her.
Drinks – We are a young couple, who like a drink but we struggled here. The waiters walk around all day carrying lovely looking cocktails which you have to pay for (around £6/£7 each). They try to entice you by putting it on your room tab but we avoided this as we thought it was expensive. As AI we were left with the warm drinks, as they never had ice and bottles were just left out. All fresh juices you had to pay for, which left AI users with weak squash (at breakfast) and cartons of concentrated juice.
Entertainment – This was a joke. The hotel lacked atmosphere in the evenings. The main hotel bar had a singer, who wasn’t very good and you could never get a seat there anyway. We avoided this place and tended to sit down by the beach bar which was much quieter, but they played chart music and we just played cards and drank the night away. There were no shows included in the AI you had to pay extra for select nights. On our last night we decided to pay to go to the beach party, which was ok. This made up of an African dance group and fire breathers which lasted for around half hour and then a DJ played until 3am which non-paying guests were allowed into, much to my annoyance. The show was carefully timed so you only had just over an hour of AI drinks left (AI stops at 12) so many people left around 12. So I would avoid paying extra for their themed nights, it was all a con. During the day the entertainment was around the beach pool. A DJ played music for a few hours which was good. The aqua aerobics was also good and is worth going to. Apart from that, it’s pretty drab, they play this awful classical music when the DJ isn’t there. Every day I wished they would just allow the DJ to play his music all day, it would have been a far better atmosphere.
Sun loungers/pool – I had to get up at 7am every morning to get a sun lounger by the pool, if you want one on the beach go before 8am. I kept getting bit by things in the sand so I got up religiously to get one by the pool. As the beach pool was quite small, busy and people would go back and forth to the sea, this pool was always dirty. Your best option is one up some steps behind the beach bar. The pool attendant was lovely and he would clean the pool all day. Personally even though there were quite a few different pools, I think they were all too small and too far away from each other for the size of the hotel. This meant because of the lounger situation you were stuck to that pool all day. We didn’t go to the pool with the slides but other residents had told us it was just as bad up there.
Staff- On the whole were helpful but I have experienced better. If you tip you tend to get better service as in most places but this seems to be quite quickly forgotten.
Sharm itself - One night we went into Namma bay, the hotel runs its own taxi service which was good. This was an eye opener, we experienced hassle like never before (worse than Turkey). I wouldn’t say avoid Namma Bay, just be prepared. We went to Hard Rock Café for food, there was security on the door so no hasslers could come in. To be honest we wanted to find out if food wasn’t very good in Egypt as a whole or it was just our hotel. The hard rock didn’t disappoint and we had a lovely meal and some lovely cocktails. It is worth a visit. We also went to Soho which was lovely also.
The snorkelling was as amazing as people say. You don’t need to go far off the jetty to see loads of fish. This is a must, but avoid buying your snorkels from the hotel as ours just constantly leaked water into our mask, which was such a pain!
To some up:
One word I would use to describe my holiday is ‘disappointing’. We had many highlights but I would never return to this hotel. It is definitely not 5*, the resort itself looks very impressive but I would have much rather of stayed in a much smaller hotel if the food, drinks and entertainment were up to scratch. If we had booked last min and paid very little like lots of people I spoke to had done, then I suppose I wouldn’t have minded so much. If people are thinking of booking a trip to Sharm I would advise people to stick to the Thomson/first choice or Thomas cook rated hotels because there is a reason why Sharm Plaza doesn’t feature in any of their brochures. If you have already booked then just try to make the best of it. Eat out in Namma bay and Soho as much as pos because you are not missing anything special in the hotel, trust me.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Oxford, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

Having just spent two weeks in Sharm Plaza I thought I'd share some advice, I'm going to point out mainly the bad points here in order to share some of them. But please don't let this come across as my overall view of the place as it was a great holiday, I thought I'd share some of the not so good bits. The trip overall was very pleasant. The weather was spot on 40 degrees every day, and not a cloud in the sky. The rooms were nice enough, tidy. The only things I'd mention about our room was though was the cluster of hairs that were in the bathroom, on the shower wall, when we arrived, they were still there when I left two weeks later. The key cards must have stopped working about 12 times over the two weeks and you had to go to reception to get them to change it, which was annoying when you were in a hurry to visit the toilet. The final thing I will mention was the cockroaches, I found 3 in the room during our stay. Oh and the showeres weren't warm, but apart from that though, the rooms were perfectly fine. The guy who was cleaning ours was very polite and pleasant.

The beach was lovely, we never had a problem getting beds, and there was 8 of us together. The sea was perfect, nice and calm and great for snorkelling. There was thousands of fish to see and some beautiful reefs.

The food wasn't, in my opinion, great though.

Breakfast there was a range of things from chicken sausages to pastry’s. There is an omelette bar in the outside bit, which seemed popular.

For lunch, the buffet was nice and there was a good selection. The C-View Bar and the Mexican both had the same menu, which was alright. My personal favourite was the Shisha which did burgers, hotdogs, chips etc.

Dinner.

The service varied massively from visit to visit. I'm not sure whether it was because we were a relatively large group of 8 that made it more difficult. When there was only 5 of us it did seem to improve slightly, make of that what you will.

Pizza - Nice pizzas, although on one visit, we waited over 25 minutes for one of the pizzas to be served, so by the time it came everyone else had finished and we missed out on pudding as the oven had shut. The other visit here was the complete opposite. We had our starters and main at the table within 15 minutes of being seated. They must have remembered us!

Lebanese - My personal favourite food wise, lovely buffet.

Shisha - Brilliant food and the staff were brilliant. It was one of our party’s birthday and Mustafa made sure it was a brilliant night. He even let her make her own bread in the oven and see how it was made in the kitchen. Service here was perfect.

Mexican - Very pleasant on our only visit here, although the portions were a tad on the smaller size.

Italian - Nice food, can have up to 4 portions or anything you wanted.

C-View - Quite slow service I found here, my starter came out 10 minutes after everyone else and it did take a while for the food in general to arrive. The food was good though.

My main bit of advice about eating at night would be to book around the 7/7:30 mark as we often ate a bit later and more often than not found ourselves not being able to have pudding as the kitchen had closed.

The bars never had enough glasses, so one bit of advice would be to take your own, I got one and kept hold of it for the rest of the week to avoid having to queue up all the time and being told I couldn't take my glass to that part of the beach and had to go to a different bar. Water bottles can only be picked up from the top bar near reception which was a pain, and sometimes they'd get funny about you having more than 1 bottle?! Very strange. In fact it was in this bar we were told 'you've booked a cheap holiday, what do you expect' by a member of staff!

We did a couple of trips. The Safari which was truly brilliant, a really good day, and the highlight of the holiday for me. Make sure you buy a scarf if you do go though. You can buy them from in the complex before you go or out on the safari. I'd recomend this to everyone who goes. The second one we did was the boat trip to the Ras Mohamed. Again this was a good trip with some nice snorkelling stops. Don't be conned into buying wetsuits though, you won't need them. We would have like to have visited Petra etc. But for obvious reasons these trips weren't on recently. We also visited both the Hard Rock Cafes which were a nice experience (one of which, the taxi was paid for by the resort because of the poor service we had received on a couple of nights, which was a nice touch), I'd recommend that you go out and have a look around outside the complex as well.

Overall we had a very pleasant 2 weeks out in Egypt, I probably would go back if I fancied guaranteed sun. I've highlighted some of the bad points, and not focused very much on the good points. Most of the staff were very polite and helpful, you can understand some times when they are a little fed up when some holiday makers treat/speak to them the way they do. It was a lovely holiday, and one I won't forget any time soon.

Nottingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Me and my partner decided last minuet that we wanted a break away in the sun and my partner found this hotel on icelolly.com (booked through holiday broker JLM Travel). We were a bit concerned after reading a few of the reviews but were pleasantly surprised.

THE FLIGHT:
Before getting to the hotel be warmed the flight is long! We flew with Thompson Airlines who no longer have movies or meals served on board (be prepared to pay a premium if you wish to buy food and drink on board).

THE AIRPORT:
Sharm el Sheikh airport is an experience to say the least. You are guided through a set of main doors into semi-organized chaos. You have to join a queue to buy visas, even if you do not want a visa you still have to join the queue. You are then sent to join passport control queue which is not a queue but a mass of people pushing and barging their way forward (there were 4/5 flights landed in the airport) and no one really knew what was happening. After you get out the airport you are greeted by the rep and then guided towards your coach (which is about 100m from the airport exit). We felt slightly intimidated, especially in the dark, by the taxi drivers that kept trying to make us take their taxis and people grabbing suitcases and saying they will carry them for a tip. We spoke to a couple who had their bags carried and when they tipped the man £1 sterling he got on the bus and started harassing them saying this is not enough and the bus driver did nothing.

ARRIVAL:
We arrived at the Sharm Plaza and Resort and 11pm after passing through two security hotel checkpoint gates protected by arm guards at the hotel entrance, which shows the hotel is big on making its guests feel safe. We checked in and were guided to the restaurant buffet which had stayed open late for us to eat. This was an excellent touch as we were tired and hungry and provided a great first impression. We returned to reception after eating and were greeted by a bell boy would said he would take our bags and take us to our room. We were taken on the back of a golf buggy, which was a great laugh and the bell boy engaged us in friendly conversation about Egypt, making us feel very welcome. First impressions were great.

THE ROOMS:
We stayed in room 8036 (after initially moving rooms from a terrace to a balcony) and were pleased. The beds were comfy and the room was big with great air-conditioning. The fridge kept drinks cold (be warmed if you ask for a mini-bar in the fridge there is a £25 charge) and the room also had a hair-dryer and TV with a couple of English speaking channels. The issues we had with the room were the lack of light. We had one sealing light by the door and then one lamp which was not enough when trying to get ready at night. Also the shower had no power at all and we noticed that between 5-7pm the water would frequently stop working (maybe because everyone was showering). The male housekeeper who looked after our room Abdo Mota was amazing. He kept our room spotless and tidy for the full two weeks, when we saw him he would always come over and speak with us asking if everything was ok and if we were enjoying our holiday, he also asked us to teach him new English phrases and we became good friends. The rooms could do with tea and coffee making facilities though.

THE FOOD:
Breakfast in the buffet restaurants are ok, but do not expect a full English. The outside buffet restaurant at La Veranda do great omelets and fried eggs. We only ate at the buffet at lunch once and it was not the best experience. The food was either cold or soggy and took a long time to get served a drink. We therefore ate in the Shish or C-View restaurants’ at lunch for the remainder of the holiday which was better but still not great. I was served part cooked fish fingers on a couple of occasions and it can be difficult to get a table with so many people wanting to eat at the same time.

I would highly recommend booking one of the a la carte restaurants. You do need to queue up in the main reception at 8am to make sure you get in and at the time you want as they often fill up quickly. We ate in the buffet on two occasions at night and were not impressed with the food quality, taste or experience. Me and my partner highly recommend the Lebanese which was our favourite and also the C-View, pizza and Italian (although be warned they can become very pushy trying to get you to pay extra for better wine or beer).

THE HOTEL AND FACILITIES:
The hotel is clean and well maintained. There are always gardeners and cleaners walking around maintaining the hotel. Be aware though in the morning and at night the sprinkler system which waters the grass is turned on and smells like sewage! There are lots of pools to choose from and all have bars. Sun-beds can be hard to get unless you get up early and reserve. Forget the "no reserving sun-beds before 8am" signs most people reserve the beds well before 7am. We also noticed that some people tip the pool boys who start at 7am to reserve them the best sun-beds (which we also did). The main pools are clean and well maintained however; the smaller pools water is not as clean (due to the sun cream according to the pool boys). The hotel beach is not really a beach but nice and relaxing sun-beds and umbrellas overlooking the sea. The hotel has its own coral reef for snorkeling (snorkels can be hired from the beach for £2.50) which is amazing! The water is so clear and the fish amazing!! There are pool tables, table tennis, tennis courts, games rooms and shops on site; as well as a Spa, sports bar and night-club on site. We paid extra and went scuba diving in Ras Mohammed national park which was amazing and one of the best experiences of my life, highly recommend.

ENTERTAINMENT:
During the day there is a good entertainment program consisting of such activities as table tennis, water volleyball and water aerobics which cater for all. Also the entertainment team frequently do their dances and get people copying in the pools which is a good laugh.
Evening entertainment is very disappointing and repetitive. The entertainment consists of a singer who sings the same songs every evening then a mini show (either belly dancer, African dancer, saxophone player, bingo for example) which last for 30min. Then the same singer comes on again and sings slow depressing songs. As you cannot really leave the hotel we felt very let down and often ended up in bed early. If management do read these reviews this is an area that everyone we spoke to grumbled about and needs improving. Why not have the entertainment team doing mini shows like Grease or karaoke??

THE STAFF:
AMAZING!! Every member of staff we came into contact with from the gardeners, shop owners, pool boys to the bar staff were amazing. Reception staff need to work on their people skills a bit though and were snappy with me on a couple of occasions (maybe down to the way some people speak to them which disgust me and my partner leading them to become snappy with everyone). We witnessed many rude people talking to staff like they were a piece of dirt on their shoe, mainly German and Russian guests. The staff speak good English but at times get confused with certain regional dialect or phases but they are always keen to learn and help. The Egyptian people are so proud of the hotel they work for and their country and always ask if we are enjoying our holiday or if we need any advise or help with anything. The pool boys (especially Mohamed Blaza and Mostafa Sayed) take great pride in their work and are so helpful, polite and friendly. They used to greet us every time we saw them, we used to say hello in Egyptian Arabic and they used to greet us in English. It is really worth the time to learn the basic Arabic phases and we buzzed from the big smiles that came on their faces when you spoke to them in Arabic. The barman in Seville tapas bar were great (special mention to Reda Elbaz who made our holiday memorable). Drinks were served to the table and often we had another drink before even finishing the first. We found the Egyptians have a good sense of humour like a laugh and care about your experience. Staff engage you in conversation and look like they really enjoy their work. Management need more staff. The staff work so hard but are often running around as there are not enough to serve the volume of people. We also witnessed management shouting at staff for no real reasons.

RECOMMENDATIONS:

We travelled in August and is was 40oC + everyday!

Drink plenty of water. Bottled water can be hard to get hold of and I did have an argument with a bar man in the Red Bar who refused to give me two bottles of water (one for me and one for my partner who was in the room unwell). I explained this to him but he refused saying one bottle of small water per person which was ridiculous in 40oC weather, although this did only happen once. You can get water in cups from the bars but it is often warm due to the sun.

Take plenty of factors 30 and 50 sun cream that can be worn in the pool. The sun can burn you easily in the time it takes from getting out the pool to the sun-bed and drying off.

Stock up on diarrhea tables, wind settlers, rennie tablets and nausea and sickness tablets you will need them. Both me and my partner and everyone we spoke to had experienced traveller's diarrhea or Pharaoh's Revenge

Do not think you will not get bitten by Mosquitos, you will and they are big. Pack mosquito repellent spray, mosquito plug-inns and bite cream.

Be careful with drinks plastic glasses, if staff serve you a dirty plastic glass or you witness them cleaning the glass in shower water or even a dirty bucked DO NOT ACCEPT IT as you will get ill. Management again if you are reading this review you need to improve cleaning of plastic glasses at some of the pools. There are not enough glasses so often bar staff ‘clean’ the ones they do have in poor conditions leading to guest illness.

Take the time to ask staff to teach you some basic Arabic phrases.

If you see something you like in Na'ama bay ask the staff in the hotel how much they think it is worth before buying. For example we wanted a shisha pipe and were told by staff not to pay more than 200 Egyption pound for one. When we went the shop owner was adamant he wanted no less than 400 but eventually took 200 saving us £20! Without asking the staff we would have probably paid the 400.

Be comfortable in saying NO if you go to Na'ama bay they will tell you anything to get you in their shop and then make it hard and uncomfortable when you want to leave without buying something.

Book into the restaurants at 8am the morning before.

If you are wanting to do any excursions you can get them 'A LOT' cheaper in Na'ama bay than in the hotel.

Overall a great holiday and we will go back...

Room Tip: Be careful! We paid JLM Travel and additional £60 to guarantee a balcony room for us which did not h...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to The Sharm Plaza? Share your experiences!