Reading through reviews you will always find the positive and negative. My review is postive. There were 5 in the party and we arrived late evening to find we had been upgraded to a 2 bed apartment and evening dinner bag waiting for us.
Apartment - two bedrooms - one double, 2 singles and single in lounge area. Air conditioning worked a treat although one was noisy. Our room was cleaned daily to excellent standard with clean towels and beach towels changed in the evening of each day and clothes decoratives folded.
Hotel - there are a lot of steps from the hotel to the beach and restaurants and people who have difficulty beware but you can arrange for a golf cabby taxi service if needed. Recetion were always helpful and polite, taxi services good to use and efficient and to make sure you arrive early to book a la carte restaurants to aviod dissapointment. We only spent few nights in evening at the hotel have entertainment at the hotel and down by the beach bar. Highly recommend an evening in Naama bay.
food- breakfast buffet was ok and recommend the omelettes they were delicious and cooked there in front with a choice of toppings we were early risers for brekkie 7.30/8am and didn't have any problems finding seating for 5 of us. I think you have to remember it is a large hotel thousands of people so delays in tables, services is to be a little expected the staff bent over backwards to try and please. We ate in the Mexican if you like spicy food its grand, shish restarant good food but not good service when coming to drinks and they weren't that busy so not really any excuses, lebanese self service and lovely choice, pizza was great and italian by far the best.
Service - wherever we went we did not have problems like some of the reviews on here for service. We were all inclusive yes the waiters do not earn much so commission on cocktails, wine, fruit juices if they do sell. But a small tips go along way. During the day we speent around the beach bar/ mexicsn pool area and found the mexican restaurant the best for service/drinks/politeness and lunch time food. Especially keep your eyes out for Nada, Eid, and Mahmoud and if you love or want to try a cocktail hassans the waiter you need to find they were delicious.
Excursions - we did do one excursion through our holiday company for a snorkelling day although very enjoyable, when you go down to the main pool near the beach there is the millinium diving centre they offer exact same trips for slightly cheaper and all the staff are qualified, experienced and insured divers which sometimes can't be guaranteed. So I do suggest speaking to them before booking anywhere else. To ensure that you get the right price and information you will need to speak to Teva.
Overall I had a great holiday and experience and are already talking about booking again next year. Reading some of the reviews I do feel some have to be taken carefully as we saw a few people on holiday who were general very rude to staff, abusive for no reasons, and liked complaining to complain ( I am not saying all but were a few)
Tip - drink plenty of water it was in the 40's when we were there and keep the bottle with you to refill - bar lounge has barrels you fill from but ask at the restaurants and they will fill your bottle
Thank you Sharm Plaza and all the staff I will be back xxxxxx
- Also Known As:
- The Sharm Plaza Hotel
- The Sharm Plaza Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Crowne Plaza Sharm El Sheikh
- Crowne Plaza Sharm
- Crowne Plaza Resort Sharm El Sheikh
- Sharm El Sheikh Crowne Plaza
- Crown Plaza Sharm El Sheikh
- Crown Plaza Sharm
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This stunning 5 star resort occupies an equally stunning setting with panoramic views across the bay. Designed in traditional Moorish style with an impressive interior, it exudes elegance inside and out. As you relax by one of five swimming pools soak up the luxurious ambiance, before wandering down to the golden beach. The first class service is matched by an impressive choice of facilities, including a selection of fine restaurants, activities and well-appointed rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Otel so you can book your The Sharm Plaza reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.