“All in one” 5 of 5 stars

Attraction Details
Cairo, Egypt
“All in one”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

i was there and i m happy for the friendly and warm treatment from crew and waiters speedy service very nice food (pasta recommended and bamia ) the submarine was amazing and the snorkeling guides are the best we went to snorkeling with a zodiac it was very presidential :) and i enjoyed having free soft drinks.

Visited November 2012

The North
7 attraction reviews
“Excellent snorkelling and luxury catamaran”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

When my girlfriend selected this trip I was a little concerned at the price, 65 English pounds each, and felt that it would be difficult to achieve value for money on a half-day trip at this price. On reflection, I would happily pay that amount again for a wonderful trip.

The Nautilus sets off from the bay near the old market. Once onboard you are given a drink and sign waiver forms before enjoying an excellent buffet lunch. The food was delicious and the restaurant is very ornate. After this, people spread out to various parts of the ship, personally we went to the top deck to enjoy the sun and views of the coast.

After a nice cruise, the ship navigates close to the reef and passengers are invited down into the glass bottom part of the ship. Here you see many shoals of fish and are advised which species you are looking at. You spend perhaps 30mins enjoying this before the ship moves once again, close to the shore to shallower snorkelling water. Snorkelling is optional and in groups of 12 to one guide. The equipment is in good condition and the guides knowledgeable. The 45mins spent snorkelling were truly incredible, fish in all colours and size, some hunting, some just swimming along, a magnificent experience. The only thing to tarnish this was the ignorant attempts of one eastern european tourist who continually chased fish and attempted to grab them. Why people feel the need to interfere with the fish rather than just swimming and observing is beyond me.

Back onboard, we had the opportunity to shower and dry off before meeting back at the bar to view pictures and videos of our trip, which were available for purchase. After this, we enjoyed some more drinks and sun on the top deck before arriving back at port. An exceptionally luxurious way to spend an afternoon.

Visited July 2012
brighton
“Excelent half day trip but a bit expensive”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

I'm a brit who has lived in Sharm for 4 years and take my friends on various trips but had never heard of this one before. The first time I went was in the morning and the trip is from 9.30 to 1.00pm. Some guests were late so we didnt start off in time and this spilt the trip as it's only half day, so some elements were cut short. i'm a non swimmer and thought I might be bored but I thoroughly enjoyed it. There is a lovely bar/lounge area where you can get free drinks and then upstairs is sun deck that has a jaquzzi that you can use (I used this when my friends snorkled). This deck gets crowded so go up when you arrive to bag your seat/table. Below the ground deck is the restaurant and it certainly has the wow factor, so well presented and clean. I agree with Carrolf, the buffet is outstanding compared to other boat trips and you can eat as much as you want. Then you go down another level for the submarine. It's amazing to go down there but I was a little dissapointed as on the 3 trips I have done, I saw very few fish. You can only view propwely from one side so thats why they turn around to give the other side a chance to have a good view. I assume because they go down deeper that they are limited to wher they can dive, but it doesnt give you a good impression of the variety of beautiful fish and corrals that are in Sharm, so do snorkel off other beaches and reefs to get a great experience. I found the afternoon trip better, assuming they cast off on time as it seemed more relaxed. A bit expensive for a half day trip but great if you have a mix of swimmers and non swimmers. I defy anyone to say the food was bad, after 3 trips I can say the buffet is consistent quality and great.

Visited December 2011
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent Boat Excursion..... The best in the red sea.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2012

The family and I are just back from a weeks holiday in Sharm. One of the high-lights of our holiday was the Nautilus Submarine Excursion ran by Tornado Marine Fleet.

This trip is suitable for all ages, our group ranged from 2 months > 63 years.The crew and organisation on the excursion were friendly and professional, from booking to arriving back at the port everything ran smoothly, safely and best of all very enjoyably!

Been a scuba diver I didn't think the trip would offer a lot for my self but I was amazed at the quality of the snorkeling, the submarine section of Nautilus and the buffet lunch was certainly the best I've had on over 100 boat excursions and safari's I've traveled on.

A full five stars from all the family... Including Yo-Yo my son of 2 months that spent most the time snoozing...!

Thanks to all the team at Tornado Marine Fleet.

Visited March 2012
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
16 attraction reviews
“Good trip if you aren't planning on snorkelling.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2012

Nautilus was our first introduction to the reefs. The lunch was OK although dessert was limited. There were only two other English people on the trip (the other two people were two elderly gentlemen who had some diffiuculty getting around on the boat) and one couple who were Romanian. The rest were Russian. We felt second class. The guide, after seating us in the viewing panel, disappeared and we were left wondering what the fish were. Then the catamaran turned round and you couldn't see much.

Visited January 2012