“Lovely hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 226 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Letchworth, United Kingdom
“Lovely hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013 via mobile

Hi stayed here from 7th November to 14th November.
I want to write a honest review as I work in travel here in the UK. I have been to Egypt before and been to 2 hotels previously on my own but I want to say honestly that for the first couple of days here I felt so uncomfortable here I wanted to move hotels. I spoke to my Thomas cook rep who was fab and he spoke to Michelle the customer relations lady who spoke to me. She made me feel so much better and after that I enjoyed my stay very much and I met some great people during my stay.
The was In block 15 which was half way between the beach And then the main restaurant. The hotel is a on a hill so when u walk up from the main pool where entertainment is and the beach it's a big hill to walk up and down. There's are two main pools one where it's quiet and relaxing and is near the top of hotel, the pool where animation team worked is the place to be iff you wants all the action. There is a hotel bus that runs all day between reception and down to beach. Anton the driver was great and was a great laugh and even sang to you. He was a breath of fresh air in the mornings.
The food at hotel was good and I found something to eat every day and the staff were all so friendly. The spa as well was fantastic. I was unhappy with a treatment And I did have to complain about it. The staff couldn't do enough for me and I felt very happy with service I received after and that special thanks goes to Azza and her spa manager who I think is Sherif but can't remember. Thank you to Marco the taxi driver, Mohamed and Mahmoud in main restaurant. Samuel the towel guy at entertainment pool was a good laugh too and also to the main guy at same pool who served us drinks all day and put up with a group of us in jacuzzi.
Just one warning to women on own don't go in shop on own where sell converse. He tried to invite me back to his flat twice after he finished work and because I didn't go he called me weird.
All in all a great holiday but that one man from that shop did ruin it for me.
I would return to hotel but don't know if would go on own again.

Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Hany T, General Manager at Xperience Sea Breeze Resort, responded to this review, December 21, 2013
Thank you for great comments and for choosing Xperience Sea Breeze Resort, we will be delighted to accommodate you all over again.

Your praising to the staff you mentioned is very much appreciated and will be passed into them as I am sure they will appreciated in return , and glad that you enjoyed our food served and it has gained your satisfaction.

Looking forward to welcoming you again soon in our resort.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,836)
  • Arabic first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

We spent 2 weeks Mid October, and thoroughly enjoyed it, The resort wasn't busy (due to travel restrictions from some countries). 10 minute drive from the airport, perfect! Check in was smooth and efficient with a refreshing welcome drink.

The hotel site is long and being built on a hill is a reasonable 5-10 minute stroll down to the beach and pier, however you can catch a mini bus every 5 mins to take you up and down the resort. Our room was in block 14 being very centrally located in the resort (block 10 being nearest to the evening entertainment, could be noisy occasionally, Block 18 nearest the beach, Zen bar and Element Restaurant)

Around the resort, the pool areas are very smart and the bars and restaurants are very clean and well maintained, there always seemed to be someone with a dustpan and brush nearby.
Food - we couldn't fault. Breakfast is taken in the main buffet restaurant where there is a huge variety of food on offer from cooked food through to cereal with everything in between, lunch can also be taken there and is also very good. There are pool side restaurants also offering food at lunchtimes. In the main buffet restaurant of an evening there is a different cuisine, Caribbean, French, Italian, Indian, Egyptian, Mexican, Hungarian, it was most impressive and delicious. Drinks are on tap and not bad. We visited the L'Shisha Lounge for our BBQ meal which we can highly recommend, again the staff were fabulous.

Because the resort wasn't busy there were plenty of loungers available around the pools - there are 3 quiet pools away from the 2 main pools (being at the top is the Aqua pool and bottom of the resort is the Deep Pool). The beach lounger area is great for relaxing and catching the rays, we walked along the beach each day past other resorts with no problem from security. The pier is perfect for snorkling off, or just watching the colourful fish below.

Pack some insect repellent and apply before going out in the evening, as those pesky mosquitoes do come out at dark for a bite to eat! The entertainment is ok/average/amusing, people’s expectations are so vast you’ll never fulfil everyone’s idea of great entertainment. We met some great people who we were happy to join for drinks, Shisha pipe and chats of an evening, they were from Leeds, Birmingham, Switzerland.

The Staff make this hotel memorable - Nothing was too much to ask. At the pool the staff remember what you drink and what time you take your coffee or first beer. As soon as your glass was empty they’d soon be replacing it without you even ordering. Water, fruit juice, fruit kebabs, bagels, ice-cream an unending supply of coffee/drinks. The service in general in this resort is first class; everyone is friendly and obviously trained to a high standard. They understand good Customer Service! We would recommend this resort and would definitely return. We like to say a big thank you to Sameh, Hossam and Chef at the Aqua Pool, Ali from Pool 3 and Ali the Supervisor.

Sorry for the delay in posting this, work gets in the way !

Room Tip: Block 14 is centrally located, the best !
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your most recent experience while at the Xperience Sea Breeze Resort. First let me thank you for the pros that you highlighted in our resort such as staff service, choice of food, pools' areas.

It is always pleasing to hear that our guests were satisfied with the facilities and service during their vacation and looking forward to welcoming you again.
Gloucester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

Easy going, every hassle taken care of, nothing too much trouble. It's always the staff that make or break a holiday experience, and, without exception, the staff make this hotel. Sun is sun, who really cares which part of the world you lie in? I am going to mention by name Abo Zeid Own Saad the Executive Chef, Mohamed Idriss the Restaurant Manager and Tarek Eid Hassan the F&B Manager for organising their teams, their service, their food and their care and consideration so well. All the members of staff we 'touched' performed beyond expectations.

Onwards, our trip to the beach. A journey of 10km or so, as we turned into the beach area (on a blustery day) a lampost fell onto the bus! Really!! Fortunately, nothing dramatic to report - a quite indifferent driver, no hysterical women, quite ok really. By the time the bus returned at 16h00, the bus had been repaired (dented luggage carrier, blown-out window), same driver, all well. We got back to the hotel, greeted by the duty manager, a call from the hotel and fruit and wine delivered to the room, not a bad day really.

Met some lovely people, enjoyed the food, the stay, they sun, Animation, nothing to report.

Would we return? No. Too many other places in the world to visit. Would I recommend that you visit this hotel and resort? Yes, without hesitation.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
First, allow me thank you for the time taken to write you feedback about your latest experience at Xperience Sea Breeze Resort.

It is a great honor to see that in general you were happy with our services rendered.

Your pleasant comments about the hotel staff service and hotel location are passed to them to encourage and ensure they are appreciated from our end as well.

Thanks again for your feedback and would hope to welcome you back personally, when no efforts will be spared to make your stay as comfortable as you would wish.
CHESHIRE
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

Stayed at this hotel at the end of November to the start of December. First impressions were really good. The room was nice and big with a walk in shower in the bathroom. The room was cleaned every day.

The food in the evening was really good and ate well every night; the same can be said for breakfast and lunch. Dinner and lunch is a buffet in the main restaurant, lunch can be also had around two of the pools with a snack menu. Breakfast is again in the main and has really good choice, eggs anyway you want them and meats and pastries. In the main restaurant (Tiran) you will always see a manager walking around keeping an eye on things.

The drinks were all very nice and found most of the staff pleasant and efficient. Tried the shisha lounge restaurant which you can go to once a week, this a bbq style place with a smaller option than the main restaurant, although they do prawn skewers on the bbq which are really nice.

I found that the pools could be cleaner as you will see bits of dirt floating about, although this was not cause enough to stop me swimming. The beach terrace was cooler than staying by the pools to sunbathe but could hurt your feet if you did not have flip flops as it is quite stony.

Overall this hotel is listed as a 4 star and is a really good 4 star hotel.

There were a lot of midges about and a lot of people did get bites so make sure you take bug spray and anti-histamines.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Hany T, General Manager at Xperience Sea Breeze Resort, responded to this review, December 22, 2013
Thank you indeed for your fantastic feedback about your recent stay at our resort and it’s really nice for us, that you had a funny, relaxing holiday at our property and we are awaiting you soon back again.
Kindly accept our warmest regards from Xperience Sea Breeze Resort.
Derby, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

My husband and I have just returned from a 2 week holiday at this hotel.The staff the management and everyone that looked after us during this stay went that extra mile.I can not give enough praise. The food was excellent and I noticed that they had a food hygiene certificate on display on the reception desk well done and thank you for such a great time.Hopefully see you next year if not sooner

Room Tip: we stayed in block 14 which is in the centre of the complex
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
We would like to pass you our utmost appreciation and thanks for issuing your very positive review regarding your recent stay at our Xperience Sea Breeze Resort and for recommending it to anyone.

Your feedback is not only essential but is also a helpful tool to measure the level of service we extend to our guests and at the same time provides us with an opportunity to improve our standards.

It will be our great pleasure to host you soon again for another great time at our resort and all our team is looking forward to welcoming you back.
Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

From reception to our departure our holiday was excellent! The only criticism we could have would be that the evening entertainment was amateur and poorly organised with lengthy periods of inactivity! Lone singers using a laptop application and very little else isn't entertainment! A game if bingo, simple as it may be, would have been a massive improvement, would have eaten up some time and with a 'personality' to host it could change the mood for the evening! Service couldn't be faulted, likewise the choice of food was exceptional. Quality wasn't brilliant but when you're feeding the masses you'd expect that. We couldn't complain about the food, there was something for every taste. Made to order omelettes at breakfast were excellent. The staff whether they be supervisors, waiters, bar staff or room cleaners were all cheerful, polite and couldn't do enough for you, so easy to strike up a friendship with them! Access to the sea was a little restricted from the jetty but it's just a matter if waiting your turn to get down the narrow steps with your snorkelling gear. I had the misfortune of requiring medical treatment on a badly cut toe on the day of my departure. The fact that the hotel has their own on-site doctor is a massive bonus and made the whole experience much more bearable. I was able to enjoy the last few hours of our holiday by the pool rather than at a hospital in the town. Wrong to single out just one person, there were far too many to list, Lorraine the hotel liaison officer was so helpful and made sure I was looked after properly. Not often I'd say this about a holiday but I'd definitely go back to this hotel.

• Stayed November 2013
We read with very much delight, that our team could make your stay fantastic holiday and we thank you especially for the lovely, praising words regarding our team members, food variety and resort and rooms’ cleanliness. And thank you for recommending our resort to anyone.
Kindly accept our warmest regards from Xperience Sea Breeze Resort.
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

The food was excellent, delicious and fresh - couldn't really fault it. We wanted more of the baklava and on telling the chef how much we loved it, and were sad there was no more - we were sent a plate to our room! The service everywhere was great and friendly, especially in the restaurant.

We booked through last minute and the only problem was that on arriving at the hotel we were told they had no record of our reservation number were told it was $100 a night to stay in a rather unfriendly tone. On my polite insistence I phoned last minute (on my own bill as the hotel would not let me use their phone) and managed to locate the problem with the 'Egyptian tour operator'. All was sorted in the end but it was a very stressful start to the trip!

The dive school 'Anar Divers' at the end of the pier were excellent - I would thoroughly recommend them as an experienced diver. I dived with Haitan and had 4 great dives from the end of the jetty at the hotel - varied and exciting,

The rooms were great, but the bathrooms were a little tired. We would definitely stay again and loved it here.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Hany T, General Manager at Xperience Sea Breeze Resort, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay and that we achieved our standard of ensuring your holiday to be both relaxing and memorable.
For your reservation matter, it is not the hotel fault at all as we did not receive your booking details until your arrival to the hotel and our reception made many call to the most of last minute travel agents in Sharm El Sheikh until they found your local travel agent. please note that our team made all best to sort your matter upon arrival.
Once again, I would like to thank you for the time spent to write to us and we really are looking forward to seeing and welcoming you back again to your second home.

Been to Xperience Sea Breeze Resort? Share your experiences!