“Wonderful 1st trip to Egypt” 4 of 5 stars

Xperience Sea Breeze Resort
4.5 of 5 Resort   |   Sharks Bay, Sharm El Sheikh 4, Egypt   |
Ranked #7 of 233 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Oxford, United Kingdom
“Wonderful 1st trip to Egypt”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

Let me start by saying that after hearing people on the plane home moaning about their hotels we must have found a hidden gem.

We encountered one problem, the room was supposed to be for 2 adults and 2 children, when we arrived the room had one large bed. I called the reception desk to be told that they could send one extra bed, but the room was not big enough for 2 extra beds. After waiting some time we went up to reception. they explained that all rooms in the hotel were the same size and that if we wanted more room then we could pay for an additional room at our expense.

We explained we had already paid for a room big enough for 4 people and that's what we were expecting. They added two additional beds and moved most of the other furniture out to make room for them. We did not spend much time in the room thankfully as it was a squash and a squeeze.

The staff were amazing, very attentive and always saying hello on the way past, they work hard the whole day through never stopping and that's seven days a week. Mohammed in the Zen bar was brilliant, interacted really well with my two children swapping card tricks and talking football.

Mostafa in the lower pool bar, brilliant, always making sure you had a drink, making sure everyone participated. Made 'bomb bomb's' for the children as well as the adults.

Your Bar - a lovely cool relaxing place to chill before/after dinner drinks.

Trips - we booked plenty of trips some with the guy on the beach some outside the hotel.

James - Scuba diving, gave the children a lesson in the pool first and then we went diving off the beach, very good with the children explained everything, made sure they were happy. great experience

Ahmed - Speed boat trip, snorkeling dolphin spotting, very lucky a large pod of dolphins which the children loved. para sailing around Sharks Bay, great trip great views of the bay. Inflatable armchair thing, around the bay behind the speedboat great fun, giggles galore.

Quad biking in the desert, went for about 30 mins then stopped had a break a drink and rest then back on the bikes to return, amazing trip.

swimming with dolphins - again an amazing trip well worth doing, it is very busy and you go in with other people but you do get a good 15 mins with them and they are amazing creatures.

All in all it was a wonderful holiday which we all enjoyed, my 2 (9, 11 yrs) children would say the best part was the slide pool and the dolphins the scuba diving.

Highly recommend the hotel, its still new so has not had time to get to shabby.

Room Tip: the lower down the better and more of a sea view. we were on the end 1610, ground floor, we could l...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Hany T, General Manager at Xperience Sea Breeze Resort, responded to this review, August 20, 2012
Thank you for sharing your most recent experience while at the Xperience Sea Breeze Resort. First let me thank you for the pros that you highlighted in our resort such as staff service, choice of food, pools' areas. It is always pleasing to hear that our guests were satisfied with the facilities and service during their vacation and that you plan to return at some stage in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,399)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

We were lucky enough to stay here from the 26th July till the 4th of August.

The complete experience from start to finish was amazing. Everyone was very friendly, going out of their way to make our stay enjoyable and memorable. I’ll remember Mostafa’s Bom Bom Time forever; he is an outstanding barman and owns that pool bar. Mohammed Jamal from the beach bar does a great cocktail, and makes you feel like a VIP in the resort. A guy named Hany, is literally cleaning the pool toilet facilities all day, and does an excellent job. Peter who floats about from bar to bar helping everyone out is an absolute gent. Imyad from Your bar is terrific and offers a service above and beyond expectations. Shisha bar Sabrey does the hotel proud, and serves the finest shisha I’ve ever had, I’d recommend the double apple after an evening meal for ultimate relaxation.

We really had no complaints what so ever, the food and general facilities were fine.

There is one person not mentioned so far, and that is Michelle the guest relations rep. Michelle made magic happen with her assistance in extending our vacation, the only thing she didn’t help with was actually paying the extra, but she did make sure we got the best possible price. Throughout our stay Michelle was approachable, sociable and truly professional, making sure we had a pleasant holiday.

The other guests during our stay were also great, and all part of the legendary holiday experience.

I recommend Xperience Sea Breeze to all! I’ve already done so to many friends here back in the UK. I am hoping to return next year.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Hany T, General Manager at Xperience Sea Breeze Resort, responded to this review, August 29, 2012
It’s of utmost pleasure, that we could provide you with a great holiday and wonderful time at our resort, where you felt very welcome.
We are looking forward to welcoming you hopefully in the near future again to enjoy another interesting vacation.
Please, accept our warmest regards from Xperience Sea Breeze Resort.
Moscow, Russia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

Hello everyone. We visited this hotel in March, as of 17 till 25. What can I say. The weather is nice (not perfect) at this period, 25-28 C, a bit cold at nights, early morning and at noon due to really cold wind but this does not mean you should forget your sun creams – always be careful as the sun is really hot! In general it is OK taking into account -5 C at home -) It dawns early (at 7 a.m.) and gets dark at 4.30-5 p.m. so be ready to get up early to enjoy daytime. The hotel is really new and is placed between two other big hotel resorts. Sometimes you may hear the noise of local rote taxi in that hotels but in general it is Ok. The part of the hotel which is near the reception is lower than the territory of around hotels and thus you can see two high walls from the left and right sides what is not good – I did not feel myself comfortable as of that. Due to lack of territory there are two animation areas: front which is near pontoon and middle pool which is in the middle of the hotel and between living blocks. There are two big pools (“big” - in the sense of this hotel) which are not deep (70 cm - 1 m maximum); heated only one which is near the beach. All animation is focused on the “beach” which is not the beach as you usually imagine – this is the levels of concrete areas (4 or 5) downing to the sea (first big minus of this hotel). The sea is nice, very clean but 2 or 3 days within our stay there was “red flag” due to high wind and we cannot swim and snorkeling (in other days snorkeling was nice but could be better like in other bays). Another our warning was sandstorm. At our first day the was very foggily and even a bit dark as of smog. We asked animator what is the reason and he told us that this time the risk of sandstorms is really high and it is already 2 days past as of end of the latest one. Next day everything was OK. So be careful and try to investigate forecast for the period you going to stay in Egypt! About the hotel. The territory of the hotel is very small. This means you will not find any free space to play volleyball or football, frisbee, etc. Everything around you is very compact and out of free space. This is for sure the second big minus of this hotel. There is no beach volleyball at all which is really strange for Egypt (third minus). Really poor animation. Guys from Belarus was doing their best but due to many reasons it is impossible. Music around main pool and thus near the “beach” is low as living block is placed too close and some tourists claim on noise at daytime… (fourth minus). The food is nice, never had a problem with it but frankly speaking the choice of food is really small, nothing special and some plates are repeating from day to day which is annoying (fifth minus). Sauna and gym are extra (sixth minus). As to living blocks they are set of three floors and I would strongly recommend you to be placed as closer to the sea as it possible and always take upper floor since only their you can find exactly sea view. Room service is OK. We always gave 1 USD and our room was always clean with all days new towels.

As a result (and this is my own opinion) this hotel is not 5 star hotel. However this is the perfect balance of price and quality in Egypt, especially if you want to spend your money outside the hotel and your main goal is just a sun, shopping or something else. It is strong 4 star place which is trying to give you the best what it can bearing in mind a place where it is built.

Kind regards,
Anton

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Hany T, General Manager at Xperience Sea Breeze Resort, responded to this review, August 17, 2012
I would like to seize this opportunity to thank you very much for the time you spend to write your valuable comments regarding your recent stay at Xperience Sea Breeze Resort and the efforts you took to share your views with us.
Kindly accept our warmest regards from Xperience Sea Breeze Resort.
Royal Wootton Bassett, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

Within an hour of arriving at the airport, my husband, son and I were shown into our room at this lovely hotel. First impressions were great; speedy check in, very friendly staff and a much needed welcome drink. Having booked a sea view room and knowing block 18 was on the seafront, I was at first disappointed to discover we were given room number 1611 which was two blocks back. However, I soon discovered this room was at the end of the corridor which meant we had the most fantastic sea view from our balcony. Though we had an extra single bed in our room, it was still quite spacious and very, very clean. The double bed was huge and very comfortable, loads of wardrobe and drawer space, good hairdryer and a great combination of soft lighting. The big flat screen TV was a big hit with my husband and 11yr old lad who enjoyed watching Hawii Five O and TOP Gear before going out to dinner.

On entering the Tiran restaurant I was glad to see a hand sanitiser dispenser which everybody used before going in to eat and there was also hand sanitiser outside each all of the toilets in the main part of the hotel. However, I did notice there was no hand sanitiser outside the toilets at any of the pools where food was also served, so this might be something the management could look into - otherwise, hygiene was of a high standard in this hotel.

When we entered the restaurant, we were'nt sure if we were to be seated or just choose a table. A very charming tall waiter called Peter came to our rescue, showed us to a table, explained the layout of the food sections and promptly took our order for drinks. By the time, we came back to the table with our starters, our drinks had arrived and then Peter came back to our table several times throughout our meal to make sure we were happy with everything and to bring us more drinks. This excellent service continued throughout the next few days until Peter was going away to visit his family. Luckily, Mahmoud then gave us his excellent attention, he would see us arrive in the restaurant even if we did'nt see him and, knowing, our drinks order, would just deliver them to our table without us having to ask - he was an absolute star. My husband was ill during our stay and did'nt leave the room at all on one of the days so when I took my son for a quick dinner that night Mahmoud asked where he was. I explained that he was recovering from an upset stomach and though I knew the hotel did hot permit you to take food out of the restaurant to the rooms, I asked Mahmoud if I could just take him a roll back as he had eaten nothing that day. Mahmoud was genuinely concerned and so wonderful, he even brought me a plastic take-away box to transport a roll and some grapes back for my husband. It's these little touches that make a big difference when deciding whether to rebook another stay at a hotel. All of the staff at this hotel are very friendly and make you feel they care about you as a person and not just as a guest they may never see again.

In general, the food was very, very good. There was always a wide variety of dishes to choose from and there really was something for everyone. Basically, if you could not find anything there to your taste - then stay at home and eat grass. The desserts and cakes were fantastic and apparently are all made from scratch on the premises - compliments to the chefs. If you have young children who are not adventurous foodwise, then speak to the restaurant manager and they can arrange for dishes like chicken nuggets, fish fingers, chips etc - they're really great with families. My boy was happy because he just hit the pasta bar every night where he chose different ingredients for the sauce and then watched the chef prepare it for him. Personally, I love trying different dishes and had a little taster of each main dish every night, most of which I enjoyed and very few that I did'nt. The breakfast buffet also carried a great variety of continental and cooked dishes and a huge variety of rolls, croissants and danish pastries - gorgeous.

The pools are beautiful. We used the big pool with the waterslide on most days and loved it. Younan, who looked after the sunbeds and towels, was always so friendly and had a great big smile for all the guests. He took the time to greet us every day, put our umbrella up and basically worked very hard all day but was always very cheerful.

Probably, the most hard working person I've seen at this hotel is Aref at pool bar. That man just does not stop from the time he starts work till he finishes. He is constantly bringing random trays of different soft drinks, beers, fruit kebabs, water etc around to the sunbeds and then weaving his way back, collecting empty plates and glasses. He makes a cracking cup of coffee and has it on your sunbed table ready for you after your first dip of the day in the pool. He is also great with the children, being as attentive to them as he is to adults, serving them their icecream and soft drinks with a joke and a smile. Aref clearly takes great pride in his work and the hotel should really take great pride in such a wonderful member of staff.

The housekeeping service was excellent. It was also so nice to come back to an immaculate room and bathroom every evening. Nice clean bed linen and towels and even my son's trainers neatly lined up. My son could not wait to get into the room every evening to see if there was some towel art left for him. To his delight, he had a monkey, crocodile and a couple of elephants during the stay. Mohamed looked after our room throughout our stay and very kindly gave us some extra water when my husband and son were ill. He too was a friendly chap and a pleasure to see each day.

Mohamed at Your bar is a was fantastic guy, very attentive, friendly and again never stops working. He works really long hours, but you would never think it as he has so much energy and always smiling - as with all the staff, he can't do enough for you. The evening entertainment was very good. We never ventured out in the evenings because we did'nt need to. We were more than happy to chill out with a drink watching the entertainment show until we ventured back to our room at about 11pm - we were ready for crashing out by then, can't take the heat like we used to. Some people were commenting about having to pay for drinks after midnight, though that was not a problem for us it may be for others

The shops in the hotel were another lovely experience. We paid quite a few visits to Peter for snorkels and fins etc and it got to the point where our son would run ahead of us in the lobby to go say hello to Peter before dinner every night. He even went and gave him a hug as we were leaving. My advice is to go see Peter for any bits of shopping, he is a very friendly chap who you can trust not to rip you off.

The snorkelling off the pontoon was fabulous and opened up a whole new experience for our family - as my son said, it was like swimming in a fish tank. I think the hotel did a great job of providing a platform from which the guests could gain access to the sea for snorkelling. The hotel cannot be blamed for the natural geographics of the land and not providing a lovely sandy beach as other reviewers moan about - lets get real here people. Yes the sunbeds down on the beach area are made of blue plastic and not as comfortable as the mattressed ones by the pool. However, there is a lot of sandy grit in this area and it would appear plastic is more suitable here. The standard of cleaning of the toilets around the pool areas is also quite impressive and always seem to have someone on duty there throughout the day. Many, in particular seems to always be cleaning the sinks and floors and enquires politely if the cubicles are clean and if I'm happy with the standard. He is a very pleasant chap and always friendly.

Michelle, in charge of guest relations, is an absolute star. I approached her on our third morning to ask for suggestions on a local remedy for my son's sunburn as Aftersun lotion did'nt really help. She suggested I go to the health spa where I was given Camomile lotion which provided instant relief - though this was expensive here (£15) it was money well spent but if you have kids it would be a good idea to bring it out from the UK with you. On suggesting a visit to the health spa, Michelle asked me if everything was OK with our room and our stay in general. I mentioned that we had a little problem with the shower and the hairdryer and she said she would see to it immediately. On arriving back at our room 3 hours later, both problems were sorted out - a very prompt efficient service which we can't fault. Also, as we arrived at 7pm on our first day and were being picked up at 2.40 pm on the day of our departure, Michelle also arranged a late check out at 2pm for us which was very kind of her and the staff at reception and greatly appreciated by our family. Michelle works long hours and takes her job seriously and goes to great lengths to ensure the guests' stay is an enjoyable one.

We had a fantastic stay at this hotel and can't wait to go back next year. We got back at 1am this morning and I'm already looking at booking for next year. Thank you so much to you all at the Seabreeze hotel.

Room Tip: Block 18 all have seaviews but a long climb up to main hotel. Block 16 is a bit further up the hill...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
We would like to take the opportunity to send you our sincere appreciation and thankfulness for your great feedback upon your recent first visit to Egypt and of course at our Xperience Sea Breeze Resort and for your kind support.
We read with very much delight, that our team could make your stay fantastic holiday and we thank you especially for the lovely, praising words regarding our team members, food variety and resort and rooms’ cleanliness. And thank you for recommending our resort to anyone.
It will be our great pleasure to host you soon again for another fantastic time at our resort as all our team is looking forward to welcoming you back.
Bath, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

The hotel is good, the rooms are really nice. We had a twin room with massive beds. All facilities in the room were new and the towels were changed daily. The air con is brilliant, doesn't make much noise like some.
The general hotel facilities are very good. Lots of choice of pools aimed at different people. There are enough sunbeds but we did get a bit annoyed with all the people putting their towels on them at the crack of dawn. The jetty and snorkelling is very nice. The eating and drinking areas are nice. The food in the main restaurant is ok, there's nothing wrong with it as such it's just that it isn't very exciting. It's sort of jack of all trades master of none as they try to cater to too many tastes. However saying that the breakfast is really good with lots of choice of pastries and breads etc... We ate at the pool bar everyday which was nice as you order off a small lunch menu.
The best thing about the hotel was the staff, they are so hardworking. They were always keen to help you even when they were really busy. Wael who works at the pool restaurant was lovely, always joking and laughing with us. Peter that does the drinks in the restaurant was great too as were the other waiters, Ashrf and Said. The service was really attentive, my Dad always wanted ice in his wine and after 2 days his order was remembered and brought to him without even asking. Moustafa on the pool bar is brilliant. He made a really good atmosphere getting everyone together for drinks and fun. The drinks waiters are great, can't remember his name but he would do cockney accents and joke around with us.
The two things I would complain about are the toilet cleaner at the pool as he tends to follow the girls in and is kind of creepy. The other problem is getting hassled by sellers. I understand that these people have to make a living, but constantly being asked if I wanted an over priced beauty treatment at the hotel spa became very annoying.
Overall a good holiday was had by all.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay and that we achieved our standard of ensuring your holiday to be both relaxing and memorable.
Once again, I would like to thank you for the time spent to write to us and we really are looking forward to seeing and welcoming you back again to your second home.
Dawhat al Qatar, Ad Dawhah, Qatar
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

The hotel is a very lovely hotel with well equiped rooms and amenities, the staff members were really genuinely friendly, helpfull always with a smile. The restaurant had a different theme for the food every day with a large variety of excellent dishes. Many differents food and bars in the hotel and around the swimming pools in all inclusive. Excellent location for snorkling at the beach. We enjoyed our stay at the xperience and would recomend it for couples and families whom want to spend holiday without any troubles....

Room Tip: Rooms in block 1210 are good in between 4 swimming pools and far from the entertainment are in the e...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Hany T, General Manager at Xperience Sea Breeze Resort, responded to this review, August 21, 2012
We would like to seize this opportunity to thank you very much for the time you spend to write your valuable comments regarding your stay at Xperience Sea Breeze Resort and the efforts you took to share your views with us. We always appreciate the guest comments, and constantly strive to provide as much pleasant and comfortable stay as expected.
We really are looking forward to seeing and welcoming you back again to your second home.
tollebeek
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

very good resort in sharm el sheikh.
all employees are smilling the whole day.
but there are 2 employees who need to get attention.

First Samwil from the beach.
he is allways smiling and makes you laugh.
he should be a manager.

then we have sabre from the shisha lounge.
very hard worker and very nice guy.

but when you visit this nice hotel you will really enjoy youre staying.

greetings jasper and wilma from holland

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Xperience Sea Breeze Resort? Share your experiences!