“Great Experience” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 226 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Ayrshire/Scotland
“Great Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Sea Breeze from 5th to 12th March 2012 in room 1619. The welcome we received from George, the Reception Manager, and his staff was excellent. We were quite apprehensive when we saw the slope on which the hotel is built but when we realised that the courtesy bus ran up and down all day our fears were gone. The room was a good size, very clean and had a good view of the Red Sea and Tiran Island. The housekeeping service all week was of a high standard.

We have been to Sharm a number of times over the last few years, but this hotel has provided the best variety and quality of food we have experienced. The service provided by Ali and Hussein in the main restaurant was very good. We went to the Elements a la carte restaurant on the Friday night and the menu choice was excellent as was the service provided by Mohamed and his young trainee, also Mohamed.

Going on holiday at this time of year is always a bit of a gamble weatherwise but we had a brilliant sunny, warm and cloudless 7 days of peace and relaxation at the Sea Breeze especially in the swimming pool at the beach level which was like a warm bath.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Hany T, General Manager at Xperience Sea Breeze Resort, responded to this review, March 18, 2012
First let me seize this opportunity to express my appreciation regarding your fabulous review and glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Xperience Sea Breeze resort.

We read your review with very much delight, that our team could make your stay fantastic and we thank you your comments regarding the team members, food varieties and clean rooms.

Looking forward to welcoming you again at our resort.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,811)
  • Arabic first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2012

We have been to Egypt many times and the staff here are the best we have ever experienced. We stayed at the Sea Breeze from the 26th February until the 11th March. The hotel is not huge, approximately 300 rooms, therefore the staff got to know us and made us feel very special. They gave us some of the best friendly service that we could expect and we travel a lot. On the front beach terrace Samwil and Mohamed and at the main pool area Joseph and Ossama looked after us in terms of sunbeds and drinks. At the Tiran Restaurant we were often greeted by the Assistant Food & Beverages Manager,Tarek Eid Hassan. He seemed to be quite literally everywhere we went for drinks or a meal, by not only keeping and eye on things generally but also very much with an hands-on approach in ensuring that you were being properly being looked after. Also at the Tiran Restaurant, Islam, Hussein, Ali and Mohamed Idriss would always warmly welcome us and ensure that we were properly seated where we wanted and then provide us with drinks throughout the meal. We had a superb meal at the Elements Restaurant with the main course being a Chateaubriand cooked exactly the way we like it by their chef, Islam, fantastic! All in all we had great service from the word go. As far as tipping was concerned, we only started to tip after the first few days of what we considered excellent friendly service and at no stage did any member of staff attempt to tout for tips from us! Another wonderful thing, we did not have any of those horrible "tummy" problems that one tends to have on these type of holidays.

Dear Mr. John and Mrs Rita

I would like to thank you for your comments and we appreciate your valued remarks hope to see you again in the nearest future
Scunthorpe, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2012

I have travelled many places from spain , cuba to usa but being my first trip to egypt i used this site to choose my holiday . I was pleasantly surprised the hotel was Extremely clean and food excellent the staff where fantastic with MOHAMED at zen bar kept us entertained all holiday brilliant guy , SABRI bar man and OSSAMA bar manager at slide pool bar offered an amazing service these guys work there socks off .MUSTAFFA chef was amazing and JOSEPH towel man at slide pool bar what a carrictor .These guys made our holiday and i will never forget them ,All the staff where TOP CLASS and makes these hotel stand out from the rest I will be returning next year.

Manchester, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2012

my husband and i have just returned from a last minute week at the Xperience sea breeze,we booked it based on the great reviews it had and we were definately not dissapointed.
The staff where all very friendly and couldnt do enough for us,i must agree with john a tip did speed up the drinks service, just a dollar changes everything.!!
The food was by far the best all inclusive we have ever had there was something for everyone and the different theme each night where the waiters dressed accordingly was great fun.
Whilst we where there a lady we met from Preston had to be taken to hospital with chest pains and apparantly suffered a heart attack,i believe she is on the mend now and our prayers are still with her and her family,but i just want to commend the hotel in particular George who is 1 of the managers on how they supported the family by trips back and forth to hospital and sending meals to the ladies husband whilst he was at her bed side,i think the kindness of the staff speaks volumes.
On a lighter note the hotel was clean and modern and although grouting in the bathroom wasnt great as someone mentioned...hey who cares??? it was a wonderful holiday,great food,great staff,GREAT HOTEL....see you in October

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Hany T, General Manager at Xperience Sea Breeze Resort, responded to this review, May 7, 2012
We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay and that we achieved our standard of ensuring your holiday to be both relaxing and memorable.

Kindly accept our apology for the delayed reply as your valuable review just appeared on few hours ago.

Once again, we would like to thank you for the time spent to write to us and we really are looking forward to seeing and welcoming you back again at Xperience Sea Breeze Resort.
Bath, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2012

We had a fantastic week at the Sea Breeze Resort. A very friendly hotel with great amenities.
A few minor faults that some people will no doubt winge about:

Food a bit bland (but their catering for people who love spicey, exotic food through to those who like to order from a picture menu when their abroad!)

Some touting of diving and spa products from the staff. Very easliy avoided with a polite but firm "no"

These small anoyances were easily outweighed by the great staff like Charlie the photographer and Mohamed the restaurant manager.

Really cannot understand any comments about poor staff attitude. We tipped two people during the whole week aas we felt that they went the extra mile. The staff we didn't tip were still friendly, helpful and polite. I guess a pleasant attitude and a smile go a long way with those guys?!

Our room was fine, even if the finishes were a bit tired in places. Having stayed in hotels all around the world you just get used to levels of local quality that may not quite be what we are used to.

All things considered and for a cheap week in the sun, we had a great relaxing time and enjoyed our Sea Breeze Xperience.

Dubai
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2012

Arrived at 2am after a VERY hectic delay from Cairo and horrible EXPENSIVE cab ride. Highly suggest direct flight into Sharm and not Cairo and call/email ahead to get the hotel to assist in a taxi or shuttle from airport if possible. Not the hotels fault though. Arrived at 2am and was met by smiling happy individuals. Everyone I met was from Egypt and was like a breath of fresh air from what one experiences in Dubai with subpar service and peanut paid workers. Desk staff was quick and efficient, spoke decent english (more then my arabic ;) so cant fault them at all) and arranged someone to come and collect me quickly enough to be taken to my room. Had a lovely walk down to 1600 block I think it was (third one up from the sea) and during the walk down, was explained how the hotel was ran and set up by Mohammad (one of the many I met as everyone is Mohammad). Arrived in the room, explained how everything works, about the fridge and costs sheet, how the safe worked, and also to a bit of a loud fan to which was told could be moved in the morning but would leave me to sleep. Very thorough fellow. He probly should get a raise as he was overly competent guy who was quite thorough! I never changed room as not a picky sort of person and the fan noise would shut off after a few minutes. If you get 1630, lovely enough view to the sea and nice garden area in front with no pool, so no noise. The room itself was modern and well furnished with everything a normal hotel should have. The tv was large and hard many different channels in many different languages so think everyone could find a few channels to watch. How much tv should a person be watching on vacation ??? Bed was a firm mattress but very nice and slept well. The bathroom shower glass was a bit short and water did seem to get out but being all tile, it soon enough would dry up and no issues. The plug in is a two prong round plug that would not work with my dubai adapter. Hotel gave me a plug to use during my stay after seeing them the first day. Wifi was not free but wasnt horribly expensive. Was quick and worked well once I took my tablet down to have them walk me through how to make it work when I couldnt figure it out myself. I can see why it isnt free as EVERY person would have their phones on and probly be as slow as mallassas. Keep it on a pay rate, imo. Five pools in total, two large pools heated. Those pools of course were the busiest. The bars were active in both. The other pools were not active and no one was manning them or bars running at them. When in high season, probly different. There is no beach as stated, but they have made a sandy area out of the rock sea side area, that they have placed loungers on. Worked and was pleasant to just walk down to clean sand off ones feet. Jetty walks out to edge of a reef that is nice to snorkel in. Isnt a large area so if expecting open range to snorkely at hearts content, might be disapointed. But was quite active reef and seemed to be well cared for, and this coming from a marine aquatics fanatic and a biologist. Towels were supplied daily and turned in nightly by a card system which worked fine. The staff at the beach were always helpful and seemed to dart around to help everyone. I was relaxing and dont tend to drink. After a few talks with the services and staff, they left me be and was not pestered at all during my visits any further days. The AI restaurant is in the main building and is a bit of a trek from the lower rooms that have the better views towards the bottom of the hill/close to the sea. They have a shuttle running up and down if you want to be lazy though. I didnt use so cant comment on how long it took for them to come collect you once you called. The restaurant had quite a few main course choices and nice salads to choose from, live cooking stations nearly nightly and lots of deserts and breads to choose from. I dont drink so cant comment on the alcoholic drinks but the staff made lovely cocktails for me and were quick to keep a drink on my table. Mohammad the restaurant manager was great as was the entire dining staff. Ibrahim (spellings??) was always fast and making sure was happy with what he brought. Really appreciated it. Didnt tip until the end of my stay and do not feel that everyone was hanging on me just wanting a tip. Maybe once they recognized I was american, they knew I would tip well though :) Being a single solo white blonde traveller, didnt leave the hotel as had been warned by my egyptian friends here in Dubai that I would be pestered if went alone. I didnt feel needed to leave though even though I would like to have 'spread' the wealth a bit to the locals outside the resort. But after the taxi experience at the beinning just decided to avoid the issue completely. Absolutly wonderful relaxing stay.

Notes that could use improvement.

Sheets. I didnt have a flat sheet on the bed just a down comforter.

Softner for the towels. They felt like bristle on my skin.

Noise at main pool. I know the animation team is there to get rialed up, but the blasting music maybe is a bit much. Tone it down a few notches.

Neighboring resort to the left as you are looking at the sea. Please someone go over THERE and unplug their speakers. The Xperience team HAS NOTHING on noise pollution compared to those guys.

If you are wanting a relaxing break or a family holiday, then this is a good choice. It isnt a five star resort, but for Egypt, it is lovely. Isnt a huge resort but compact and has more then enough on offer to keep one busy enough for a relaxing holiday.

Hopefully will be back before I leave this part of the world to return back 'home'.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2012

My girlfriend and I stayed at the Seabreeze from the 20th to 27th February having avidly read all the previous reviews we arrived expecting 5 star service and dodgy grouting.

We stayed in Room 1806 which is a Deluxe with sea views across the Red Sea to Tiran Island, waking early on our first morning we witnessed the most beautiful sunrise.

The resort is set on a long but narrow strip of land, consequently only the '1800 Rooms' have proper sea views, those in other blocks will get some sea glimpses.

First impressions of the room were that it was spacious and airy but it is cheaply finished with the sort of fittings that will wear quickly. Drawers were broken, light fittings were loose, the shower floods the whole bathroom floor and the shower screen is falling away from the tray. There is an interconnecting door to the room 1807 and an ill fitting section of foam rubber has been used to fill the gap between the two doors as a cheap attempt at soundproofing. The room was generally clean but the bathroom looked like it could do with a proper scrub but the grouting didn't seem all that bad! The bed however is large and comfortable.

We did get petals on our bed and some towel shapes left for us throughout the week which were nice touches but the towels were rough and the dressing gowns felt like sandpaper, I would have preferred the hotel concentrate more on sorting out details like this.

The service is a really mixed with some very pleasant individuals like Said in the Pool Bar and Mohammed in Zen Bar but some of the staff are just plain rude. The truth about the Seabreeze is that you have to tip if you want a decent level of service. If you don't tip you will get slow and begrudging service but a $1 tip here and there will completely change things! The bar staff seem to dislike you ordering from the bar and try to encourage you to accept table service however you can wait around 45 mins for a refill at busy times if you sit down.

The temperatures were generally in the mid 20's and we sunbathed on the terraces each day, what should have been complete relaxation was disturbed by the excessively loud Euro Pop pumped out of giant speakers from 10am each morning as the hyperactive Animation Team try to energise people into taking part in pool aerobics or yoga. The musical onslaught keeps up all morning with an interlude for lunch but starts up again in the afternoon punctuated with equally loud, rambling and yet indecipherable public announcements during which you might as well give up reading or talking because the whole terrace area becomes dominated by this multi-lingual babble. You will also be approached each day by a procession of people trying to sell you scuba diving or boat trips or tattoos or massages or shaves or rides on banana boats which is to be expected but what you really want is to be approached by someone offering you a drink!…. maybe if i had tipped more this would have been a little more forthcoming.

We met some nice couples out there and encountered hardly any rude Russians, one Scots/Irish couple were good company but they seemed vey bitter with jealousy over their ordinary room compared to the Deluxe surroundings we enjoyed! We had our photo taken professionally by a surly photographer and the end result was pretty ordinary although we enjoyed our daily encounters with Charlie who was always bright and friendly and whose job is to tout for the photos.

The food is quite good in the Tiran Restaurant where there is a different themed food each evening, some of it good but some is not and the deserts are pretty much the same every night. When we stayed at the resort it was only half full but in high season this restaurant will become very overcrowded. Tariq and his staff are friendly and hard working but seem overworked and getting your glass refilled in here can be difficult too. The Elements Restaurant looks very nice but no one eats in here because it is not part of the AI deal so if you do venture down there for an evening meal you may well be eating in there on your own!

We did have a very relaxing week but felt niggled by the entitlement attitude of the staff regarding tips and some peace and quiet whilst sunbathing would have been great! I would return to Sharm but not to the Seabreeze.

Room Tip: Get a room with a sea view in 1800 block but don't pay more than £500 per week for it