“Nearly there.. they try so hard and listen to you !!” 4 of 5 stars

Xperience Sea Breeze Resort
4.5 of 5 Resort   |   Sharks Bay, Sharm El Sheikh 4, Egypt   |
Ranked #12 of 227 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Warrington, United Kingdom
“Nearly there.. they try so hard and listen to you !!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2012

Our 8th time in sharm but the first at sea breeze. Arrived Saturday evening and first impressions were not positive. Our friends and ourselves had groundfloor rooms. The locks on both patio doors were broken and would not lock. Took nearly two hours to be relocated to the floor above ! The dining room service was chaotic and nowhere near that of our favoured kiroseiz..

Next morning chat with the medhotels rep Ahmed paid dividends. Lunch service was better and that evening brought a sea change in service, approachability, hot food and smiles. This continued throughout our stay as guests were greeted by either the executive chef Abou Zeid Own Sad, Tarek Hassan the F+B manager or Ahmed the maitre de. One person I must mention who looked after my cheese needs was chef Hussein , constant smile and positive vibe.

I could go on and on but all would be in the same vein as other reviewers. This hotel and it's staff are trying hard in difficult times both politically for egypt and financially for tourists. I think it deserves to be supported and thoroughly recommend it.

Room Tip: anywhere around 14++ is central and if you do get a ground floor room do check the security
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank mikey7909

Hoffman Estates, Illinois, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2012

I spent 4 nights at this hotel and it was the worst experience I have ever had at a hotel in my life. On the last day of our stay as we were walking out the door to go on an excursion at 4am to Luxor hotel staff surrounded my friend and I and told us to give them more money. They demanded that we pay them $190 or they would physically hold us there. I began to shout for someone to call the police but no member of hotel staff would do so. It was very frightening. One member of the staff even threatened to have me kidnapped. I was recording all of this on my smartphone and will soon be posting the video to youtube.com. I was so scared that I just gave them my credit card and paid just to get out of the hotel. I then contacted the tourism police who said they would investigate. Do not stay at this hotel. I think they may have done this to me because I am a young American and they figured they could take advantage of me (as anyone will figure out very quick in Egypt, Egyptians are experts at taking advantage of people). The hotel staff turned what should have been the trip of my lifetime into a nightmare. Also the hotel is not in a nice area. The pools on the property are freezing. The food is terrible and it is IMPOSSIBLE to get a drink. I only ate a few times because I knew it would just be such a hassle but the food is like cafeteria food. The internet is 9 euros for an hour and it barely works if at all. Took me 20 minutes just to load 1 page. Even though the hotel is new my room smelled, the bathroom door did not shut all the way, and my "sea view" room was actually a horrible view where you could barely see the sea. The sea was over a bunch of buildings on the property. You can not swim at the "beach" either. The hotel was built on a giant hill so you are out of breath everytime you walk to your room or to the lobby. I have no idea how this hotel became number 6 on here but I know this hotel is going down. Whatever you do DO NOT STAY HERE! It is not safe to stay here.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 stars
8 Thank Cameron T
Hany T, General Manager at Xperience Sea Breeze Resort, responded to this review, March 17, 2012
In regards of these comments, we would like to place the FACT as it is:

- Mr. Adam booked a single room by an internet booking.
- Upon check-in at 01:00 AM after midnight, Mr. Adam informed the hotel receptionist that he booked a double room so that the receptionist informed him that he will double check with the reservation department to assure his booking details.
- After the double check we informed Mr. Adam that the regional booking is for a single room NOT a double room and he needs to pay for the extra person.
- Unfortunately Mr. Adam refused to pay the extra charge and he was insisted to ignore all the ways to contact the reception.
- On the check-out day, the hotel security discovered two guests with hand bags at the STAFF GATE early in the morning at 04:00 AM. Security officer asked them for the room number and the reason.
- Mr. Adam told the security for A ROOM NUMBER and told him that they will go on a trip and will COME BACK TO THE HOTEL IN THE EVENING. Security asked them to go through the reception NOT through staff gate.
- The hotel discovered that Mr. Adam told the security officer A WRONG ROOM NUMBER and FALSE REASON.
- Night Manager checked Mr. Adam's room and find it vacant and nothing belongs to guests' in the room and he politely asked Mr. Adam to pay the extra charge as it was the check-out date.
- Mr. Adam refuse to pay the amount and start of shouting and his friend as well.
- Night Manager told that they couldn't check-out until paying the extra charge.
- At the end Mr. Adam managed the matter and decided to pay as they were very late and might miss their flight.
- All the event is documented by our security reports.
- The hotel received an e-mail from Mr. Adam requesting to refund him the extra amount.
- As a gesture of good well, the hotel General Manager agreed to refund him the amount to close the matter. We transferred the amount by bank on March 4th, 2012; to avoid any inconvenience may happen to Mr. Adam.

WE USED OUR RIGHT IN REGARDS OF THIS MATTER TO MAINTAIN XPERIENCE SEA BREEZE REPUTATION.
Southampton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2012

I stayed at this Hotel from the 24th Feb to the 2nd of Mar
This was booked as a special Holiday for my partners 50th Birthday, we arrived at around 6 in the evening having been collected by the Hotel taxi which said the charge was $25 then to find out it would have been about 40 to 60 Egypt pounds if I got the taxi myself from the airport.
Got to reception and booked in then taken out side to be be taken to room, the cases were put in the back of the 2 seater pick up truck that they use to collect laundry and other struff.
So we were cramed in this instead of the little shuttle bus that they would normally use. This was very dissappointing as a first impression (5 star ??? ) .Particularly as my partner had to sit on the centre console (no seat). The driver struggled to change gear as a reult of this.
The room we had was 1710 on the end so you had a bit of a sea view which I paid extra for.
The dressing table in the room was damaged at the sides and none of the drawers on any of the furniture opened properly tile loose on the floor and the room could do with a really good clean. Do I really have to phone to have the soap replenished and toilet paper as well on a couple of occasions.

The food was very good, out side well looked after. Most of the staff looked after you as well but the Zen bar needs to be under better Management there is no Atmosphere in this place what so ever,
the tv is on really lound playing football. When you read the hotels discription on the Hotels web page it is totally different. This bar is run by Mohammed in the evenings, he clearly does not even like the job. He will sit with his jacket on when it is time to close, this is not what I expect from a 5 star Hotel. (the best bit about Zen Bar were the peoiple we met! )
Mohammed in Your Bar is the best server in the whole place he looked after us really well and works very hard to please you.

Hotel needs more evening entertainment
would I go there again? No is the answer (oh and what happened to the Birthday cake Mr George Fawzi you promised ) I have marked the service as very good bt not from Zen Bar

• 2 of 5 stars
3 Thank steve l
Hany T, General Manager at Xperience Sea Breeze Resort, responded to this review, March 28, 2012
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at xperience sea Breeze Resort.

Your positive comments are highly appreciated. Also we do apologize that you felt the hotel did not meet your expectations. It is also a helpful tool to measure the level of service.

Once again, we would like to thank you for the time spent to write to us and we really are looking forward to seeing and welcoming you back again.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2012

We spent 10 days here and couldn't fault the service at any point during that time. From arrival with the luggage, through reception, housekeeping, bar staff, restaurant staff and entertaiment team - everyone was polite, friendly and helpful.

We were in room 1411 which is an excellent place to be. Halfway between Reception area and the sea, and as it is on the end of the block, you get sea views.
The room was very clean, good powerful shower (that doesn't overflow into the bathroom per some earlier reviews). The beds are exceptionally comfortable (think Marriot hotel beds), with good quiet aircon.

The entertainment team were good without being too pushy. There were plenty of different pools so no one should complain about the noise as there are alternative places to go if you want total peace. The one slight disapointment was the evening entertainment which was also run by the same entertainment team. e.g. a bingo session would be a nice pre-cursor to a show, but not as the main event itself.

The food was excellent - best variety I have ever seen at an all-inclusive. Normally you think it's great on the first night, then you get the same stuff every other night. Not the case at Xperience - there was a different theme every night, and the waiting staff dressed accordingly.

Lots of different nationalities stayed here - which was a refreshing change from staying at hotels which are dominated by one language. I have stayed in Egypt on a number of occasions and have previously found the Russian guests to be rude as they have an aversion to queueing, but as there are always plenty of staff at xperience, and the waiters often come to you, this was completely avoided - thus htere was always a great friendly atmosphere.

Many congratulations to the hotel management for creating an experience that makes a good hotel great. To put a relatively small hotel, without a beach area, in an average location, into the 6th best hotel out of 225 in Sharm says it all.

Thanks for a great stay!

4 Thank sizzler16
Hany T, General Manager at Xperience Sea Breeze Resort, responded to this review, May 7, 2012
We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay and that we achieved our standard of ensuring your holiday to be both relaxing and memorable.

Kindly accept our apology for the delayed reply as your valuable review just appeared on few hours ago.

Once again, we would like to thank you for the time spent to write to us and we really are looking forward to seeing and welcoming you back again at Xperience Sea Breeze Resort.
Blantyre / Glasgow
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2012

My wife and I had a great 3 week holiday in the Xperience Sea Breeze Hotel from 6th -27th February 2012, and now we can’t wait to return. this was our fifth visit to Egypt and Sharm El Sheik area, I know first impressions are so important and I know most journeys to Egypt are stressful after working through the bureaucracy at Sharrm El Sheik airport, that taken aside its just great customer service when you are greeted with a smile by the first person you meet at the hotel, Mohammed Ali yes a name easily remembered, he is one of the luggage guys who took us to the reception area to book in, this was easy and hassle free and at the same time a soft drink was delivered from the bar, all of this just happening like it should as part of the welcoming service of the hotel.
When you arrive at many resorts and hotels you are often just given a room number and the key and then sent of in the general direction to find it but Mohammed Ali took us to our room and gave us a guided tour of the area from the reception to our block of rooms. He explained how the key card opened the door to our room and how it was then used to work the lights and electricity in the slot as you entered, he informed us how to operate and set the wall safe and explained that our luggage would be delivered in 15 minutes and we where not to worry and just get settled into the room. Great start and it just got better as the 3 weeks progressed.
The next morning a young man named Emad appeared with two beach towels for us and said he would bring me them every day as he thought I had walking difficulties, he must have got this information from the hotel booking information as I requested a low level floor due to having two knee replacements in the last year, again I have got to say what great customer service as he delivered the towels on a daily basis often with a extra towels made into swans or love hearts very nice touch.
I do not want to bore you good people with the daily events of the great service we received during our holiday but if you need more information just drop me a note and I will respond to it as soon as I can.
Some comments on other individuals
Tarek Eid Hassan
The man was everywhere ensuring his people where looking after the customers of the hotel and was he not slow to jump in and help at the bar and restaurants and the pool bars.
Boah the executive chef
He was on duty every day for the 3 weeks, he was at the Tiran restaurant at every meal time ensuring food supply to guest up to standard and then checking with all the chefs in the poolside food prep areas every day, he always had a smile for the guest of the hotel speaking excellent English.
George Fawzy Fahim
His people at the front desk are brilliant speaking many languages and dealing with customer problems most of which they could deal with themselves and the arrivals process was excellent.
Reda our cleaner
During our stay he cleaned from 8am-6pm and sometimes later he did this for 7 days and every day he made the bed or gave us towel art of love hearts, monkey and even an elephant and supplied us daily with 1.5ltr bottles of water.
The Guys in YOUR bar
Great team Adel the head bar man trained in London is special , what a memory he has your drink was being poured before you reached the bar.
The Guys in ELLEMENTS restaurant
Mohammed the service was that bit extra as you know it would have to be, extra payment in this restaurant but drinks are as per all inclusive.
Other guests
Many of the trip advisor reviews have mentioned the behaviour of the Russians guests the hotel is a geared up for them with a Russian entertainment team and a guest relations lady so this is why its so popular with Russian clients.
The hotel is truly an international hotel with Swiss, Dutch, French, German and UK guest all catered for as well as the many Egyptian guest. I have been in many hotels where the majority of guest are from the UK and the rest of the guest are from other countries, so in this occasion the UK guest are in the minority for now but this may change in the future depending on demand, regardless I hope the team at Xperience Sea Breeze hotel can keep up the high standards of customer service.
Many Thanks,
And a special thanks to Emad
Joe and Kate, Scottish couple

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
9 Thank joemcaree

Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2012

Stayed at this hotel 9th to 23rd Feb and had a brilliant holiday. Rooms good and food also good but best of all the staff who could not do enough. They were really friendly and we were sad to leave them. Mohammed and Ibrahim in the Tiran restaurant were so friendly and helpful. Said at the pool bar and Mohammed at the beach bar were both hard workers and such nice people. We have to mention Joseph on the beach towels and Mohammed (smiler) in the Zen cafe. The animation team were brilliant and so friendly especially Dennis and Gleb. I really enjoyed the stretching, yoga and aqua arobics! Alex the hairdresser felt like a friend when we left. Just too many to mention. Other comments re. shower and grout are true but are not important in relation the the holiday and if you are a walker there is not really anywhere to walk. The hotel pier is right on a coral reef so its very good for snorkeling. Would definitely go back.

Manchester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2012

Food good. Staff very friendly and helpful. Accommodation front line rooms great have extra space and good views essential if staying for two weeks. Bit of a hike from sea to hotel reception - all uphill. Don't go here if have mobility problems. Only real disappointment was when they tried to charge us for two glasses of red wine when we were waiting in reception for transfer to airport. Bit of a cheek when we had just left restaurant where the wine was included.
Something about having to pay because we had checked out. We didn't pay as the coach had just arrived. Oh and the white wine is undrinkable. The Russians (of which there were many) seemed to get by on copious amounts of vodka and coke.

3 Thank Gilliano50
Thank you for the time you have taken to write about Xperience Sea Breeze Resort.

Please accept our apologize for the inconvenience happened. Kindly note that an immediate action has been taken to ensure all our valuable guests recieve the hightest standard of service.

We are looking forward to welcoming you again, hopefully in the nearest future.