“What a fantastic place” 5 of 5 stars

Warrington, United Kingdom
“What a fantastic place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2011

Stay date: 13 November for 10 days

My wife and I have just returned from a wonderful stay at the Xperience Sea Breeze hotel. As always I will try my best to give you an honest and unbiased opinion as to how I found things during my stay.

I really don’t need to tell any of you how important it is to have some prior knowledge and inside information about the hotel you are planning to stay in before making that big decision and making that final choice of accommodation. I know some of you just want somewhere to lay your head at night while having a great time during the day but if you’re like our family accommodation and room is top of the list when holidaying abroad and especially in Egypt.

Let me start by saying that this hotel is a new build only opening its doors to the public at the beginning of October this year. The management and staff are still in the very early stages of trying their best to make this hotel a truly 5 star experience and are still very much in the proceeds of gathering guest opinions and suggestions to further improve the experience of your stay and for getting it right for future guests.

The hotel complex is not as big and sprawling as others in the area such as Sultan Gardens (where we stayed last year) and Sea Magic; both are located on either side of this hotel. All the rooms on the complex are built to a high standard and are nicely decorated. There are a number of deluxe rooms available which are fitted with a small Jacuzzi in the bathroom and appear to be slightly larger than the normal rooms.

All rooms are provided with tea and coffee making facilities, tea, coffee, sugar and powdered milk is replenished on a daily basis along with a litre bottle of fresh water, if you require fresh milk it is available to buy on site for approx £1.30 a litre. You also have a mini fridge in your room so you can keep your milk cold along with other drinks. Soft drinks are provided in your fridge at a premium.

All the deluxe rooms are situated above the al la carte restaurant called Elements and the Zen Bar which overlook the main pool, all have full sea view. This block is known as the 1800 block. We stayed in room 1817 which was an end room on the top level which had fantastic views of the pool, sea, surrounding area and Tiran Island. The only small niggle I found with the room was the finishing in the bathroom, Grout staining on the floor and the touching up around the bath with sealant appeared to be a little rushed due to the hotel opening on time for the winter period, the rest of the room was lovely, well furnished and decorated with a very comfortable bed and great bedding and pillow materials, the main feature being the massive flat screen TV showing a variety of foreign channels and a few in English ones to boot with some very up to date blockbuster films being shown

The al la carte restaurant that I mentioned is open for all inclusive snacks from 12:30 till late afternoon and serves really good food from a varied menu. In my opinion the menu should be extended with more options to choose from. The management and waiter service in both these places is excellent

The main all inclusive Tiran restaurant is located above the reception area and once again it is nicely decorated with a good lay out of table space and food area. In my opinion the food choice is limited for the British compared to other all inclusive hotels I have stayed in Egypt but the food is cooked very well and is tasty, maybe this is an area that management could look at. I have noticed not only in this hotel but in others in Sharm El Sheikh that the British menu tends to get overlooked in favor of mainly western European tastes although I do accept that each night the restaurant had a country menu theme night and that they tried to cater for everyone. It may go down well for the management team if the British guests are catered for more appropriately. Breakfast time is a bit of a problem for the British, again the choice is very limited but there is an omelet station to the side and the chef will cook you fresh eggs, omelet’s to your taste.

My wife and I skipped breakfast on most mornings opting for a more varied lunch at the Elements Restaurant. I accept the argument that “don’t expect the typical full English breakfast when you’re in Egypt and don’t expect your steak and chips, fish and chips etc”. But when you look at other guests from other countries getting what they want in the food department then ask yourself why can’t we get a bit of British when we want it?. I’m quite sure other guests from other countries wouldn’t mind a bit of British as well. I’m also quite sure that the chef if asked would have tried his best to cook you anything you wanted but us Brits tend not to make a fuss and go along with the flow.

The entertainment aspect of the hotel is varied. The hotel puts on live shows every night which are staged in a small outside area near reception; some of the shows are performed by people from outside the hotel who probably perform on the Sharm hotel circuit

Other nights the really great animation team do their bit by doing dances, quizzes etc. and throughout the day the animation team can be seen everywhere, all of them doing a really fantastic job.

.Around the main pool the animation team make them selves known to everyone and make every guest feel special with their warm and genuine intent, they will do anything for you. They arrange nights out to shows and discos and they go along with you for the ride keeping you all safe and sound. I can’t speak highly enough of them as each and every one of them is special. If you do decide to go to the hotel watch out for the BUMBA dance after aqua gym in the morning at the main pool.

The recreation team is also a special bunch of people, these are the guys who look after the guests while sun bathing around the pools or on the beach area, and again they are very special and courteous and will do anything to help you. They make every effort to make the guests feel special; they look out for you and if you want anything they will do there best to accommodate your request, they all work very hard and do a fantastic job...

I could go on and on about this hotel but I won’t I just hope ive painted a true picture of how it really was for us. We had a great time here and can highly recommend this hotel as being one of the best in Sharm.

We made one complaint to management during our stay which I might add had nothing to do with the running of the hotel. It was on our last night, we were woken up 3 times 3:30 4:30 and 5 am by a group of drunken Russian guys who took it upon themselves to cause havoc by shouting and banging on another Russian guests room next to ours ., Management informed us that they had had several other complaints about the behavior of Russian guests . They informed us that they had spoken to the Russian people concerned and told them that if they received one more complaint they would be evicted from the hotel. I believe they meant it. We don’t know if they had any more complaints, lets hope not for there sake and for other guests trying to enjoy there holidays

I would like to finish by thanking the following people for making our time at the Xperince Sea Breeze so special.

Reception: All with special thanks to: Hany, Michele and Behmen

Animation Team: You all did a fantastic job but special thanks to: Oleg. Joseph, Mido. Svetlana, Aisa Naisa (not sure about the spelling but you all know who you are)

Recreation Team you were all fantastic but special thanks to: Joseph and Steven

Bar Staff: You were all fantastic but special thanks to: Osama and Eissa

Waiters: you were all fantastic but special thanks to: Mohammed and Amir

Cleaners: All of you were very professional and did a fantastic job

Finally: Would I come back, what do you think?

Room Tip: Block 1800 deluxe rooms
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,912)
  • Arabic first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Manningtree, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2011

The hotel had only been open a month and we had a few teething problems with the electrics in our room and various little things here and there throughout our stay BUT do not let this put you off. A quick call to reception and every little bug bear was fixed within the hour to the point where they moved us so we could have a sea view to see how rough the diving would be that day. If you see Nadhil cleaning your room then say hello as he loves to practice his English and the towel monsters were fantastic, I had never had an elephant one before.
The reception staff were just brilliant, really helpful and friendly. A big thank you to Behmen, Hany and Mina. You guys really made our stay and we hope to be back - enshallah!
The food was excellent, with a different selection every night for the 2 weeks there was always something tasty to eat even if personal preferences didn't like it all (I however very much did) and the desserts are to die for. Don't let the scales in the bathroom put you off, they were very handy for weighing your luggage and the walk to the sea and back ensured you didn't put on too much weight.
The waiters are under so much pressure but cope amazingly well and always with a friendly smile. Thank you Tarek and your team (Mahmoud, Ibrahim, Ayman- amazing ice cream,Malek-great pizza and the lovely Amir aka Siad if he had the wrong name badge on) you always made us feel so welcome especially when you were fully booked. I do agree with previous comments about turning the Elements Restaurant to be part of the all inclusive as it was mainly empty and Tiran could get busy.
The reef from the jetty is just fantastic and the hours disappear looking at all the varieties of fish, lionfish, masked puffers, cornetfish, giant morays, scribble tilefish and eagle rays along with the usual array. We spent most of our time scuba diving on different sites but saw just as much there. I really hope it stays that good. Don't be afraid to report to the hotel reception if staff or customers throw litter or try and feed the fish, they all want the reef to stay as it is but can't keep an eye on it all the time.
Also if you are going on a scuba diving holiday then this hotel was great as they provided a very filling lunch and drinks which saved us a lot of money.
Entertainment was very good with the professional acts that came in, the animation team were good and not pushy but always friendly, the majority were from Ukraine so it was nice to speak to different cultures throughout the hotel.
I'm trying to think of any faults but any problems we had were sorted so quickly they really weren't an issue, I would advise taking sandals with grips as it can get a bit slippy on the marble.
So if your are thinking about going then take your snorkel and mask and have a fantastic time with great food and great company. Oh, and you will have the best sleep ever, the beds and sheets were very hard to get out of. We are hoping to get back very soon.

Room Tip: Room 1455 has a sea view from the corner so you can watch the boats go by.
Schijndel, Noord-Brabant, Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2011

This is a fearly new hotel with beautiful under water wildlife at its own private beach. Staff is very friendly (amir at pool bar!) if you are polite they Will do anything for you and they appriciate a Nice tip. Rooms are Nice. Food is oké. Amir is THE best and Amir is good to all THE guest.

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2011

My husband and I stayed at the resort from 6 - 13th November. Bit disappointed to start with as the room view I had asked for didn't materialise - no worries though as we were moved 2 nights later to a room on the top floor of block 16 which had a fabulous view over to Tiran Island. All the staff were very friendly and the food excellent too with plenty choices. Especially enjoyed our late afternoon cocktails prepared by Amir and Ahmed in the Zen Bar. Amir enjoyed learning and practising British phrases such as "Gawd Blimey Mate"!! and "Much obliged"!...hilarious! Did some scuba diving arranged by Adam at the Diving Centre - our dive master Alli was brilliant and we thoroughly enjoyed our dives at Tiran Island and Ras Mohammed Nature Reserve - 1st trip was a bit rough as the swell was up and our boat conked out 3 times!! but we still had a great time :-) G and T from Scotland

Telford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2011

We only booked the hotel the day before we travelled and our decision to choose this hotel was based on trip advisor as it had good reviews as it only been open for two weeks. From the minute we arrived the service was excellent, the reception staff, particularly Michele, were friendly, warm and welcoming. We specifically booked a sea view room however upon arrival were slightly disappointed as the room overlooked an air conditioning unit. We went back to reception to see if we could change it and Michele was extremely helpful and provided us with another room overlooking the pool. We found the hotel to have excellent facilities, 5 different pools catering for all ages, three heated, one with slide/flume and swim up bar (with an excellent bar man Eissa). There were plenty of sunbeds both by the pools and also by the sea. Although it doesn't have own beach it has a private jetty which is absolutely brilliant for snorkelling from and has plenty of sunbeds on different levels. The food was very good with plenty to choose from and in the main restaurant there was a different theme each night, ie Greek, Italian, Oriental, Tex Mex, Indian, Sea food etc. There were two al la carte restaurants, Elements and Zen Bar and also the pool side bars providing very tasty snacks, we could not fault the variety of food or the alcoholic drinks. We had a "romantic meal" on the jetty one evening to celebrate my wife's birthday. It was an additional cost but it was absolutely amazing, the setting, the personal service from "Mohammed" the standard and presentation of the food were absolutely amazing, well worth every penny. The bedrooms were nice and clean, we came back to different towel sculptures most days (fantastic little dog, birds, swans etc) however a little more attention to the finishing touches could have been made, the grouting looks a little rough in places and the plastic corners on the pictures were still in tact, maybe a little rushed to get it opened, but a minor complaint really. The animation team were brilliant, although mainly from Ukraine, they did a fantastic job of mingling with guests and trying to encourage participation in activities, they always took time to talk to us, which was nice. I would say that it is not ideal for people with walking difficulties as it is on a bit of a slope and requires uphill walking to the main reception/restaurant areas although there is a courtesy bus which rides round the complex frequently. A tip if you need currency changing, we were advised to go next door to the Sultan Gardens hotel whereby they had a cash machine which changed money into local currency. We went on a boat trip and can recommend as the snorkelling was amazing. We went on the free shuttle bus into Naama Bay, the local shopping area, howeve we found it to be very "pushy" by the locals and at times, quite intimidating, but that was our view.
Extra special thanks to :)
Michele and Behmen on reception - both helpful and friendly
Eissa - the swiming pool barman - absolutely fantastic - best barman ever with his amazing drinks and tricks and always a big happy smile :)
Mohammed - for the amazing romantic meal, the excellent personal and genuine service, definitely made a special night to remember
Seyed - the barman on the terrace who constantly replenished our glasses with amazing cocktails
Nabil - for cleaining the room and for the amazing towel sculptures
Ali - in the Tiran restaurant - always there with a big smile and to make sure everything was perfect
These names are to mention but a few, the staff were all extremely helpful, friendly and only too willing to make our holiday very special. We will definitely be visiting again next year and can definitely recommend this hotel for both value for money and excellent service.

Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2011

Sayed here from the 7th to the 14th of November.The hotel is just over a month old and the rooms,staff,quality of food are first class.I was impressed with the size of the luxury rooms, and the one we had with a sea view was truely awesome.
As with all new venues there are some teething problems, particularly clearing of tables at busy times in the Tiran restaurant.Once seated though the food is of a very high standard and you have no fears of any upset tummys.
The staff are very helpful.Amir and Mohamed in the elements bar and restaurant are fantastic and help to make a memorable holiday.
The team in the Tiran restaurant led by Abou are very eager to please, even making me a special curry because I was out on a trip and missed the curry night.A very welcome surprise.
I will certainly return to Egypt soon and will be booking this hotel again very soon.
Top Marks to all at the Sea Breeze for making our holiday memorable

Room Tip: Rooms in block 1800 all have excellent sea views
Ayrshire, scotland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2011

Had a very nice stay and very happy with standards of the Hotel and the staff.
Booked independently and received very good standards of service from the moment of arrival.
Reception Staff were were extremely courteous and willing to help with any requests to make our stay run smoothly. We arrived late afternooon due to our luggage going missing(nothing to do with Hotel) but the Staff were willing to help communicate on our behalf via telephone to the airport.
We were allowed to order something to eat, freshly cooked to order from the Elements Bar ( even after serving time had ended) as we had a few hours to wait before evening dinner. This was welcomed as we had been travelling from another part of Egypt.

The Hotel is fairly new so the decor, furnishings etc are all of a good standard. Beds very comfortable.
As previously said, the tea and coffee making facilities in the room is welcomed as it is not the norm to have this in an All Inclusive hotel. Sachets of Nescafe provided for in rooms and at snack area in Bar off Reception.
Rooms are situated away from main Building which houses the dinning/bar/min shops/Reception with rooms and pool areas and sun terrace areas towards Sea. A shuttle bus runs up and down this area as it is a reasonable distance to walk and may be a challenge in the heat or with those who have walking difficulties. However, given the standard of service from the Staff, I'm sure any requests for assistance would be accommodated.

this is not a huge sprawling resort like some All Inc Resorts but carefully thought out and has areas to accommodate all guests and have quiet pool areas without loud or activities if you just wwant to have a bit of quiet time.
There is a gym and also a Spa area. Not over priced but again, discounts are given especially if you want to have one or two treatments. Staff are very professional and pleasant.
Choice and standard of food was very good and there was a varied theme every night. Again, mealtimes were busy but my experience was that staff were working as fast as they could to cope with the demand. Could maybe have benefited from a few more staff to help with unanticipated busy periods.
A La Carte option was a chargeable extra but this is stated on the information leaflet and main website, as is any other extras.
Snacks were available at midnight, assorted bread and sandwiches and cheese in main bar. Again staff on hand to deal with any requests.
All in all, the Hotel does provide very good service and I would definately recommend it to anyone.
Will definately return.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Xperience Sea Breeze Resort? Share your experiences!