“3 Hour Desert Tour” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #43 of 279 Activities in Sharm El Sheikh
More attraction details
Owner description: Guided Desert Tours by Motorbikes from 2hours Trip up to 5days in the Sinai Peninsula - departures from Sharm el Sheikh. KTM 450 EXC 2010/11 available.
Braintree, United Kingdom
“3 Hour Desert Tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

I found this tour via a Google search and then found a number of trip advisor reviews also. After a few emails with KTM Egypt I booked myself onto the 3 hour desert trip. KTM Egypt (Ossam) picked me up from my hotel at 7am prompt and took me to the KTM centre. Here I met my instructor and tour guide (Mohammed). After a quick change into the protective gear provided by KTM Egypt including trousers, shirt, protective vest, knee pads, elbow pads, gloves, helmet and goggles Mohammed and I headed out to the test track to assess my ability. Having ridden off-road before, although largely in the UKs finest mud, the instruction given by Mohammed for sand riding was excellent. After a lap following Mohammed I was set off on my own around the test track until comfortable with the bike, a KTM 450EXC, and the surface. Next onto much softer sand for a simialr session. After about 15 minutes and with Mohammed happy I knew what I was doing we were off into the desert.

Once away from the main tracks the scenery in the Sinai is incredible, a very mountainous desert with a few acacia trees make for some great photo opportunities. Mohammed knows the tracks in the area very well and mixes things up with some long straight runs and some more technical trails.

My tour cost around 115 pounds sterling including the hire of the equipment, bike and transfers to and from the venue. I thought this was great value and I would recommend the trip.

Visited October 2012

Llandudno, United Kingdom
“Best time ever!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

I just got back from Sharm and while there i booked a three hour trip too. Everything other reviewers have said on here are true. I had a great time. Mohammed was my guide and very helpful. The bikes are in real good nick and kept that way. What a way to see the sinai that you wouldnt usually see. Loved every minute. My trip started so early i was back at the hotel in time for breakfast too!!!

Visited September 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
5 attraction reviews
“Awesome Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

I booked a three hour trip. The guys are very serious about safety and test your abilities in a test track before going to the desert. The bikes are in good condition. Our guide Karam was very helpful. Beware KTM 450 is a high bike with a 39 inch seat height so if you are not familiar with off road riding I strongly recommend you to arrange a training session in the test track before going to the desert. Once you get familiar with the bike and the track, riding in the Sinai desert becomes an awesome experience. I wish I had time to arrange a longer tour. If you have a non-rider company they offer buggies. So you don't need to fall apart.

Visited August 2012
derbyshire
“polaris buggy tour 3.5 hours”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

great tour, helpful guide, def. better than the cheaper usual tours offered by other companies. Buggys in good condition, much better than a cheap quad tour which only last 1 1/2 hours with other companies. Mohammed is really helpful, we booked the tour from the uk and had no problems with this, he kept in touch regulary and we had no problem transfering money for the tour in advance from the uk. A bit hot for the poor buggies at 40oc! but overall a good morning.
We would def. book again with them no hesitation.

Visited July 2012
Great Brington, United Kingdom
“AMAZING”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

this is the best trip i have ever done. dont book the lousy thomson tours because they are slow and boring. paid 1200 egyptian pounds, got picked up from the hotel and taken to ktm centre. mohammed gave great advice and tuition. i ride on the road but never off road. the bikes are 2011 ktm450s. i was sore for a couple of days after, partly because i got flung over the handle bars after turning into deep sand, all part of the fun tho. i would definately do it again.

Visited July 2012