“Lovely hotel, not quite 5 star but I'd visit again” 4 of 5 stars

Iberotel Il Mercato
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Hadabet Om El Seed, Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt   |
Ranked #38 of 226 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Lovely hotel, not quite 5 star but I'd visit again”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

I travelled with my partner and son for a relaxing/diving holiday
On arrival we made it just in time to get dinner but were short of some bedding and there were only two towels in the room. We asked at reception for more and they were to be delivered. This was about 9.30pm. There was paint and plaster on the floor of the room where someone had obviously been re-doing the skirting boards and forgotten to clean up. Not really a big issue.

At about 10.15pm someone arrived with packed dinners?? I explained that we had eaten but could he chase up the bedding as it was getting late and we wanted to sleep. At 11pm I decided that it wasn't going to arrive so had a shower. On walking out of the bathroom, towel in hand the door opened unexpectedly (yes very bad timing) and a member of staff as well as two newly arrived female guests stood there looking rather confused while I hastily covered up my dignity. I thought either my luck was in or someone had got their room mixed up. The bedding and towels did not ever arrive.
After the first night everything went very well and smoothly. The room was lovely, shower and water were lovely, clenliness excellent, pools excellent, staff very friendly and helpfull. The food was very very good with plenty of choice and better than many buffet style places I've visited.
Bad points...
Minibar in room is not included in the "all inclusive" not even water so go to the store across the road and buy your own (19p per bottle)
Smoking ruined any activity in the hotel lobby as well as on the roof top. This would put me off returning to this hotel.
Not very much for children to do.
Anything alcoholic was disgusting and 50/50 alcohol to mixer ratio is just not pleasant to drink for anyone sensible. I'm not a big drinker anyway so not much of an issue.
Free Wi Fi soulds great but hardly ever worked in the week we stayed. I managed to get online before 7am but at other times I could log in but every page I tried to load just timed out.
There were far more good points than bad and so I do recommend this hotel and did enjoy the stay. Thank you mostly to the staff for the friendly (no hassle) attitude and also the quiet room.

Room Tip: I was in 4208 perfect in my opinion
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,222)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

Our holiday started as soon as left home for the Airport on the 4th April until the 17th April 2014 as this was our first visit to Egypt my wife was a bit worried. But after our first night in the hotel she became relaxed the staff are very welcoming and polite, they will do everything to please you I must say this is fantastic hotel. The food was very good and lots of choice a I have a big storage tank, I must a special mention to some of the staff as they made our holiday such a success.
Ramadan our room cleaner (1206)
Aldo and his team from (Mr Hotel Mr Andy)
All the bar staff on the roof top bar
Yasser Moustafa Ahmed Salah well done first class service nothing to much trouble
Anyone visiting this hotel should not be disappointed everything for everyone

Many Thanks again to All should be proud of yourselfs

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

We visited the Iberotel Il Mercato from the 4th to 17th April and were not disappointed at all. The hotel is immaculate and our room was well appointed. We were in a superior room (1201) overlooking the ground floor pool. The staff are all fantastic and cannot do enough for you, with special mentions for Ramadan who kept our room immaculate and kept our seven year old son amused with the various towel sculptures. Also Hassan and his team were great in the rooftop bar and Yasser was always available in the lobby bar. The animation team were always lively with Aldo, Gee and the lovely Katya always doing their best to entertain. The food in the restaurant is varied and of a decent quality, but not a fantastic choice for kids, who tended to live off pasta for a fortnight! The hotel is situated within a shopping complex where most of the necessities are available, but to be honest we were a little bit remote if you like to get out in the evenings, but a hotel taxi to the nightlife in Naama Bay is only 60 egyptian pounds (£5) for a return trip. The 2 beaches available to the hotel are both around ten minutes away in the shuttle bus with one being a shallow sandy beach and the other a sheer reef with fantastic snorkeling.
Over all we had a great time and would definitely not rule out a return visit.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Rotherham, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

Stayed for ten days at this hotel arriving home on Thursday 17th april,I heavily researched lots of hotels before booking having stayed in sharm 5 times previous I chose this hotel based mainly on trip advisor reviews. having stayed here I find it hard to really understand how many great reviews the hotel receives , don't get me wrong it's an OK hotel but 5 star........ No way.
The hotel is so isolated with nothing around it just a very rough area you can't walk around without hassle ,it has a shopping area joined onto the hotel but it's about a third finished with loads of empty units and once you've walked around it once that's it there's nothing else to do ,the hotel really needs a shuttle bus into naama bay like the other hotels I've stayed in around this area ,this is a massive negative, if you just want to spend your whole holiday sunbathing around the pools it's fine but even doing this beware of constant hassle from the hotel spa staff, very annoying ,even when trying to sleep they will wake you and bug you to spend cash in the spa I am ashamed to say they managed to wear myself and wife down and we spent money there for poor quality treatments and even when you have given in and had a treatment they don't leave you alone, they are constantly back bugging you for more, a real downer.
Food is bland I lived on cereal and toast at breakfast and pasta at other meal times, to be fair my wife did find more choice but very limited we ventured into naama bay to eat quite often for a change but as I said earlier no shuttle bus so this meant paying for taxis.
There is a free bus to the 2 beaches ,reef beach and turquoise beach both nice great snorkeling at the reef beach but surely a free bus into naama bay for a change of scenery is something this hotel has got to consider in my opinion.
Our room was a superior and nice not 5 star but nice. The best thing about this hotel is the staff (apart from spa), our room guy Said Wafiek was a top guy I cannot speak highly enough about him and in the restaurant Mohammed Atef and others were top notch ,but unfortunately great staff just isn't enough for me to recommend this hotel to others and don't feel I would stay here again myself without major issues being tackled.

Room Tip: We stayed in a superior room close to reception etc Best location but noisy at night so beware if yo...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014 via mobile

What a fantastic place, I instantly fell in love with the Egyptian people so friendly with excellent service , I have been all over the world this place definitely takes first place , the rooms are lovely and kept clean everyday by excellent staff ,the food is excellent with a large choice ,
The animation team lead by Aldo was brilliant I haven't laughed so much in years ,thanks guys .
There is so much to do and very cheap .
All the staff from the hotel were top notch , Hi Hisham,Sasha,Mohammed,Ahmed,just to name a few.
There is absolutely NO danger in this place , I felt very safe and secure .
We will definitely be returning in the near future ,
If you go say Hi from Peter and Rikki

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

I went with two great friends the hotel was only twenty minutes from the airport from the moment we got there we where well look after. the service was second to none from the bar staff, pool staff, our waiter was great he saw where we sat and when we got back to our table our drinks where all ready there, the spa was very good but do not to get to get the price done more of you the better. the local shops have a no hassle signs and they keep to it I recommend a shop called art time in the street the hotel is in it is owned by a man called john wadie, also the three gift shops under part of the hotel. at the back of the hotel, there is a pub called the half crown well worth going to if you want a sunday roast it is under £3 also the beer is a good price. our trips to naapa bay also to soho square we went to by cabs run from the hotel they where great prices you will shocked so cheap, on time to pick us up and you pay after the return trip also honest my friend dropped money when paying him and he rushed in to the hotel to give back to him all I can say he well done. to all the staff thank you for looking after us so well, I have not named anyone because you all are five star. the only thing I say is spay your self against insects at night is the worst time.to all of you at the hotel well done. to the security staff who I nearly forgot thank you for help on the gates saving us time to get to the shops letting us back in and your friendliness everyday.

Room Tip: if you get a room down from the main hotel do not worry there is always bugs about to run you around...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Ramsgate, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

I travelled with my wife Kate and Son George for 10 days at this superb Hotel, upon arrival we was taken via golf buggy a short distance to our room which on first impression was a little basic with no balcony which was a little disappointing but by the next day this was soon forgotten as we walked around the hotels vast grounds visited the four pools and spa and met some wonderful staff i realised that the time spent in room would just be for sleeping which was very comfortable.
The Staff from cleaner to management were superb, food was good and again the waiters just so helpful and always had time for you but my Biggest Praise/thanks goes to the Animation Team in particular Katya,Gaynor & Tina these Girls were fantastic throughout they worked so hard to insure everyone was involved no matter where you came from and always had a smile to greet you early morning or late at night and they was able bring different nationalities together as one.
They really made this holiday very special i usually have three holidays a year this was the first time to Egypt i will be returning this year and it could only be this Hotel that i stay.
Once again thank you so much. swells896@aol.com

Room Tip: You could ask for rooms nearer reception if you do not like a 7-8 min walk but your on holiday there...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Been to Iberotel Il Mercato? Share your experiences!