I can't give a good enough review on this hotel. My daughter and I arrived on Jan 19 to celebrate her birthday. Our plan was to relax in the sun for a week. Upon arrival we were welcomed with some peach ice tea and very welcoming staff. The dinner buffet changed every evening and we always found something to eat which we thoroughly enjoyed. If you fancy a change there are other places to eat on the site like Macy's ds, KFC,hardeys, Onions steak resturant, a fish resturant, and a Chinese.
There is also a French resturant called Charlston which seemed popular.we like to chill by the pool most days which we loved, they is some animation activities to get involved with if you wish to. We had a laugh playing darts with Kamo, who was lovely and even helped us do some watch shopping. Our room was in block 4 which was 1 min walk from reception where we had to go out the back exit to get to. On the fifth day of our holiday I had an accident and slipped on the bottom step, dislocated and fractured my ankle. The night duty manager Mr Hamed called an ambulance and stayed with me and my daughter for ages in the hospital till he was sure all was ok, he also arranged for transport for my daughter and I to get to and from the hospital.i spent 5 days in the South Sini private hospital then I was transferred to the care of the hotel.
Firstly they gave us another room where I could use my wheelchair, then I was spoilt rotten for a further seven days. Nothing was too much trouble, even when I felt a bit down someone was on hand to cheer me up. Ahmed my crazy and excellent barman regularly took me for a spin around reception. Must give a special mention to some of the staff:Ayman Fawzy, who looked after us at meal times, Mohamed Salah- top barman always smiling, Ibrahim, Ahmed, Hossam who worked at the hotel bars are all lovely people and went out of their way to look after everyone.i also would like to mention Ahmed and Mekky part of the management team who arranged everything with ease for my stay.
Susie the guest relations lady was fab, she arranged for a birthday cake to be delivered to our room on my daughters birthday, and would always come and sit and talk to you to see how she could be of any help.
If you a looking for a great place to stay with no hassle then visit Il Mercato, look for Hany from ETS he will look after you for trips and advice.
I for one will be returning in the future so I can visit a few more places in sharm, but mainly I will be back due to the fantastic staff.
- Also Known As:
- Iberotel Il Mercato Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Iberotel Il Mercato Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Iberotel IL Mercato is the latest premium luxury Egypt city hotel added to our portfolio. This exclusive five star hotel located in Hadabet Om El Seed is right in the centre of IL Mercato Promenade which is home to some of the biggest International brands. IL Mercato promenade is an inspired creation from well-known Italian architect Daniele Morelli. Professor Morelli, a Renaissance expert who studied at the prestigious Accademia delle Belle Arti in Florence, is famed for his ability to accurately create contemporary buildings that are informed by iconic classical Roman and Venetian architecture that share the same sense of style, time and place.The lively, dynamic and exciting IL Mercato Promenade offers residents and visitors to Sharm El Sheikh an enchanting shopping and entertainment experience away from the city’s commotion. With 286 spacious and elegantly furnished guest rooms, Iberotel IL Mercato provides a comfortable and exquisite base to explore what is an unforgettable experience. Special facilities in the hotel include a very large spa with sauna, massage rooms, Jacuzzi, and swimming pool ( opening soon) as well as a fitness centre and three luxurious swimming pools (two heated during winter) located around the hotel.Iberotel IL Mercato offers a choice of fine dining including one main restaurant, one à la carte restaurant , one lobby bar and one snack bar offering different cuisines to cater for all tastes. It is the location in the heart of IL Mercato that makes Iberotel IL Mercato so unique and so exciting. Experience the most dazzling street market where shopping meets entertainment. Stroll and drink in the renaissance-style atmosphere or stop at one of the many street cafes. La Piazza, in the centre of IL Mercato, is the place to meet or take in festivals, concerts carnivals, and theatre from dusk until dawn. The more adventurous night owls can light up the bight with excitements and the driving beat of various clubs, discos and bars. Facilities Hotel facilities are excellent, including a selection of buffet style, a la carte restaurant, bars and shops. Three swimming pools (two heated during winter) are available for guest’s convenience. Iberotel IL Mercato also offers 24-hour concierge and room service, free shuttle bus to the beach, beauty centre, doctor service is available 24 hour, laundry service and fax service are also available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Otel, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Tingo so you can book your Iberotel Il Mercato reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.