“Best Holiday Ever!! honest review” 5 of 5 stars

Iberotel Il Mercato
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Hadabet Om El Seed, Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt   |
Ranked #37 of 226 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Banbury, United Kingdom
“Best Holiday Ever!! honest review”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

arrived for a 2 week stay with parents partner 21 month old and 2 friends, lovely first impression massive lobby area, was quickly checked in and showed to room, as we walked down to room we did notice it could do with a lick of paint but it was clean and tidy.. room was lovely and we opened the doors straight on to one of the pools, beautiful! went straight down to eat.. Now anyone who says that the food is not good must have issues! the whole 2 weeks the food was fantastic, loads of choice, the waiters are fab too Thank you Goama he couldnt do enough for us! my friend is gluten free and was shown around each day to what she could eat and if nothing suitable they would make her something, how kind. Animation was great they made a fuss of our daughter and even had a leaving party on her last day and a birthday party for my partner.. Kamo and Brazilli you are the best!! In the lobby they had a piano and violinist who wouldnt have looked out of place in the Ritz! he has so muh charisma and a great personality.
Susie the english repn is so helpful its nice to have her there. everything about this place is lovely, the staff are best we have come across in a hotel and we are definatly going to return! hope to see you all in Feb thank you so much for the best holiday.. big kiss from Daisy xx

Room Tip: we had an upgrade to delux room it was lovely
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,223)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
north grafton, MA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

This being my first time in Egypt I expected different things, but not what I actually got. First of hotel is not 5, but 3 stars, barely. I got deluxe room, which was very plain in itself, but there was a rotten smell in the bathroom. As far as the service go, from receptionists to bell boys everybody were as unhelpful as possible. No maps, no suggestions about anything. Only after I asked to talk to the manager of the hotel, receptionnists started to be slightly more helpful, but not much. As far as food goes, there is a lot of it, but it is tasteless. We found tea bags in our cup of soup. Granted I did not eat soup after that.
Overall there is no single good thing that I can point to. Definetely would not recommend it.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Blackpool, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

this hotel was absolutely lovely, there were only a couple of downsides to it which i will mention in a sec. the reception area was beautiful, staff were extremely friendly and so helpful. my room was probably furthest possible from the lobby, was about a 8-9minute walk, this wasnt so bad as the staff drive buggys up and down the path, but not all the time, so sometimes it was a bit of a ball ache. but not exactly a problem! the room was very nice, spacious with very comfy beds, you could control the air con aswell, which was great! bathroom, very nice, tap water a bit yellow (but this is egypt so nothing new there!) shower was quite big, but very frustating as the temperature fluctuated so that one minute it was normal temp then would go scalding hot, every few seconds! very annoying!
the only other two gripes are only small and silly mistakes, but i didnt get replacement towels one day after the cleaner had been in, so had to wait for another day to have a shower. and then one day my key card stopped working! very frustrating as i had to walk down to reception (which as i mentioned, walking to my room was one thing, but then back and back again to my room was grrrr) they told me it stops working if its left by a tv or mobile phone (which it hadnt been but oh well) so tip for you there! they didnt tell me this when i checked in, i guess its not really a big deal :)

the hotel is situated perfectly for shopping and cheap eating, its right behind the shopping area called mercato. theres a great bar called stella and a place to eat called onions where i ate alot (was only b&b) very cheap, and delicious food.
the hotel breakfast was good, a standard buffet all inclusive breakfast i guess.

the rest of the hotel is nice, 2 roof top pools, and two on the ground floor, although they closed at 5 every night which was a bit rubbish, but i think thats due to it being winter time.

so yeah, pretty much an all round great hotel, would defo recommend!

Room Tip: ask for a room quite near to the reception, unless you dont mind the walk
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
wrexham
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

We have visited Egypt a few times now but this is the first time we have stayed in Hadebet Om El Seed.

we stayed at the EL Mercato between the 25th Nov and the 2nd and thought the hotel was very good and in a great Location.

so lets give you some insight in to the hotel.

Firstly just to put travellers minds to rest -the troubles in Cairo had no effect whatso ever on our holiday our welcome was as good as ever and quite a few of the people we met visited Cairo without any issues .

we travelled with Low cost holidays - their communication wasn't great I must say , they changed some details of our pickup and did not respond to some questions I raised !!

The pickup was in a old minibus which was a bit of a laugh as it had fold down seats in the middle of the aisle so they could squeeze more people on , and a roof rack to fit the cases that could not fit inside the minibus !!
just need Camel written down the side and it could have starred in a 1930's film
Driver was a good laugh though !!
first impressions were good as we pulled up outside the Hotel.
on arrival to the el Mercato we were welcomed and given a drink , the whole registration process was quick and painless , I know ive seem people complain about this but in all honesty , filling in all your details on their systems and photocoping your passport takes a little time.
the guys behind the counter were quick efficient and friendly .

We were upgraded from a promo room to a deluxe room without asking , many thanks to the staff
the main lobby was as impressive as any lobby we seen around the world .

we were escorted to our room which was in the wing just behind the lobby area room 2104
Room was fine except it had twin beds and we had asked for a double, we just pushed them together.

Rooms
room was great well furnished with plenty of storage , a safe and hairdryer for the women .
Bathroom was quite big with a full bath fitted with a shower.
the room was clean and well decorated and had a good air-conditioning system.
Don't know what people are complaining about when they say its tired.
if you want a kettle in your room them just ask the guys on the desk they will get you one
a special thanks go to the cleaner who kept our room spotless during our stay .
my only comment was the room was close to the restaurant so at 7.30 you would hear the clatter of knives and forks.

the main dining room is on the bottom floor and server food morning noon and evening.
Food was great and we always found something tasty to eat especially the deserts.
there is a dining room on the roof area and this servers snacks at dinnertime , burgers pasta etc
this was our favourite place to eat at dinnertime.
the dining staff were great , always greeted you and made a fuss , they whizz away the dirty dishes and were always on hand with the drink , they could not do enough for you

drink
local beer, cocktails and shorts not particularly strong , but plentiful and refreshing , there are two bars , one in the lobby area and the other on the roof between the two pool areas.
again the bar staff were great , quick at getting your drinks and always with a smile and a bit of banter.

Pools
there are 4 pools , 1 on the ground floor , 1 indoor and two on the roof , one of which was heated .
there was a pool for every type of person , some with music a bit more lively , others quite and relaxing.
Pools were clean and well looked after , all pools had kiddies pools attached .
there were plenty of sunbeds and brollies to go around and all the pools had a towel attendant ,
and there were WC's close to all pools ,
my only comment would be that the ones on the roof involved going downstairs to the loos and these were not brightly illuminated especially when there was the odd power outage plunging the area into darkness, my wife and others found this disconcerting .

Beach
there are 2 beaches , the coral one for snort ling and the sandy for swimming . a bus runs on the hour to take you to the beaches which are approx. 10 minutes away.
point to note is that the bus picks you up by the BACK DOOR not the front !!!
we didn't visit the coral beach but I believe it was good although you cannot get your all inclusive on this beach.
the sandy beach is where we spend a number of days .
day one we went to the beach which was by the old town , this was a large shared beach with a hut that server el mercato clients with food and drink.
the next time El Mercato had their own private beach , this was much smaller but had much better facilities including a restaurant area ,toilets and it was a private beach.
A special mention goes out to all the guys there especially ALI who had us in absolute tucks time after time , we laughed some much our ribs hurt.
my concerns would be that the beach would be to small in the peak season ,although they do have a option to expand down the beach to the adjoining area.
my only other comments were that the new beach was side on to the sun so by 3pm the sun had disappeared , also it was about 5 minutes down the road from the old beach , which was handier if you wanted to pop into the old town to do some shopping.

entertainment
there was something on everynight ,sometimes this was a little weak if im honest and a little to targeted at the Russian audience , other times there were some really good shows on and a excellent musician in the lobby area most nights ,

Shopping

the El Mercato has its own shopping complex adjoining it, it was fantastic with @70 stores including Starbucks, McDonalds ,KFC,Pizza hut ,Stella pub, a Chinese, Italian and a very good fish restaurant.
there is also a great steak house across the road and the taxi rank is here,

Absolutely no hassle and good prices ,
theres also a great Pharmacy and food stores for drink and nibbles and a bureau de change
watch out for the camel guys at the end of the road they are quite pushy to get you to ride them.
shops have everything from kids clothes through to designer glasses and watches.

the other alternatives are Narma bay which we have visited a number of times and while the shopping is good ,you get hassled a lot.
I preferred the Old town about 10 mins from El Mercato (25 Egyptian in a taxi) lots of shops and less hassle.

Overall the Hotel was Good in a great location , if you any issues or need any advice then just look out for Sue , she was the font of all knowledge and would sort out any issues anyone had , she could be found daily in the lobby.

the Management made regular rounds to check everything was ok and guest were happy.

our only hiccup was on the way home we arrive 3 hours early at the airport only to find that there was absolute chaos as the guys on the counters decide to hold a wildcat strike .
the boards telling you which queue to go to, kept changing from one queue to another causing further chaos (deliberately in my opinion).
we just managed to get through and were ushered straight on to the flight just in time!!
it was disappointing to see a notable absence of any of the holiday flight company reps to assist clients while the chaos ensued, it would have been nice to see Monarch or Thomas cook reps out there to guide people to the right queues ect.

Overall the hotel was excellent value and I would visit again , overall I would give it a 4 star rating ,

could do with a bigger beach area , more bars in the hotel maybe , water and drink in the room fridges and a additional entertainment would have made it 5 stars.

hope this helps

finally just want to say hi to all the people we met while we were there
especially to Claire and Frank (our knight in shinning Armour ) for the laughs we shared each day and also Ali who promised to take my wife for 2 Camels,3 chickens a donkey and a Monkey,
if it wasn't for the fact I couldn't find the Monkey I would have done the deal!!(I tried , I really tried)

best wishes to you all

Jim and Carole Hincks

ps if you had a good time on holiday then write about it , trip advisor only works if you get a balanced view of both good and bad
People will always write if they have had a bad experience , but unfortunately those of us that had a good experience sometimes forget to do this.

Room Tip: we had a deluxe room upgrade 2104 , it was a great room close to everything,but a little noisy in th...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Great Britain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

My friend and I stayed at the hotel in room 4205 & 4209, we had a very good time, the hotel was nice and clean and there were staff keeping the hotel clean & tidy all the time.

The staff were really nice and made our stay special, we would like to give a special thank you to Mohamed Salah from the pool bar,for being polite and helpfull at all time nothing was to much trouble even when he cut his finger he just kept on working, he made our holiday.

A big thanks to Susie Sidwell for all her help and advice during our stay.

The food was of a good standard, only this I would say the deserts were very nice, just some were much to sweet for british tastes.

The only problem we found were the mosquitos we were both badly biten, I think it was a very bad year and had to ask for a kettle, think all rooms should have them.

I would recommend this hotel again thanks you all Irene & Sarah

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

OK.. you are probably wondering why I didnt give it a full set of stars (i will explain so dont worry..lol)

I travel to sharm alot.. probably every year and stay in various hotels- this time round I went twice in one year (thats how much I love sharm el sheikh... winter sun baby!.lol)
OK.. arrived at the magnificant hotel.. looks so grand from the outside and also the inside too. I wouldnt quite call this a 5 star but for sharms status this is 5 star. we checked in and everything went smoothly..
Got to our rooms.. wasnt too overly impressed that we were literally in the middle of main reception (but on the floor above) so we can literally hear the noises.. not a problem its my first night... lets explore further... the beds were of great sizes and the room was massive so literally I can throw all my stuff around and still have ample room to move around..(lol). the bathroom was clean and tidy. the balcony was ok view... we had the view of the dining area... (i mean seriously) ok not to complain.. im still liking this hotel... its clean.. I give it that!...
The hotel had great services such as various pools... great staff -especially the night owls.. they were always smiling even 4am!!..lol.. top top top bloke..Mohamed Abd Rapo at reception.. service with a great smile.. attended to all the needs we had at 4/5am lol.. (dont hate us.. we love you!!..lol)
The hotel also had various activites such as aqua aerobics (was really fun to watch..lol) and yoga (seriously in this hot heat.... forget bikram yoga..lol) they know how to entertain the holiday makers...
The breakfast was ok.. it got abit tedious as it was the same every day but top marks to the omellete maker... top dude or what... although a tip.. just ask him to make it 'well done'. trust me your stomach will thank you ...lol

OK the bad pointers...hmmmm... not sure if this is the hotels problem but the room did smell of bad sewage ( at one point I thought it was my friend..lol) but apparently this is throughout sharm.. thats what they told me... REALLY... I dont think so... I think its the hotels sewage system of the hotel that needs changing.. (just saying!)..
SHOWER... what the hell.. they have bad pressure and the flow of water is either low force or medium but not fast force (if you know what i mean) and it was temperamental like hot and then really cold... called few times to complain and they said they will look into it and Im still waiting for that infamous call from the hotels rep I think she was called suzy... or sharon or tracey... she even promised to send some complimentary gifts to say sorry for inconvenience (im still waiting for them!!)
TBH... apart from minor mishaps (which you are going to get) this hotel wasnt as bad as I thought it was.. the only other major downside.... the holiday makers... I blame groupon and KGB for offering this holiday deal as chavs galore attended when we did... it looked like they never been to a nicer hotel FYI... my deal wasnt with either of those groups...lol
Other pointers... even if you are all inclusive.. please please do venture out of the hotel and go to other places like na'aama bay.. old town... soho square... do some excursions too.. (but dont book at the hotel... RIP off or what..lol shop around and compare prices.. contact me and I can direct you in the right way)
If your into the night life.. head to pacha... this time round this place ROCKED!!... if you haggle trust me you can get in free... you just need to know how to do it... who bloody wants to pay £10-20 to get it... having a laugh aint ya!!...lol...
hard rock is brill.. the shisha cafes are awesome... you can get really cheap shisha (50p...!!) and its really good... and great fresh fruit juices.... and the entertainment is really good too. snake show... ok that was abit freaky but entertaining... also a male belly dancer... . you will get hasselled alot if you stick out and look like a tourists (thats everyone ..lol) you just got to deal with it.. but one thing is for sure.. they are not rude... f you say you are not interested and just browsing they will leave you alone..
As for shopping ... if your into your fake goods.. then you will find this place heaven... haggle and you can get it much cheaper.. but remember what looks amazing there will not automatically look the same here... #JustSaying#

Room Tip: Ask for rooms which are away from reception area... and try and get a room with a falcony or access...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

Great holiday, nice hotel, good food, drinks, beach, weather, etc, in fact everything you need for a chill out hol. Met some lovely British and Egyptian people, in particular the staff who do an excellent job - Sara who is a little gem and our favourite waiter Ahmed Sayed who was an absolute star and a really lovely guy! Will be back next year to recharge the batteries!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Iberotel Il Mercato? Share your experiences!