“Very refreshing surprise” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 228 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Very refreshing surprise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

We are on the last night of our seven night stay and wish we were here longer. The gardens are beautiful and we only just discovered the spa pool and gardens.

The staff have been wonderful and most accommodating. We decided to go veggie for the week so a special thanks to Habib at the Asian restaurant for organising a delicious Thai green vegetable curry. The other restaurant managers have been equally helpful. Thanks to the main restaurant for the decaffeinated coffee and the pool bar for the opposite - Turkish coffee, both superb.

We will be back.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
SharmGMoffice, General Manager at Stella Di Mare Beach Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Dear auldg,
Thank you for great contribution and to have noticed the willingness and care of the Employees to assist. And i will surely praise the Team Members who have delivered extra miles to ensure you that you enjoy a comfortable stay.
Thank you for staying with Stella Di Mare Sharm Beach Hotel & Spa, and We will be very delighted to welcome you again soon.
George Hanna

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (831)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Amman, Jordan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

We stayed at this hotel at the end of April. I travelled with my husband, my 16-year-old son and 12-year-old daughter. It was our first trip to Sharm, but we only stay in 5-star hotels when we travel so I could compare the hotel to other 5-star hotels, but not the ones in Sharm. The check-in at the hotel was very fast and efficient and we got a refreshing orange drink the minute we arrived. The room was very clean and the beds were comfortable. We were B&B, and the breakfast was more than adequate, even though it was exactly the same every day. There was still a lot of choice and we never left hungry. We also didn't get the dreaded stomach bug people mention a lot on trip advisor. The hotel's pools were clean and even though there is 'real' beach, the hotel has some loungers arranged on sand overlooking the sea. The hotel was great for anyone just wanting to relax, but there were very few families with teenage children and there was not much for my children to do at the hotel. My son played water volley ball, but that was about it, and there was nothing for my daughter. I found the staff to be extremely efficient and friendly in the hotel restaurants and the lobby, but I found the attendants around the pool to be a little difficult. I was trying to open the umbrella at the main pool area, but it was massive and I saw the pool attendants watch me but no one offered to help. When I also asked for a towel in the morning, the attendant asked if I had decided which pool I wanted to use (there was another pool at a lower level) and I told him that I hadn't, but wanted to walk around and decide, so he refused to give me the towel and said that when I made my mind up which pool I was going to use, he would give me the towels because if I wanted to use the lower pool, I would have to get the towels from the lower pool attendant. What difference does it make where I get my towel from? That attendant at the lower pool was unhelpful until I tipped him $5. I don't care about the money, as we were more than happy to tip the waiters in the restaurants and the lobby and the taxi drivers, etc, but I like to tip because the service is good, and not as a bribe to ensure the service is good. There was also a drunk Russian man lying on the the floor on the sixth floor (the library level), just outside the library area who was quite aggressive and upset my daughter. I know he was Russian because he had hassled my children earlier near the pool, and his wife apologized for his behaviour. I notified some cleaning staff who were nearby at the time, but they didn't seem too bothered about it. We tried the Asian restaurant at the hotel and the food was okay, the waiters extremely friendly, and the food was not expensive. The staff at the bar in the lobby were amazing and my husband and I enjoyed a drink there in the evenings. A bottle of local wine was only around 20 pounds, which was fine for a 5-star hotel. All in all, it was good, and I would probably return, but I would try another hotel in Sharm next time and then compare.

Room Tip: If you are staying in a room overlooking the main pool area, there is entertainment at night, so if...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Slough, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

Wow wow wow! This is our third trip to Sharm on a girlie week in the sun and we will never go anywhere else now we have found Stella Di Mare. George Hanna - General Manager - is obviously a great man -his hotel is beautifully run, it is spotless, cleaning is on-going - from scrubbing the pool in diving equipment to the beautifully kept grounds and beaches. Perfect rooms and smiling happy staff everywhere you go - we have been disappointed so many times in Sharm especially by the food - but here the food is great - loads of choice, and everything fresh and cooked to order.
There were so many people that made our trip from Baher in security who helped my friend when she lost her precious bracelet, to Ayoub the Head of Housekeeping, Saied in the restaurant and Abdu at the beach.... and so many more!
The only slight criticism is the evening entertainment....
But we could live with that!
You must go!! We’ll be back in March

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Mr. tummies,
We are very proud to be part of the ever growing Stella Di Mare Sharm Beach Hotel & Spa family! And become one of our fans.
Thank you for your continuous loyalty and trust and I will be very glad to welcome you again in March and as well, I amply appreciate your exciting review.
Warm Regards
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I'd highly recommend this hotel. The staff were all absolutely lovely - really friendly and so helpful - always smiling and nothing was too much trouble. We were handed fresh slices of fruit/water/drinks on the beach every day and sprayed with cooling water on really hot days if we wanted it - this hotel knows how to give great customer service! The food was excellent - a great choice at every meal and all good quality and really tasty. You can use all the restaurants on the all-inclusive options - on a selected menu - even though it looks as if you will have to pay (with a 25% discount) for two of them. You also get 5 items per person per week laundered for free! The only negative was the 80% Russian clientele but this is typical for Sharm, in my experience. An excellent hotel all round!

Room Tip: If you ask for a room with a sea view, these mostly look over the pool - where there's a swim-up...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
SharmGMoffice, General Manager at Stella Di Mare Beach Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Dear LadyMChesterfield,
We are glad to have been able to match your expectations through personalized attentions delivered by our friendly professional teams.

Thank you for staying at Stella Di Mare Sharm Beach Hotel & Spa and for recommending the hotel
Once more, Thank you for staying with us, we wish to have the pleasure of your presence soon.

manchester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I travelled to the Stella with my 2 children (2 & 6), husband & mum over the Easter holidays. We spent 10 days at the hotel and would thoroughly recommend it.
We booked directly with the hotel and they sent a minibus to collect us from the airport.
We had 2 rooms on the 7th floor - the views were amazing. The rooms were nice, maybe slightly dated & a bit basic, but very well cleaned and served their purpose.
We stayed on b & b basis, buffet breakfast was good - nice variety - we preferred to have an outside table as we found there were quite a lot of flies inside. The only complaint with breakfast was the coffee - we noticed that the waiters didn't always bring you fresh coffee & would sometimes just grab a half filled pot from another table....it wasn't a massive issue as they would bring a replacement one but in a 5 star resort this shouldn't happen at all! We found that the staff who worked on the outside tables were very helpful and friendly.
The hotel grounds and pools were beautiful - the staff work very hard to keep the place looking so amazing.
Our children used the kids club most days - they loved it & Howady was so lovely. The disco was a big hit with our girls!
We tried all the restaurants at the hotel - the quality and choice was very good. We also went into Naama bay a couple of nights (used the shuttle bus which was easy to book on to & left/returned on time). In Naama bay we ate at the On the Deck restaurant which had lovely selection of seafood and great views and also at Fairuz.
We booked a boat trip through the dive guys at the hotel - this was a really good day out and was well organised.
The staff at the hotel were all friendly & helpful - especially those who worked in the 7th floor bar and those by the pool.
We would love to visit the hotel again and would definitely recommend to others.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear Mrs. Victoria003,
We are very proud to have fulfilled your expectations on your first stay at Stella Di Mare Sharm Beach Hotel & Spa. And thank you for highly recommending our property and to have noticed the willingness and care of the Employees to assist.
We appreciate your valuable comments and kindly accept our sincere apology for the coffee services which was average. we will surely maintain training to ensure consistent improvement and ensuring a higher satisfaction on your return visit.

We hope to have the privilege welcoming you again at Stella Di Mare Sharm Beach Hotel & Spa.

Warm regards,
isle of wight england
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

My wife and I have been to Sharm el Sheikh ten times and this was the best.Apart from fabulous sunny weather the hotel was superb.The staff and their willingness to make your stay special were fantastic.Always a smile and polite conversation.We booked a panoramic room, number 722 and it was amazing,if you can afford it book one of these rooms,the views are stunning.The room was lovely and clean and had everything we wanted in it.There is a lovely feel to the hotel whether it be in reception or restaurants.Pool area was well maintained and the pool bar was a welcome sight in the heat.The two al la carte restaurants are lovely, outside eating at your leisure with excellent choice of menu.If you are looking to go to Sharm then put this hotel at the top of your list you will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: panoramic view rooms are fantastic with stunning views to be enjoyed from the room and the balcony.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Mr. 850Andy61,
We are very pleased to read that you had a fabulous breakaway at Stella Di Mare Sharm Beach Hotel & Spa and that you received nothing but a great hospitable spirit from our Employees.
We wish to have the pleasure welcoming you again for further great memories.
We appreciate your exciting review and we will be very glad to welcome you and your wife again
Warm regards,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

It was a lovely holiday, a beautiful room, good food, a beautiful garden and a beautiful house reef.
Milad Nashaat the man who cleaned our room made sure we felt at home, what a sweet man. We will definitely return and Milad thanks again for everything.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear ineke h,
We appreciate your returns and are thankful for your visit which experience was overall up to your expectations.
Your compliments have been passed to our Employee who are waiting for your next holiday. Looking forward to welcoming you again, thank for staying with us at Stella Di Mare Beach Hotel & Spa.
George Hanna

Been to Stella Di Mare Beach Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!