“I really loved staying at Criss Resort” 5 of 5 stars

You added Criss Resort to your Saves list
Criss Resort
1 El Salam Road, Sharm El Sheikh 069, Egypt   |
München
“I really loved staying at Criss Resort”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2010

Stayed again at Criss Resort for 3 weeks this time (July 10). I booked a studio in house number 50 and were really happy there. I loved the gardens, the three pools with the wonderful lounge chairs and of course the shopping facilties. There is a supermarket for basics items as well as the largest (and i think cheapest) supermarket in Sharm El Sheikh just ten minutes away (walking distance).
I also enjoyed a lot the big balcony of my appartement. It is a great place to have breakfast or simply, to relax!
Again, the service and the stuff were really fantastic. Joe, the manager, was extremely helpful and prompt with anything i needed from directions, room questions, and suggestions for my stay. He goes out of his way to make sure guests are happy.
Ask him, where to go or what to do in Sharm and he will give you very good advices or even organize some nice excursions.
I personally would recommend you to have some falafel at "Hay il Nour" or Old Market and then go to see the "Il Mercato", which is a large and nice shopping mile in Hadaba. The best trip i did was a boat trip to Ras Mohammed. Next time i return to Sharm, i would like to go on a star gazing trip with beduins.
I am looking forward to come back soon and would recommend this place to everybody.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
America
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2010

Even though Criss resort is not the fanciest place to stay in Sharm, the hospitality exceeds any expectations. This place is great for young travelers and is a great value. Joe was wonderful and went out of his way to make sure we were satisfied, comfortable and happy. Any problems we had were fixed immediately. Without Joe I feel like our stay would have been completely different. The resort itself was great with the 3 different pools and everyone was very friendly. I would recommend this to anyone.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with friends
Cairo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2010

I will however start with positive items about the establishment. Good location to walk to Naama Bay to eat and enjoy the night lifte. There are three nice pools to enjoy. There is nothing else on the grounds for children to enjoy besides the pools (no lifeguards however even though they were advertised). The Air Conditioners worked very well. There were three in the two bedroom apartment. Joe seemed honest and had good information about the local area. However --

The apartments are another story. They are filthy. The floors had not been cleaned in a long time. We had to rewash every dish bcause there was food residue on them. The bathroom smelled so bad that I almost would throw up every time I was in there. I think sewage was a problem in that room. There were leaks all over the aprartment. The sink, toilet, washing machine (which didn't work), were all leaking. Which is a huge breeding ground for the mosquitos that were attacking our children.

The kithcen was beyond filthy. There was so much flith on the stove that I didn't even want to cook. We tried to use the oven to make french fries, but it never got hot enough to cook them. The statement in the internet ad about "We have thought of everything" made me want to come here. What a misleading statement that was. I think previous guests have stolen everything and that's why we had to continually ask for what we needed.

Overall this place is a major bust. It actually pretty much ruined our trip overall. I would never recommend this to anyone I know. The only type of people this place is for is a bunch of college guys who couldn't afford anything better spring break.

Joe seemed like he was trying to help and answer our questions, but now I get the feeling that the washing machine will never be fixed and the filth will continue to grow.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2010

Criss resort is located on the quiet side of Namaa Beach main street. There are two clusters of apartments. Each cluster has a large swimming pool with its own bar alongside
The apartments of this residence are privately owned and for rent when the owners don't use them.
This also means that none of the apartments is alike as far as decoration and the availability of utensils is concerned. Some apartments have a satellite dish, others only an areal for the reception of local tv. Contrary to what the management told me there is Wifi available. You can buy the scratch cards you need in the supermarket on the street side of the residence (Egynet, 20 EP for one hour, 100 EP for three days).
As the apartments are so different from each other you can expect the ratings here to differ too.

I did not make a reservation so I had to take what was available, a one bedroom apartment with separate kitchen and shower/bathroom. There was no other choice because of the busy Easter period when most of the Sinai coast is booked long before.
Furniture was poor, the door to the balcony did not open, probably to prevent the neighbours pets to enter the apartment. Except for some cups,plates, forks, spoons and knives there were no kitchen utensils. Even not a water cooker..
As I only stayed for three days this was not a problem for me as it would be for the family with young children for whom this residence is a quiet and save place.

So, when you decide to go to Criss resort be sure to make a reservation and make very clear the facilities you need. The management is very helpful and will try to make your stay as pleasant as possible.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
München
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2010

The apartment is in a very nice complex with several pools and is located in the heart of Naama Bay. Supermarket, bank, taxi, beach etc. are within walking distance. Nevertheless, it is extremely quiet there and completely relaxing. The apartment looks exactly like on the photos and is kept very clean! The landlord lives in the same house and has several apartments in the complex. For each question or request, he was immediately on the spot and took care personally of every little problem. I initially had problems with my internet wireless access, and even then he could help me! Also he gave us very good advices what trips and activities we could do during our vacation. We also used the driver service, which is available there as well - and we were very satisfied with the reliability of the driver. Overall, I had a very pleasant stay there and will certainly also book again next time when i am around.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2010

For the price and location, Criss Resort provides excellent value for money. Our family with two young children stayed one night on the way through from Cairo to Dahab. Naama Bay's pedestrianised zone is only 10 minutes walk away down the main road. The apartment complex was peaceful and pleasant. The apartment itself was clean and suited our purposes at a price we could afford. We found Joe to be a friendly and up-front host. To those who wrote the previous negative review, all I can say is that, if you want 5 star luxury, you won't find it at a 2 star price (especially not in Sharm -- if you want a cheap holiday in Egypt, don't stop too long in Sharm, because the prices there are triple those of other Red Sea resort towns).

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
Singapore
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2010

Criss Resort was a horrible place. Our kitchen sink was leaking. I broke out in hives due to the dust on the couches and the apartment was really dusty and dirty. The cupboard doors were hanging on the hinges, we didn't dare open it for fear the mirrored door would drop and shatter. There were many mosquitoes and we got several angry red bites.

We got to know some another group of friends who was staying in another apartment. The entire floor of their apartment was flooded and Joe (who owned it) did not fix it even after a whole day.

I think Joe is a crook who cannot be trusted. I wouldn't recommend this place to my worse enemy.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with friends
sharmlettings, Rental Manager at Criss Resort, responded to this review, January 23, 2010
Dear Fara
Thank you for your feedback. We are most concerned to read your negative comments and feel that the comment about the owner is most unfair. Joe is an honest, hard working and kind person. Our guests feedback is very important to us and we take your comments very seriously. We have recently recruited an English manager to ensure that our apartments are cleaned and maintained to a very high European standard at all times. If you were to visit us again, and you are most welcome anytime, we hope that you will see the effects of this. The other group you mention were not staying in one of our apartments, so we had no control over the leak they experienced, but we did as much as we could to resolve this as quickly as possible. As for the mosquitoes, unfortunately, they love Egypt too and can be a nuisance. The resort is sprayed every night to minimize them. We also recommend to our guests that they use an insect repellent on exposed skin in the evening to avoid getting bitten. We do hope that if you visit Sharm again, you will give us the opportunity to demonstrate to you that our apartments are clean, well maintained and in the perfect location. Warm regards, The Management

Been to Criss Resort? Share your experiences!