“Tiran Island Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #97 of 226 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
“Tiran Island Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

The hotel was very comfortable and had good facilities; the bedroom was of a good size and the bathroom was large and spacious. The air conditioning worked well and we also had our own balcony which was also cleaned daily.
Everything was done on time - towels at 8am from the pool, food open for the full time stated, entertainment as promised.

The pool area was always well kept and staff on hand to help you rearrange sun loungers, parasols and to assist with anything else you required. The hotel was a very short walk from the private beach where there is an excellent snorkeling site at the end of the jetty. We went on a boat trip and the last snorkel stop was on the Tiran Island Hotel beach.

The onsite bars and restaurants are also handy for things you may have forgotten - we forgot toothpaste so used the on site supermarket on the first night! You are able to find most things you want without leaving the site. The staff in the stores were very helpful with everything we needed.

The all inclusive food left a lot to be desired - you could always find something to eat but it could have been better. As I said, I never went hungry but at times could have done with something a bit tastier (but then I am quite fussy). We upgraded our bands for the last 3 days to eat for free in any restaurant and drink 24 hours which I would also do again as this was WELL worth the extra £8 (one 3 course lunch paid for that!). It also made a change to eat in peace without a rude Russian pushing into the queue in front of you because they could not be bothered to wait their turn.
The staff at the hotel are just AMAZING!!! They were all very attentive, without having to tip them. After a few days we did start to tip the bar and waiter staff - not one of them took it for granted and they always ensured that we were well looked after and had everything we needed. Everyone was really friendly and made us feel at home - this is one big reason why I would go back to this hotel tomorrow.
I really enjoyed my time at Tiran Island hotel and I would most certainly go back again (hopefully October 2013).

Room Tip: All rooms have balconies but there is one area that has a children pool so if you want a relaxing ti...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Tiran_Island_Hotel, Guest Relations Manager at Tiran Island Hotel, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Greetings from sunny Tiran Island Hotel!

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. It was very thorough and full of useful information for potential visitors.

We are happy to hear that you made use of most of the facilities here and took your time to explore the hotel fully.

Its nice to see that you used both the pool and the beach and also experienced the Ala Carte restaurants on the Ultra All Inclusive package. We hope you found it good value for money and enjoyed the extra benefits.

If you have any suggestions regarding the food in the main restaurant please let me know on shellie.wilson@tiranislandsharm.com and I will pass the comments on to our Executive Chef.

We look forward to welcoming you again in the near future and if you have any further requests nearer the to the time of your arrival please let me know and we will do our best to fulfill your wishes.

Quality Control & Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (239)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

I travelled with my 2 teenage children arriving on 20th april 2013.
We were allocated a very spacious room 2105, however we had no balcony or terrace. This room was very central and very noisy.....at 4am! Great views of the swimming pool and sea.
The bathroom was clean but smelt.... on arrival we were greeted with a dirty toilet. After complaining we were advised this was in fact cement but they did manage to remove it.
The towel art in the room was excellent and our cleaner was excellent checking that we had clean towels on the day of our departure.
I found a couple of bugs in my bed on a couple of nights.
The main problem with this hotel is the food, cleanliness and Hygiene in the restaurant
The tables are not cleaned using wet clothes and cleaning materials, they are merely wiped over with existing paper napkins. The first couple of days we found ourselves doubting whether the table had even been cleaned at all as the napkins and cutlery were so dirty.
After complaining OUR table was cleaned using a wet cloth.....the waiter used the drip tray for the drinking water to wring out the dirty cloth in!
We also had a 10 minute wait for a spoon - these are not put on the tables.
There were no plastic cups for drinks on a number of occasions
One of the Chefs dipped his fork in the chocolate sauce licked it, then put his fork back in for more.
The pasta chef wiped his very sweaty brow with a napkin, then wiped out the pasta pan with it and then conitinued to cook in the pan! Needless to say we did not eat the pasta again.
The food in the serving dishes was also cold on a number of occasions or if you went to eat late they were often empty!
We ate very little for 7 days.
Rude, obnoxious Russians - pushing in (yes you have to queue for food and drinks in restaurant, pool bar and beach bar). At one point I had a spoon almost taken out of my hand whilst dishing up food - as I retaliated the russian lady resorted to taking the spoon out of the fish dish and using this in the potatoes. That ruled out potatoes for us as we have a fish alergy.
The hours all inclusive drinks are served should be longer. Snacks 4-5pm consist of chips and ice cream only. You had to queue for these too......
I complained to the tour rep who passed this on. I didnt expect to hear anything further however to the hotels credit we were contacted by both the hotel manager Noed and Shelly the customer relations manager.
I just think that the restaurant was beyond their capabilities to change.
Our waiter Ahmed did work very hard and made an effort to look after us after we had complained......he seemed to work a lot harder than other waiters.
The shuttle bus to the beach was great, regular and we were always able to get a sun bed at the beach or round the pool.
I am not a moaner and do not make a habit of complaining but I would not recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: 2105 spacious but no balcony or terrace - also noisy
Dear Valued Guest ,

Greetings from sunny Sharm El Sheikh!

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. Your comments are an important tool in helping us to improve and maintain our services in order to meet guests expectations and ensure guest satisfaction.

However, I am a little disappointed as after we met with you you did tell us you had seen a vast improvement to the issues you had mentioned and that you had no further complaints.

With regards to the queuing, of course at busy periods there is a queue. For instance, the snacks, which also include burgers as well as chips are very popular so people do descend all at the same time as soon as they open. The same applies to the ice cream but there is plenty for everyone so no-one will miss out.

The issue regarding the spoon could easily have been resolved for you if it had been mentioned to one of the waiters or the Chefs as they would happily have got you some fresh potatoes.

Its nice to hear that you enjoyed the facilities on the beach and that the housekeeper did a good job in the room for you also as well as leaving you our famous towel art on the beds.

We would love you to return again and if you have any further suggestions or comments please do not hesitate to contact me at shellie.wilson@tiranislandsharm.net.

Corby, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

I went out with a family of 11 and had a wonderful time at The Tiran Island Hotel.We were put into a very spacious room to accommodate my big family. I could not fault any of the staff at this hotel as there service was excellent from the pool staff who for a tip would meet you with your towels at 8 o'clock sharp and put your towels on your sunbeds for you. All the bar staff were always smiling and friendly and prompt with your drinks. The animation team were a good laugh with a special mention for SAM,JESSINA AND BIG THANKS TO ALEX for his entertainment and strange whistle.(my wife is still trying to accomplish this). The pool is not as cold as people mention as its a welcome relief from the baking sun. AKMED who was our cleaner was fantastic with clean sheets and towels every day and a different towel design every day also again for only a small tip each day. I would recommend tipping at every opportunity as these people are on such low wages and in return you will be looked after very well. The variety of food was good for the first week but into the second week we were struggling but i would recommend the Indian and Italian as the food was a refreshing change and very very good quality. A BIG THANK YOU ALSO TO SALAH LOTFY for finding and returning my little girls teddy which she had lost in the restaurant which when i asked at lost and found they could not find it but when he investigated it was with us in minutes, so a big huge THANK YOU for not only that but your hospitality in the restaurant with the fries for my fussy kids to your kindness at getting us extra chairs.The only issue i had was the Russians, i would not advise going to the beach early in the morning as you will be overwhelmed with them, go in the afternoon as they will all be up at 12.30 for there lunch in there droves. They will never leave a door open for you and will deliberately in my experience WALK in your way expecting you to side step out of there way. ( me personally i just stopped and let them walk round me after 5 days of this). They also don't believe in queuing and when challenge i had the reply BUT I AM RUSSIAN so they obviously have a reputation to uphold. Please dont let this put you off this great hotel as its not the hotels fault and most are not keen on these people also and in my eyes its just a minor issue.( ignorance is bliss so they say ). The beach is a 5-10 min walk but there is a shuttle bus to take you every 15 mins back and forward with a bar facility and sunbeds available. The beach is also protected because of the coral but you can still wade in the water and snorkeling is a must the fish are amazing. So overall me and my family had a wonderful time i will return if not only for the weather but to see the staff at this well maintained and friendly hotel. Many thanks to you all.Thanks to SHELLIE changing my mind.

Room Tip: We asked for a big room and got just that. If you have a big family ask for room 1222 as we had thre...
Dear Valued Guest,

Hello from a very hot Sharm El Sheikh!

Thank you so much for posting such a great review about your holiday with us. All your points should prove very useful for potential visitors as well as helping us to improve and maintain the high standards you would expect from your stay.

I will pass on your thanks to our animation team and you must let us know if your wife manages to accomplish Alex's whistle!

We are very happy that you got Teddy back. We know how valued these things are to the family and we try to satisfy our little ones as much the grown ups!

It's nice to learn that you took advantage of our beach facilities and made the most of the wonderful snorkelling we have right on our doorstep.

We look forward to welcoming you once again and if you decide to return please email me at shellie.wilson@tiranislandsharm.net with any requests you may have.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

Hotel was great, rooms very spacious and lovely with fabulous daily towel creations on the bed. Pool very large, yes it is quite chilly but you need that in 90 degree heat. Gardens beautifully maintained on a daily basis. The only downside was the rude obnoxious Russians that didn't understand what queuing was or manners. In the main restaurant at meal times it was always a fight to get a table and the food wasn't the best. On the plus side the Italian restaurant was great and ended up eating there 3 times. All in all a very enjoyable holiday.

Sam

• Stayed April 2013
Tiran_Island_Hotel, Guest Relations Manager at Tiran Island Hotel, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us here at Tiran Island Hotel. Your comments are an important tool in helping us to improve and maintain our services in order to exceed our guests expectations.

Its nice to hear that you visited our Italian Restaurant and found the food and service good enough to return another 2 times.

The towel creations are very popular with our guests and the house keepers work hard keeping your room clean.

We are sad to learn that some other guests may have marred your stay with us but we would love to welcome you back again so if you decide to return then please do not hesitate to contact me at shellie.wilson@tiranislandsharm.com.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

My wife and I had a fabulous time at the tiran island hotel....
+ points
Bar staff great
Pool staff great
Restaurant staff great
The animation team were extremely friendly and involved all that wanted to be involved and left alone those that didn't....they made us really welcome
Great pool that isn't as cold as people keep saying ( If you are in 90° of heat all of the time It's bound to feel cold when you jump into a huge pool of water)
The gardens were lovely and kept well
The beach was in easy walking distance
Plenty to do

- points
The Russians can be very pushy when the foods about ( give them an hours head start) but they do like to party
The food isn't brilliant it's just ok
Wish the all inclusive went on till midnight

• Stayed April 2013
Tiran_Island_Hotel, Guest Relations Manager at Tiran Island Hotel, responded to this review, April 28, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. It made easy reading and I am sure will be helpful for any potential visitors researching Tiran Island Hotel.

I note that you mention the staff in many areas so I am pleased that they worked hard to ensure you left with only happy memories of your stay. Your appreciation will be passed on to all the staff members concerned.

The pool can be chilly but is extremely refreshing during the heat of the summers day and obviously during the hot summer months, the pool does heat up from the sun.

If you have any suggestions regarding the food please do drop me a line on the email below in order for me to pass them on to our Chef to make improvements where necessary.

We would love to welcome you back once again and if you decide to return please do contact me at shellie.wilson@tiranislandsharm.net and we will try to help with any requests you may have.

Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

Two girls (22/24) stayed between 16/04/2013 - 23/-4/2013
Transfer Time should be no longer than 10 mins from Sharm El Sheik Airport to the hotel.
The Hotel is big, has a nice swimming pool (slightly cold at times) the pool is all the same depth and has a swim up bar! There are also plenty on sunbeds available around the pool, you are also given a towel card on arrival.
Food at the hotel was alright, breakfast was mainly a selection of pastries (with really nice chocolate sauce) also boiled eggs, sausages and bread etc. Lunch was a random selection sometimes including burger and chips, also freshly cooked spaghetti. Dinner was also a array of random food, just be daring and try it you might enjoy it, a tip would be to go out onto the restaurant balcony to get food from the live cooking station aswell and to also try the Italian restaurant it was lovely!
Rooms were large and cleaned everyday with a new towel animal creation aswell. The air con worked fine (even had to turn ours down as it got to cold). The view of the airport however wasnt ideal, although we didnt book a holiday to Egypt to stay on our balcony all week!!
The beach was lovely and only a 5 min walk (free shuttle bus is also available there and back). If you want a sunbed go to the beach after lunchtime or very early in the morning. Pool bar at the beach is also all inclusive. Snorkels can be hired at £2 a day and i would highly recommend you use them, the coral and fish are truly breathtaking!
There is also a large mix of nationalities at the hotel (mainly Russian) they have no concept of queuing however they are generally nice people so nothing to worry about. Also if you want to change money into Egyptian Pounds there is a usefull ATM in reception, also WIFI is available at a charge.
Staff at the hotel were lovely, they work extremely hard for minimum pay so who can blame them if they occasionally dont smile! Animation team were also great fun!
We did the boat trip to Tiran Island as a excursion highly recommend it, lovely day out and was only £32, we even managed to see a sea turtle whilst snorkeling!
Overall the hotel and the holiday in general was brilliant, the people we met really made it and i personally would highly recommend this hotel and Egypt as a place to visit!
Any questions about the hotel, feel free to ask!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Tiran_Island_Hotel, Guest Relations Manager at Tiran Island Hotel, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Greetings from sunny Egypt!

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. I am sure the points you raised will prove extremely useful for anyone researching on coming to Sharm El Sheikh.

Its nice to hear that you made use of our beach facilities and took advantage of our wonderful snorkelling right on our door step.

You seemed to find your way around the restaurant well and experienced the variety of food we have offer and its nice to know that you took treated yourself and visited our Italian restaurant.

I will pass on your appreciation to our staff as we like to give credit where it is due and they work hard at ensuring you leave with happy memories of your stay here.

We would love to welcome you back again so if you decide to return please do contact me at shellie.wilson@tiranislandsharm.net and we will try to help with any requests you may have.

Sheffield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

Stayed here in september 2011 with my girlfriend and had a great time. We had a large room with plenty of space which was cleaned every day to a very high standard. The staff couldnt do enough for you and would help you with anything you had a problem with. The food got a bit boring after a couple of week but was of good quality. I would stay again if visiting sharm.

Room Tip: A pool view would have been nice.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Tiran_Island_Hotel, Guest Relations Manager at Tiran Island Hotel, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for writing a review about your stay with us. Your comments are an important tool in helping us to improve and maintain the high standard you would expect.

Its good to hear that you found our staff helpful and found the food plentiful and of good quality. If you have any further suggestions for the menu please let me know and I will pass on to our Chef.

We would love you to visit us again and if you decide to return please do not hesitate to contact me at shellie.wilson@tiranislandsharm.net and we will try to help with any requests you may have.

Quality Control & Guest Relations Manager

Been to Tiran Island Hotel? Share your experiences!