“Great Days boat diving!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Aquarius Diving Club

Aquarius Diving Club
Ras Nosrany, Marsa El Dekheila | Coral Sea Imperial Resort, Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt
+20 1002586481
Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Peterborough, United Kingdom
“Great Days boat diving!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

I did plenty of searching via the internet for a reputable dive centre before we travelled to Sharm. But wasn't sure about what was close to our hotel complex. so didn't book anything before we left.

Once there i noticed that our complex (First Choice Holiday Village) had a "dive Centre" on site. I spoke to Barry the sales rep and decided to book a check dive on the house reef and a days boat dive (2 dives).

the next day I went to the onsite "dive centre" which is more of a watersports shack for hiring pedelo's and windsurfing and was met with a blank look from the man behind the counter when I explained that I was there for a house reef dive... after about 15mins huffing and puffing and asking for a voucher the manager arrived and quickly got me taken to the proper dive centre 5 mins walk down the beach at Corel Sea Resort.

This then turned into a much better experience, the staff were very helpful and knowledgable and quickly sorted me out with paperwork, and equipment etc and we we on a minibus and off to the House reef which was a 20min drive away at Shereton Hotel.

The dive guide and other divers were great and it was a lovely dive to get me back into it after a few years out. There was plenty to see and with a Moray Eel the highlight. It was like diving in an Aquarium.

The next day I was picked up from my hotel and taken with 5 other divers ( two daves, Simon, Tommy and Charlotte) to the boat pick up at Sharks Bay where we were taken to Tiran dive sites Jackson and Gordon Reefs. both were great dives and the guides pointed out plenty of things I would have missed. Lunch on the boat was very good and well worth the 45LE. There was also a group of Snorkelers on board and they appeared well catered for.

One of the daves otherwise known as Dave Thompson is in a wheelchair and he could reccommend Aquarius highly enough he has dived several times with them and the Aquarius couldn't do enough for him. check out Daves website at www.disabilitypartnership.org.uk/ Dave writes a blog and always comments on his diving experiences.

I couldn't fit anymore diving in but I would certainly be going back and wouldn't hesitate to use Aquarius again. Top dive centre.

Visited May 2012

• Polish first
London, United Kingdom
“BRILLIANT DAY FOR ALL THE FAMILY”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2012

We booked our day through Barry from Aquarius at the RED SEA VILLAGE. Barry is a lovely guy and became a friend of the family over our stay. He's a great salesman but not pushy. Top bloke.

The whole day was marvellous. I scuba dived with my ten year old. we did two dives and it was truly memorable. My wife and two younger boys snorkelled although they didn't intend to. It was all very relaxed and it gave them the confidence to give it a go. They were not disappointed!

The lunch was good and the kids (six all in all) grabbed the prime sunbathing spot on front deck and had a whale of a time!

Oh and we had the pleasure of dolphins for company!

Visited April 2012
Ashbourne
“Fantastic, safety conscious diving experience.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2012

My son Sam (12yrs) tried his first ever scuba diving at Christmas with Aquarius and they couldn’t have been more professional and helpful. It was obvious and clearly demonstrated that safety was their No.1 priority and I felt comfortable that Sam was in safe hands.
On our return trip 6 weeks later (this time with my Mother in tow), we decided to do the day boat trip so Sam could scuba in deeper water. It was a great day out. The boat was great (although the toilet left a little to be desired – but you are on a boat!), seats were comfy and there were padded areas to sunbathe (which is sooooo nice on a boat in the Red Sea). My only criticism is that there wasn’t enough shade to escape the sun. Lunch on the boat was simple but good. Sam loved the diving and the dive instructor took extra care of him as he was the youngest. He had 2 dives (there were 3 available), but he really wanted to go again. I asked if he could do the 3rd dive but after much investigation, there wasn’t enough air on-board for him and the instructor to safely do another one. Just another example of the safety consciousness of the instructors. Mother and I wanted to swim a little off the boat but the crew wouldn’t let us until the skipper had said it was safe to do so. He knew where it was safe to dive but sometimes, where it was not always safe to swim. Of course we swam loads and it was beautiful, but only where it was safe to do so as instructed by the crew. You almost didn’t need a mask as the water is so clear you can see straight to the bottom.
I do have one little suggestion. It would have been really nice if there were some fish identification charts dotted around on the boat, not just one poster on the wall. There are so many fantastic fish down there, it would be nice to put a ‘name-to-the-face’ without having to wait until everyone else has moved away from the poster.
I will definitely book with Aquarius again (hopefully in October). Highly recommended.
Enjoy your dive.

Visited February 2012
bristol
“Speedboat & Snokelling”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2012

We booked the speedboat and snorkelling trip, we were picked up and taken to the Sensorti Hotel 15 mins away, we had our own snorkelling stuff and were just given life jackets and everyone was provided with what they needed, we got into our speedboat with another family and headed out towards the ship wreck, the kids loved it, bouncing over the waves, We stopped for our first snorkel and all of us went in, after 5 mins our son who is 5 wanted to stop, they guides took him back to the boat and the boat driver looked after him whilst we continued to enjoy our snorkel. We dropped off for another snorkel on another reef, on this one my daughter was tired and they again helped her out of the water. We then sped down the sea and saw dolphins, the children then were allowed to steer the boat which they thought was amazing. The staff and whole experience was fantastic and we would do this again. It was so nice that we were able to still snorkel even when the children had had enough.

Visited April 2012
Herts, England
3 attraction reviews
“Great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2012

Instructors, especially Shady are amazingly friendly and good, they put you at your ease and make you feel confident. We had an excellent expeirience.

Visited March 2012