“Sol y mar” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Sol Y Mar Sharks Bay Hotel

You added Sol Y Mar Sharks Bay Hotel to your Saves list
Sol Y Mar Sharks Bay Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2 B Entrance of Sharks Bay | North Naama Bay, Sharm El Sheikh 00328, Egypt   |
Ranked #30 of 226 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Newcastle upon Tyne, England, United Kingdom
“Sol y mar”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

We went to the Sol y Mar for new years eve, staying two weeks. The hotel was clean and the rooms spacious and pleasant enough but noisy, we were moved 3 times but the insulation was never adequate. The music/ animation does stop after 11:30 but when you are with children or if you fancy an early night it is not ideal.

The food, even if repetitive was very fresh and tasted nice. We have been to Sharm 4 times and the food was the best, more like fresh home cooking with what is available at the time, nothing too fancy but nice.

The reception staff and management were very pleasant and went out of their way to be helpful but most barmen will perform if tipped otherwise they can be quite rude

The pool is huge and has a selections of balls and lilos. It is clean too but freezing at that timeof the year. it is not heated contrary to what we were told.

This is a good choice for a cheap holiday. It is in par or slightly better than the other hotels we stayed in.You can go there knowing that the hotel and the food will be ok/ safe and the staff pleasant enough which is not always the case in Sharm!

The main problem of the hotel and why I would not pick it over the others is its location. You cannot venture anywhere by foot, it is located just off a very busy double carriage way. Do not take a hotel taxi, they are so expensive.. stand outside and a taxi will stop, give your price, for them to take it or leave it. we paid 50 egyptian pounds to go into Naarma bay and 25/ 30 to go to soho square. If you like your taxi driver, take is number and call him to be picked up each time, pay him on the return journey, they are very reliable (but rarely on time!)

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
SolYMarSharksBay, General Manager at Sol Y Mar Sharks Bay Hotel, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Dear Guests,

Thank you for choosing Sol Y Mar Sharks Bay Hotel to spend your holiday.
My team and I would also like to thank you for your critical and valued feedback. You have provided us with great motivation in our strive to continuously improve the service we offer.

“Customer Recommended”

These recognitions directly influence our commitment to further improvements in 2013.

We are looking forward to welcoming you soon

Ibrahim Khalil

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (408)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

I would not recommend booking this hotel if go to sharm there is so much better for the same money , the first room they put us in was filthy and everything was broke and shabby, cupboard doors hanging off etc they moved me to another room which was cleaner but they are all very basic with very small bathrooms. The hotel itself was clean but they advertise an a l carte restaurant and beauty salon these are all at the sister hotel not the hotel we were at . I was constantly pestered for massages and things from the salon and sold some stuff for my hair which was a total rip off they sell it at debenhams cheaper! We were all inclusive which was a joke we ended up eating and drinking out every night the entertainment was rubbish or non existent, food was bland and boring . Honestly it wasn't horrible but for what you get elsewhere I was very unimpressed so unless you get a very good deal then I wouldn't advise you go here I wouldn't want someone to save for a luxury holiday and book here you would be disappointed !!!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Sol Y Mar Sharks Bay Hotel to spend your holiday

My team and I would also like to thank you for your critical and valued feedback. We are extremely committed to delivering the perfect holiday experience for each and every guest.

I am sorry to hear that we didn't accomplish this for you and we welcome any suggestions for improving and developing our service. I would be very happy if you would meet me during your stay, so that I could assist you for your concerns. Please be sure that all your critical concerning to the service has been investigated and all improvements have been done.

I would like to seize the opportunity to draw your kind attention about following points :
We do have outdoor A'la Carte Restaurant at the pool; the place is at the service of our valued guests every evening. The Outdoor A'la Carte Restaurant is advertised at the different places such as reception and bars as well as in the welcome letter which is given to our guests upon check in. I wish you could enjoy our Outdoor A'la Carte Restaurant like our other guests.
We do have 14 different theme nights, in order to let our guest enjoy every day different cuisines and variety of the food. However especially our English Guests enjoy our food and appreciate our food quality and variety, I am sorry to know that you didn't enjoy. I and my team were at your service to fullfill your special food request such as vegetarian, diabetic.
As we advertise our hotel, our All Inclusive concept is between 09:00 till 00:00 midnight; our All Inclusive food service starts with breakfast from 07:00 till 10:00 including hot and cold drinks; then follows with the late brakfast, lunch, snack service at the pool and beach (beach located at our sister hotel) , coffee break, dinner and and ends with the late dinner from 23:00 till 00:00 midnight. Meanwhile our room service is available 24 hours for any order of our guest with reasonable cost.

Please contact me by e-mail gm@solymarsharksbay.com in order to discuss your impressions in more detail.

Once again, I apologize for any inconvenience caused to you and I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.

Conwy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Had a great week here at the beginning of March. This is a nice, quiet hotel which was a great place for a break away for a couple.

The room was comfortable with a nice big double bed. There was plenty of hot water and the room was spotlessly clean thanks to Yousef our cleaner.

The pool area was clean with attentive service from the pool bar. Emad who sells local excursions was very helpful and pleasant to deal with. We did a sand buggy excursion and Tiran Island trip which were good value.

The food in the main restaurant was very good, always appearing fresh and very tasty. Breakfast was as close to full English as you will get in Egypt, beef bacon and tasty home made baked beans with omelettes,eggs, pastries, yoghurts, cereals and fruit, a very wide selection. The food at the pool bar was also good and nice and hot.

The entertainment team worked hard but were let down by poor equipment and lack of support and could have been better. However we went to Soho Square and into Naama bay which are just a short taxi ride away. Soho square is LE40 in a taxi.

The staff were all very attentive with no problem having drinks brought to your table in the restaurant or by the pool.

Overall this was a good holiday and a relaxing change from our usual visit to aqu-blu-sharm-el-sheikh, but this was a holiday for two, not a family of four! Definitely a hotel we would return to.

• Stayed March 2013
Dear Guests,

Thank you for choosing Sol Y Mar Sharks Bay Hotel to spend your holiday. It is great pleasure to know that you had a memorableholidey with us. Please consicer that Sol Y Mar Sharks Bay is your address in Egypt.

We are looking forward to welcoming you soon

Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

What can i say about the SOL Y MAR Hotel ,great value for money , the staff were very helpful and nothing was too much trouble for them , rooms were cleaned everyday and the pool area was kept very clean by the pool staff , the restaurant was very welcoming and the food was varied and freshly cooked .The hotel manager Ibrahim Halil was always present around the hotel and went out of his way to make us welcome (asked how we were and how our stay was going) . the waiting staff from the pool bar , restaurant and upstairs bar were all very friendly and asked how you were and smiling which made the experience even more pleasant .... we stayed at the sol y mar from the 1st feb to the 15th feb , the hotel is small compared to most in sharm el sheikh but that made it more intimate and we got to know and make friends with alot of people staying there and have kept intouch since we returned . I would even say that there may be a sol y mar reunion next year for most of us .

shuttle bus available to the sister hotel to the beach and taxis to soho sq , old market and naama bay very reasonably priced with the hotel

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
SolYMarSharksBay, General Manager at Sol Y Mar Sharks Bay Hotel, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Dear Guests,

Thank you for choosing Sol Y Mar Sharks Bay to spend your holiday. We are very glad to know that you had a memorable holiday with us. We consider our guest as a member of our family, therefore we are always looking forward to meeting you again as soon as possible.

My team and I would also like to thank you for your valued feedback and compliments. You have provided us with great motivation to improve the service we offer.

Dundee, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

2nd trip to the sol y mar many changes in staff since last trip jan 2012. but this trip feb 2013 was just as good as last . the food is of a high standard head chef moh reahie and staff make sure every one is looked after . my sons girlfreind got a lovly cake and sung to by the staff on her 21st I also received the same the night after on my 50th (28th feb ). the cleaner of the room was good kept clean every day . yes you can,t mention everyone but one i must mention is emad kamel who looks after the excursions he is so freindly and helpful that it was a plessure to book more than one outing with him. last of all i must thank Ibrahim Halil Tasoyan general manager for the good service by all at the sol y mar . looking forward to my next trip jan 2014 suba diving already spoken to emad . so to any one looking for a cheerful and relaxing hotel please give the sol y mar a try. it is located middle distance from soho square and naama bay the hotel taxi service is a good price and never late the boss has a great humour so i will finish off this reveiw with a final thanks to all the staff . sorry almost forgot i was the silly scotsman enjoying the entertamement 27 feb getting everyone to take part thanks to the english lass that said (ever hotel should have someone like him in every hotel ) part 3 jan 6th 2014. BRIAN - SUSAN ROOM 333

Room Tip: the rooms a round 333 get a great veiw of the pool and a/c no noise would,nt want any other section
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Our Dear Guests,

Thank you for choosing again Sol Y Mar Sharks Bay to spend your holiday. It was a great to meet you one more time.I and my team are very glad to know that you had another memorable holiday with us. Please consider that Sol Y Mar Sharks bay is your home in Sharm El Sheikh.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

Just returned from the Sol Y Mar where my wife and I stayed for 10 nights. Food, service and standards of cleanliness were excellent throughout our stay. On our second night my wife was taken ill and was unwell for the remainder of the holiday. At first I thought that she was suffering from food poisoning but pretty quickly realised that as I and all other guests were OK it was probably something else. All staff were very sympathetic to our plight and could not do enough to try and help, including making our room up when it suited us not the hotel and bring what food my wife could eat to our room. They always enquired about my wifes health with genuine concern and our room boy, Mohammed obtained anti biotics for us from his pocket and would not take a reimbursement.
Upon our return to the UK a doctors visit was followed by a hospital stay where it was discovered my wife had an abcess on her appendix, a condition that would have occured anywhere. We were just very unlucky with our timing, but very fortunate that a) the abcess did not burst and b) we chose the Sol Y Mar and thier wonderfull staff.
Unfortunately, however we were dissapointed that the hotel was seemingly a 45 minute walk from Sharks Bay, but this wasn`t too bad in light of the circumstances of our stay

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

First of all I wish very fast recovery to your wife. I hope she is completely fine and very soon she will continue to enjoy Sol Y Mar Sharks Bay by coming back to sunny Sharm El Sheikh.

Thank you for choosing Sol Y Mar Sharks Bay Hotel to spend your holiday.

Felixstowe, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

We went on the 24th Feb and got back on Monday, was really impressed with this hotel, all the staff were very helpful, nothing was too much trouble. Our cleaner Yousser (Joseph) was really lovely, he made us different animals and love hearts out of towels on our beds each day, (our friends were really jealous cause they didn't get any!!) and the room was spotless, great food, lovely room and lovely staff made our holiday perfect. Oh by the way this hotel isn't on the beach but does have a sister hotel which is, with a free shuttle every half an hour this is a must. Would definitely return.

Room Tip: All rooms over look the pool.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
SolYMarSharksBay, General Manager at Sol Y Mar Sharks Bay Hotel, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Dear Guests,

Thank you for choosing Sol Y Mar Sharks Bay to spend your holiday. We are very glad to know that you had a memorable holiday with us. Please consider that Sol Y Mar Sharks bay is your address in Sharm El Sheikh.

Ibrahim Halil

Been to Sol Y Mar Sharks Bay Hotel? Share your experiences!