“5 star complex” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #149 of 226 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
essex
“5 star complex”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2008

Hotel had the wow factor, great rooms and great complex. Staff very friendly and helpful. Food plentyful but lacking in choice of meat and fish dishes, not 5 star food. Also nothing outside hotel could have done with some bars as hotel did not have to much in the way of entertainment so things got samey along with the food.

Stayed December 2008

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
  • Arabic first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Eastleigh
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2008

A very relaxing and enjoyable week
Room was spotless we had a problem with our shower but a phone call to reception and it was put right within 15minutes, we also had a sea view , there was a great selection of food and drinks we could not see how anyone could complain.
It was our first time in Egypt and we would certainly go again Restaurant very clean and staff were friendly but not over the top.

Doreen and Sally from Eastleigh in Hampshire

• Liked — everything
  • Disliked — people selling trips and other things on the beach
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
newcastle
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2008

5 star? You must be joking.

I would not go back if you paid me. Food was awful, I had cholic and gastrointeritus 3 days out of my 7 day holiday. When we told reception at the hotel they did not care, took zero responsibility for the poor hygeine and cooking conditions, and would not offer any compensation, quibbling over a £3 room service portion of chips, which I had no choice but to order as I could not leave my room. This was the only safe food I could eat due to their food poisoning. When we asked if the cost could be deducted from the bill they said no. We explained in England they would do anything to compensate you, we were responded with a' well this is not england' response.

The hotel claimed to be 5 star, minus 5 star if you ask me, the tiles were broken, grout dirty, no tea or coffee facilities in the room, and shoddy workmenship.

Beside the pool, which was fab to be fair it was rife with drunk, rude, and arrogant RUSSAINS. Out of my 7 days, which I spent 3 in bed, one group of people felt the need to beat up his girlfriend beside the pool. Fuelled by alchohol, which was not restricted by staff it was upsetting to watch. When explained, they did nothing about it, for example, stopping their alchohol intake.

The men were pervy and sleezy and had the ordasity to perve and try it on with me in front of my boyfriend. They plaugeud you beside the pool by asking you to pay for massage, and how much my boyfriend would sell me foe.

Naama bay. Why not go turkey and be oggledl. Horrendous, and very annoying.

Final point. When I was ill, we called the doctor, no bedside manner and had the cheek to ring the next room to see if the guest need him to come arround. What a money making scam.

Horrible place, do no go!!!!

Stayed October 2008
West London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2008

We stayed at this hotel for 10 days at the beginning of November and had a great time. Hotel staff were very friendly ( they love the English ), food was good, after a while it does become the same, but that is the same with every all inclusive resort.

Room was big and spacious and very clean, infact the whole hotel was spotless and there was always a cleaner around and I have to say this hotel could put some UK well known chains to shame for cleanliness. Hotel staff were so friendly and helpful .

I only have two complaints. Too many Russians, we must try to get a UK tour operator into the hotel to increase the UK occupancy.

Drink measures were small, each time you wanted a drink you needed to ask for two in order to have a decent sized drink, however no problem with going to the bar and getting as many drinks as you wanted.

I would say this hotel is more like a four star than five star, but has a fantastic layout with great facilities and the biggest swimming pools I have ever seen. If you can put up with the very rude and arrogant Russians you will have a great time. I would certainly recommend this hotel.

• Liked — clean rooms
  • Disliked — Too many Russians
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Brighton, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2008

Went for 9 nights booked last minute as a birthday present for my hubbies 40th. Got there, hotel was so busy, room nice with a distant seaview. Ushered to the restaurant and it was rather bewildering after a long day travelling - reminiscent of a school canteen, noisy, full of russians, chairs a bit grubby. Food was ok, i've been to sharm before so knew what to expect - you won't got hungry but its not a great way to end a day. Had a few drinks in the bar but our son was tired so early night - woke up to glorious sunshine. Breakfast better, not so busy, plenty of choice. We based ourselves by the top pool with the swim up bar - few british people around but not many but that didn't bother us. We then walked a little way to the beach - wow, absolutely stunning! the reef off the jetty was incredible and was the highlight of the holiday. Days basically spent at the pool, lunch at the other pool restaurant (pizza, pasta chips and salad every day) a snorkle, a nap and before you know it the sun goes down (about 4.30 ish, dark by 5.30). Great movie channels so shower (hot and plentiful) and settle down for a movie. We went to dinner at about 8, drink in the bar and then got a table outside away from the mayhem. We didn't eat much at dinner but it was ok, totally fed up with it by the end of the holiday to be honest.
Anyway, we had a great time - if your expectations aren't too high, you're tolerant of other nationalities and their funny ways, not too bothered about the food and lack of entertainment you'll have a lovely relaxing holiday. If you like really good food and entertainment pay extra (and you'll have to pay a lot extra as most hotels in sharm are the same foodwise) then go somewhere else. This is Egypt, not Europe, and you don't go for the food.
I would go back to Sharm but like to try new places so would probably try a different hotel. Oh and if the hotel managers read this - clean the upholstery in the restaurants, get more waiters to serve you during dinner so you don't have to keep getting up to get drinks, get more seating outside and another bar open in the evenings, stop the russians feeding the fish and damaging the reef, improve the food and you will have one of the best hotels in sharm. Just sort the restaurant out - its so letting you down.

• Liked — The pools and amazing coral reef
  • Disliked — Food could have been better, ok though - you won't starve!
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Continental Plaza Beach Resort? Share your experiences!