My husband and I have just returned from the Royal Savoy, and this hotel has just risen to the top of the list of places to return (well there are now 2 hotels on the list). All the staff were extremely friendly and helpful, from the pool side attendants who look after you throughout the day, the egg chef, who produced some delicious omelettes, scrambled and poached eggs for our breakfast, the waiters, the concierge team, the housekeeping team and the gardeners: they all deserve a mention.
There is a choice of 3 pools which are exclusive to Royal Savoy guests. The beach area is lovely with a pontoon which takes you out into the warm and clear waters of the Red Sea, where you can swim amongst the colourful fish. There is even a private beach area for the Royal Savoy.
The choice of restaurants is wide and varied within the hotel and also at Soho Square, where a 35% discount is offered to Royal Savoy guests. All the meals we had were good and the waiting staff friendly and attentive.
We didn’t go all inclusive (S class), but found that there were adequate snacks and drinks available throughout the day and with the 35% discount in most restaurants for our evening meal. Not wanting to start an S class war but, we felt that we wouldn’t have got value for money using S class.
The rooms were clean and the bed very comfortable. Fresh fruit and flowers were provided and we looked forward to the cakes and treats which were left for us in our room each day.
The courtesy airport transfer is also a must; George whisks you through, leaving those in the queues pondering just who those VIPs could possibly have been. From the hotel to airside was 35 minutes on the return.
One point to mention is that there is some building work going on at present to develop the new club house and reception area. This was only really intrusive on one day and sometimes provided amusing poolside entertainment!
We would highly recommend staying at the Royal Savoy and are already planning our return visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Savoy is an exclusive club wing, complete with its own private lounge, terrace, pool, and beach area. Created for guests who prefer to stay in a more intimate and secluded location within the grounds of the Savoy. The Royal Savoy offers rooms of exceptional grace and comfort, all providing views over Tiran islands or the hotel's landscaped gardens. The rooms range in size from the generous standard rooms, to the famous luxury Suites. All rooms are welcoming and capacious, offering an exceptional combination of style and function. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Venere, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your The Royal Savoy Sharm El Sheikh reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Savoy Sharm El Sheikh Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
- Royal Savoy Sharm El Sheikh