“Another fantastic Experience” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 232 hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
London, United Kingdom
“Another fantastic Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

Hadn't been back to Royal Savoy for just over a year.
Every time I've gone back it gets better. The Hotel is always improving itself not like some that rest on their Laurels.
The service and attentiveness by the staff is second to none.
Every detail to being whisked through the airport on arrival to departure is 7* , The food was amazing seriously every mouthful in every restaurant , did the stake house, the Indian, the Chinese , the Thai, The Teppanyaki was off the charts what an incredible Chef a true Amazing Experience the food just Wow , the Italian restaurant was spot on also.

Stayed in the new wing that was being built last time I was in RS. Was gobsmacked beautiful rooms not like the last time was shabby.
The staff are wonderful , there is not one thing I could fault.
I've been to a lot of country's and Hotels all around the World. The Royal really would take some beating but if it did you'd be looking at spending maybe £10,000 a week to experience the same.
This really is a true Jem only thing is with only 40 plus rooms once word is out will be difficult to get in or the prices might shoot up.
Right now it is the Best in Sharm , can't believe it's not No 1 on trip-advisor it should be.
The private beach being served all day. The beautiful Rooms, The excellent Restaurants, The wonderful Gardens, The wonderful private pools in RS, The great Staff, Great maid from Philippines Chantelle, the great snorkelling , No kids running around, very tranquil place.
would I recommend 100% will I be back God willing 100% .
I'd like to thank the staff for your wonderful work . Nothing was too much.

Room Tip: Ask to stay in The New Wing of Royal Savoy. I stayed in room 4140 friend of mine was in 4139 both...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Hany A, Royal Savoy Manager at The Royal Savoy Sharm El Sheikh, responded to this review, February 14, 2014
Dear Guest,
We are delighted that we seem to be improving every time you come back – after all, that is our aim. I don’t think any hotel could claim to be perfect but if we keep aiming for perfection we won’t be too far short.
Thank you for the taking the time to write this lovely review and we hope to see you back soon to enjoy more improvements.

827 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (176)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Wiltshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

The best thing was being whizzed through immigration like Royalty. And on the way home too. The Royal Savoy is supposed to be the elite 'club' section of the Savoy. The rooms are delightful, and the bathrooms very luxurious. The reception and lounge are quite mean in comparison, but I know they're building new areas, so I'm sure they'll be more impressive in a few months. The service was amazing: very attentive without being stifling, nothing was too much trouble, and everyone smiled and nodded. The guys by the pool were really charming and professional. Farag, the breakfast chef, was delightful. His 'special' egg concoctions were delicious. But the 'bacon' and sausages looked pretty gross - I didn't try them. Lunch was all a bit hit-and-miss. Some of it was great, but the service seemed incredibly slow. Loved the Safari Bar. Spent a lot of time there! Early January is a quiet period in Sharm, so Soho Square wasn't as buzzy as I was expecting. We had excellent meals at Luxor, Mai Thai and particularly the Indian. The steak place wasn't great, and the Chinese was pretty ordinary. All in all, a great place to go for guaranteed sunshine, close to the UK, but I wouldn't go for a whole week again; I think four or five days is plenty. Incidentally, the Indian waiter (sorry, forget your name, but he looked like Lewis Hamilton) was really excellent. He was one of the stars of the resort, as well as Mohammed (sp?) by the pool. My husband and I were disappointed that the sun goes down at 4.30 in early January - it makes a short day. If I went again I would probably go in March.

Room Tip: The second floor rooms have a great view of the main pool area, but that might get a bit noisy in pe...
Dear Guest,
I’m delighted that you enjoyed your stay here. The pick-up at the airport is an invaluable start to the relaxation process so I’m pleased that you booked it in advance. Thank you for the lovely comments about our rooms and our service – our staff are the best trained in Sharm El Sheikh. Well, we think so anyway!
Within the Savoy Group we have 14 à la carte restaurants, several buffet restaurants and umpteen snack and light meal outlets. As we cater for several different nationalities, the range of food and cuisines we offer is extremely extensive, so if you did find a couple of items that were not to your liking then there would have been so many other things to choose from.
You don’t offer an explanation of why you weren’t so keen on L’Entrecôte, the steak house in Soho Square which usually gets rave reviews so I’m very surprised about that. The Chinese restaurant, Zen, is also very popular. I’m glad you enjoyed the other ones.
In March the days are certainly longer so hopefully we will have the pleasure of your company then.
Malvern, Worcestershire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

Where to start....we already know about the fantastic airport service, we've already discussed in previous reviews the sublime service everyone recieves, what more could I possibly review after numerous visits to the Royal Savoy.
I'd like to just take a moment to say that despite the troubles that Eygpt are going through in Cairo they by no means effect Sharm el Sheik...I walk around the hotel and Soho square on my own without a worry, it is very safe.
I'd also like to mention the wonderful Spa at the RS. I've had some fantastic Thai massages with Tammi who's an absolute little miracle with her hands.ive had massages in many countries but she is by far the best.The gym is top notch too if like my other half you're inclined to keep up your fitness regime on holiday.
But as I always say about this hotel and complex, it's the people who make this place special. from the RS manager Hany to Bishoy,Farag,M.Said,Lauren and George, and I'm not going to forget to mention Housekeeping who do a fantastic job.
Another visit planned for July...

Dear Guest,
Thank you for the wonderful review and for reminding the readers that there are no security issues in Sharm El Sheikh. Despite the fact that we have never experienced any unrest here we still have a sizeable national security presence although you really don’t see them. We are all free to roam and meander as we please but are being well looked after.
Relaxing is perhaps one of the most integral parts of a holiday and if you like to spend some time in the spa then you will love ours with its highly trained staff and wide variety of pampering treatments.
All those members of staff you have thanked are delighted to have been part of your wonderful holiday and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Devizes
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

A nice hotel, let down by some truly awful meals. The room was fine; the staff excellent; the sun shone....but some of our culinary experiences were dire. All the restaurants are shared with The Savoy: the main restaurant, The Tirana, is like a school canteen buffet - lots of metal lidded trays with food steaming away underneath, and quantity rather than quality. 'Seafood Island' served a Lobster Bisque which was disgusting: the weak fish stock base tasted of chlorine, and, on complaining, the manager brought me another bowlful!

A 'Roast Beef' sandwich in the Pool Bar contained something resembling shoe leather, but not as tender. I simply can't imagine how beef had been turned into these strips of dessicated material. How any chef could allow this to leave his kitchen, beggars belief... I could go on, sadly.

We were on 'All Inclusive' which is a waste of money, unless you have a serious wine habit. The House Wine was £30+ a bottle, and everything else carried a supplement. The food itself is pub grub priced, and some of it was excellent. Of all the restaurants in Soho Square, we found the Indian the best. The steaks at L'Entrecote were a let-down, even the Wagu - with a supplement - was inconsistent. Two of the in-hotel restaurants were closed, presumably because the hotels were only 30% occupied.

The Royal Savoy suffers at the moment from the lack of a decent reception area; a pokey bar; and a semi-enclosed breakfast area. There is some serious building work going on, which I presume will remedy this. The meet and greet service at the airport was excellent, but there really wasn't enough extra special to justify the premium over Tha Savoy, on the same site.

The upside was the service - friendly, reliable, and efficient.

Would we go back? Possibly to S-e-S, but not to the Royal Savoy.

Room Tip: Keep away from the building works.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Hany A, Royal Savoy Manager at The Royal Savoy Sharm El Sheikh, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for the kind words about our staff and our service – we work hard to maintain these high standards. Regrettably, you were not so happy about several other aspects of your stay. Equally regrettably, during your stay here you did not mention any of the above to our receptionists, our Guest Relations team who checked in with you every day or to me. If we had heard that things were not going so well for you there is a lot we could have done but we were not allowed that opportunity.
With regard to the “metal-lidded trays” in the Tirana buffet restaurant I regret to say that we do not have any. Not one. We do have roll-top domed stainless steel chafing dishes keeping the buffet food piping hot and our buffet food will rival any hotel buffet in Sharm for variety and quality. If you wanted à la carte food then you would not go to anybody’s buffet restaurant.
I’m sorry you didn’t like the subtle flavours of the lobster bisque. We don’t put chlorine in it.
We make anywhere between 10 to 15 roast beef sandwiches every day at the pool bar and have never received any complaints before so we will pass your comments on to chef in case he allowed a substandard piece of beef to go through.
The all-inclusive can be a very good deal for some people whilst others may find half board or even B&B more appropriate. We offer the options and the guests can choose. It’s a shame that you felt that you wasted your money but perhaps the B&B would have been a better option for you. By the way, very few items carry a supplement when you are on the all-inclusive board basis.
You do not say why you were dissatisfied with the steaks in L’Entrecôte. We serve between 80 and 120 guests every evening, the vast majority of whom order steaks. Again we seldom have any negative feedback but I shall pass your comments regarding lack of consistency on to Chef.
We do not expect our guests to spend long in our reception area. You will recall that your check-in was done in the comfort of the Royal Savoy lounge where you were offered either hot or cold towels (depending on the weather) and a drink of your choice. However, you are correct in that we have nearly finished building a new reception and lounge area. All the noisy work has been completed and we are simply doing the light decorative work and the finishing touches in order to improve the guest experience.
If you should decide to return to Sharm EL Sheikh I would urge you take another look at the Royal Savoy and get in contact with me before you book as I have no doubt that we would be able to change your mind.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

We have had another very good holiday in this fabulous resort.

We particularly appreciated the 6* service we got consistently during the whole holiday. From the help through customs in the airport and transfers, Samuel's help- friendliness and attention to detail, Michael and Lauren (always friendly, helpful and efficient), the waiters in the RS bistro area and in the beach...

Very good room with jacuzzi, good beach (the sun beds could improve with comfy matresses although Mohammed help us with plenty of towels), good food (we particularly liked the Italian terrace, the hot rock and the Indian), good gym and spa, beautiful gardens...

We are very grateful to the outstanding staff in the RS for another exquisite holiday and will be coming back again next year

Dear Guest,
Thank you for the lovely review and the suggestions. We will pass them on to the recreation department for their consideration. It sounds like you had all the ingredients for a totally relaxing holiday. I’m pleased we were able to meet your expectations and perhaps even exceed them.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

Went to the Royal Savoy in January 2014 staying in a Junior Suite.

Firstly can I say that. despite the political problems in Egypt, there was no evidence of this in Sharm. Everyone was friendly and happy to see tourists arriving. Don't let the news scare you off. Sharm and the main resorts are perfectly safe to visit!

Now, back to the review....

Where do I start? The whole experience was wonderful!
Firstly we were met off the plane and fast tracked through passport and customs! No queuing required. Next, a car met us at the terminal door and whisked us straight to the hotel, with complementary water for the trip (10 mins).

There is a dedicated reception for Royal Savoy, so it was through the door, into the lounge and have a drink whilst the paperwork was sorted by the staff. One signature and a credit card swipe later, and we were all done.

When we saw the room, I was amazed! It was fabulous. There was a 4 poster bed sofa, Jacuzzi, DVD player and big LCD tv and mini bar (in the all inclusive) in the main bedroom as well as a sofa, desk and so on. The bathroom was the best I have ever seen in a hotel. Plenty of space, good finish and a HUGE walk in shower.

The room was located at a quiet part of the hotel, away from the pool bars, yet still gave a great sea and pool view from the large balcony without being far from the action.

The hotel offers free WiFi for those in the Royal Savoy which I found to be both stable and fast. My only comment would be that having to get a card every day (24 hours duration) was a bit of a pain and it might be worth seeing if you can do them for the duration of the stay.

The resort offers a wide range of restaurants (14 from memory) with food ranging from Indian through Chinese to the best steak I have ever tasted. Drinks on the all inclusive are not local hooch, but big brands like Gordons and Johnny Walker, although whilst we were there, there
seemed to be a shortage of Dissarano! The local beer is quite drinkable as it is brewed by Heineken anyway!

The staff are fantastic and cannot do enough for you, although I did find that being taken to one of the restaurants in a golf buggy was a bit embarrassing (200m walk) but they offered so it would have been rude to refuse!

One thing I did appreciate is that the cleaners, when confronted with a "Do not Disturb" sign, did not disturb! It is a small thing, but we like to sleep in when on holiday so being left to do that was fantastic.

Leaving was a better experience still (read on and this statement will make more sense!)
Your luggage is taken into the airport for you, and once again you are fast tracked through passport control, checking in and security and all the paperwork is done for you. Once again this is a small thing but it all adds to the experience, not having to stand in queues with 300 other passengers!

Staff I would specifically like to thank:-

Mohammad in the Steak House for looking after us and making sure there was a table available when we wanted one.

Lauren and Michael in the Royal Savoy reception. They ensured that we were looked after and dealt with restaurant bookings, trip bookings and generally making sure we had a great time.

Mohammad in the Safari Bar for the prompt and thoughtful service.

All the staff in the pool bar for great service and keeping the Strawberry Daiquiris coming (you have to try them!)

Overall it was a wonderful experience. Not cheap, but you get what you pay for! We're planning a return trip in April if all goes to plan. I can't wait!

Dear Guest,
Thank you for such a lovely review and thank you for taking the time to write it and share your experience with the other readers. It is indeed the little things that make a huge difference and our airport meet and greet facility is another one of those “small things” that sets us apart in terms of service and the overall guest experience. Add the amazing Soho Square and all the restaurants, cafés, bars and entertainment that it has to offer and our guests do not have to stray far from the hotel if they don’t want to.
I’m delighted that our reception staff looked after you in the Royal way and made your stay with us so good that you “can’t wait till April”. We also look forward to welcoming you back in April.
Isle of Wight, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

The Royal Savoy truly lived up to all the reviews I had read before booking my week with them. A little part of me couldn't help but wonder how come every review raved about the location, rooms and staff?? Surely there was 1 soul who had some grumbles??? Could it really be that good that it suited all walks of society??
Well here I am stating a resounding yes!!!!
From the minute you enter the building you feel you are part of a tranquil, relaxed, private club! The staff from the janitor to the manager have welcoming smiles and nothing is too much time, trouble or bother. I took my elderly mother for our usual winter jolly and she was absolutely taken with everything and everyone. We both found that with the Royal Savoy being a small 'wing' of the much larger Savoy it had just the right balance of intimacy and privacy. We also found the fellow guests warm and friendly and I would quite happily travel here alone and wouldn't feel isolated or lonely! Will definitely return!
P.S, Loved the spa!!!!!!

Room Tip: If you have an quirks or queries just drop them a line before you go and they will truly try to acco...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Hany A, Royal Savoy Manager at The Royal Savoy Sharm El Sheikh, responded to this review, January 31, 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write and post your review. We are delighted that you and your mother enjoyed our exclusive and intimate environment that we try to foster in order to help our guests unwind and relax.
Your tip is also a very valid one. If there are any special requirements then please do not hesitate to email ahead and we will always do our best to accommodate them.
Looking forward to welcoming you back soon.
Royal Savoy Manager

Been to The Royal Savoy Sharm El Sheikh? Share your experiences!