“Outstanding hotel, amazing staff.” 5 of 5 stars

Announcement
RS Morning Room & Lounge
Ranked #4 of 228 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Brentwood, England, United Kingdom
“Outstanding hotel, amazing staff.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

My boyfriend and I just returned from a week long holiday at the Royal Savoy, and I can't stress enough how much we wanted to stay longer. The staff were amazing, nothing was too much hassle. In response to the negative reviews I read before we arrived, I'd say that if you're not completely happy with any aspect of your stay, just tell them. The staff are brilliant and will always go out of their way to help with any concerns you may have.

Our stay was faultless from beginning to end. We were picked up from the airport by a very polite driver, met at reception by Samuel (one of the nicest and most helpful men I've ever met) and shown to our room which had a hot tub and King size four poster bed, with a balcony overlooking the main pool. There are three private pools to choose from, a private area of the beach, and 20 restaurants in the hotel and Soho Square. The Steak House is brilliant and we went there three times during our stay.

There's been a lot of bad press about Egypt lately, but we never felt unsafe at all. Please don't think twice- stay at the Royal Savoy and you won't regret it.

Massive thanks to all the staff at RS for their hospitality.

Miss Tyler and Mr Tiago

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Rabieva Nastasy... R, Royal Savoy Manager at The Royal Savoy Sharm El Sheikh, responded to this review, March 23, 2013
Dear Guests,

I would like to cordially thank you for your very positive summary referring to your recent stay at The Royal Savoy Hotel. We are delighted that you liked our resort with all its facilities and services.

We are very pleased that you enjoyed SOHO square “the place to chillax”, and you experienced the feeling of safety in the area. We are also happy to know that L’Entrecôte Restaurant (Steak House) is one of your favorite places and we shall pass them your feedback

We are delighted to read that the service and attitude of our staff met your expectations; we are indeed fortunate and very proud of our associates.
Once again, we would like to thank you for recommending our property and we look forward to welcoming you in the near future.

Warmest regards,
Royal Savoy Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (205)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Hull
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

I would like to take this opportunity to thank the entire staff at the Royal Savoy for making our holiday absolutely fantastic and a holiday I'll remember for a long time, I returned on the 17th March having spent a week in a junior suite ( an upgrade for our anniversary ) from the moment we arrived we were treated like royalty ourselves and every member of their finely picked staff were brilliant from the manager to the room cleaner, I cannot put into words everything they did for us but they made sure we wanted for nothing without being over bearing they were very discrete, courteous, friendly attentive polite, and made sure we had a fantastic holiday, The one thing they are in the process of rectifying is the new lobby and reception area which should be ready by Christmas and that will add further quality, The Royal is in the grounds of the Savoy and is a small 5* boutique hotel with all the facilities of 5* luxury resort in the Savoy at your disposal, The room was superb with a four poster bed at least 6ft wide, flat screen tv Internet, writing table and a small eating area where we were left delicious cakes every day, also had a double jacuzzi in the bedroom, superb bathroom with Crabtree & Everlyn toiletries bathrobe slippers etc, Our balcony had two comfortable chairs overlooking the Savoy swimming pools and side sea view, The Royal has 3 pools all private to Royal guest and no children ! Also a private beach reserved only for Royal guests also no Children to disturb your peace and tranquility, We opted for s.class fully inclusive which gave us the use of the bars and restaurants in Soho square as well as the ones in the hotel, Overall this was a fantastic holiday which unfortunaly passed too quickly even on our departure we were taken in the Royals private car and treated to V.I.P treatment by being taken straight to the front of the of baggage drop off our rep filled in the departure visa and whisked us through to the duty free area, so all in all 15 mins from hotel to duty free ! thanks also to Katie Kirk of travel counsellors who tailor made this holiday for us, A truly Royal experience !!!!

Room Tip: Ask for the newly furnished rooms Stunning !
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guests,

We would like to thank you very much for your positive review about your recent stay at The Royal Savoy Hotel.

It is really a great pleasure for us to know that you have had an enjoyable holiday at our hotel and that we were able to meet your expectations. It is fantastic to hear that our resort, with its facilities and services was to your satisfaction and that you enjoyed your stay.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Warmest regards,
west sussex
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

My Husband and I have recently returned from another fantastic stay at The Royal Savoy Hotel in Sharm. As you will see from many previous reviews, we are very satisfied guests of this charming place. It is difficult to know what to say that we haven't already said before. Everything was as perfect as always. The weather, the food, the service, the room, the shopping, entertainment and nightlife in Soho Square and most importantly the staff! This time we decided to go for the New Year and attended the New Years Eve party that is held in the Egyptian Hall. WOW! it was amazing and no exaggeration to say that it was the best NYE party we have ever attended. The decor was spectacular, really beautiful. There was a fantastic mixture of entertainment all evening, hosted by the very charming Ramy Rizkallah. The food was a buffet and there was so much of it that it was served in an adjoining room. Every course was of superb taste and quality with plenty of chefs on hand to help or advise. We are already planning out next trip!
There has been a lot of talk lately about how safe Egypt is to visit, so I would like to take this opportunity now to say that there is absolutely NOTHING to worry about in Sharm el Sheikh (or anywhere else for that matter) It is perfectly safe. My husband and I were even in Sharm during the revolution and there was nothing to see or feel nervous about even then.
If you are considering Sharm but perhaps a little unsure then please don't be. It's a lovely sunny, warm, friendly and peaceful destination and should you choose the Royal Savoy, I am very sure you will be returning back as soon as you can.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Rabieva Nastasy... R, Royal Savoy Manager at The Royal Savoy Sharm El Sheikh, responded to this review, April 6, 2013
Dear Guests
We would like to thank you very much for your very positive review about your stay at The Royal Savoy Hotel.

Our New Year’s Eve party was spectacular indeed. It was held in the Egyptian Hall and we had some amazing entertainment including our Oriental Takhet & Live lute music, the Chinese Circus Show, the Las Vegas Show and the Palenke Band. Our chefs did a great job too but behind the scenes.

Many of these acts and lots more appear regularly on stage at Soho Square, just a short walk or club car ride from the Royal Savoy. Don’t forget that we also have a superb array of artistes and musicians who perform at our restaurants and bars while you unwind.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

My wife and I returned on February 19 for another 13 day stay and we were delighted with the welcome we received from the excellent staff at this super hotel, it is almost like being one of the family!
We are mature adults and look for a relaxing break and this hotel certainly provides the ideal location for that

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guests,
We would like to thank you for your feedback on our hotel, and for you to know that it was our pleasure to have you here as our guests. We are very happy to hear that we provided you with exactly what you needed and we would love to see you here again in the not-too-distant future.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013 via mobile

I Would like to take this opportunity to put pen to paper and THANK YOU all at the Royal Savoy for our pleasent stay and experience during our holidays. There have been many highs and a few minor lows but they were resolved very quickly.

I must say that we had an excellent time, the customer service from all staff was superb and could not fault anyone. We were made to feel like royalty everywhere we went and this was amazing.

The rooms and hotel were really nice and clean, the view and room were perfect overlooking the pools and the sea, nighttime was def a sight to see with the pools lit up glowing up the place with beauty.

The private lounge was really good place to relax, have a drink and even for complimentary cocktails in the evening. Canopy's were beautifu esp the desertsl.

The private pools and beaches were so relaxing we could spend hours here, the staff did all they can with keeping your drinks topped up and ensuring you have all you need inc food if required.

On Heenas birthday ALL the staff went out of their way to make her day very special.. From Farag with the happy birthday message on the breakfast plate all the way to Hany arranging birthday surprises. the staff at the seafood restaurant were excellent giving us private area decorated with ballons and cake, heena was almost in tears of happiness and says its best birthday ever. I cannot THANK YOU all enough. This was quality service.

I would personally like to mention a few people that actually made the stay that EXTRA bit special and I would request they are all rewarded or given achievement due to this?

- Samual (welcome and reception) - Samual was a very pleasant welcoming host, he was always on hand to provide any service and always had a smile and time to talk. He happily arranged our private transfers and even made apecial arrangements workinh with hany for late checkout. He is the perfect host and excellent person, always looking for ways to make out stay that bit more enjoyable. Thank you Samual you are a STAR.

- Nashant - Very friendly person who was willing to drive us anywhere, also always stayed and had a nice chat with us... On first day arrival he made us feel at home.

- Farag (private lounge chef) - well what can I say, Farag is the most genuine person I have met, he abosolutely makes the best eggs/omelette I have EVER tasted, he also goes over and beyond the call of duty by trying to find me the hottest chillis to eat with my omelette, this shows true customer service dedication. He deserves am achievement award. His Canopys are fabulous tasty and also very well made, matched and fully complementary

- Hany and Amir (cave bar) Hany made me shishas everyday, he is very friendly person and we had a good laugh.... Would like to thank him for Making every day pleasent enjoyable and also put on films every night for us as we wished.

- Muhammad (private pool area) always welcomed us and provided VIP service, even knew what drinks we wanted and automatically brings them.... Always there to help

- Hany (manager) -very helpful and helped us resolve a problem quickly and make me very very happy. Also looked after us all the time inc Heena birthday by arranging dinner and birthday surprises which was out of this world. Many Thanks Hany

- Julia (spa and massage) for giving best massage and black Nile mud treatment for us during our stay, this was one if best we've had. Many Thanks

There are a few recommendations I would make thou that I feel could improve the experience:
1) need better restaurants, the food was average in soho and savoy, Maybe a private michellen starred restaurant for royal savoy guests should be created where the guests can talk to chef and he can prepare special dishes as per your liking? This would make the royal stay that bit special. The seafood restaurant was our best ones.

2) guided tours around the hotel ie maybe once a day for all guests as we got lost a few times (even in groups)

3) hotel entertainment for evening, I couldn't find any except in soho square but they weren't great!

Additionally the hotel provided shuttle service to namma bay which was extremely safe way to travel, I felt very safe in company of hotel staff rather than taxi touts.

Quad biking is a MUST but arrange through a safe agent recommended by hotel, we had great views in centre of desert and the quad facilitators ensured safety was there number 1 priority we felt so safe and secure(booked through bright sky travel).

Overall was a great and excellent experience and I would definitely return and recommend Royal Savoy to my friends and family. The location of the hotel was Superb walking distance to shops and entertainment of soho square which is very safe and hassle free. Everything u will need is available here no need to venture. slightly more money than others but well worth every penny.

Sharm is a most beautiful place and royal savoy lives up to moto "City of Peace"

MANY MANY THANKS TO ALL AND SEE YOU AGAIN SOON!

Vickas And Heena Chudasama (London UK)

• Stayed March 2013
Dear Guests,
We would like to express our pleasure that you chose our resort for such a special occasion.
Many thanks for taking the time to write this review and post it on the website. The Royal Savoy Team is very proud to know that they lived up to your expectations and satisfaction.
We are very concerned to read about your inconveniences that are duly noted. Kindly be assured, that these issues have been passed on to the relevant departments for their immediate attention.
Your glowing compliments will be passed on to the staff. Again we would like to thank you for your comments about how safe you felt all over the resort – we hope that this will help undecided vacationers select our hotel for their forthcoming vacation.
We look forward to your return visit to pamper you once more with great hospitality
Best regards
Richmond upon Thames, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

It’s not often I write holiday reviews, in fact this is my first on here, but I felt that, this time, the experience that I have just relished is worth mentioning to others.

I wont bore you all with the reason I ended up at the Royal Savoy, save to say I arrived in a taxi in a somewhat hot, frazzled and disheveled state.

Immediately I had bags removed from me, and was placed in a golf buggy and driven to the main entrance of the Royal where I was greeted with a level of professionalism and courtesy I have not experienced in 15 years of going to Hotels in and around Sharm.

I was ushered into the cool of the private lounge and given, quite stunning, drinks and canapés, whilst my ‘requirements’ were taken and the room and package agreed and very quickly organized.

I chose the all inclusive ‘S Class’ along with a sea view and within minutes I was standing on the balcony of a superb room, certainly 5* even by European standards, gazing over not only the 3 main Savoy swimming pools, but also the private pools of the Royal and with the Red Sea twinkling in the near distance.

It’s a small wing of the Savoy Hotel – which is superb in its own right – with a mere 24 rooms. The room was immaculate. Clean, cool, everything working, large flat screen, ‘proper’ high speed broadband (which didn’t drop out, ever) and an amazingly comfortable 4 poster bed which was more than 6 feet wide. Bathroom had a decent sized bath with shower and twin sinks and was exactly what I expected from a top end hotel.

As you are in the Royal Savoy, you have the option of sitting around the main Savoy hotel pools, which are very child friendly and have an exceptional level of service themselves, but I chose to visit the Royals private area – with no children under 12 allowed, it’s a popular choice for people like me who struggle a bit with crying and noisy infants – although it is here that I mention the Savoy itself seems to be a VERY child friendly hotel, with dedicated shallow pools, child care, play centers and activities – certainly a place I would take my children (just not in July / August due to the heat).

Three pools, sauna, steam room and hot tub are all at your disposal at the Royal and are watched over by staff who have not only perfected the ability to be just attentive enough, but also almost capable of reading your mind and arrive, quietly, by your side that exact moment you feel like a coffee, cold drink or another glass of the splendid sparling rosé that is constantly available on tap.

Moving to the Private beach, accessible only by Royal customers and alongside the main Savoy beach, this pampering continued with more dedicated staff and private bar. Of particular note were the gazebo tent structures, which are situated perfectly for a post lunch read or snooze to keep out of the hottest part of the day.

Towels arrive, sunglasses are cleaned, beds rotated with the sun and umbrellas raised to ensure you want for nothing and are exceedingly relaxed. As part of the Royal package, you can opt for pedicures, Spa treatments, massages, the list goes on and on….

All the staff were incredible, whichever part of the hotel, restaurant, pool area or beach you were in.

On the food front, I was immensely impressed. I lunched everyday at the seafood restaurant, overlooking the beach and Red Sea. The menu was vast – I had the grilled seafood platter, grilled Sea Bass and even lobster one day. The (local) wines are surprisingly good too, Cape Bay white was eminently quaffable…

Evening meals were taken in one of the many restaurants in or around the Savoy and also in the Soho Square area just outside of the hotel. Huge fillet steaks, Wagyu beef, fantastic teppanyaki and Italian restaurants – its all there, and is pretty much London quality. I real eye opener given other places I have visited.

I will also add that it is genuinely all inclusive. Fizz, Wine, beer, G&Ts, food – everything. There is no limit, although there was a very small surcharge for the fresh lobster.

Transfers to and from the airport are organized seamlessly. They will even get you through to the check in desk…

Overall it’s one of the best holidays I have ever had. Simply stunning hotel, amazing levels of service and comfort, quite fantastic food and just that all around relaxed feeling which began 5 minutes after I arrived and is still with me now, having been back for some 24 hours.

Pictures to follow are from an iphone – so not the best – but hopefully capture some of the more salient points from the stay.

Oh, I’m not going to reveal my room number or recommend that you stay in that room – its all mine ! and I am going back in a couple of months and need to have it available!

Room Tip: All the rooms are superb, I was shown a couple. Definitely go all inclusive, it may seem expensive...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Dear Guest,
We would like to thank you for taking the time to write this wonderful review of your recent stay at The Royal Savoy Sharm El Sheikh.
Your comments are very much appreciated and we would be more than pleased to welcome you back again in a couple of months.
Bolton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

When we visited the Royal Savoy last October it was to be a "holiday of a lifetime" We'd never done anything like this before and it was a huge treat. We enjoyed it so much that within a fortnight of getting home we'd booked a return trip in February. We used our Savoy Points to upgrade to Half board and then paid a small supplement to upgrade again to dine around. As so much is included in the royal BB rate, this was perfectly adequate. The only extras we paid for (other than Entrecote) was a bottle of wine at night (which is expensive: a bottle that would cost about £4 in a supermarket costs about £30 and a £10 bottle about £70)

The staff seemed to be so pleased to see us back. Everyone personally came to us and said, "Welcome back to the Royal Savoy". It really did feel like we'd not been away and the stresses of home and work melted away within minutes. Everything was perfect and we're looking forward to returning again before a year goes by. This time we had an ordinary room rather than a suite. It was perfectly fine although if you are short and have any reduced mobility you may prefer the walk in showers that are available in the suites as the baths are quite high to step into. The supplement for a jnr suite varies but is often a couple of hundred pounds for a week so check to see if its worth it for you.

The managers have promised to review the fact that they have recently stopped using mattresses on the beach sun-loungers. This is a must and was the reason we stayed by the pool instead of going to the beautiful private beach area as we've both got creaky bones! Lets hope its sorted quickly - there are lots of beak suitable mattreesses available for them to choose from.

Its a shame that the Entrecote restaurant is no longer a full part of S-class or dine around. It was our favourite last time and now the deal is 50% reduction on food. We still went though:) and we were not disappointed. Our other favourite this time was the japanese tepanaki.

Security, as ever, is tight and every night when we returned to our room we were stopped to check who we were. This was very re-assuring and wasn't intrusive. I really dont think there is a need to worry about the troubles if you are intending to stay in the hotel/ local area.

One last tip- even if you are booked on a package tour incl transfers do call/ email ahead and they will arrange a private transfer for you. This is so very welcome after the flight as the person who collects you will bypass all the hassle and queues.

Whilst we were there the wonderful Ana took us to show us the new executive suites that are ready and about to come into use. They're very nice-one and two bed options and a couple have their own hot tubs. . We also went to a reception in one of the villas- stuff to dream about! Well done again Royal Savoy....we will be back!

Room Tip: all the rooms are great. suites and jnr suites have walk in showers.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guests,
Thank you for your very kind words that you have taking your time to write here on this site.
With regards to the prices of alcoholic drinks, we only select the finest products and services for our guests and this, combined with our intensive training schedule and high standards of hygiene expected by our guests means that we have high overheads.to cover.
It’s really a great pleasure for us that you spent a lovely holiday at our property and that we could meet your expectations and good to hear that our resort with all its facilities and services were to your satisfaction and that you enjoyed your stay.

Best Regards.
Royal Savoy Manager

Been to The Royal Savoy Sharm El Sheikh? Share your experiences!