“Thank You for another AMAZING Holiday” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Grand Hotel Sharm El Sheikh

You added The Grand Hotel Sharm El Sheikh to your Saves list
The Grand Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
5.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   El Fanar Street | Ras Um El Sid, Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt   |
Ranked #61 of 226 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
kingston upon hull
“Thank You for another AMAZING Holiday”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

This was our 3rd time at the Grand Hotel Sharm el Sheikh in 2 years and we can honestly say the Hotel NEVER disappoints us. Each time we visit we enjoy it better than the last time!!. The staff are always friendly with smiles on their faces and not one of them approaches you without a 'good morning' or 'have a nice day' being spoken.whether it be a gardener, cleaner, waiter or the Management. We really can't understand some of the reviews that say the staff are rude as we never came across one member of staff who wasn't pleasant. In fact since the new General Manager, Micheal Booker has taken over we believe the staff seem so much happier in their work than our previous visits. We visited all of the A la Carte restaurants, Mohammed the Restaurant Manager in the Fusion is so professional in his role and his waiters catered to our every need ( dooooouck ) . Bassem the waiter in the Olive will become an excellent Restaurant Manager , his attention to detail is second to none and even arranged for something to be cooked separately for our friend who likes boring food! Our thanks also to the Olive chef for doing this . The Mexican was new to us but what can we say What A Night! The food is Amazing and Thank You for our welcome back we will never eat Fajitas again without thinking of you Guys just a shame we didn't bring our camera along that night. The Oriental Night is well worth paying the extra for, the Egyptian food just keeps being served to your table and the entertainment just finishes the night off.Watch out for Samir shaking his butt!! he really knows how to make sure everyone has a good time. Our room was in Block 3 nearer to the Reef Restaurant for breakfast and Mohammed our waiter outside was again so efficient and very good at his job and also very friendly. The room was kept spotlessly clean and always plenty of clean towels and beach towels changed every evening. There are loads of pools and always sunbeds available. Alaa was our Pool Boy and he never stops working whether he is attending to the pool , tidying the pool area or serving your drinks he never stops, once he knows what you drink you never need to move from your sunbed and I can assure you your glass will never be empty. The Mangement are always around the complex and are very approachable, in fact they encourage you to give them feedback on your holiday, so why some people just wait until they get home to express their negative reviews on Tripadvisor astounds us. The Management would go out of their way to make sure everyone has a good holiday so speak to them if you have problems. Mr Booker we can't fault your Hotel. Please pass on our Best Regards to all your Staff and keep up the good work. We will see you again in September or October Amanda & Ian

Room Tip: If you are not happy with your room the Management will willingly change it for you wherever possibl...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
gm_grandsharm, GM/Guest Relations at The Grand Hotel Sharm El Sheikh, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
What a wonderful review-thank you so much for your very kind words-we really appreciate them and we appreciate the fact that you have stayed with us three times-it is proof in itself that our efforts are paying off. We enjoyed having you with us and look forward to seeing you again in the future-until then please accept our sincere thanks and best wishes from the entire team here.

Sincerely

The Grand Hotel Sharm El Sheikh

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (791)
  • Turkish first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

This was our honeymoon and we had a fab time! Food is great and varied, the buffet place at the front of the hotel is better in my opinion. All other restaurants are of a good standard too and lots to choose from over 7 nights. Bar staff are lovely and many make the effort to know you by name. Absolutely no hassle for tips which was nice and made you tip people appropriately for good service for example the guy who cleans your room or bar staff that have your drink ready before you even ask!

Excursions are good and reps are available everyday, we booked with golden ticket ravel who provide and excellent and fast service. No problems with transfers... only tip do not buy the visa when you get off the plane as you do not need it to stay local. If you do decide to go to cairo etc... you can obtain it later. Bedding could do with changing and rooms are slightly dated but very clean and do the job! Bathrooms are clean and plenty of hot water.
Sunbeds are not difficult to get and the pancake bar in the afternoon was a welcome treat! The complex is huge and there is no need to leave... we went to naama bay and came back in two hours. Telly is good with a couple of movies channels to relax with at night. Would Def go back.

Room Tip: ask for a sea view and to be near one of the 8 pools!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
gm_grandsharm, Guest Relations Manager at The Grand Hotel Sharm El Sheikh, responded to this review, April 7, 2013
Dear Hifza- it was great that you chose to honeymoon at the Grand Hotel-it was a pleasure to welcome you both here and we were delighted when we read your very kind review-it was hightly appreciated and we hope you will visit us again soon

Sincerley

The Team at The Grand Hotel Sharm
Birmingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

I went to this hotel to celebrate new year. It had a beautiful reception area and we were made to feel welcome immediately. Rooms were of a basic standard and size but we had to order clothes hangers as only 2 had been provided. The issue was quickly dealt with. The safety deposit box was free and house-keeping created a new 'animal' every day, on the bed made from the fresh towels.
It had many on site restaurants that were all part of the all inclusive and bookable 12 hrs in advance. However, the Carribbean does not serve authentic Caribbean food, nor does it create a Carribbean feel to it as it plays Egyptian music in the background. In saying that, the food itself was nicely cooked.
The complex itself is set on differing levels which may be good for the thighs but not so good for those who have walking difficulties. One customer counted 270 steps.
It does have a private beach but as professional sunbathers will know, you need space to turn your sun bed through-out the day to follow the sun which was impossible on this beach as the sun loungers were placed 2 to a parasol and very closely packed together. You were very shaded by the many parasols with absolutely nowhere to be in the sun so sun bathing had to be done by the pool. Not good for those who prefer a beach tan!!! This will be a definate dealbreaker for beach bathers.
The Hotel did ruin my New Year though. Even last minute,we paid £1000.00 to go there. There were different options you could choose for new year. However there was an additional fee of £50.00 per head. For this, you had your meal and entertainment. So you chose dependent on which of the many restaurants had the preferred food and entertainment. I was not prepared to pay again when I had already paid a substantial amount for all inclusive. This meant they told me where I had to eat and at what time with only 1 hour of entertainment from 9pm until 10pm. disgusted at this, I made my feelings known to the newly appointed, English, General Manager (GM) who rapidly passed the buck to the Entertainment Manager who had apparently been planning New Years Eves events hotel wide for 3 months.
The GM accompanied the Entertainment Manager to my sunbed by the pool the next day for my feedback to be given to the man concerned, in public within everyone else around us also listening in. The Entertainment Manager became extremely aggressive with me, telling me that "I paid for all inclusive and that's what I got!!". The GM did nothing other than explain that the entertainment manager was a Turk and did not accept women with an opinion!!
Come check out time, our luggage was collected. As our cleaner had provided us with a new animated creations daily (and knocked on the door daily for a tip), he had been handsomely rewarded with £7.00 in tips and paid in Egyptian. Our luggage had gone and I was running a bit late when the cleaner returned to start cleaning the room for the next guests. He asked me for £5 in Sterling which I refused not only on principle but also because I had no Sterling. I allowed him in whilst I finished my make up in the bathroom. My hand luggage was with me but my mobile was having a last minute charge. He started cleaning in the sleeping area, the atmosphere was strained having refused him more money. When I came out of the bathroom, my mobile, charger and photos within it, had gone. He denied all knowledge of even seeing it so I left to go to reception to my friend and to fetch the GM. This took 15 mins to locate him but once we got back to the room, the cleaner had vanished and could not be reached on his mobile either - or mine!!. We were escorted back to reception where our suitcases and all other luggage was searched in case I had accidently packed it. I explained I had left it to carry with me in my hand luggage and that it was on charge. The cleaner was still missing and my luggage was repeatedly searched by different managers 'just in case'!! 45 mins later, he was located - more than enough time to hide a stolen phone!!!!!
I was repeatedly called a liar by his line manager who also aggressively, in my face, cussing me in Egyptian and continuing to call me a liar who was setting his employer up!!!
This was also in the presence of the GM who did nothing. Another male member of staff moved the man away from me. His responses to questions made it clear that he was guilty.
We had long missed the coach but the flight was not going to be missed. The GM promised a full investigation would follow and that Egyptian law stated that robbing a tourist would result in imprisonment automatically as you are guilty until proven innocent over there. We had no choice but to leave at that point.
All I got was an email after I returned stating that there had not been enough evidence. They took full advantage of the fact that I was not there to follow through and they never did call the police. He therefore, remains in full employment there. Moral of this hotel's story is that they are not as nice as they appear and the new GM is reluctant to act on anything really.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
gm_grandsharm, GM/Guest Relations at The Grand Hotel Sharm El Sheikh, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
This reviewer raised two complaints which were thoroughly investigated by the hotel whilst the guest was still in house. As the General Manager was new to the hotel and did not actually take up his new appointment until the 01st January and was therefore, in his induction period, the Deputy General Manager liaised with this guest in accordance with the hotel policies and procedures and did all possible to assist the guest in answering their questions and in finding the lost telephone.
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

My family ( husband + 2 children, 7 yr and 5yr old) and I have have just returned from the Grand Hotel at Sharm El Sheikh. We had a glorious week in the sunshine. If you want a week in the sun, relaxing by the pool and snorkelling in the sea, this is the hotel for you.
Few things I was concerned about before we left - stomach upsetts, none of us were ill. Mosquitto bites, husband and I bitten a few times on legs but nothing serious ( children were fine ) just used normal sprays. Food - several restaurants but you must book the day before, do this and avoid the buffets, much more enjoyable. Breakfast and lunch and snacks fine.
HIghlights - snorkelling in sea infront of hotel ( off the jetty) the sunshine, the hotel ( architecture has the WOW factor ) the staff very courteous, I had a wonderful massage from Aya a young lady too.
Lowlights - Kids club disappointing, my daughter went a couple of times and enjoyed it but it was just one of the hotel rooms. My son is very active so would have enjpoyed physical activities but there were none. There was entertainment in the animaton bar in the evening the children did enjoy this but the disco/ DJ was disappointing.
Boat trip to Raj Mohammed National Park - I asked the RED SEA holiday rep several times if suitable for my children. They are good swimmers/snorkellers but we had to swim 100m to coral we did have a rubber ring but my children were freezing should have been advised of this and should have hired wet suit, something you can do for a small fee. Once at coral disappointing did not see a variety of fish but all this said thoroughly enjpoyed being on the boat and the scenary. All staff on boat very courteous great with children so children did enjoy the boat trip. Really interested to know what others thought of snorkelling at Raj Mohammed National Park??
Another lowlight - Didn't really venture from the hotel as didn't like the idea of being hassled by the locals, would have been pleasant if we could have gone for a walk out and about Sharm El Sheikh - Hope this has helped if you're thinking of going to this hotel with young children - cheers!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Leeds
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

We have just arrived back into the UK after a two weeks stay at the Grand Hotel, we had a great stay and we were sad to leave after our stay. Some of the points raised on Tripadvisor ie small glasses and the sometimes not cold enough beer we can agree with, however some of the reviews seem way off the mark in their overall appraisal of the Hotel.
Some people's expectation for their holiday is a little too ambitious at times. I think you have to take into consideration 'how much did you pay'. We paid just over £1250 for both of us, so if you take off the amount you have paid for the flights half of the cost of the holiday has gone already.
The guest relations team seemed to be on the ball, we had a slight issue with our fridge and it was sorted out within the hour. How many times has anybody stayed at a Hotel to be greeted in the welcome meeting by the General Manager and then two weeks later be asked if you enjoyed your stay as you are waiting for the bus to depart!
The grounds were stunning, impeccably clean and well looked after.
We found from the minute we walked into the Hotel to the minute we left the management and the staff in general were helpful and polite.
Our room was very good and had everything we needed, beds were made everyday and a daily towel change including beach towels.
There is a good selection of restaurants including a couple of buffets and the day before you could book a meal for the following day in one of the al a carte restaurants, our personal  favourite was the Olive.
Overall we would highly recommend the Hotel we really did enjoy our stay.

Russ and Linda

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Plymouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

My wife and i returned from the grand hotel sharm el sheikh on the 28th march we went to celebrate our 50th wedding anniversary and we had a fantastic time yes we had a couple of niggles with our room quick phone call to the guest relations desk sorted it in no time at all.The food in the a l carte restaurants was 1st class maybe portions a bit small but 4 courses so full at the end of the meal but you only have to ask and you get more. The buffet restaurants had a great selection more than enough to choose from.The staff couldn't do enough for you the pool staff were always on hand to replenish your glass and look after you in general the gardens were exceptional and well kept and colourful my only gripe would be that as i like really cold beer it was a bit warm for me most of the time evenings at the reef bar were the coldest all in all we had an excellent holiday and i will certainly be returning the complex is quite large and could probably do with a bit more signs to tell you where all the facilities are we were discovering more places to eat and drink all the time. Lots of pools lots of bars lots of places to eat if you don't enjoy your holiday at the grand hotel all i can say is you need to stay at home because your a sad person.

Barry Sawden.

Room Tip: if you want the beach/sea and 5 pools choose bottom of resort if you want the lobby more pools etc...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
gm_grandsharm, GM/Guest Relations at The Grand Hotel Sharm El Sheikh, responded to this review, April 7, 2013
Hello Barry- thanks for your very kind review. We are delighted you spent your 50th Wedding Anniversary here and are pleased you had a great time. It was a pleasure having you with us and we hope you will return again one day.

Best rehards from us all.

The Team at the Grand Hotel-Sharm El Sheikh
Leicester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

We decided to stay at the grand simply because of the size of this complex - staying all inc it's important to have options (pools, restaurants etc).
On arrival the lobby is beautiful - from there it went downhill!
On checking in most guests were welcomed with drinks after the long journey from Manchester to sharm. We were overlooked.
Taken to rooms, below standard and dirty, given no map and we had no idea which block we were in?! V confusing.
We went to the buffet at the top of the hotel where the food available was in edible and staff unbelievably rude! I was spoken to aggressively twice there and eventually refused to even eat breakfast there.
Fusion, Indian and Mexican restaurants are all good. Staff in the Caribbean very funny.
Most staff incredibly rude, it seams they pick and choose who they will serve and who thy wont. Our pool side waiter ignored us all holiday and would not smile at all yet we saw him laughing and joking with other guests!!!!
Food and drinks were generally rubbish and we could have lived with that as we payed an ok price BUT manners cost nothing and there is no excuse for the way your treated at this hotel. Very disappointing we will not be going back.

• Stayed March 2013
gm_grandsharm, GM/Guest Relations at The Grand Hotel Sharm El Sheikh, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Naturally,we were very concerned to read these comments. We aim to please all guests staying with us and please rest assured, that we will take your comments seriously and do all possible to ensure we do not receive similar comments in the future.

Sincerely

Been to The Grand Hotel Sharm El Sheikh? Share your experiences!