“A wonderful family holiday” 5 of 5 stars
Review of SENTIDO Reef Oasis Senses Resort

and 1 more site!
You added SENTIDO Reef Oasis Senses Resort to your Saves list
SENTIDO Reef Oasis Senses Resort
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Marine Sporting Club Road | Hadabet Om El Sied, Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt   |
Ranked #14 of 226 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Thames Ditton, United Kingdom
“A wonderful family holiday”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

We have just returned from a week at Sentido Reef Oasis Senses Resort. This was the furthest we have travelled with our 2 boys (7 & 5 yrs) to date and can call it a success!

We opted for the 2 bedroom superior family room, for a little privacy and this worked perfectly. The air con was a little on the noisy side, but I always pack earplugs so not a big problem. The rooms were cleaned every day and immaculate.

Food was good. A huge variety of choice for us and the kids in the buffet restaurants, but maybe more quantity than top quality. We didn't go hungry though! Our preference was the a la carte Patio restaurant, where you could order a meal of your choice (excellent food), but this was not available in the evening. The views from the beach Grill restaurant were stunning! service great.

The choice of pools was fantastic! we couldn't understand why everyone was crowded around the infinity pools by the lobby - when you could go to 10 other pools and have the pick of the sun loungers! Our favourite was Rama Pool as it had a graduated sloping entrance easy for the kids, good service and next to the kids club. A huge thanks to Omar (Recreation) and Mohamed (bar) at The Rama Pool for making us feel so welcome and giving us a fantastic service throughout the week.

Kids club was basic, but the children still really enjoyed it. Table footy, ping-pong, own pool, games etc. It gave us a nice 2 hr break every day and time out for kids from the sun.

If you are keen on snorkelling you can't go wrong with this hotel. The house reef was stunning. It was the perfect way to introduce the children to our water world. We did take our own buoyancy jackets / masks / snorkels to save on hire costs.

The beach was sandy and sea was shallow for children to stand in quite a way from shore. Bit rubbly due to coral bits/rocks, so take water shoes. You can walk to the beach from reception in about 10 mins, but the frequent shuttle was a godsend in the heat.

The splash park was AMAZING! the kids loved it. Split into two clear areas: 1. more gentle with climbing, sprays, chutes, jets and mini slides 2. Mega big slides for the brave! something for everyone and surprisingly not busy at all.

Bar service was good. We tended to go to the Piano bar in the evening as had wi-fi for kids. Thanks to Mohamed Asaad Salem in the Lobby Bar.

The only thing we thought was missing was decent family/kids evening entertainment. The disco was rubbish and mostly Italian. As a regular to First Choice hols we are used to full on entertainment interactive games and shows. lacking at this hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
SentidoManagement, Guest Relations Manager at SENTIDO Reef Oasis Senses Resort, responded to this review, June 8, 2014
Dear Guests, Thank you for choosing SENTIDO ROSR and for taking the time to give us your feedback on your holiday experience. We sincerely appreciate this. We are delighted to read that you had such wonderful family holiday. We acknowledge your thoughts regarding the quality of food and have notified our Food & Beverage Department, we are grateful of your constructive feedback as we always strive to improve so each guest can enjoy. Regarding the kids club and entertainment, we do offer a range of low key entertainment on a daily basis for each guest to enjoy, unfortunately this did not meet your expectations and we can review this to ensure that everyone will enjoy. We thank you for your lovely words and for the staff mentioned. We will share your comments with our team and and look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.;

SENTIDO Reef Oasis Senses Resort

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (324)
  • Arabic first
Brighton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

If you are thinking of Sham this year, I can highly recommend the Reef Oasis. We have been to Egypt several times and I have to say that this has been the best hotel we have stayed in. The food is fantastic with a choice of restaurants to choose from. The staff are wonderful and always willing to help, I want to say a big thank you to Kirsty, Haitham at the pool and Mohammed or friendly barman for helping to make our stay all that more pleasurable. I can say that the walk to fantasia (£18 p/p) which was only 5 minutes from the hotel was amazing. For your £18 you got a 4 course meal and a show, very entertaining. As myself, my wife and daughter and friends all agree this was an amazing resort and we look forward to visiting again (hopefully next year). P.S there is a dress code for some restaurants, men need to wear trousers in the evenings.

Room Tip: Get a room near a pool, we were 15 feet from ours (room 2104)
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
SentidoManagement, Guest Relations Manager at SENTIDO Reef Oasis Senses Resort, responded to this review, June 5, 2014
Dear Guests, Thank you for choosing SENTIDO ROSR and for taking the time to give us your feedback on your holiday experience. We sincerely appreciate this. We are delighted to read that you had such a fantastic holiday, you enjoyed the hotel facilities, the service from the staff and the choice of food throughout the hotel. We thank you for your kind words and for the staff mentioned. We will share your comments with our team and look forward to welcoming you all back again in the future (hopefully next year).

Andover, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

The Sentido had been recommended by a friend. We were looking for sun and relaxation. The flight from Thomas Cook wasn't great, their 757 is a bit of an old bus, but the hotel was superb. From the time we registered to the time we left we couldn't have asked for more.

Every member of the hotel staff was polite and always asked if everything was OK if they were passing. Kirsty was brilliant, when we did have an issue with the water it was sorted super quick and Kirsty came and found us at the beach to update us.

I would consider the weather to be superior to the Caribbean, our temperatures were between 32 and 35 without a cloud all week! Wednesday was a little hot at 42.

You had a choice of 23 pools or your own private beach and reef! We had a pool to ourselves for a few days, and that was with the hotel at 67% occupancy.

The food was great, especially the BBQ, but Mo's restaurant was our favourite and a special mention must go to Khaled, our waiter, who had our drinks waiting for us when we arrived, and it was different drinks for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Our room was a nice size and always kept super clean by Ataa, he even decorated my Wife's bed with petals for her birthday.

Downside? Not much really; the variety and strength of the cocktails could have been better and, whilst the chill out music was, overall good, it was a bit of a mistake playing Christmas songs in May!

We will return next year, probably for two weeks.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guests, Thank you for choosing SENTIDO ROSR and for taking the time to give us your feedback on your holiday experience. We sincerely appreciate this. We are delighted to read that you had such a relaxing holiday in the sun, enjoying the hotel facilities, the service from all the staff and the food throughout the hotel. We acknowledge your comment regarding the variety and strength of cocktails, the Food and Beverage department have been notified of this and we hope that you will see improvement when you return next year. We realize the music that has being played in the hotel and this is now being reviewed, you will see the change to this on your next visit. We thank you for your lovely words and for the staff mentioned. We will share your comments with our team and look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Doncaster, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

Hi guys, I stayed at the Sentido from April 28th-May10th and must say I had a fantastic holiday from start to finish, the whole experience was just what I needed, I treat myself as it was my 40th the week before and wanted to go on a relaxing break and top up the tan which is exactly what I got but I must mention the people who made it happen who were all great in their individual way and made my stay perfect, first of all Nageh in the front office was welcoming morning,noon and night and always helpful, Samy and Kholoud on reception were ever helpful in guiding me with any issues throughout my stay as was Abdel Salem,Amr on the reception bar is a proper good lad who take's time when possible to make sure everything you need is catered for and does it with a smile always, the lads in the patio lunch bar as well as Mo's couldn't do enough for you and nothing was to much trouble, Hassan the duty manager carrier's himself with a certain amount of charisma and probably speaks better English than I do allied with being as approachable as he is make's everything easy, a special mention must go to Kirsty, if you have any problem's Kirsty will do whatever she can to assist and she is a friendly face who is never far away I suppose she is a perfect foil who ensures nothing is lost in translation and will go out of her way to help and although I've no doubt missed some out I must give a special mention to my mucker MOKHTAR who looked after me around the pool, he's such a nice guy who I could quite happily go out and socialise with he's a top guy and I'd like to wish him well for his upcoming marriage and wish him a great future. One thing for certain is when I'm in Egypt I will be staying at the Sentido that's a given, will be back in October and can't wait. Thank you all at the Sentido.

Room Tip: From what I can gather all room's were equally as good.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
SentidoManagement, Guest Relations Manager at SENTIDO Reef Oasis Senses Resort, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
Dear Guests, Thank you for choosing SENTIDO ROSR and for taking the time to give us your feedback on your holiday experience. We sincerely appreciate this. We are delighted to read that you had such a fabulous holiday from the moment you arrived until you left the hotel, enjoying the service and food throughout. We thank you for your lovely words and for the staff mentioned. We will share your comments with our team and look forward to welcoming you back again in October.

Jersey, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014 via mobile

After reading all the reviews on the hotel prior to going I couldn't wait. They are all very accurate the staff can't do enough for you, Kirsty is great walid Mohamed and Salem at the lobby bar and also the skinny chap who works nights the guys by the pools and all the restaurant staff.

Food was really good couldn't fault it loved the pizza.

This hotel is perfect for both families and couples. I travelled with the wife a 2 year old and 7 year old.

Water park is also great - hours of fun

Will definitely go back in October this year

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guests, Thank you for choosing SENTIDO ROSR and for taking the time to give us your feedback on your holiday experience. We sincerely appreciate this. We are delighted to read that you had such a fantastic holiday, enjoying the service from the staff and the food. We thank you for your kind words and for the staff mentioned. We will share your comments with our team and look forward to welcoming you back again October.

Cairo, Egypt
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

Just back from our fourth visit to the hotel, as usual we had wonderful vacation. In my point of view, what makes this place different is "staff". Many thanks to Ahmed the area manager, Alfred the receptionist, Mohamed and Sayed at Mo restaurant, Alaa at bar, Hosney at aqua bar and for Mohammed at room service. I wish I did not forget somebody. Without much interuption, we feel as we are at home.
One main problem this visit, we could not get sun beds on the main pools before 5pm due to big number of guest .. or sun beds reservation. We hope to find this problem solved next visit.
I do know that Egyptians are not the main guest, but some extra egyptian activities may be intersting such as songs, music, parties, ..
I stongely recommend the hotel and I hope to visit again soon.
Ahmed

• Stayed May 2014
Dear Guests, Thank you for choosing SENTIDO ROSR and for taking the time to give us your feedback on your holiday experience. We sincerely appreciate this. We are delighted to read that you had another fantastic holiday with us. We acknowledge your comment regarding the sun beds and activities and we will communicate this to make improvements and hope that you will see this on your next visit. We thank you for your kind words and for the staff mentioned. We will share your comments with our team and look forward to welcoming you back again for your 5th visit.

Brentwood, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed at Sentido from 19th May to 26th May, and it was the best holiday we've ever had! The staff were fantastic, it was particularly lovely having your drinks brought to you at the pool; the cold towels were absolutely perfect! All staff members were extremely friendly and made a significant effort to remember you - the man at the pool towel stand was extremely pleasant and always asked me how I was getting on. We tended to venture away from the 3 main pools; although they were quiet, we chose to lounge around at the large pool next to the Cactus Bar (there are the most amazing double bed sunbeds there!) as it was really quiet - sometimes we were the only people there! The only problem with this was that it was very rare anyone came and offered you a drink or a cold towel; this wasn't a massive problem though as we were quite happy to get up and get our own drinks!
Mohammed at the Patio Restaurant was fantastic! We went and sat on the sofas every evening after dinner and had drinks and shisha; every day he remembered our orders and kept us topped up. Massive thanks to him! The men at the Lobby Bar were also fantastic and very friendly, specifically Mohamed Asaad and Sheref, as was Alfred on reception.
Kirsty, the guest relations lady, was fantastic and couldn't do enough for you.
We visited the Indian and Asian (tepenyaki) restaurants and found that both were amazing! They were very good value for money considering how amazing the food was.
Our only problem was the mosquitos! We were bitten to shreds! It wasn't until the last day that we realised the reception desk gave you insect repellent plugs for your room if you asked - make sure you get them!! It would be excellent if all the tables outside had citronella candles on them in the evenings - that's when we got bitten the most. Make sure you bring lots of repellant and you should be okay!
We stayed in room 1135 - the person cleaning our room, I didn't catch his name, was fantastic. He was always really lovely and remembered which room we were; he made us towel swans on one occassion, and a swan heart on another. The rooms were absolutely spotless and huge, we were pleasantly suprised!

The staff love £1 coins, so take some with you for tipping, and try to take some £10 notes so they can change up their coins and get their tips converted to Egyptian money.

Also, it was my birthday while we were at Sentido - we went back into our room after a day by the pool and there was a cake and a letter from the Sentido staff wishing me happy birthday. My boyfriend said he hadn't arranged this! I was extremely impressed and it made the day even lovlier.

We were extremely impressed with the Sentido resort, and Sharm itself - we will definitely be going back next year! I can't recommend this hotel enough!!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guests, Thank you for choosing SENTIDO ROSR and for taking the time to give us your feedback on your holiday experience. We sincerely appreciate this. We are delighted to read that you had such an amazing holiday, enjoying the service throughout the hotel and the food. We acknowledge your comment regarding the mosquito's and can kindly inform that we do spray within the hotel complex in the evenings to minimize this. Mosquito plugs and room spray are available upon request from reception should anyone require this will be subject to availability. We are glad you enjoyed celebrating your birthday in the hotel and It was a pleasant surprise for you both to enjoy when you got back to your room. We thank you for your lovely words and for the staff mentioned. We will share your comments with our team and look forward to welcoming you back again next year.

SENTIDO Reef Oasis Senses Resort

Been to SENTIDO Reef Oasis Senses Resort? Share your experiences!