“Second stay , still a great place” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Tropicana Azure Club

You added Tropicana Azure Club to your Saves list
Tropicana Azure Club
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   El Gharkana Zone Nabq Bay | Near Sharm El Sheikh Airport, Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt   |
Ranked #100 of 228 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
4.0 of 5 stars 1,358 Reviews
Daytona beach
“Second stay , still a great place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

this was my second stay in Tropicana azure club , and like first time , it was a pleasant stay

Location : situated in Nabq bay 15 Minutes from the airport and 20 minutes from Naama bay , Nabq bay is being heavily developed now and you wont need to go to Naama like in the past , you get a selection of clubs , pubs and shopping plazas nearby , there is a brand new hard rock cafe that just opened about 5 minutes walk from the hotel , there are all sorts of fast food joints nearby ,

Room : the room i stayed in this time was bigger than the last time , spacious and got a cozy feeling to it , beds are nice and comfy , most of all very clean , the room got a minibar and a safe which is very handy

Bathroom : very very clean , with walk in shower

Food : the buffet have a different international theme every night , my favorite was the Egyptian night , very exotic , as it might get busy in the main restaurant sometime , try to go a bit later especially at dinner and you shall enjoy it more , many people have this idea that food will run out and they go in at opening time , which could lead to canteen feeling , so like i said , try to go later and you shall enjoy your meal , overall the food quality was good for all inclusive hotel

Pools : unlike the last time , now the main pool is heated which is really nice at this time of the year , i never had any trouble finding loungers , pools were cleaned properly and the pool attendants were really helpful

Beach : you can walk across the street to go to the beach at Grand azure , and there is a scheduled bus shuttle to the beach , if you could try to go all the way to the end of the jetty and try to do some snorkeling there , amaazing snorkeling sites , better than many paid trips , you can use your all inclusive package on the beach for drinks , snacks

Staff : hard working staff , very polite and helpful

Over all , i enjoyed my stay in the hotel and i would go back

Room Tip: try to get a pool view room , nice view but could be noisy with pool activities , if you want quiet...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (271)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
Birmingham, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

Unfortunately I had a poor experience when visiting this hotel.

Upon arrival I found the hotel to be clean and well presented. The hotel staff were friendly and we were quickly shown to our room.

The room was rather large and cleaned to a high standard.

Unfortunately this is where things started to deteriorate...

The main restaurant area was far too small for the size of the complex. Yes there are areas where food is cooked fresh for you such as omelettes but there are lengthy queues for this. If you try to eat at half six then the eating area resembles a school canteen. Full of people and nowhere to sit.

My advice would be to book the Chinese restaurant every day which was really nice and part of the all inclusive. The Italian restaurant is poor but better than eating in the main restaurant area.

The quality of the food was appalling and both my partner and I had upset stomachs for the majority of the holiday.

One thing that really spoils the hotel is the Russians and Germans. I have never known such rude people and they clearly don't understand the meaning of the word queue which is not ideal when they are put in a hotel like this. We were outnumbered by the above and this made for a rather unpleasant holiday.

We spent most of our days at the beach which is about a ten minute walk. Be warned that if you arrive at the beach with pasty white skin then they jump on you straight away. I ended up telling them to go away. Yes it's to be expected in Egypt but after been visited by 5 people in a space of ten minutes I felt I had a little choice. After I gave them a few choice words they appeared to steer clear of me.

Going out the complex is not fun either with the locals chasing you down the road trying to get you on a camel, in a taxi or in their shop. My partner stated that she didn't feel safe and wouldn't dream of venturing out on her own.

We booked one excursion which was the VIP cruise. The snorkelling side of this was poor. We went to three locations and at each site we were moved around like sheep.  There was no opportunity to swim off to explore the reefs. The diving locations were full of other divers and all in all it was a poor experience. You're better off diving on the beach by the hotel.

You also need to note that the final day of this holiday is not all inclusive. We had to vacate our room at 12 and this is where the all inclusive ends. They even cut our bands off. We didn't fly out until 7pm so make sure you have enough money to fend for yourself. Never before have I had this at an all inclusive.

Finally I have to mention the Thomson flights. They are nothing short of appalling. No in flight meal (unless you pay), no in flight movie and no blankets (again unless you pay) . Its all about extracting as much money as they can out of you. On the way back we decided to bite the bullet and order food. We purposely didn't eat at the airport. You can imagine our disgust when Thomson told us they had very little food on board and we had the choice of a stale cheese toasty or bacon baguette.

Other people mentioned that room location is important. We were in room 4206. This was ideal and at the opposite end of the nightclub with a nice view over the pool.

Room Tip: Room 4206. Close to reception. Second floor. Away from nightclub.
cumbria
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

Great hotel clean the room cleaners kept your rooms really clean towels changed every day , The food was great I've been to other hotels in sham and couldn't eat the food I eat every meal, The animation shows were really good and worth going to see, the only down side to the animation team is that if your not sitting by there booth in the pool area you won't see them unless they won't to take you into town for clubbing and beach party's which you have to pay for as they get commission of what they sell. There was a lot of ill people in hotel with the runs but I wouldn't put that on the hotel as it was very clean I had a fab time and would go back tomorrow

Room Tip: Don't get a room on your right hand side as there is a night club which kept me up till 4am
Odessa, Odes'ka Oblast', Ukraine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Hi everybody! My name is Vadik, i`m from Ukraine, Odessa City.
Me my girlfriend and our friends has amazing week at this hotel. We are young and allways traveling, we`ve been at to much kinds of hotels, but this one is in our hearts forever!
Yes this is not 5stars, but..
The buildings, rooms, service, food, pool, people staff - excellent!
This hotel for everybody - for young people and not too young. Everyone find something interesting there for himself.
But special thanx and greetings i whant send to all animation team! They are so cute! They make their job at 200%. We are not always getting action with them, but another tourists do. They are very special! Thank you guys!
And special greetings to Chico and Basem! Hi guys! Doin` like i promise ;-)

Trust me! This is very special place! Go and see this!!

Cheers! Vadik Shuttle

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
flintshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

Fantastic Holiday from 9th Jan to 16th Jan.

Rooms very clean hosekeeping work very hard.

Food in buffett a good range of choice could do with more for kids please.

As for the animation team they made the holiday made us laugh so much, made us feel welcome and at home,
Hats off to you all as you made the holiday so much more fun, comedy night it is a must see, along with the Mr Hotel comp.

Keept us all entertained through the holiday and you all work so hard.

Fantastic kids club with lots of activities.

Well done to you all x miss you all very much.

Hope to be back soon.

Love from Mr Hotel Sharon Rob and Jianna x

Room Tip: Garden rooms are best
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Yorkshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

Sharm itself does not seem particularly attractive but then again we didn't go out to Soho Square etc, so perhaps we didn't see the best of it. For me the only downside is the shop keepers, who pester too much. I want to buy what I want, not what they want to sell me.

Tropicana Azure Club, however is really good. WE went there by mistake, thinking we had booked the sister hotel, the Tropicana Grand Azure, which we had visited before. (The names are too similar.) The cost of moving was extortionate, so we decided to stay at the Azure Club and did not regret the decision at all.

Reception staff were good - efficient and helpful and with excellent language skills.

The room was spacious, especially as, at our request, they moved us to a ground floor room at no extra cost. The cleaners were very good and eager to please, doing the fancy folded towel thing that they do and a thorough cleaning job every day.

The food was good and varied. I heard some grumbles but I really don't know why. There were always some dishes that you might not fancy but the range and freshness of the food was excellent, so there were always plenty of alternatives. An enormous range of salads at every meal including breakfast, fresh pasta cooked to order, beautiful breads at every meal. Drinks, including tea and coffee with every meal too. Desserts fell into three categories; cakes, pastries and sloppy mousse type things but there was fresh fruit at every meal too.

And the waiters were wonderful; friendly, efficient and eager to please. Couldn't ask for better.

The bar service was slick and friendly and one of the bar waiters, Shaker, was one of the nicest people I have met.

Downsides? Well it's getting a bit tired. Where the old fashioned wooden loungers have been replaced, it is, unfortunately, with cheap mesh ones that aren't very comfortable. The older wooden ones are better, although new ones would be better still. Our curtains needed a wash. There should be mosquito plugs in every room.

I heard one guest grumble about staff being surly but we never experienced that at all. Based on our experience, if you treat them like people, make eye contact and smile, they will fall over backwards to make your stay a happy one.

If you get the chance to go on a glass bottomed boat, do it. It costs us £15 each and we loved it.

We went swimming in Naarma Bay and couldn't believe how many different exotic fish we found within a few yards of the water's edge. (Including a ray - I nearly choked, I was so excited by that one!) The public beaches are not expensive and for £2 we got two sunbeds, an umbrella and two beach towels. On the other hand, the two guys running it made no effort at all to keep it clean and tidy, which let it down a bit.

But - we went on January 7th and this is, perhaps, a bit early. For the first week it was cool, breezy and we had some rain. these places are not equipped for bad weather. The evenings were positively chilly. The second week, however, temperatures were in the mid 20's every day. We'll go a bit later next time but we'll go again.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

Friendly staff, the most relaxed week I've had in a long time. Weather good for jan but cooler at night. All the staff remember your name and are very welcoming, even when we had a flight delay we were made comfortable ensuring we had enough food and drink . Thanks

• Stayed January 2013

Been to Tropicana Azure Club? Share your experiences!