This is by far one of the worst hotels that i have ever visited! I'll try to make a summarized review of the problems that i have faced there.
1- The beach and bathroom towels were either dirty or frayed, or both.
2- The black out curtain in my room also was ripped out.
3- The television set was very old, barely worked and offered a very low variety of channels.
4- The restaurant offered no diversity in the types of food presented during my stay -which lasted for 4 horrible nights-, as well as that it was roughly cooked (ex: the meat was cooked Rare).
5- The entertainment team were horrendous, that they did nothing to entertain the visitors, but instead they cancelled most of their shows, or made poor performances on dull music.
6- The hotel charges extremely expensive rates for the wifi connection (5$/hour)!
7- The AC wasn't working in my room, and when I called for the housekeeping, they said they could do nothing about it, and refused to give me another room!
8- The minibar was empty all of the time, and I had to ask for it to be changed 3 times, because every time they bought me a broken one!
In the end, I would just like to add that a very few number of the staff could be considered as hospitable, but most others aren't welcoming even! So I'd recommend that you don't visit this hotel, not to ruin your holiday!
- Also Known As:
- Imperial Shams Abu Soma Hotel Safaga
- Imperial Shams Abu Soma Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Imperial Shams Abu Soma Resort is located approximately 50 km south of Hurghada and adjacent to Safaga. A chain of isolated and breathtaking reefs with dramatic cliffs and plateaus determine here, the characteristic life in the sea. Because of its location, various dive sites and a large quantity of fishes can be found. The location offers not only numerous dive sites, but also one of the best windsurfing and kite surfing spots in Egypt, with ideal wind conditions through all year round.Excellent conditions for all activities on and under the water are available at the resort. Diving, windsurfing, kite surfing or snorkeling will be for all professionals, amateurs or beginners an unforgettable challenge and experience, but also the natural sand beach and the swimming pools invite all others for relaxing as well. An animation team and its sports program provide fun & entertainment for everyone. Kids Club with games, mini disco and more, all what children like. 322 rooms and suites are spread over a u-shaped building with fabulous front or side seaview, balcony or terrace, equipped with twin or king size beds, air conditioning, safe, mini fridge, satellite TV, telephone and a private bathroom with vanity mirror and hair dryer. The suites dispose partly over its own terrace or large roof garden with sun beds, seating and a personal-to-use Jacuzzi.Different kinds of restaurants & bars can be found in the Resort and the All Inclusive will fulfill all wishes and concerns with tasteful meals and a wide section of beverages. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity and Venere so you can book your Imperial Shams Abu Soma Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.