We first visited this hotel on the 17th July 2009, 7th May 2010 and now just back after another 2 week stay from the 1st November till the 15th. We never normally go back to the same place but this hotel and all it's staff are just FANTASTIC. Yes it's not 5* as most people would know, we've been to Mauritius, Carribean etc, but the food, service, atmosphere and staff more then make up for this.
Staff all excellent but a few stand out for us every visit and we now think of them as very good friends : Mohamed Ali, Guest Relations.
Brilliant nothing is too much trouble and he can not do enough for you. He's always busy running around making sure all the guests in the hotel are ok and happy. Any problems and he soon sorts it out. A massive credit for this hotel.
Mohamed Nour, Bar Supervisor
A really nice man again always checking everyone is ok and always made time for a chat and a laugh with us. Keeps his staff on their toes but in a nice way.
Soaudy, Ashraf and Omar : Lobby bars
Alway's make time for a chat and make everyone feel really welcome. Never run out of a drink before the next one is offered or sometimes already on its way !!! The other guys working in the Lobby Bar's also work really hard.
Ayman : Pergola Bar
Out of 3 visits to this hotel this was the 1st time we've had the chance to sit outside. On previous visits it's either been too hot or too busy to be able to find a seat. Not this time though. Again Ayman went out of his way too make sure we got a seat and always a drink on it's way as soon as he spotted us. Always a cheeky grin and service with a smile.
Saleh : Italian and Main Buffet
Always drinks waiting on a table for us, works really hard making sure all guests are happy and he runs around clearing tables, fetching drinks and serving food. Again always made time to have a chat and a laugh always makes everyone feel very welcome.
Mohamad : VIP Repeat Guest Quiet Pool
Wow he works so hard keeping the pool and the surrounding area clean and tidy, not an easy job when some guests totally ignore the rules,, then they get rewarded with trays of fruit !
All staff work really hard including gardeners and cleaners with smiles on their faces. Again no illness suffered, choice of food outstanding. All Al a cartes fantastic and staff brilliant. Looking forward to next years visit and going home !
- Also Known As:
- Sunrise Royal Makadi Hotel Makadi Bay
- Sunrise Royal Makadi Hotel
- Sunrise Royal Makadi
- Sunrise Makadi Bay
- Sunrise Makadi
- Sunrise Royal Makadi Bay
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sunrise Select Royal Makadi is located in the heart of Makadi bay. The hotel is built on relaxing landscape, with spectacular avers and fine sand beach for enjoyable vacation. Distance form Hurghada international Airport 30 minutes, from Hurghada downtown 35 minutes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Tingo, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Sunrise Royal Makadi Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.