On arrival we gave passports to TC Rep and then entered the main lobby, offered a drink and took a seat for a short wait until with wristbands on, our accommodation had been allocated. After a short wait we were taken to our rooms and I have to say pleasantly surprised! In our room(14202), we had a rather large comfy bed with clean white linen, a spacious bathroom with shower and enough room for both of us to get ready in the evenings at the same time! In our room was a TV with a couple of English channels and a fridge were water is replenished daily, leading to the balcony which has enough room to sit and watch the sun go down as you listen to the music from Zumba or other classes going on!
On the first evening we ate at the ‘Bun Fight’...too many Russians for our liking with no please and thank you amongst them! After this we ate at a different restaurant every night, many choices and experiencing many different tastes. In my opinion if you can’t find something you don’t like, you are a VERY fussy eater!
Now to the pools.........The first pool we tried was unheated and very, very cold as was the second pool! The third pool was a success; we stayed here for the rest of our holiday, good barman and lovely towel man who also came round with cakes at 11 and 3 every day, mmmm!
Evenings are low key and entertainment was not what we had gone for, therefore we never saw any shows etc but enjoyed sitting in the lobby bar just watching the world go by, a few cocktails for my husband and a couple of vodka’s for me! Don’t know if we were drinking the branded stuff but it didn’t really matter.
Walking around the grounds you can see what a wonderful job all the team do here, we walked down to the VIP area but actually think if we had been able to use this area we may have been quiet bored as we do like to ‘people watch’!
Finally, yes you do get the asked lots if you want to go snorkelling, see the dolphins, have photographs etc but if you’re polite its not a problem. Yes, you do need to tip as this is a way of life in Egypt, we tipped the cleaner 3 times in the week as we thought he had done a good job and the same for the barman who looked after us all week, also tipped in various restaurants as the food was amazing! Just one last thing, have breakfast in Around the World, far quieter and less hurried. Also freshly made pizza’s at lunchtime...fab!
Downsides.......can’t think of any, just chill and relax....lovely
- Also Known As:
- Sunrise Royal Makadi Hotel Makadi Bay
- Sunrise Royal Makadi Hotel
- Sunrise Royal Makadi
- Sunrise Makadi Bay
- Sunrise Makadi
- Sunrise Royal Makadi Bay
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sunrise Select Royal Makadi is located in the heart of Makadi bay. The hotel is built on relaxing landscape, with spectacular avers and fine sand beach for enjoyable vacation. Distance form Hurghada international Airport 30 minutes, from Hurghada downtown 35 minutes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Tingo so you can book your Sunrise Royal Makadi Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.