“An excellent hotel for a package holiday with children” 5 of 5 stars

Tia Heights Makadi
4.5 of 5 Resort   |   Safaga Road, Makadi Bay, Egypt   |
Ranked #17 of 20 Hotels in Makadi Bay
London, England, United Kingdom
“An excellent hotel for a package holiday with children”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW via mobile

I am currently in the middle of my holiday. I read a very negative review from another brit who has been here concurrently. I will write a short review now. Of course people here make their money from the trips they sell. You don't have to go on them and a polite 'no' is enough to stop the sales pitch. It's Egypt, a few tips to the bar and room service never go unthanked. Same the world over! No, they don't cook steak for you every night. But I find the food is excellent, the service is friendly, the beach clean and beautiful, the aqua park amazing.. the managers welcoming and helpful...the staff work tirelessly and cheerfully...my wife and I and children are delighted with our holiday so far. Yes, many Russians stay here cos it's a popular russian resort. So what? I like Russians. I will write a more detailed review at the end of my holiday. Samuel, Cornwall.

• Stayed December 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (184)
  • Arabic first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
kettering
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We were looking to book a family break to wind down ready for Xmas

But have to say whoever gave this the luxury label on On the Beach must be SACKED hotel is like it's well past its prime and FULL of RUSSIANS there was only 8 English while we were there

Had to change room four times until we found one just bearable to stay for the week, beach was bombarded with local idiots selling trips etc all day long

As for food it's the worse we have ever had, we love a variety of different foods but this place was well below layby burger vans in fact the best meals in seven days was on the plane, No steak or Asian restaurant and rep said been shut for two years Not as per advert,

Spa was run by a guy only described as a boarder line pervert and everything was an EXTRA

Only plus side was Mike and his wife tried there best but time to leave!!!

Stayed December 2014
GeneralaOffice, General Manager at Tia Heights Makadi, responded to this review, yesterday
We are naturally concerned at the content of this review and have therefore written directly to the author of the review and also to the legal team at Trip Advisor. At this stage therefore, we will not make any further comment, however we would ask any potential guests due to visit us, to read recent positive reviews from guests who have stayed with us recently and draw their own conclusions from this.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Mike, the manager is relatively new and introduced himself to me on my first day asking if all was well and did I need anything. I didn't. Accommodation, food and facilities at this hotel right on the Red Sea was mostly what I wanted. I had a really good week. Mike and the staff are very keen for more Brits to head their way and nothing was too much trouble for them. Very friendly, welcoming people at a nice hotel.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled solo
GeneralManagerTia, General Manager at Tia Heights Makadi, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Anthony- many thanks for your kind and positive review. We enjoyed meeting you too and are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. We welcome guests from many nations and at a recent count, we had around 16 different nationalities in the hotel at one time! Naturally, as a Brit, I enjoy meeting fellow British guests, however we have made many friends from Europe, Russia and even the USA. Your kind words encourage us all to look towards 2015 in a positive manner and we do hope you will return and stay with us again soon.

Michael Booker
Malmesbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I have just arrived back 28th November 2014 from two weeks holiday in Tia heights. It was a very last minute plan so hence I did not have any expectations of my holiday accommodation. My attitude was you make it as you wish. I hadn't read up trip advisor before this one as usually it those who have a negative experience that want to report it to the traveller leaving it hard when something has been rectified. We can all find fault if you look. I wish to explain my experience I received. My journey started at Hurgarda airport where I was meet by my shuttle service I had organised. This was a perfect start as I was the only one on this shuttle bus direct to the hotel. Yes it is outside the city of Hurgada about 45 minutes. The shuttle bus guide informed me that the hotel that I was staying at is wonderful for relaxation and service.( he is not a hotel employee) this was exactly what I wanted and was put at ease before arrival. My check in went well and I was taken to my room which was outside the main hotel block which was very nice two floor high only. I was shown all that was needed in the room by the porter and he noticed that the light bulb on my balcony was not working he has that sorted in moments. The complex is vast and you don't need to leave it if you don't wish to. There is a huge Aqua park outside the main entrance of the hotel which is ideal for those looking for activity. The grounds are a credit to all the hard working gardeners who work constantly. The entrance hall of a large sweeping marble stair case is awsome which leads upstairs to some restaurants. I even notice what I thought was a tennis coach in the hotel was in fact employed with a electric tennis racket zapper for flies. Now that I thought was posh! The restaurants thou so many advertised not all where open as some where having maintenance been done on them which was no hardship for me. The restaurant I was shown to where I would have my meals was the prince Karim. I was told it was peace and quite. At first I thought that I was some sort of outcast,but I was total wrong. It was European guess zone if you wish,serving the same foods as other restaurants as it the same kitchens, but it also offered some individual dished to make you feel at home like Cottage pie,bread and butter pudding.etc. it was on my first morning that had the pleasure to meet and be welcomed by Micheal and his wife Trish,who I must admit I thought where the resturant manager,but later to find out that he was the general hotel manager! It was then I was introduced to the resturant manager Abdel wahgb who I can only stay both he and his team took brilliant care for all my meals and service,through tout my time there made you feel so welcome. The food was always well presented and had different choices daily. Complements and greatful thanks to all the chefs there and the variety provided.
The pool area was spotless and strictly cleaned daily even if no one uses them. Thou it was November the water in the pools are cold the sea was warmer for swimming in. I have to say that I was taken great care of by the pool by Ragab,Hazem and team who went out there way to make my time relaxing and stress free. I was always greeted by my personal name daily and service was exceptional. They did tell me they love ther job and it makes it for them when they see there guess happy and relaxing. Moham from the beach bar allways made sure I had my drinks served to me by my sun bed. I did use the hotel spa faciliest for 5 relaxing aroma massages durning my stay. It certainly helped to destress. The only downside to the service there was that they would not take credit card payment it had to be cash. I had to draw cash out of the hotel cash machine on my credit card which was a costly way then if they had accepted the card in the first place. My only advise regarding money as I am on the subject is try and get lower denomination somehow as the hotel reception only have 200,100 and 50 Egyptian pound notes which breaks down roughly to 20,10 and 5 English pounds. You need cash for trips the Egyptian lower currency goes down to 20,10 and 1 Egyptian pounds,which is 2,1 English pounds and 10 pence value. Your holiday is what you make of it. They stage can be set but you have to play your own part in it to appreciate it. I explored the dessert on a quad bike, I went to Luxor to see the Valley of the Kings,went snokling in the sea. All in all I had a brilliant holiday and one I can honestly say felt I was been treated like a VIP. The holiday achieved more then I needed and I found it difficult to leave this place. I do hope that those of you who read this will not go with expectations beyond but I can only report on my own experience and I definitly will be returning to this paradise on the Red Sea. I wish Mike and all his hard working team every success and many many thanks for making my holiday amazing.
Ps if the cost goes up I want mate rates. P

Room Tip: If not happy ask reception for alternative.
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled solo
GeneralManagerTia, General Manager at Tia Heights Makadi, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dear Philip - your kind and very detailed review is highly appreciated by the entire team here at Tia Heights, as it shows our efforts to meet our guests expectations are working. Your kind comments regarding individual team members will be passed on to them and I am sure they will be as delighted as I am to hear your kind compliments. It was a pleasure to meet you during your stay. I am sorry you confused me for the restaurant manager - I will need to work on this as Trish says I must be spending to much time in the restaurant!! We do hope you will come back and visit us again, it is a pleasure to have someone as nice as you stay with us.

Most sincerely

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Good. Concierge was friendly and helpful. The front desk staff however could show guests they are welcomed at the hotel by showing warm smiles, eye contact when serving and not just taking order like robot. Probably equivalent to 3-star hotel only...definitely not 5-star hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
GeneralManagerTia, General Manager at Tia Heights Makadi, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Many thanks for your recent review following your stay with us in June this year. We appreciate your kind feedback especially regarding facilities and service etc., however we were very sorry to learn of your experiences with a member of our Front Office staff. I can assure you that we take a very dim view of poor behaviour, as we aim to ensure that our staff give excellent service and meet guest expectations. We will therefore follow up on this with further training to improve guest satisfaction. We hope this has not deterred you from visiting us again.

Brighton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Having just returned from 4 weeks at this hotel, I'm delighted to say that we had a memorable holiday at the Tia. The vast grounds surrounding the hotel has the most stunning tropical gardens, the main building is very impressive the reception is all in marble and lushly furnished, although some of the rooms are alittle tired i understand that refurbishement is on the way.
Many pools surround the grounds, the tempature of the water was not warm, it is warm in the summer but not in November. We spent most of our time on the beautiful sandy beach, swimming/snorkling in the red sea was the highlight of our trip. The food is in abundance and the all inclusive drinks are very generous. The GM Mr. Micheal and his wife Trish were always at hand to insure that our trip would be perfect. I'm hoping to return next year.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
We appreciate you taking time to write your kind review. We are delighted you had an enjoyable holiday with us and hope you will visit us again, in the near future. We work hard to meet our guests expectations and your kind words mean so much to us.

Sevenoaks, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

fantastic hotel our second visit and will be returning again.
a warm welcome from friendly staff who cannot do enough to make your stay unforgettable.
very clean and tidy.
hotel on the beach.
beach boys will look after you and all your property while you swim in the clear
waters of the red sea.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Olympic Holidays – OlympicHolidays.com

Thank you for your kind review. To be entitled to be classed as the Best in Egypt, would really be an accolade to be proud of and we really appreciate your kind comments. We are certainly working very hard to ensure that our guests enjoy their stay with us and return again. As you will see from guests who stayed recently, we are doing well and achieving our aims. Many thanks once again and we hope to see you in the near future.

Sincerely from us all at Tia Heights

Michael Booker

Been to Tia Heights Makadi? Share your experiences!