This was the second time that we have stayed at your hotel, we enjoyed the experience so much the first time that we wanted to return. We stayed in March 2011 and at that time there were very few people, and no Russians. This time the majority of the clients were Russians.
The staff provided an excellent service, to name but a few, The Safaga Restaurant, Ibrahim, waiter, M de Moddther, Chef made our stay very enjoyable, the tall Chef who prepared the omelettes was also very good. Safaa, the bar attendant was excellent, always remembering our drinks and replenishing them when empty. The waiters at the Caravan beach restaurant and bar staff were very friendly too. One of them recognised us from last year and was very welcoming.
The staff from the beach towels also very friendly and helpful, Ragab and one who wears Basha tee-shirt.
We were allocated a room in main building, but unfortunately was near the Docker Disco, we asked to move and were given a choice of 2 other rooms, and was very happy with room, near to pool and beach. The room was clean and tidy, We requested a tea try and that was provided. We had a couple of problems with the room, trip switch went and door wouldnt open but both were fixed very quickly.
One area that needs to be updated is the Main reception toilets, the ladies, doors wouldnt lock and lights were broken. I did report that and the light mended but not the door locks. I left a note in suggestion box.
We went to the aqua park as it was included in our stay, it was excellent apart from the very loud music, far too loud, you could not get away from it. Also there are ledges within the pool which are not obvious and i fell over a couple of these, perhaps white lines could be put on so that they are visible. Also at the top of the slides they need a non slip mat, or grab rails as my partner fell and hurt his shoulder.
All in all I would love to return here again, and bring my grandchildren. I preferred the temperature in March 25 - 33 deg, this time it was 38 deg and did not cool down in the evening. Far too hot for me, but that is a personal thing.
Well done to all the staff for making my stay so enjoyable.
Personally I found the Russians quite rude to the staff, and they tended to overload plates of food, then leave them also they do push in. We understood that the owner was in Russia promoting the hotel, perhaps he ought to come to England and promote it here too, and offer discounts as Russians get.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on Egypt's spectacular Red Sea coast, TIA Height's large resort is ideally situated on a stretch of sandy beach in Makadi Bay. The hotel faces the magical waters of Egypt's Red Sea, nestled between desert dunes and breathtaking mountain ranges. The bay provides a superb location for scuba-diving and snorkeling. Built over 250,000 square metres (in a total surrounding area of one million square metres of land), this five star resort boasts a 6,400 square metre swimming pool that is considered the largest pool in the Middle East. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your Tia Heights Makadi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tia Heights Makadi Hotel Makadi Bay
- Tia Heights Makadi Bay
- Hurghada Le Meridien
- Meridien Makadi Bay
- Le Meridien Makadi Bay Hurghada