Me my Husband and our two daughters stayed at this hotel during the first week of August.
My remarks on this hotel are as follows:
1. Front Desk/ Reception- We dealt with three staff at the reception (Kamel, Shady and Motaz Farag). Kamel and Shady are very professional, pleasant and helpful. However Motaz Farag is a very rude person and the hotel management needs to give him some training on how to deal with guests in an appropriate and professional manner, I do not advise anyone to deal with this person.
2. Hotel Layout- is huge and clean.
3. Rooms- We were given 2 connected rooms which was nice, however, the rooms are not spacious,very old, and needs a lot of maintenance and refurbishment. Two of the lights were not working, minibar was very dirty with an awful smell, and we ended up only using one minibar in one of the rooms. The Mattresses are of very poor quality. The drawers and closet are so difficult in opening and closing.
We faced a safety issue, once raised to the hotel management, they gave it full attention and solved immediately. Many thanks for the hotel management.
I would advise any guest, if you face any problems, rather than spoiling your holiday and returning home with bad impressions on a nice hotel, please raise to the hotel management and I’m sure they will try to solve because they care to see you happy. I see many of the written bad reviews on this hotel are unfair.
4. Beach- Is awesome, crystal clear with soft sand, and plenty of sunshades. However no fish, the beach is excellent for swimming, but for snorkeling and seeing fish, then Hurghada and Sharm El Sheikh are much better locations then Makadi Bay.
5. Pools- Huge and you’ll never feel crowded, and again there is always plenty of sunshades, when we stayed at the hotel it was very crowded, but we always managed to find a parasol.
6. Aqua Park- For my kids this was the best part of the hotel, and if we will return again to this hotel it will definitely be for the aqua park which was very enjoyable, plenty of thrilling water slides, a kids pool with kids water slides, and a waves pool, it was fun for the whole family.
7. Restaurants- In brief it’s a school canteen. During every single meal, restaurant doors were closed and we’ve been asked to line outside the restaurant, since there were no empty tables, and we had to wait for around 15 minutes each time until our turn comes, and then another 10 minutes to manage to find an empty table inside the restaurant, meals time was a pain. Another restaurant is available in the second floor, however, after trying once, we found that it was missing many items served in the main restaurant at the ground floor.
8. Food & Drinks- Unfortunately, the quality and selection is very poor, I can’t rate it more than 3 stars. I hope the hotel management gives some attention to the quality of food and drinks provided.
Firstly, all 5 star hotels I’ve stayed at in Hurghada and Sharm El Sheikh offered canned juices, this hotel only offered powdered juices which is the poorest quality and cheapest juices in the Egyptian Market, and of course this made all offered cocktails tasteless.
Breakfast is the poorest quality I’ve ever seen, omelet with no cheese, pastries very bad, selection of cold cuts and cheese only 2 dishes and again very poor quality.
Lunch- we tried two options:
a. Lunch at the Aqua park restaurant which offers pizza and variety of sandwiches (Burger, hotdog…..etc), this was ok
b. Lunch at the main restaurant was repetitive and tasteless, very poor indeed, only once during our stay the lunch at the main restaurant was good
Dinner- no theme nights, salads and soups are very bad. Every day there was pasta, rice and sauted vegetables, in addition to 3 other side dishes which were always very bad and poor, however the main dish was good, each night was a different main dish (grilled kofta, grilled chicken, veal, turkey, ….etc). I hope the chef concentrates in providing better side dishes and salads.
The desserts are repetitive and again very bad, and very poor and limited selection of fruits.
Another very bad point, which I hope the management gives some attention to, is the food quantity, it must be enough for all guests, however, I noticed that some good dishes finish by 8 p.m. at dinner.
This happened with me on the Egyptian night, the dessert buffet had Om Ali, and when I decided to have my dessert around 08:30 p.m. I was surprised to find it finished, I asked the Chef if this empty tray will be replaced and was shocked with his response, sorry we’ve run out of this dish.
9. Animation- Night shows were mainly by the animation team, and were ok, but not as good as other hotels. Another disadvantage here is that you are asked to pay for the shows some nights, and of course this is something I’ve never seen before in any of Hurghada hotels.
In Summary, If you have kids or if you enjoy aqua parks then go to this hotel, also if your looking for a great beach this is the place, but if you want good food and luxury then you can get a much better quality with the same value at other hotels.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.