“2 weeks rest and relaxation” 4 of 5 stars

Caribbean World Resorts Soma Bay
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   49 KM, Safaga Rd | Soma Bay, Hurghada 84511, Egypt   |
Ranked #45 of 179 Hotels in Hurghada
Shropshire, United Kingdom
“2 weeks rest and relaxation”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

Got back from holiday sat 24th August after 2 weeks. Cant complain about this hotel as it ticked all the right boxes.
Room - spacious and clean. Mohammad our house keeper looked after us, clean towels, bottled water, fresh sheets and flowers. my grandson got on well with him and helped him every day.
Gardens - well kept lawns, plenty of trees for shade and Ali the gardener for the block we were in ( block 9, room 9001) brought me fresh mint and flowers every day, he was a nice pleasant man.
Pools - 5 in total, well kept, clean. feature waterfalls, wooden bridge, middle pool had a Jacuzzi which was very popular. Mohammad the pool guy kindly put our beds on the lawn outside our room and it kept the salesmen away from us.
Bars - too many to count but Said at the pool bar became my husbands new best friend, he was very polite and knew what my husband was drinking so he didn't have to queue up with the other holidaymakers and kept his glass topped up.
The Gazebo bar served proper ice cream and did the best Mojitos ever, again we didn't have to queue up and had waiter service because we took the time to get to know the staff.
Tortuga restaurant - great food served there, choices from Mexican, Italian, American, Egyptian food, fresh cooked and delicious.
Main restaurant - mainly used for breakfast but again a good variety of food. our head waiter looked after us and gave us the same table every day with fresh flowers and our drinks waiting for us.
Fish market restaurant - I promised Amer id mention him, by far the best place to eat and was very cheap we couldn't believe it. my husband was not a fish eater but this experience has his mind changed. sea bass, salmon, giant shrimp, calamari all served fresh caught with a delightful starter and juicy watermelon to cleanse the palate. Amer was wonderful and he told us all about his family and showed us pictures of his beautiful children. He also went out of his way for our grandson who didn't like the fish, he was more than happy to help, we went their 3 times.
Trips - having been to Egypt 5 times before we didn't do many trips but we did do the submarine trip which my grandson loved. we paid for a snorkelling trip but had to cancel due to the troubles in Hurghada which was a shame, but there was plenty to do and Tito who owned the horses and camels made a new friend with our grandson taking him on rides down at the beach on the camels mickey mouse and Pepsi and the horses Liza and Madonna.
Weather - Egypt famous for sun, sun and more sun but I will say it was too hot even for me so as we usually come here September - November time. but all in all I can not fault this hotel and I hope that the crisis in Egypt improves as it is a beautiful country and tourism is suffering as we noticed this into the second week of our holiday but my family and I will return again next year and every year after that

Room Tip: take a few minutes to get to know the staff around you and the odd tip goes along way and they do ap...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Trzic, Slovenia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

In pictures, the hotel rooms and the environment of the resorts indeed looks nice.

The reality is different.

Room: Our room was in a block nearby a huge construction site (half of the blocks are). Ofcourse the construction site began working early mornings, so we were awakened every morning by the sounds of machines, hammers and other annoying sounds. Receptionists were not too interested to help us.

The room was spacious, but that's about it. The doors and isolation was poor and noise from outside and neighbour rooms was annoying.

Food - one word: horrible. Everything looks and pretty much tastes the same. It was served buffet style but very poor choice.

Staff: Hardly English speaking, had problems understanding us. At one point I couldn't even get a spoon when I asked for one, got a plastic plate instead. The waiters annoying, trying to poke jokes at me, supposedly for being serious at my table whilst trying to eat. I'm not easily annoyed, but they've crossed their lines on several occasions.

Beach: unreasonably limited swimming area.

Salesmen: probably the worst thing about the resort. Even in the clearly marked "No salesmen area" we've constantly been annoyed by various salesmen; offering massages, cruise trips, snorkeling trips... And the worst, they wouldn't take no for an answer. After rejecting a certain salesman for the thrid time, he started calling us names and behaved unprofessionally to say the least.

Buying: So difficult. Had to negotiate for everything. Couldn't even buy a simple hat for the sun without negotiating for the price first. It's exhausting.

Above, I've probably described like 99% of all hotels by the Red Sea (Egypt). There are hotels, locations in this world for the same price that are far more safe, beautiful, comfortable and enjoyable. A big NO for Egypt on my part.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Bratislava, Bratislava, Slovakia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

I just came back from this hotel yesterday. The hotel resort is quite big with lots of green grass and trees.
If you want to reserve your sun bed in the first row, you should get up at 6.20 am. Later you could have a problem with that, but no problem with reservation in other rows at all.
If I did not have a tv in my room, I would not have known about situation in Egypt.
Regardless of the state of emergency in Egypt, I did not have a problem with any kind of service during my stay.
Pros & cons:
+ quite big resort
+ good oportunities for snorkling
+ good conditions for windy sports
+ own medical center

- cuisine
- the same programme during a day
- no posibillities for late night walkings outside the resort

• Stayed August 2013
Dartford, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

First of all prior to going we looked at the reviews and thought maybe we should not of booked this.
However all our family were amazed at the place!
Food- yes maybe not to everyone's liking but there is something for everyone.
Our family had no stomach upsets.
The staff were outstanding and friendly
The resort is in a beautiful condition,very clean and maintained very well.
Salesmen are there but not as pushy as you may of heard as a firm no means no.
Yet saying that the excursions were reasonably priced and well worth doing adding to the experience.
We felt that the ice creams though should of been available at all bars not just the gazebo bar as the kiddies slide pool was at he other end of he resort away from the ice cream vender.

On a personal note our family would like to thank Ezz for making our holiday a special and unforgettable time for us all,and to all the other members of staff at the Caribbean world resort we thank you too.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

This was our first trip to hugara and this hotel,was a little worried before we went as some of the reviews weren't great. However we had a great time,food in main restaurant was ok,breakfast was the best meal here, the are also two a la cart restaurants the BBQ and Italian, we were told by our rep that as we wore red wrist band that we were VIP,s and that we were entitled to as many visits to the a la cart restaurants as many times in that two weeks.
The staff are very aware of the bad review they are getting on here and try very hard to make sure that every thing is ok on your holiday, we had only one issue which was the air con not working but this was resolved within hours of us going to reception.
This hotel was mainly Russian and Germans but this was not an issue for us.
Would return to this hotel the only thing that let if down was the door in main restaurant but we never went hungry and its a little further away from hugara than we though 45 minutes by hotel shuttle bus. Thanks to the staff in the gazebo bar for filling our glasses and giving us great service.

Room Tip: Trip little and often - for that extra VIP feeling.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Znojmo, Czech Republic
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

I stayed in this hotel in summer 2011 and was big disappointment. The hotel is definitely not 5*, but more 3+* hotel.
The complex looks nice, but the service and food is very average. Especially the sortiment of food in the main restaurant was sometimes very poor.
The cleannes in pool and restaurants is ok, but in the room was it teribble. In your room was cockroachs and the personal was absolut not interessted and reluctant to do something. They chnaged our room after 4 days of complaining and asking without any word of apologize for trouble! It was my worst stay in Egypt.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Belgrade, Serbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

Looks: landscape is just like it is on pictures! Great! Especialy if you know that it is made on sand and stone :-)

Rooms: really big, clean and comfortable. Great terrace view! Spacious bathroom, soft towels. Give some tips to the cleaner - they really aprecciate it!

Beach: beautiful! Carribean style :-) Worth to come here!

Guest service: very kind and helpful, especially Mrs Olena

Pools and aqua park: Looks nice, but I prefered clean and warm sea. Aqua park gives you or your children chance to have great fun. It is simple, but in Egypt if hotel has impresive aqua park, the beach or sea is not as good.

Food: Not spectacular, but no one will stay hungry. BBQ restaurant has the best choise of meals. Shrimp in Tortuga was great!

Spa: clean, great massage, big sauna. Bargain and you will get really good service!

Animation team: These people give their best! They work hardly whole day!

I travelled all around the world and like Egypt very much, so I know what to expect - beautiful beach, warm sea, and I got it here plus nice looking hotel and kind staff. If you expect to eat and drink exquisite or to have night fun - you should pick Spain, Italy, Greece... Otherwise, you will enjoy this beautiful carribean style vacation!

Well done CWSB and thank you for your effort :-)

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to Caribbean World Resorts Soma Bay? Share your experiences!