“very nice hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #41 of 182 Hotels in Hurghada
slovenija
“very nice hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

I was very pleased at this, even though many Russian guests with great food, great rooms, clean them thoroughly every day I had a really nice room, a lot of ala carte restaurants, large swimming pools and a lovely, large beautiful beach, staff very friendly and is by far the best animators and show programs, short thank you to all the employees of the hotel, especially in the animator and that the Mr was cleaning my room for a wonderful holiday.....

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012 via mobile

I went there before when it was run by the Pyramisa hotels and liked it. This time I discovered total difference with this new adminstrators. The hotel is run for Russians only. Even the TV has Russian Chanels only. The food is in large quantities but very poor and cheap qualities. I had food poisoning and spent a whole day in the clinic. The bathroom was out of paper rolls for the last two days.
It is my last visit there. My advice: do not go ther

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Cairo, Egypt
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2012

that is the for sure the worst hotel managment and staff ever they dont know anything about tourism and how to treat guests. Bunch of unqualified staff from top down. its not a place to go to relax i have never been in my life to a place that bad. there are other hotels arround in the same area and much better service.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
Cairo, Egypt
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2011

I went to Pyramisa With my family in a conference , we enjoyed the rooms there , the rooms were spacious and ii has amazing view over the garden and the sea far away. the restaurant was the best restaurant I've ever seen , it's huge and contains every type of food in Breakfast and Dinner!!! , it has a swimming pool but it was so cold because it was March!! , there was a children waterslides but staff there were rude and they didnt operate it until I went and told them and they often shut it while my children are in it!!!

while we were there we wore bracelets telling that we are in "all inclusive" , it's a service in the hotel which lets you to take tea , juices , drinks , water , all free!!!

but at the last day the rude staff asked us to take it off in the morning before we left at night and also we had two connected rooms , they asked us to leave one of them at 12 o'clock pm on our leaving day , and we were angry and we had to leave it and after that , no one came to take the rooms key or nothing , so we were angry that we have left the room and it was left till we left! so we could use it this time!!!

and also we asked the manager few times to operate the wifi for us , they didnt want and told that it was not avilable

, I won't go again really because of this Treatment!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2011 via mobile

I like this hotel
The beach is amazing
You can see a variety of colored fish without snorkeling it's very near to the coast
The service is good
The room is clean
Everything was ok

• Stayed December 2010
florence-italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2011

I was there with 2 week beach holyday with a great surprise. too mutch russians,but if other west europeans countrys,are cared like panda,very precious. Facilties,prioryties for every thing you need.Was a Ramadan month and the water sports center was closed,but with Pegas assistance was easy to find other sports center available. August usually is very hot,but ther is very nice wind every day. special thanks to mr.Mohamed, desk-front mannager,allways happy to do sommething for you.
Certainly back again next summer

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Durham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2011

We were very worried reading all the negative reviews but hey, we booked it and decided to make the most of it.
So first of all - the staff - the nicest and hard working people you can meet. Yes they might be trying to offer you some massages etc on the beach, but if you say no, they leave you alone. Bar and restaurant staff are really helpful and friendly. I guess they all are tired of rude Eastern Block guests, so people form the UK are a nice change.
This brings us to the other guests. At the time we were the only British staying at the hotel, which was great in a way - one of the reasons we went to Hurghada instead of Sharm - we didn't fancy Egyptian Benidorm. Anyway Ukrainians and Russians are annoying - not loud and drunk like some say but rude. Pushing in, not saying please or thank you etc - but having lived in the Eastern Block before I can say it's just the way they are, cultural diference, that's all. Russians on the other hand are actually loud, drunk and rude - but nothing you wouldn't expected from British, german or Italian tourists. I mean they're on holiday, get over it.
We loved being away from town, we went on holiday to relax and rest so the place was great for it. But I'm sure that if we stayed longer we might have been bored in the evening. Like the other review says entertainment, although also in English is mainly aimed at the other guests. I understand Russian so it was not a problem, but my husband was getting annoyed haha.
But being surrounded by Eastern was actually funny at moments. Seeing them do step aerobics etc was hilarious. They looked like an army. Perfect timing. It's something you would see in 1960s Butlins - organised activities. We are pretty sure they must have signed some sort of disclosure that they must take part in all the beach activities or else... haha
Anyway Ukraining rep Julia was very helpful, helped us organise a Quad bike safari - which was just amazing. Highly recommended.
Hotel itself is huge, very clean, beautiful and in general great. Rooms are very clean and a nice size. So we were happy with it. Food? Very nice. Everyone would find something for themselves, lots of fresh veg, freshly baked buns and breads, cheese, chicken, beef, fish, rice, pasta, egyptian pizzas and amazing selection of cakes and the list goes on and on.
Oh and after spending all day on a beach we felt the cold breeze in the evening, so a long sleeve clothing is a must.
And if you like animals like me you would have been over the moon - in the reception area there was a mother with 5 kittens - they were out if the way, but I still managed to feed them 3 times a day haha
So in general very nice holiday. We want to go again, as we're interested in diving and this time due to my health problems - i managed to pull my neck muscles hahah we were unable.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Dessole Pyramisa Sahl Hasheesh Resort? Share your experiences!