went to the mamlouk palace last july with my wife and son (13) hotel itself to look at is fantastic the view from the terrace is amazing looking down at all the pools,all areas were kept spotless by the hard working staff, weather as usual for egypt was fantastic up 48 degrees!!! at the pools not a lot of sunbed space and not a lot of shade,which trust me you really need,ROOMS_ rooms are a fair size ,clean ,large enough for us (3) POOLS_pool area is very nice and clean pools are spotless slides are ok if your 13!!FOOD_ the buffet food (breakfast,lunch,dinner) in the mamlouk was not great bit repetative food at garden beach was a lot better (next door)BARS_drink was very poor spirits were awful all tasted the same even the cocktails!! beer was nice only because it was cold,waiters bring your drinks to you on the terrace which is just as well as half the bar staff dont have a clue !!ALA CARTE FOOD _the mexican is realy nice food is lovely good choice staff are excellent bend over backwards to make sure you have a nice time. Chinese is ok very small portions and in a hurry to get you in and out as soon as poss.OTHER GUESTS_well what can i say the hotel caters for lets say eastern europeans that are a law unto themselves they dont que for anything weather its the food the snack bars the bars they have to be first even if they dont actually know what it is they want to be first for,some of them not all are very rude,and all of them and i do mean all the men wear budgie smugglers oh yes all shapes and all sizes!!! Overall mamlouk palace is good not 5 star but ok most of the staff are nice would i return to this hotel? no but if you decide to go then ask for a room near main building we had room down at the beach and believe me its a long trek from your room in that heat !!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the Egyptian hospitality at the 5 star (local category) SENTIDO Mamlouk Palace Resort with the oriental flair and a special family friendly atmosphere and hotel facilities. The private sandy beach offers relaxing hours directly at the Red Sea. Here you will enjoy breathless sunset and fantastic views to the desert, mountains and the turquoise waters of the Red Sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your SENTIDO Mamlouk Palace Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunrise Mamlouk Palace Hotel Hurghada
- Sunrise Mamlouk Palace Hurghada