“BRILL HOLIDAY” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #20 of 181 hotels in Hurghada
Mexborough, England, United Kingdom
“BRILL HOLIDAY”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

my wife and I just had a 2 weeks holiday at the mamlouk palace 8-7-13 to 22-7-13 form stepping off the plane to getting to the hotel was no trouble to any one we was in 31201 room garden view no far from beech all the staff there are a CREDIT to the hotel the boat trip we took was booked at the end of the peir and was a great day out all the staff on the boat where amazing so was the food you have to try the a al carte restaurants.try to keep away from the shops outsde the hotel as this was a nightmare the shop keepers would not let you just look you are expected to buy something the food in buffet restaurant was also very nice the rooms where very spacious clean and tidy we will be returning

Room Tip: any room would be nice
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

426 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Suffolk UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

On arrival we were promptly checked in and given a cool drink and taken to our room with baggs following within minutes. We were upgraded to a sea view room for free which we had not asked for and could not have been a better room for us (32108) right on the beach almost. We spent most of our holiday on the beach sunbathing and swimming we were there 7 days with our 13 year old son. We had no trouble getting a sunbed every day although the place is huge did not feel overcrowded in any way although there were lots of people. Long walk through resort to restaurant through lovely gardens and pool area was lovely for us although probably with walking toddler not so good lol. Food was good with plenty of variety should point out we are not particularly fussy eaters although our son is and there was always something for him ie chips, bread and chicken. The strong breeze helped with the heat as we are not usually sun seekers. The staff were very helpful. We did one trip to Maymah an island around 45 mins away by boat it was beautiful. We did not get involved in any of the entertainment as that's not generally our thing but the entertainment staff seemed to be good fun. There are a lot of Russians there and they are very rude to staff and others. We did not try any of the al carte restaurants as we could not be bothered to go and book from 12 am we got on fine at the all inclusive restaurant. Basically we just wanted a relaxing stress free holiday which is what we got at this very beautiful hotel. Thankyou to all the staff and our little room cleaner Karem.

Room Tip: 30000 are away from pool area and closer to the beach.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
wakefield
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

We travelled to this hotel as a family of four. After an hours delay we arrived at the hotel very late in the evening, check in was really quick but all there was to eat was a few stale bread rolls. When we got to our room we were very upset that there was no cot, our 19 month old son was very tired and we had to wait for about an hour to get a cot before we could put him to bed.

The following morning we were greeted with glorious sunshine. We went for breakfast which wasn't too bad to start with but at the end of ten nights you get fed up with eggs and tomatoes every morning. The food was the biggest let down for the hotel, at lunch there was nothing for myself and my 13 year old to eat so we ended up living off pizza for lunch every day which we got at the beach bar. Food wasn't very good in the evening either, my husband lived on rice and pasta. Meat was either chicken or beef which was either undercooked or overcooked. No imagination at all. The food runs out very quick and there not fast enough to replace it, same for plates and cutlery. We tried the sister hotel and the food and the set up was a lot better. I had a really bad stomach when i got home and its taken three weeks get rid of it.

The italian restaurant was really nice with a sax player in the back ground, the food was lovely and this was first evening i didn't go to bed hungry. The oriental was nice but thats the best i can give it.

The pools were lovely but got closed twice whilst we were there due to dirty people. Watch out for the whislte blower, he was constantly telling my teenager to take his t-shirt off in the hottest part of the day, whilst other people had clothes on too. We just ignored him after trying to reason with him and getting nowhere. We never really struggled to get sun loungers.

The area around the hotel was very slippy, i fell once while walking to the beach and we saw a few others go down too.

If you have a baby in a pushchair this is not the hotel for you as there are no lifts at all, we had to carry the pushchair up and down the stairs with our son in it and still people did not move out of the way.

We tipped a few times for great service and then got even better service, i dont think the guys expect it but i know they appreciate it, after all, would you not leave a tip when you go out for a meal in England. They work very long hours for i'm guessing not a lot of money.

We paid for a family room and e-mailed the hotel asking if we could have a pool view which is what we got. The rooms are very large and beds i found to be the best i've slept in on holiday. The only thing that lets the rooms down is the bathroom, we had numerous problems with our shower, the bathrooms are very grubby and in desperate need of a refurb.

The shop on the beach is a lot cheaper than the one round the pool. If you use the shop in the hotel stay away from John, very sleezy and inappropriate.

We had some lovely family photo's taken, if you do this use the guy that calls himself John Travolta and make your deal with him, the boss tried to rip us off. Dont sit on the grass because its covered in ants and they were huge. The ant bites were worse then the mossy bites.

Thanks to our cleaner Moutamid, did a great job and even left some towel art one day. Thanks to Laura for getting us our baby milk.

Would we go to Hurghada again, without a doubt, its a beautiful place but we would choose a different hotel.

Room Tip: Groung pool views are lovely but very noisy with kids running past screeming till after twelve.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

Similar views to many recent posts. Rooms big and clean, if a little dated. We had a family room in block 15, which is very near the main restaurant. Could step out from ground floor balcony to the pool or bar. Not much noise, either. Would like a bigger TV with satellite channels. Only English language was CNN and BBC World. Food in buffet is average - you can always find something to eat. Queue barging much exaggerated. Recommend going to buffet about 45 minutes after opening when it is less busy. Oriental, Italian, and Asian restaurants all decent. Managed to book these early in the morning - but not necessary at midnight, as some have suggested. Free wifi on the terrace and just inside the lobby. Room safe big enough for a small laptop and a few iPads. Laundry service reasonable - average 1GBP per item. I have no intention of returning to Hurghada, but if I did I would consider this hotel again.

Room Tip: Ground floor facing pool near lobby. Bit of a trek to beach and a la carte restaurants - but everyth...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Oxford, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

Firstly, if you are looking to go diving/snorkelling in the Red Sea.....do it! Absolutely amazing....

Could not recommend Professional Diving Leadership more, Tito, Magda, Aladin and everyone else for making my dive trip amazing, even though I had left my licence at home. These guys are very very good!

Trust me, the trend on trip advisor is correct......there are a lot of people saying the same things as I am on this one.....this is my first review and I am saying the same things as others on this hotel.....heed the warning before booking!

That being said, there was not a lot else to commend it. Hotel was extremely poor in it's attitude to its European guests. I'm not looking for people to wait on me hand and foot.....(I have run restaurants for the last 8 years...so I have a certain amount of industry experience) but the majority of staff are not interested.....however there are a few excellent members of staff.

Food is obviously a problem! We had a better meal on a dive boat in the middle of the Red Sea with PDL than we had our entire stay at the hotel on land.....ridiculous! We got used to eating off dirty tables with no management as to turning tables or keeping things clean. Drinks service was non existent.

We complained about the food and were told to come and see the executive chef in the evening so he could 'cook us something'.....not being funny, but I don't really feel like talking about it....the standard is not there and it should be! Don't really want 'but it's not to you're taste' etc etc......well if PDL can do it in the middle of the Red Sea to a high standard then why the hell can't they do it in the hotel? Not expecting Michelin Star.....just a bit of meat that isn't liver maybe.....I like liver but don't want to eat it everyday......

Housekeeping was very good....nice, charming and relaxed. Clean rooms everyday and just to a high standard.

Lots of hassling round the pool by the 'spa' guys.....really aggressive! Not happy about that but there you go.....what can you expect?

Not a great trip.....great diving.....hotel was a waste of time. Poor management, poor customer service. Disappointing trip.....just really disappointing.....

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Sheffield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

I want to start with a big thank you to the animation team Ozo,Chico,Lito, Kimo and the rest of the team for making the stay at the hotel memorable and extremely enjoyable organising trips, arranging sporting activities and the shows that they performed in. Every member of the team was easy to get along with and did their best to make you feel like a friend of theirs which me and my partner appreciated greatly so Thank you!

The staff at the hotel were undoubtedly the nicest staff members I have come across in any hotel I have stayed in and genuinely made myself and my partner feel very welcome and appreciated whilst we were there.

The food choice was broad and being able to book at a restaurant where again the staff were brilliant and if you had any problems would go out of there way and beyond to solve and rectify it. The mid day snack bars by the pool were brilliant! you could ask for a pizza which they cooked in front of you so you could sit down and have a cool down with an ice cold drink.

The Bars were brilliant and all the bar staff were very friendly and would always be up for a laugh with you. One person in particular who served me drinks each night at the bar was named Seed and he was extremely attentive and if the bar was not busy would have a quick chat to you as he served your drinks this made us want to go in every night just because of the hospitality shown by these kinds of people.

on behalf of me and my partner I would like to say thank you to all the staff at Mamlouk and I hope to see you in the near future.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

Went to sentido Mamlouk on June the 18th till the 2 of July . When we arrived at the hotel me and my Parter new by far we had made the best choice of hotels along the strip. It was beautiful.. Had some trouble getting our room as we asked for a beach view and payed an extra £300 pound... When booking the holiday.. After some time and 2 different rooms later we finally got our room.. The first few days was touch and go..the food in the main Restaurant nothing special..as I my self am a chef in London .. The chefs are rude! And like every other comment on trip adviser the Russians are rude countless times pushed pass my Pantner no respect at all and also there children .. I had a meeting with the head chef and head barman the next day they was very understanding and served all our complaints.. We went to the Asian Restaurant and met Eslam the manger what a top man let alone a great friend! He looked after us for the rest of our holiday! The food was out of this world! And a big thank you to our room cleaner Ahmed once again top man! And to finish it off the towel man on the beach Mahmoud had me in fits of giggles such a lovely person always put us first! Another friend of ours also ! The people above really made our holiday and due to that we are going to return in August..the weather is beautiful and the egyption people love the English too... In all honestly sentido Mamlouk has a place In my heart and what a lovely place Egypt is.. Many thanks to our great friend Eslam and sentido Mamlouk for making our fantastic holiday.. If you do have problems just ask the staff there a great team of people..

• Stayed August 2012

Been to SENTIDO Mamlouk Palace Resort? Share your experiences!