Just back from our first visit to Sunrise Mamlouk, which is now Sentido, and we had an excellent time. There were 8 of us and we were given 3 rooms next door to eachother on arrival. I particularly enjoyed the 4 a la carte restaurants and we made sure we tried all of them. You can book the restaurants 24 hours in advance which is a definate must do. The hotel is clean, neat and the pool area is spectacular. Our rooms were near the beach, but be prepared to walk as the hotel is massive and it was apparently a kilometre from our rooms to reception! Our room was cleaned everyday and we really liked the use of the free safe and complimentary tea coffee and water! The Victorian Pub was great in the Mamlouk Garden Palace, it had a great barman who really impressed us with his cocktails! Also, a good tip if your buffet is quite busy is to remember you can go for your meals in either hotel, and we found that some days one was busier than the other.
New Years Eve was absolutely spectacular, we were led down a red carpet into an amazing Arabian themed marquee and the hotel put on an amazing spread for 2000 people. We had our own private table with an excellent waitor called ALAA who attended to our every need on the night. Drinks were flowing, great entertainment and the food was out of this world. So much to chose from, particularly amazing prawn tower and selection of just about everything you could wish for!
One negative I would have to mention is the some of the service throughout the rest of our holiday wasn't so great. We had an issue with towels from the "towel centre" and felt as though we were being accused of stealing two towels. Without offering to help us address the problem we were told to find the towels or pay a £25 fine! The issue was resolved thanks to 2 other hotel guests who had seen is return the towels.
Make sure you get a red flag from the towel centre if you don't want to be hassled whilst you sunbathe, but generally the guys that sell the trips and the girls from the beauty parlour were very friendly to us. I would also recommend having some photos taken with ADAM, he took our holoiday photos and had them airbrushed so they look great! If you buy in bulk you can barter for a good price and it was definately worth it!
Overal excellent stay, few minor hiccups with some of the staff not being very helpful but generally excellent!
Would I go back? Yes
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the Egyptian hospitality at the 5 star (local category) SENTIDO Mamlouk Palace Resort with the oriental flair and a special family friendly atmosphere and hotel facilities. The private sandy beach offers relaxing hours directly at the Red Sea. Here you will enjoy breathless sunset and fantastic views to the desert, mountains and the turquoise waters of the Red Sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your SENTIDO Mamlouk Palace Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunrise Mamlouk Palace Hotel Hurghada
- Sunrise Mamlouk Palace Hurghada