Hotel area (check-in/out, reception, infrastructure, ...): After check-in (we arrived around 14h00) we were recommended to have lunch in the main restaurant, during that time our room was made ready. But we instantly felt welcome and we got a small tour of the resort with some explanation about the infrastructure, what you could do and when. When we had a complaint about the room itself, it was followed up very fast. As we only wanted a lazy sunny vacation, the heated swimming pool was a very nice extra! Also the resort was quite big, but nicely decorated, although the buildings and decorations themselves could use an extra touch of paint to let it revive again!
Room: We had a nice, spacious and tidy room with lovely view on the heated swimming pool. The bathroom had a big walk in shower, but the water-pressure from the shower was the most disappointing part of our holiday... Apparently there was nothing to do about this, and other guests we asked about this seemed to have the same issue.
However, the room was kept clean all week, unfortunately little items such as a shampoo and drinking water - which were there on arrival - were not refilled
Restaurant: A generous buffet (for breakfast, lunch and dinner) with a lot of options: a kids corner, healthy corner, local food, etc.
Also 3 stations where each day something else was served "à la minute"
Luckily the buffet is quite large and you can choose something else each day, because the rest of the week most ingredients are prepared in the same way.
We also tried 2 of the à-la-carte restaurants (Asian and Mexican), of which we would definitely recommend the Mexican!
Extra: Like each resort also this resort has multiple pool bars and restaurant where you can find drinks and lunch; with different dishes each day.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the Egyptian hospitality at the 5 star (local category) SENTIDO Mamlouk Palace Resort with the oriental flair and a special family friendly atmosphere and hotel facilities. The private sandy beach offers relaxing hours directly at the Red Sea. Here you will enjoy breathless sunset and fantastic views to the desert, mountains and the turquoise waters of the Red Sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your SENTIDO Mamlouk Palace Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunrise Mamlouk Palace Hotel Hurghada
- Sunrise Mamlouk Palace Hurghada