“Worst hotel ever from frequent travellers” 1 of 5 stars

Premium Blue Lagoon Resort
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Village Road, Hurghada 84111, Egypt   |
Ranked #141 of 182 Hotels in Hurghada
St Peter Port, United Kingdom
“Worst hotel ever from frequent travellers”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Hotel shabby and dirty. Initially showed us a room with dirty bed and dirty bathroom. Second room only marginally better. On the fourth day our room was forcibly entered whilst we were at dinner, the safe was removed from the wardrobe and had been forced open. All our money was stolen and my mobile phone taken. At that stage my husbands credit cards were missing, they strangely appeared later in a completely different area of the room, this happened at the same time as my husband was busy cancelling them on his mobile. We were continually lied to by the staff, who were in coercion with the police not to provide a crime report for an insurance claim. The transfer bus was waiting to take us to the airport before a report was forthcoming. The hotel owner raged at the police trying to prevent them from writing a report, this sounded so violent we were not allowed to enter the building at that time. The police offered to provide the report after they knew our flight would have taken off, they were trying to bribe us. The report only materialised when they realised all our money had been stolen and we had nothing to give them.

Room Tip: Just don't go there
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

It is a beautiful hotel. The staff is very pleasunt. In particular, I was impressed by Atteya Farag- a gentleman at the reception which was very attentive, friendly and courteous. I'd go back there anytime.

• Stayed August 2014
AminaAly, Manager at Premium Blue Lagoon Resort, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear Florina,
Thank you for your feedback! Looking forward to welcome you again in our hotel.
Sincerely, representative of the hotel.
NRW, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

It is a great hotel. Good located in Hurghada. I was single traveler and had a perfect time there. The food was as mostly usual in Egypt acceptable.
I met a fantastic animation team, which always brougt good mood and had dayli changing activities. Especially the chef animation Hamada and a girl named Julia had always a good joke and u saw they enjoy them work.
All in all it was a nice stay. Thanks to all staff.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled solo
Dear Rene,
Thank you for your feedback! Our pleasure to welcome you again in our hotel.
Sincerely, representative of the hotel.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2014

The worst hotel and experience ever, I made booking by booking.com but when I came to check in the staff couldnt find my reservation. I should show them reservation confirmation in my e-mail but internet did not work. They checked me in after waiting one hour and told me we will sort things out in the morning. They I went for dinner, the restaurant looks like horrible bar, desaster. Then I went to room, there was no hot water, cleaning was so-so. In the morning they couldnt find my booking, as per FO Manager internet still didn't work, and it was already 10:00. I asked FO Manager how are they managing their business if internet is not working and they are not able to receive reservations, they can contact them by phone????
Then I asked to speak to GM, and FO Manager told me he will be maybe here in one hour????
Then somehow they find reservation and I checked out immidiately even I had to stay 3 nights. FO Manager wears jeans and shirt?????!!!!!desaster
General cashier doesn't have teeth??????
Staff doesn't have uniforms???
This is NO STAR hotel

• Stayed October 2014
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014

We arrived at 12 pm , Reception can't find our reservation & we had to send them the hotel confirmation through our email while he can contact his reservation department easily.

We waited till 3pm till they found our reservation then we was informed that there is no rooms available & we should wait ,at 4 pm we went to our rooms and feeling that we started our vacation, just wanted to take shower we discovered that there was no water... I called the reception and they said they will send someone I waited again no one came, I went down for the reception to ask for a solution I was informed that the hotel was closed for a long time& just opened before I arrived with 15 days and only 100 room available outof 300 and there is no staff enough for the hotel , it means that all the hotel rooms are not ready for guests and that our room has a problem with water and wait for another room which was not clean also& shower doesn't work, I decided to check out after a horrible 6 hours & went to another hotel.

Note: in the time,there was 2 similar situations in the reception one of them called the police.

No apologies are accepted from the management you should legally asked for this rating, you should be reclassified as a 1 star hotel...

Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Cairo, Egypt
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014

this hotel is horrible !
i had a business event there and we booked through a tourist Office as it is supposed that it is ( 5 Stars ).. but when we arrived i found it 2 Stars Maximum..
i wonder how it can be 5 ! ! i got many promises to improve the cleanliness of the rooms and the food as we are having visitors in the training day..
but no vain..insects in the rooms , very poor food , dirty house keeping and very very terrible customer service..no suppliers in the room..there is no hot water !
i had to cancel the event 20 HRS before it starts and moved to a real 5 stars hotel in el Gouna..
it cause me alot of troubles to change an event place and accommodation for 25-30 persons in that short notice..the only good thing is the room view (ONLY
so advise any one not to stay there at all..i had a very horrible and terrible experience there.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Truro, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

We went here in October 2010 and October 2011 and had a wonderful time we understand that 5 starts in Egypt is a lot different to 5 starts in the UK so we had no issues rebooking in 2013; sadly things had gone down hill. The food was not great and we only really used it for breakfast as its so cheap to eat out in Hurghada, the hotel was not clean and there seemed to be very little housekeeping staff compared to our other visits. The staff are mostly friendly some remembered us from our other visits and seemed embarrassed at the state of things. We are planning to go back to Hurghada this October as it a fab location but will not be staying here.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Omar_T_Talaat, Front Office Manager at Premium Blue Lagoon Resort, responded to this review, August 14, 2014
our valued guest,
thanks for taking time to post your review at tripadvisor, we are looking for improve our service by reading your complains and work it out as soon as possible and be sure at your next visit to us you will not complain from the same things because we are always improve our quaility service according to our guest needs, our dear guest, you used to be much better and it will be superior as soon as possible

Been to Premium Blue Lagoon Resort? Share your experiences!