“Excellent Luxurious Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 181 hotels in Hurghada
Cairo, Egypt
“Excellent Luxurious Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013 via mobile

This is my first time to Steigenberger Aldau beach hotel & I found it up to the level of the feedback that I had received from my friends who had been there before.

The hotel is located just 10 min away from Hurghada airport and in the middle of Youssef Afifi road (Hurghada city main st.).

My first impressions:
1-Spacious Hotel with a neat reception.
2-Smiley staff with fast check in process.
My room was OK (it can be better in terms of space when compared to the hotel beautiful facilities & large space).
The management are always there watching the staff ensuring maximum satisfaction of the guests.
The food is fine without so many varieties but on the other hand it is tasty.
The swimming pools are fabulous (see attached photos) and you can enjoy maximum pleasure in the lazy river.
The internet is complimentary free at the lobby however they had some issue with the printers @ the business center(!!!).
Room tips:
My room was located at the 2nd floor (1249) which is great for being close to the lobby but on the other hand the rooms in this floor are the only rooms which aren't of direct swimming pool view, So if you would like to enjoy swimming pool view , then you should choose another floor other than the 2nd floor.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

1,073 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Alexandria, Egypt
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

I stayed there for 4 nights. I didn't feel any boredom. I couldn't finish the facilities for pleasure during this period !! It has the largest pool in Hurghada , a very nice & long lazy river & very nice beach. There is a watersports center on the beach & a diving center too. rooms are spacious , clean & with nice views (either pool or sea). Food is greaaaaaaaaaaat , full board was a great advantage. Just outside the hotel there is a big market with supermarkets, pharmacies , cafe's & more (even fish spa is available). There is a nice spa with an indoor pool ( only 10 Euros charge). The only disadvantage is that wifi is paid .

Room Tip: get away from the main resteraunt & lobby
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Giza, Egypt
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

Large rooms, very well designed and equipped with large balconies; my room had a terrific view of the vastly expanding pools (they claim to have the largest pool in Hurghada) and the boundary-less red sea... I can stay looking at that view for hours if I had the time!
The reception is very large and inviting with a number of sofas for guests to rest and a nice cozy bar that overlooks the lobby from a secluded angle.
The beach goes on for ever! And the animation team turns it into fields of activities from darts to succer ball to volley ball to marble balls.
There are sea water pools, a warm water pool and a wonderful, long lazy river which is a joy by itself.
I stayed in a room at first, which I loved, and I wanted to move to a higher floor for a better view (my room was on the 3rd. Floor so I wanted to move to the 4th floor or the 5th) that couldn't be accomplished unfortunately; yet the view from my room was terrific as it was.
In my last night I moved to one of the two villas offered by the hotel and THAT was something, the reception, the Arabian lounge, the private pool on the roof!!! Truly luxurious.
Pools are really good and very well maintained, constantly, and the gym is equipped just about right, maybe the only place where luxury is absent yet it served my routine well and I enjoyed it. Spa is for extra fee, or if you upgrade to an "Elite" room, so is the Internet access (well...)
Breakfast buffet is really good, with an unusually good selection of healthy food to choose from; dinner was also very good, we had a sea food night once and a Mexican food night and both were very good.
The highlight of the stay at Steigenberger Al Dau in Hurghada however comes from the staff and the attentive service they provide... The front desk staff were extremely helpful, no exception, I have to mention by name one member of that staff in particular: Mr. Ramez Girges who has been very helpful, patient and accommodating to our requests and helped satisfy all of them. Special thanks to you Ramez.
Even the golf cart drivers, the bill man, the waiters, everyone provides really exceptional service: Kudos to you guys and thank you.
A dent in what otherwise would be perfect service was the delay in moving my bags from the room the villa, and delays in providing requested items from housekeeping.These need a look.
Location is very good, with shops, bazaars, a super market and coffe shops literally acoss the street.
I'm thinking of heading there again very soon, this time with my family and I certainly recommend this hotel to any one whether they're there on business or pleasure.
One last thing: I had contacted the hotel before my arrival and made certain requests, they were prompt to reply, and respond to my requests one by one; I advise you to do the same, especially if you wish to have a certain room or certain room location and certainly if you need transportation from and to airport.

Room Tip: OK, like everyone said here before me: Stay in the right wing from the front desk (when facing the d...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

I have been in the hotel for three nights holding Scientific symposia among those days.
Top Psychiatrists and Neurologists were invited, and despite the hard logistics and parallel workshops hard preparations we have been packed up with Excellent F&B staff.
Benquet staff were commited, flexible and fast responders to our requests with high equality services.

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Cairo Governorate, Egypt
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

Suits every need, family, couples, singles,
Excellent guest service, perfect in design & location, rooms are
above expectations.
Sandy beach with some coral reefs in 50 meters where you can enjoy snorkeling,

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

All was so nice
From the reception to the end.
Very helpful and professional at the desk always smiling and act at the right time for any matter you say. Diaa at reception was the best.
Animation was so charming and friendly and really knew how to motivate people especially Fabio was so good with kids & adults.
He always were so good to every one no matter which language they speak. We had such a good time because of him.
The only two negative points about the resort are
1-Food was too salty :(
2-the sand of beach volleyball court was extremely dangers.
I am a Vollyball player in and where ever I go volleyball is part of the plan. I was hurtled so badly with lots of cuts on the first day of playing and my sister toe was cut during our stay.
We complained , they tried but it didn't work really. The sand is not the right sand for beach volleyball at all. Other guest had similar problem & cuts.
We will go there for sure and we are looking forward to have even better time and experience there.
Mariam . R
October 25 2013

Cairo, Egypt
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013 via mobile

I enjoyed my stay in the hotel.. Good rooms, location and services.
Excellent food, pool, beach and activities
Nice decoration and helpful staff.
The packages and prices are good and reasonable.
I recommend this hotel to all

• Stayed November 2013

Been to Steigenberger Al Dau Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!