“Excellent stay will go AGAIN” 5 of 5 stars

Steigenberger Al Dau Beach Hotel
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   Yussif Afifi Road, Hurghada 84111, Egypt   |
Ranked #5 of 181 hotels in Hurghada
cairo
“Excellent stay will go AGAIN”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

I've stayued there for 4 nights with my husband and daughter.
It was really an excellent stay, the hotel is perfect and excellent, very good service, staff are friendly and extremely helpful. Rooms are spacious with nice facilities and very good furniture, we have asked for a baby cot during the check in, once we checked in and entered the room we found the cot service was really good.
The bed was really comfortable we slept very well.
Food was really perfect, breakfast and dinner were more than perfect, too much varities and tasty.
we have really enjoyed and will go again.

Room Tip: Choose a room in a high floor to enjoy a nice view, there is an elevetor.

1,040 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Cairo, Egypt
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

I planned a short getaway in Hurghada and selected Steigenberger for its amazing reviews , deplorably I think it is overrated when it comes to staff , the amenties is amazing and gorgeous , from the lazy river , spa , good food qualtiy , pool and clean beach (though of very small swimming area) , From the first moment I had a bad experience while waiting for the airport when the driver loaded our luggages and left us , the manager was very good in handling the issue and checked us in a temp room till our room get ready early , however When I asked about it , the reception was very rude and told me that no room is available soon and I can leave if I wish ! and I had to go again to the manager to solve the issue , the upgrading cost to all inclusive form half board was higher than my whole stay package , also the beach is far away so I believe they should have a shuttle to there !! I had very long time for no reason at check out and asked for baby sitting however the operator didn't know the personnel numbers , other than that It was good , I believe that some staff members needs more training for how to treat clients in a 5 stars hotel .

Room Tip: Choose a deluxe room in in the top 3 floors to have a pool and sea view
Oegstgeest
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

Just been on holiday to the BEACH hOTEL for a second time and I must say that again I had a wonderful stay there. No complains whatsoever, every day I was the lucky one to spend time @ the beach, talk to the friendly staff, enjoy the great buffet of the fresh food, see the sun every morning after opening the curtains in my perfect room.
The transfer there from airport to the hotel is already organised by the hotel, so from that moment on I felt really so very welcome there. But also the staff is really great and friendly,and when you do your best to say a few words in their own language they appreciate that a lot.
Allday they will do their very best to pamper their guests, so I myself know for sure that this hotel is the PLACE TO BE!

Room Tip: As far as I know almost every room has sea view and that is really wonderful. The gardens and pools...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Cairo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

Had been searching for a place for our family vacation this summer and based on my last visit to Steigenberger Al Dau Beach Hotel i certainly considered it from the first sight ,

I was greeted in the airport by a representative from the hotel who was more than welcome to help us with luggage and transport to the Hotel , Once he noticed that the number of guests in airport is more than just a small minibus , he asked the hotel immediately to send us the Big Bus to transport all guests to Hotel .
In Hotel , and since i had been there before ( Returning Guest ) , Ramez ( Reception ) made sure we get all benefits for the returning guest ( Free WiFi in Room , Free Minibar , Free access to SPA & Jacuzzi ) etc .., He offered us a free upgrade to Villa Rooms since it was possible at this time , however we choose to get normal rooms just for the Pool / Seaview , maybe next time we will gladly take the offer for upgrade :) , Would like to Thanks Ramez for the wonderful service and excellent customer request handling , really left a big smile on our face during the stay and till we left at the end with his wonderful service and support level .

Rooms was excellent , View was amazing , Minibar was poor :) yes it was free but with only 2 bars of chocolate :) and some pepsi . LCD was lovely for the evenings ( Samsung ) you can connect your USB and play movies directly . Internet speed was ..max 2 Mbps at midnight , not bad and not the best .
Food was just good , again i believe Steigenberger Al Dau , should do more effort in enhancing the quality and variety . I can already see alot of waste due to the taste or ..just ppl get depressed after the first taste and i dunt mean by this that all food was like that , ..this was mainly in the dinner time . ( Chef you need to do more effort ) , More fresh Fruits could be a good idea , quality desserts would be wonderful , Else the Breakfast was excellent i liked all the varieties , best (Omelet and Crepe / Waffles ..excellent choice . ) , i wouldn't recommend Alexander Restaurant as well , It only has an excellent view of the beach and sea , ...romantic , while the food was worse than the main restaurant .

I was so sad to see the quality going down around the pool , had seen more than an incident ( Swimsuit policy not followed as mentioned , Ppl eating fries inside the pool ! , drunk guys throwing beer bottles on each other...)

I would still give the hotel 5/5 for the excellent service we had by Ramez , this had totally changed my opinion about the customer relations desk in Steigenberger Al Dau Beach Hotel , as i had a bad history with them 2 years ago .

Room Tip: Choose Rooms xx30s - xx40s This should give you a good view of the Hotel Pool and Seaview . Note...
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

Best Hotel I've stayed in thus far! Prices have gone up since we stayed, but was definitely worth it for us! Staff, Surroundings, Facilities, you name it! Everything was spot on! The food was also a delight, in particular the pool bar which had the most mouth-watering burgers...needless to say I put on a good couple of KG's during the break!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

This hotel is simply superb. I enjoyed all the aspects of my stay; friendly stuff, excellent facilities, spacious rooms, cleanliness, amazing views, delicious food, huge pools, and a very nice and clean beach. If I can think of an only drawback it is the amount of rocks and the shallowness of the sea (which I guess they don't have much control over). Highly recommended.

Room Tip: I guess it is better to have a higher room to maximize the enjoyment of the amazing view
Cairo, Egypt
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

Just done with a 3 nights trip with family over there, with the country situation, alot of foreigners are directed else where. hotels and agencies are making aggressive offerings for egyptians to fill in their place.. and i had an offer i can't refuse :-)

satisfaction starts the minute we landed at hurghada, found out that they are one of the few hotels "if not the only one" offering free shuttle bus from & to the hotel.. despite the fact that we should have called the hotel to let them know we're coming, the transport supervisor gladly accepted to accommodate us and instructed us to reserve at the end of the trip for our going back to airport trip. he wears glasses and he was very courteous, a perfect front for the hotel.

arriving at the reception, we were met by 'Ramez' who was a perfect example for a flawless receptionist. having a returning guest among us, he immediately offered us an upgrade to one of their luxurious villas to accommodate the whole family, a 3 floors establishment with a private pool and garden & a full facility hall with living room/kitchen/dining room etc... we were a little unsure wether we take that or not.. he offered us a golf cart to take us there check the place before we decide.. we decided to stick to the normal rooms, he gladly worked this out with us, the family being picky at room selection, he got us to check every room before taking it. at the time of our departure, he got us a late check out till 5:30PM (our plane leaves at 9).

Rooms are clean, spacious and filled with amenities, all rooms has a magnificent sea view.. higher floors offer more magic (pick the 5th floor when you can).

This hotel is one of the few in the area where you can go for a swim in the sea (most others have very shallow water, you have to walk all the way to saudi to get the water above your knees) however i guess the beach needs to be serviced more (its not a sandy beach with soft sand, and alot of gravels/stones in the first few meters as you go it), all water sports are available and the prices are decent,

pools & spa where perfect (a returning guest gets full free access to spa area), you also get free bike rentals (bikes are top models) to move in around. the lazy river concept is cool aswell (you take a big tube, hop in and the current slowly takes you around a water channel touring the full hotel amenities, a good way to relax or tan :-)

the main restaurant offering us breakfast & dinner buffet was organized, the food riffled as needed, fresh and hot with various live stations area (salad/pasta/grills/eggs/etc,,)
variety is decent, daily themes at dinner were a good way to kill boredom (although some days were better than others)

we tried to dine in "alexander" one of the ala cart restaurants on the beach. the location is magnificent, however the food was a disaster, nothing resembling fine french dining (except for the low food quantities and they way food is served) things didn't taste well.. stick with the main restaurant open buffet and daily themes :-)

to the negatives:

this hotel is famous by the policies and rules... it seems like they gave that one up as no foreigners are around and they have to deal with a lower class of egyptians coming out of those "tourism boost initiatives", ladies hop into pools and sea with full clothes on, others take beer bottles and drink it IN the pool, getting drunk and get noisy while no one care to put an end to that.. also the restaurant dress code is not enforced, shorts and slippers are allowed in normally.. when guests become annoying to other families and guests, its the hotel role to make sure they don't cause disturbance to others..

certainly recommended, the resort is minutes from the airport, so safe and distant from any incidents what so ever...

Room Tip: get a 5th floor room, preferably in the 1530s or 1580s range :-)
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Been to Steigenberger Al Dau Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!