"just spent a week (in February) at this amazing hotel in Hurghada, a very quiet resort on the sunny warm Red Sea coast. The hotel is fantastic, nice and large inside and out (very extensive grounds with its own beach and golf course), so you are not bothered by the close proximity of other guests. Great entertainment every evening. Several pools as well as ideal swimming conditions on the hotel's own beach. Great aquatic activities for children with a supervised club for the little ones plus a daily programme to keep them busy all day if they wish. The hotel is so well run and smoothly efficient which is not surprising considering that it is German owned with quite a few of the the top management there are German to ensure the efficiency is maintained. The rooms are very large as are the bathrooms with daily linen changes. Very helpful friendly staff, mostly Egyptian who speak English. The food is excellent in the main restaurant where we ate most days (we were on half board). There is also a French and a Lebanese restaurant and it was in the latter that our grandson had his birthday dinner with birthday cake and eight candles and the waiters singing happy birthday to you in Arabic which fascinated and delighted the boy ! If you need help the guest relations team of four girls (two German and two Russian) can't do enough for you. They all speak perfect English and are the best team I have ever encountered in many years of travelling. One other area where the hotel is to be congratulated is in the employment of so many local females in a country where they are still expected to stay at home. In the main restaurant you will find a lot of young waitresses who are super efficient and speak excellent English and other languages. The hotel is trying to employ more females, not an easy task where the old attitudes still prevail.
Go - you will have a fabulous time. It's really five star. There are many shops in the town and discos for the swingers."
- Also Known As:
- Steigenberger Al Dau Beach Resort
- Hotel Steigenberger Al Dau Beach
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Relax in 5-star deluxe surroundings: Spacious rooms, private villas and elegant suites, first-class restaurants and a 5000 m3 pool landscape. Play a round of golf, relax at the Thalasso & Spa, or head to the beach and go diving, snorkelling or surfing at the Dive Club & Aqua Center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Tingo, HotelTravel.com, Priceline, Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Steigenberger Al Dau Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.