“Fantastic stay!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Lilly Land Beach Club Hotel

Save Saved
You added Lilly Land Beach Club Hotel to your Saves list
Lilly Land Beach Club Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Safaga Road | KM-17. 200 Hurghada-Safaga-RD, Hurghada, Egypt   |
Ranked #82 of 181 hotels in Hurghada
Dover, England, United Kingdom
“Fantastic stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

We booked a last minute holiday to Lillyland and were worried by some of the views we read! we took our kids to Lillyland and had a fantastic holiday! I gather most of the reviews are written by Russians who seem to each have a degree in complaining! Everywhere was spotlessly clean and each day the room was tidied and beds made with a different towel sculpture! The pools are all cleaned very regularly and if you do have a problem, the friendly grounds staff (who, I agree do not all speak perfect English but lets not forget that it isnt their first language) see to it immediately. We were greeted with a delicious fruit juice cocktail and driven to our chalet. The chalets have their own patio area with chairs, lovely to sit on and relax while the kids are asleep. The whole resort is full of gorgeous local flowers and is kept to a very high standard. There are 3 clean pools to choose from and all were pretty quiet when we went. The kids all seemed to enjoy the aqua park and there is a swim up bar there for the adults too! The pools aren't heated but warm up enough in the sun. The beach is also very clean with snack bars and timed activities. There are comfortable loungers and wind breaks around the beach and pool areas and there always seemed enough to go round! There are lots of excursions available from within the resort. I would definitely recommend a camel ride, quad biking and the scuba diving was amazing too. There are shops within the resort for all your essentials and gifts and an amphitheatre for the evening entertainment. My husband took our eldest son to see a cobra show which he said was amazing, although I didn't see any shows myself. I understand it is mostly in Russian but with them as their main clientele, it does make sense! I believe when we stayed we were one of two families in the whole resort who were English and as such we were treated as kings! The staff treat you how you treat them. If you show courtesy and respect, they can't do enough for you. The main restaurant was always busy but not packed. We were always able to get a nice table and the food, although again aimed at Russians, was always nice. There was always a pasta station where it was cooked in front not of you with the ingredients you chose. The only issue we had at the restaurant is that Russians don't get the concept of queueing and my son was pushed about a bit while trying to get an ice cream. The staff saw this and served him immediately. They even made an awesome fresh cream and fruit birthday cake and a band came in to play happy birthday to my 3 year old son! They made his birthday the most amazing experience and the Italian restaurant even made him a lobster dish at his request! I could go on and on about this Hotel! The Manager Mohammed was a brilliant host and knew everything that was going on. It was a fantastic holiday and I would go back to Lillyland tomorrow! Thank you everyone at Lillyland!

Room Tip: If you are unhappy with your room, talk nicely to the manager and he will fix any problems you have.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

338 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Tver, Tver', Russia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

Stayed at Lilly Land for 5 days in the beginning of February. Nice, cosy territory - lots of flowers, bushes, trees - everything is neat, but when we entered the room we were dissappointed. We stayed at room 32XX - i don't remember the exact number, it was near the small pool, nearby the aquapark. The furniture was old, it just was covered with new paint. The plumbing was also old and somewhere rusty. TV was not working and balcony door's lock was broken. But the bed was big and comfortable with crystal white linen. Room service was also good, no problem. We had "all inclusive" system - food in restaurants was ok, but there was little variety of meat and fruits. The beach is ok with clear sky-blue water.

In general, hotel is ok, but be careful choosing the room.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

I have read some of the reviews here, and can't understand why people complain. what do people expect for such a reasonable price. We are from the UK, but Egypt is a different country with different customs, and ways of doing things. My wife and I found our Lilly Land stay a great experience, and a very pleasant one. We had great room service, and partly I am sure because, we left a dollar bill on the bed each day. We had new towels, and bed linen. The room was cleaned every day, and a lovely display of hibiscus flowers left on our bed each day, which was a nice touch. We found our bed a little hard at first, so I mentioned this (with a smile) and a smiling and pleasant assistant had the mattress replaced instantly. The attitude of the staff understandably reflects your attitude to them in the first place. A dollar bill here and there, and you get the most wonderful and friendly service, and I find nothing wrong with that. I think we tipped a total of 25 Dollars during our stay, but a well spent 25 dollars. A Mr. Hassan has his desk in the lobby, and is willing to see to all your needs. He is a pleasant and helpful man. The in house computers for the internet needed a little attention, and the price to use them was very expensive, 5 Dollars for half hour, but we didn't go there to spend our time on the internet. Your best deal for this, is to have your own laptop, then you pay a reasonable price for WiFi for all your stay.
The quality and variety of the food was exceptional. Each evening they offered a different theme, from seafood to different meats done on the grill. The last night was an Egyptian night, with lots of traditional foods.
I think we went at the right time, which was January, because it wasn't so busy, or too hot, and wasn't over run by Russians, which from experience, I know can be a little taxing.
All in all, we found our Lilly land stay one of the best values for a holiday we have ever had.

Room Tip: Just leave a dollar bill on the bed each day, and you will get excepional room service. A very smal...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Subotica, Serbia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

I stayed in Lilly Land in summer 2012. As soon as i entered the room i was disapointed. The furniture is old and worn, although the bed was really big and comfortable. The bathroom was not very clean. There was no hot water and there was a flood after each shower as the water would not go down the drain. As many others, i also had a lizzard in the room.The restaurant was pretty far from the room and that meant that i need to walk 10 minutes to breakfast, lunch and dinner to eat food that looked nice but has no taste at all. I lost at least 5kg during the stay, probably also supported by the food poisoning that i had. The staff was mainly very rood. Only mail personel is working there and theye we hitting on my girlfriend every time i left her alone, even for a minut. Sometimes even in front of me. If you ask them anything, they react inapropriately, as you are there beacause of them and not the other way around. Another problem was that the there were too many people or the hotel capacities are low, i don't know. In one occasion i was attacked by a fat Russian woman over a table. It was so overcrowded! And not very clean , i must add. The pools in the hotels were ok, however had a very bad cut during the water slide. Regarding the beach, it was nice. The watter was qiute worm and pleasant. I went diving one day (outside of the hotel) and that's was the highlight of the travel. The sea is very nice, a lot of life under the water. Overall, the hotel it seld and everything in it is very poor. Hurghada is a must see, but choose another place to stay in.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Tallinn, Harjumaa, Estonia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Good holiday, I give some tips- because these Ahmeds not have big salary, give some Usd(5-10) tip at reception and ask best room by lobby bar, also 5 usd by lobby and ask best service and only drinks in glass not in plastic- and I smouk only rolled cigrarets with rolling machine- it was so big hit to Ahmeds- that I give my one away in end holiday- so I give you tip- take Rizla papers and give Ahmeds like tip and couple of rolling machines- and you are the best frend to Ahmeds...
One useful tip more - out of hotel ca 20m left is supermarket with fixed prices, dont buy other places or first look right prices in this storey...

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Belgrade, Serbia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

Huge place with no capacity to serve all people. Queues everywhere, if you whant to spend your holyday whaithing in the line for drink, food or simply table where to seat and eat, that is the right place go to !! The hotel is old, bathrooms are disaster!! Rude staff, dirty hotel and the beach. I had a feeling that only what is important for the staff is how to get more money from you, gest satisfaction was not important at all. Very, very disappointed.....

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Paris, Ile-de-France, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

I was with my family last week there and it was more then great. From this comments here we were dissapointed and we didnt expect much but when we got there we were suprised. We stayed in bungalow which was great. Hotel has a 4* so you cant expect more. But except hygiene everything was great. The beach and the sea are the most beautiful thing we have ever seen.Even you dont have to pay for diving trip because you can go straigt on the bridge that take you in the see,you jump from the bridge and they there are! The milions of colorful fishs and clams are there. It is relly unbeliveble,like you watch Discovery Channel. And food is great (we didnt have any stomach trubble),stuff was kind and animation team was great! On any corner you can drink or eat witch is great. The grass is greener that here in Serbia (and that is Africa!) and the trees are fantastic. You have shopping center in hotel too. Anfi teather is really cool and fun :) Only "annoying" thing are Russians. They are annoying really,but we didnt pay much attention on them so they werent a problem to us. Dinners are really great because they make every night some entertament :). And the lizard arent problem becouse they are really small and even I who hate them,didnt care. So that is all from me,hope you will fint this more helpful then those comments from spoiled people ( I really dont know what was the metther). :)

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Lilly Land Beach Club Hotel? Share your experiences!