“Best Animation team ever seen” 4 of 5 stars

Grand Seas Resort Hostmark
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Corniche Hurghada, Hurghada, Egypt   |
Ranked #49 of 182 Hotels in Hurghada
cairo
“Best Animation team ever seen”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

great view .. awesome atmosphere

actually... I had fun with animation team is was awesome team ever seen specially ( Tommy ) Ahmed .. Karina .janita &.Mizo keep going guys you'r very active team and friendly with the guest .. If i will come back to GRAND SEAS HOTEL . Its only for you ..

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
belgrade
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

it is comfortable, friendly staff, good food ; sea is clean, wonderful and emerald blue, you can see fishes in the sea; on the other side, you have to know that in the summer is really hot and to be prepare for that condition

Room Tip: every room is good. large an with a terrace and a view
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Kragujevac, Serbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for 14 days, me, my hasband and little childe (one and half). It’s realy nice palce for holiday. Peacefull and so far from crowd.
The rooms are large with two big beds. If you want private it’s better to take a room on the first floor. Every room has a view to the pool and to the beach. Hygiene of the room is ok, but can be better.
The beach is long enough, no croud, it’s peacefull. If you want real only to swim this is not real plase for you because the shallow is long, and that is good for little chilren. You can findsome corals for diving.
The pool is nice, big, clean but it was cold ( I don’t know why). The guys on the beach bar was realy nice, we got the milk for childe whenever we wanted.
Food was ok. Every day there was meat, fish, lots of salads, vegetables and sweets. It can be better. But I’m not satisfied with purity in main restorant. They don’t keep the hygiene in property level. The position of main restorant is good, with nice view and nice terrace.
If you don’t like the crouwd this hotel is real place for you.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Pozarevac, Serbia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

Hotel is no longer quality as it was a few years ago. Service in the rooms, restaurants, bars, very bad. Hygiene is a nivou.Hrana is solid. The beach is quite shallow, one 200 meters, great for little kids, but there are coral reefs and it's nice to see the underwater world.
More would not return to this hotel.
I spent the summer between 28.5-7.6.2013

Room Tip: All rooms are very large, spacious and overlooking the sea or the swimming pool
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

Hi sorry to write my review so late but I am sure a lots of ppl will be booking their summer holiday therefore I would like to share my horrible experience with you.
I can't blame every thing on the hotel as the company lowcoast holiday as a big part in this mess 2.
We booked our holiday to hurgada for 2 adults and a 4 months old baby we requested a cot for the baby and it was confirmed by lowcoast holidays.
The flights were with Thomson airline all was good until our arrival at the airoport every other company had representitive to sort out the visa and other issues except lowcoasts customer we had to queu with the Russian and pay double for the visa we paid £150 for 3 of us while we only should pay £68 for 3 of us that was the beginning we got to the hotel and we didnt find the cot the baby had to sleep on the floor I will be brief because it's so important to me that many ppl read my review because I don't want them to have the same experience I had.
I tried to speak to the hotel management about the cot but all the said that they don't do it and lowcoasts should already know about it any ways we tried to call lowcoast holiday to change the hotel but with lowcoast holidays one u have paid and traveled u are no longer interesting case for them they made me waist 3 days of my holiday on the phone to them trying to work out something i only went for 7 days but they where very rude any ways my bill came to £389 calls coasts but they didn't do any thing and we had to stay in the hotel.
Every day between 5 and 7 the hotel switch off the electricity to save energy as it was a busy time pols go back from the pool and see to get ready for dinner. On the 4 day my husbend fell over and broke his arm as we was in the shower they have cut the as usual the baby was crying he went to pick her up and broke the last 3 fingers of his arm the hotel didn't do any thing about it when we complained well when we came back to england he had to follow up with a dr here and he had to have a surgery as the fracture was very serious they had to put metals in his hand that was the biggest drama as our holiday was a horrible we just wanted to go back.
The food was awful the stuff very rude 99% of the hotel was Russian even the staff animation all in Russian.
When we came back to England we tried to complain to lowcoasts holiday about our holiday there is no number you have to email them I have been trying to email them since October 2012 but no answer I send the same email every 28 days but no replay we found out that they are acting as a travel agent they buy for you the flight and the hotel but the don't take any responsibility for any thing that goes wrong meaning you have to deal with the company your self and the hotel and you need an international lawyer which coast fortune pls read their termes and conditions before you book with them and if you already did pls pray that every thing will be fine.
I hope I can help so many ppl with this review as I wished I read such comment about this hotel and lowcoasts holiday.

• Stayed September 2012
Trondheim, Norway
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

Stayed 14 days i Grand Seas Resort. Have been to Egypt several times and had a great experience, but this hotel was NOT as I expected when I booked.
POSITIVE:
Large room with sea and pool view, large beds. Safe box in the room. Beautiful beach with kiting posibilities and dive center. Apotheke and clinic right outside the resort entrance. Activities in the pool area during daytime (bellydancing course, watergym, basketball etc.) and entertainment on the main terrace in the evening. Safe food, but tasteless. ATM in the lobby.
NEGATIVE:
Terrible location if You like to interact with other egyptians than souvenir shopkeepers.1/2 hour walk to shopping mall, or taxi/bus to the city. No local community with alternative restaurants nearby.
Booked non-inclusive and experienced a lot of trouble. Some of the waiters gave me a blanco bill to sign, I had to write the bill myself! Tried to pay cash, but they didn't have change. Told my travel agent about the problems. A few hours later the waiters asked me why I had made complaints on them! My intention was NOT to blame the hard working waiters for the hotel's odd payment routines. Tried the à la carte restaurant, but the food was cold when it arrived our table. Tried lunch at the pool bar, terrible. Ended up at the buffet restaurant day after day after day ... The waiters was very busy, while three of the staff just stod there observing them, very odd. Ordered a glas of wine or a bottle, got a can of Coke. I gave up, Had to tell our room number every day, even if we paid cash. For control, they said.
Not allowed to bring food and drinks from outside, because of the safe food policy. No coffee or tea facilities in the room. Had to buy water bottles in the restaurant. After some days the minibar was filled up. Every afternoon when we had a nap, two men came rushing into the room to check the content. Two days before departure the minibar was empty again, a peculiar routine. Strange smell in the bathroom. We pored water thru the floor-drain and the smell decreased for a while. TV-channels mostly arabic and eastern european, but CNN was OK. Wireless network is 40 euro per week or 10 euro per day.
Reception staff (the men) were helpful, except from the besserwizzer lady from Eastern Europe. She was always interrupting, very arrogant and didn't tell me the truth. Why don't Grand Seas Resort employ nice egyptian ladies instead?

Room Tip: Ask for a first floor room if You want some privacy at the balcony. No lift to the rooms.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Cairo, Egypt
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

I spend a 5 days vacation with my wife in Grand Seas Hostmark.
The hotel looks nice and the entrance looks great and luxury.
BUt actually all this was a lie

Service : The service is awful and not organized, they dont know who will check in or who will check out or when. They woke me up at 5:00 AM to ask me for my luggage and tell me the bus is ready for me ....While I was not checking out.

House Keeping : Simply awful.... they clean nothing in the room

Cleanness : poor

The hotel was build and operated by Police for tourists and Police officers family, Accordingly they are not professional at all in anything.

Food : very poor variety of food and poor quality of cooking.

Location : is out of the Hurghada city and its good for relaxation but its 25 mins away by taxi from the City and shopping centers

The only Good thing about this Hotel is that there's a Dive Center with reasonable prices.
Actually I had to dive everyday to be out of this Hotel for the whole day on a boat.

Its not recommended at all to book in this hotel.

Room Tip: Beach side rooms have a very nice view
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Grand Seas Resort Hostmark? Share your experiences!