“At 11€ pp. per night B&B, excellent” 4 of 5 stars

Sea Garden Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   El Sakkala | P.O Box 44, Hurghada, Egypt   |
Ranked #99 of 182 hotels in Hurghada
Brussels, Belgium
“At 11€ pp. per night B&B, excellent”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

The hotel is rather nicely located and tidy, the view on the harbour and nearby beach are pleasant, the swimming pool was a nice surpise, however, the rooms lack safes.
Bathroom and furniture slightly outworn.
The entrepreneurial "cleaning lady" ( a boy in fact ) was at least a bit too curious and played "Sherlock Holmes" (and even more) in our luggage & wallets.
So, avoid the risk of theft and use the safes near the reception.
For the rest, at this price, as said before, a really excellent adress

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

96 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
Hurghada, Egypt
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

honestly its worthst hotel i ever stayed fooe was ok , and room too ,the problem is water has been Ritaglito 2 times per day !!! my collage from slovenia , they stold from her room 80€ and when we talked to the mangement , they wouldnt help by any thing !!!! stuff not helping at all .. accept of the receptionist his name Ashraf , was the best of them ,,, im egyptian , but honestly this hotel is very bad image of egypt ,,, dont stay there

Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Belgrade, Serbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

Nice hotel with very friendly staff, always with a smile.
Hotel 3 star, half board.
Rooms comfortable and clean with large bathroom.
The food is good.

My recommendation for this hotel.
Does not have its own beach but has the ability to use two beaches.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Nottingham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2012

Good, reasonably priced 3 star hotel near bars and restaurants.Hotel half empty, clean and well managed restaurant.
Some reception staff behavior hard to accept though:

1. they knocked my door at quarter past midnight (!!) and asked if they can go through my room, and climb the balcony to get to room next door.

2. They handed me a pricelist of trips with a message from local travel agency rep saying that the appointment has been arranged for me next day after arrival at 9.00 at the reception and THEY ASKED ME TO BRING MY PLANE TICKETS WITH ME AS "THEY NEED TO BE CONFIRMED". I said that I am not going to attend this meeting because I came for scubadiving only and I've got everything arranged already. Next day the reception staff asked me why I didn't turn up for this "very
important meeting to confirm my tickets, etc...?" This was enough for me and I suggested bluntly that there is nothing wrong with my tickets, and that they were working together with agency rep to attract my attention to the trips they want to sell using such dirty cheap trick like a [--] about "necessity of ticket confirmation".

The tickets finally were ok without any action of this local sleazy tout and I had no problems getting boarding card on my way back. The guys name is Mokhtar and he works for ETS company - stay away from them! Such cheeky actions should be IMHO named and shamed - I would'nt buy anything from him and will definetely stay away from in future.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
Tartu, Estonia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2012

I really enjoyed staying in this hotel! Location was good (in the heart of Hurghada), room was clean and comfortable enough, the pool was suitable for both adults and kids. And what's most important - the staff was incredible. They really cared about how you feel and if everything is okay. I have never been treated like this.

Room Tip: If you have room with the view to street and city, be prepared to have a wakeup call from muezzin ev...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2012

I would not reccommend this hotel at all.

The bed was rock hard and uncomfortable. The breakfast food was dull, stale and not great. The toilet broke twice. The finishings were average at best. I've stayed in better places for a tenner a night.

However, the real kicker came when my trip turned sour and I ended up stuck in Egypt injured. The hotel had no fax for me to use and refused to call and speak with my insurance when there was a problem solely on their side.

After my male friend left me alone in Egypt the male staff entered my room whenever they wanted to. There was no do not disturb sign. They would knock at my door late at night, enter in the day time in groups, call my room at 11pm waking me up and asking me out, take my belongings and tell me I had to 'earn' them back. Since leaving they have used my personal contact details to continue to pursue me.

I was alone, ill and genuinely afraid of the staff to the point where I could not complain as they had a key to my room, were intimidating me andthe room was paid in advance directly from insurance.

This is an awful hotel. Do not stay here.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
Stockholm, Sweden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2011

I really loved this hotel, especially because of the great staff! The owner is not that nice though, and whenever he came around the atmospehere changed. The breakfast was really nice with a lot of fruit and many different kinds of bread. The dinner was however not so good, since i am a vegetarian and the only thing i got to eat was rice and pasta every day. The two meat-eaters who were with me seemed to really like the food though.
I never experienced any inconvinience with cleanliness, but the showers and toilets weren't the best, since it was hard to flush and the shower knob kept falling of. This was quickly fixed though.
My only real dislike were the beds, since they were a bit too hard and you did'nt really get any warm blankets. Other than that i really loved this hotel, and everyone who worked there were always friendly and helpfull. I will book this hotel again for my next trip tp Hurghada!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Sea Garden Hotel? Share your experiences!