“Appalling hotel” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #105 of 182 Hotels in Hurghada
London, United Kingdom
“Appalling hotel”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2012

I would not reccommend this hotel at all.

The bed was rock hard and uncomfortable. The breakfast food was dull, stale and not great. The toilet broke twice. The finishings were average at best. I've stayed in better places for a tenner a night.

However, the real kicker came when my trip turned sour and I ended up stuck in Egypt injured. The hotel had no fax for me to use and refused to call and speak with my insurance when there was a problem solely on their side.

After my male friend left me alone in Egypt the male staff entered my room whenever they wanted to. There was no do not disturb sign. They would knock at my door late at night, enter in the day time in groups, call my room at 11pm waking me up and asking me out, take my belongings and tell me I had to 'earn' them back. Since leaving they have used my personal contact details to continue to pursue me.

I was alone, ill and genuinely afraid of the staff to the point where I could not complain as they had a key to my room, were intimidating me andthe room was paid in advance directly from insurance.

This is an awful hotel. Do not stay here.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
Stockholm, Sweden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2011

I really loved this hotel, especially because of the great staff! The owner is not that nice though, and whenever he came around the atmospehere changed. The breakfast was really nice with a lot of fruit and many different kinds of bread. The dinner was however not so good, since i am a vegetarian and the only thing i got to eat was rice and pasta every day. The two meat-eaters who were with me seemed to really like the food though.
I never experienced any inconvinience with cleanliness, but the showers and toilets weren't the best, since it was hard to flush and the shower knob kept falling of. This was quickly fixed though.
My only real dislike were the beds, since they were a bit too hard and you did'nt really get any warm blankets. Other than that i really loved this hotel, and everyone who worked there were always friendly and helpfull. I will book this hotel again for my next trip tp Hurghada!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Svendborg, Denmark
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011

Really nice hotel, extremely nice staff, always very smiling and very helpful. It was very clean and had a good atmosphere. However, the breakfast buffet was poor, and that is the only reason why we will find another hotel when we go back next year. We will be bringing the kids next time, and unfortunately this breakfast buffet is not kid friendly.
This hotel is situated a 2 minute walk from a lovely beach, and a 2 minute walk from City Centre of Hurghada. I can definately recommend it.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Kranj, Slovenia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2011

The staff is very nice and helpful, always smiling. The room was clean, the bathroom could get another touch, but nothing worrying. The restaurant is clean and pleasant, the food okay. You can get drink at anytime, but the room bar only holds water and soft drinks. The side facing the swimming pool is more quiet, but you can be annoyed by the mosquitoes. The side facing the street is a bit noisy by the music coming from a discoteque in the vicinity, but I wasn't bothered. It can be a nice replacement of a radio. I strongly recommend this hotel to the ones who would like to be in the centre of the city, it's just a hundred metres away. Also, the new marina is very close providing a nice walk with many restaurants and shops. Don't be turned away by the main street leading to the hotel, the hotel itself is nice.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Lincoln, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2011

hotel was clean.staff could not do enough for you.food was good.the Ali pool guy really looked after you.great holiday spoilt by thomas cook rep not even turning up for the reception meeting the only time we saw him was on the way to the hotel and then on the way to the airport.it took him a week to return our call he only seemed interested in the people staying in the posher hotels.he spoilt a good holiday by not sorting out our problems with transfer asap and leaving every thing down to the daybefore we were due to leave

Room Tip: over looking pool second floor
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Stavanger, Norway
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2011

We stayed here 2 nights and though the front desk was not very welcoming, we were impressed by the hotel for the inexpensive price we paid. Breakfast was good, they had a pool, and we got free access to 2 beaches right down the road. Also well located for the one of the shopping/restaurant main streets. A nice place to relax for a couple days.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
uk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2011

great hotel with great staff could not do enough for us and were especially kind when my daughter took ill.
big thanks to Atef, Rasha, Luxor, Karam, Ahmed Ibrahaim, Glal who made us feel very special

Room Tip: talk to the front desk
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Been to Sea Garden Hotel? Share your experiences!