Stayed here back in June for a week with my wife. This was our 4th trip to Eygpt but first to Hurghada.
Firstly arrival is painful - you have to get a visa and the banks/tour operators are ripping everybody off. But banks a little less so therefore get your visa from them - its $15. I would recommend taking US Dollars if you can as they rip you off on the exchange rates if you don't.
The trip to the hotel was about 20-30 mins by taxi and cost about £15. So worth it over the tour coaches - beware you will have to haggle to get them down.
On to the hotel - well maintained generally. All the rooms are ground floor but very clean - we saw virtually no bugs/insects during our trip. Any i would say the bed was one of the better ones I have had in a hotel for quite sometime. Room was also very quite. At the far end of the resort. I would not want to be too close to the central complex as it could get rather noisy.
Food had plenty of choice if a little repetative. The chefs cooked at the pool bar each lunch time - this was pretty much 4 different options, chicken, beef, hotdogs and liver on rotation each day.
There are a lot of Russians here and very few other nationalities - however I had no issues with anybody here just bear in mind that British people like to queue whereas other nationailites do not. If you let them they will push in.
My own real down side of this hotel was the pool bar. The issues were 3 fold.
1. You could not get served a drink, you have to get out the pool walk round to the otherside of the bar and take your drinks back.
2. Its in the shade all day so it can get a little chilly sat here especially if its windy.
3. Its in the shallow end of the pool - so you get kids running around jumping in a soaking you whilst your trying to have a nice peaceful drink.
All in all I would return here - I would not pay over the odds for it there are better hotels - but there are also much worse hotels than this in Eygpt.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel has one of the longest beaches in Hurghada 1250 Meter, with a wonderful reef of corals and two natural lagoon inside the sea. Three swimming pools; type - bungalow only; family friendly resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Otel, Booking.com, Priceline, Odigeo and HotelsClick so you can book your Coral Beach Rotana Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coral Beach Rotana Resort Hurghada Hotel Hurghada
- Coral Beach Rotana Hotel Hurghada
- Coral Sea Hurghada