“A brilliant holiday, a lovely hotel but some improvements needed” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Coral Beach Resort

and 1 more site!
You added Coral Beach Resort to your Saves list
Coral Beach Resort
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Hurghada Safaga Road k 17, Hurghada, Egypt (Formerly Coral Beach Rotana Resort)   |
Ranked #62 of 182 Hotels in Hurghada
“A brilliant holiday, a lovely hotel but some improvements needed”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013 via mobile

Just back from a lovely two weeks at this hotel. The grounds are very well kept, the rooms are spacious, immaculate and the cleaners do an excellent job, the quiet pool is very relaxing, the restaurant is good, the food plentiful and good quality although as expected on 2 week all inclusive slightly repetitive HOWEVER Brits please be aware that this is a heavily Russian guest based hotel and you will be in the minority, we had no problem with this but found that they don't have a great regard for fellow guests or their surroundings so be prepared!
To the hotel manager, please invest in more bar and restaurant staff, more glasses (I am an adult and don't like drinking from a plastic cup) and I really would suggest you open the bar at the Pergola pool so guests don't have to go all the way to the main pool bar or beach to get a drink. These are constructive suggestions and the problems didn't really spoil the holiday but those few changes could have enhanced it.
Finally I have to mention one of the nicest most helpful and welcoming members of staff I have ever met on holiday....AHMED the lifeguard, he is a credit to the hotel, any Brits who want a relaxing time by the pool head down to the quiet pool, soak up the sun and make a new friend with a genuinely nice guy who is always there to help and really made our time at the hotel even nicer.
I would recommend this hotel as although a few tweaks are needed we had a thoroughly enjoyable time there! P.s This was my sixth visit to Egypt and if you just chill out, take everything in your stride, understand the food will be different and sometimes repetative and in lots of Egyptian hotels Brits are in the minority these days in Egypt (not always a bad thing) you will gave a great time!

• Stayed July 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

All was fantastic, people are kind and always say hello, and smiled to us everytime when they meet. I was in egypt and this hotel at first time with my wife. It was fantastic. We will come back again to the egypt and only in this hotel. And the most important thing why because of the Food here one the cokers ana their chief SABRY. Because the food was fantastic, amasing, great I want to say. Thank's so much to him. we very nice to met him. We know that we will came back soon. Also I want to add, the room was beautiful and it was always clean. Thank's to all members of this hotel, thank's again to Sabry. I recommend to go there for everybody, who likes to eat good food ana everyday different.

• Stayed July 2013
CBRRH, General Manager at Coral Beach Resort, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Dear Sir/ Madam,

We are very grateful for your superb review and great to know that you enjoyed your stay with us, thanks for highlighting your experience at Rotana Coral Beach Hurghada.
Thank you for highly recommending our property and to have noticed the willingness and care of the Employees to assist.
We will be very glad to welcome you again.

Best regards
Amr Adel
Rome, Italy
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

I just came back from 1 week in this resort. I found an offer so I didn't pay a lot, so I wasn't expect something awesome. The resort is very very big, good for jogging in the morning or just for a walk. The employees were really helpful, nice and not heavy at all( as in Egypt in most of the resort, the employees are very stressful, asking thousand of question about ureself, trying to charm european girls, or just trying to sell u something. It's my 10th times in the Red Sea, so I gained a bit of experience there).
So I was very impressed about the attitude of the Egyptian employees there, polite, kind.
But, regarding the food, I didn't expect that much, as I knew already that there s not a lot of choice and u need to adapt ureself( u are not in Italy or France eating amazing food), but there was only 1 main restaurant( and it's an all inclusive resort), so we were queuing all the time for the food and for finding a table.
Rooms are ok, some small animals outside but, we are in the middle of the desert... It's more than normal.
The worst thing here were the guests... 95% were Russian, I'm not racist at all but I'm well educated and I pretend that
other people are acting civilly at least! Very rude in the restaurant, no queue was respected, they were eating like crazy taking food for 2/3 times in a row! They were taking food in the beach with them and throwing the rubbish on the sand or in the sea!!!!! If they are continuing like that in 10 years or less the coral barrier Won't exist any more!!!! It was really bad watching at the devastation of a place amazing and beautiful like the Red Sea! People ruined Sharm el sheikh and now are doing the same with Hurghada!
The last thing that I want to say is about the animation: a huge thanks to Mamadou!!!!we enjoyed a lot with him!!!and to Fathy and Emo!!! You are great guys! Really!!!but the animation manager Bilal/Balil( don't remember) wasn't good at all! Never smiling!He was speaking only Russian as most of the guests were from Russia, ok, but there were other guests in the resort!! He should speak first English, as is the most popular language in the world and then eventually Russian/Polish or whatever!!!! We were participating at the night shows and we couldn't understand any world!!!!we felt like not considered at all!!!

2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

I think the top management should change their policy and hire more staff to improve the overall services.
But I have to thank the following:-
Mr. Abdalah (F&B manager)
Gamal - Ahmed saad (restaurant )
Bakr - Ayman - Kareem ( bar )
All animation team was very active especially EMO,
- Food very poor
- Restaurant very occupanted all the time and u have to stand in long line.
- refill concept is not applied in the restaurant.

Hertford, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

This is my 7th visit to Egypt but my first to the Hurghada area.
I read reviews before I went and they were so mixed it was hard to imagine what we were going to get.
This is as honest as I can be...
Arrival was great, quick and efficient.
Rooms were clean and we slept well. As we took 3 teenagers with us we had 3 rooms. I did request 3 rooms together at the time of booking, I emailed the manager and the hotel in the run up to the holiday to remind them of that.
We could not beleive the size of the complex, it didn't seem full either however our rooms were not together, I find that hard to beleive that this could not have been arranged.
The animation team, especially Emo, were great for the kids, we hardly saw them (2 - 16year ols and 1 -19 year old)
We never found a bed on the beach until around midday when the rude Russians left.
Aymen in the beach bar was really friendly and worked tirelessly all day at the beach and then in the evening too.
The Atlantis fish restaurant was closed all the time and the only other choice to eat (other than the all inclusive buffet) was an Italian. You have 1 free visit for each week you stay however this is a set menu so we did spend £60 in there for the 5 of us to eat something we wanted.
Le Pergada by the small pool was mentioned in previous reviews as a very nice quiet area to have snacks and drinks but this wasnt open either for the entire fortnight.
The buffet was OK if you managed to get food. In 2 weeks we did not enter once and sit at a cleared, layed table. I had to clear up every time we went to eat for breakfast, lunch and dinner and then spend quite some time looking for cutlery.
Go to the back of the restaurant and through the door to the BBQ, the food was always nice there but you have to queue.
The cleaner for our room was always smiling and kept our room great.
The dive centre was well equiped and diving away from the resort was good, good coral. We were hoping to do some shore dives however the diggers etc smashing up the coral on the resort beach meant that it was not worth the bother.
Lots of power cuts meant no air conditioning and warm drinks at times.
We did visit the marina which was nice but book a return taxi from reception to be safe.
Too many touts walking around, interupting every conversation trying to sell somethong, even in the restaurant. By the 2nd week they would look at us and walk away.
Dino the fish doctor was a nice man!
All in all - 2 weeks in lovely weather and we made it a great holiday. If we were going to take the kids again then we may consider it but for adults only we will choose somewhere else and pay the extra for 5 star.

Room Tip: If your man likes a pint, take a pint glass with you and if you like a coffee first thing, a travel...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Vienna, Austria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

This was actually my second visit the the Coral Beach Rotana Resort and while my first visit was great I loved the second one even more.
The staff was very attentive and the food we had was incredible, some really nice cooking there especially if you love to try the Egyptian cuisine.
What really impressed me a lot was the botanical garden with flowers and palm trees that is actually on site of the Resort and that can be visited by the guests. There is a table in there and it offers a chance to have a very romantic evening.
They do also have a place that's called El Felaha where you can have the Egyptian water pipe. Although I am normally not into smoking this was a great experience for me while I had some great tea from a desert rose (I must confess that I forgot the name but it started with an "M").
All in all this is the place to go for me and I will go there again as soon as possible.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

Firstly, I don't normally write reviews, but I feel I must to spare unsuspecting others the same misfortune as us. The restaurant is terrible, they clearly cannot cope with the amount of people they are catering for. There are dirty plates everywhere and they are constantly running out of crockery and cutlery. When you ask for some, you get scowled at by the waiters, who are rude to the point of disbelief! The food is vile, cold and pretty much non existent due to Eastern Europeans who strip the buffet like locusts and then leave most of it! I have never seen people fighting over food like it. It is very stressful trying to get food or drinks here. I have a very stressful job and was hoping for a break. Sadly, this is worse than being at work.
The outside terrace area is filthy the tables need a good scrub as they are all sticky, and the glass collectors are far too busy chatting up females to collect glasses, so they are constantly running out and serve you in horrible plastic cups. And there seems to be more sales people constantly pestering you than hotel staff!
Reception staff are surly and ignore you when you approach the desk. While I was waiting at reception, the phone rang several times and they just pick it up and put it down again! Even though they are not doing anything! This hotel could be lovely. Unfortunately, the staff see to it that it is NOT. Book a different hotel to avoid bitter disappointment.

Dear Sir/ Madam,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at Rotana Coral Beach Resort and for taking the time to post your review at Tripadvisor website.

We greatly appreciate any feedback from our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.

Based on your relatively low rating and problems reported throughout your stay, I am concerned to notice your dissatisfaction. Accordingly please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience and for failing to meet your expectations.

Please rest assured that your feedback has been communicated to concerned department heads for necessary action, where applicable.

We place great value on your continued relationship with Rotana and regret the dissatisfaction of a valued guest like your good self.

Looking forward to welcoming you once again at the Rotana Coral Beach Resort, should you decide to give the Resort another chance in the near future.

Best regards
Amr Adel

Been to Coral Beach Resort? Share your experiences!