“A very good vacation..” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #35 of 176 hotels in Hurghada
Egypt
“A very good vacation..”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

When we reached the hotel we met Mr . Ahmed Ib. at the reception who told us that we arrived early and no rooms before 2 pm, I asked him if there's any vacant rooms before that time, he told me( I didn't tell u to come that time, that's not my job)!!!!! & you will have another type of all-inclusive, that's it :-p
Many thanks to Mr . Nady & madame Bassant at the reception, who treated this problem.
everything in the resort was nearly perfect, good clean rooms, good swimming pools,there's many stones at the beach but in general it's wonderful. beautiful landscapes, with large green areas, there's Billiard & three tennis courts.
night shows were average.
good food variety, but air-conditions in the restaurant weren't efficient

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
CBRRH, Manager at Coral Beach Rotana Resort Hurghada, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Dear Sir/ Madam,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at Rotana Coral Beach Hurghada and for taking the time to post your feedback at Tripadvisor website.

We greatly appreciate any comments made by our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards. Many thanks for your feedback.

I am very pleased that you have enjoyed some of the services provided to your good self at the Resort. We place great value on your continued relationship with Rotana.

However, based on your relatively low rating and overall comment especially concerning Ahmed from Reception, I am concerned to notice that you are dissatisfied with some services. Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience.

I would highly appreciate, if your time permits, if you would write back to us with more details of your stay so that we are able to maintain and further improve the quality of services provided to your good self or any of our valued guests.
Looking forward to welcoming you once again at Rotana Coral Beach Resort in the near future.

628 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
Lancashire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

Myself and partner stayed here for 10 nights recently and had a lovely time.
Greeted by Hossam on reception, very friendly and helpful young man.
If you are looking for true british holiday, maybe not the place for you as food not your normal british standard, no happy hour - no fish and chips or burger and chips and no Karaoke.

Plenty of Russians and some other nationalities, we would have a drink on the terrace after a day at the pool or beach and laugh as there would be people queuing for the doors to open for the restaurant in the evening. We would go around 8.30 when not so busy.

There is however a vast range of different foods for you on offer and always found something suitable. Soups on offer every lunchtime and evening with a range of bread rolls etc to accompany. fruit and cakes also - fruit mainly oranges and dates. Lunch and dinner quite similar but back home I would not have a big cooked lunch so stuck to maybe some rice and fish, or just soup.

Room service is available and the food is really nice, cheeseburger or chicken burgers, chips, pizza so if you fancied a change from the restaurant, you could order in. Not badly priced either.
We did get icky tummies as most guests to get, unsure what triggers it, maybe salads, or the beer, maybe change in culture / heat etc.

You have bottled water in fridge in room each day.
Whilst staying here, pop down to the bottom pool and see Ahmed, he will do his best to ensure you enjoy your stay and look after you.

If you fancy a spot of windsurfing on the beach - go and see Mohamed (wind permitting) - based at the kitesurf center, he will sort you out, very nice fella.
There is a boat trip to Maymaya offered by reps - We were offered this by the Aqua Center at the hotel and paid 25 pounds each - booking through them direct, you get the boat from the hotel resort, through a rep - you would be picked up from the hotel and travel in bus to the Marina which is about 20 minutes to half hour from hotel.
The boat takes you to Giftun Island (Paradise) - very much a beautiful paradise island, warm water, sandy beach lovely. You will snorkel in the water and spend an hour or so there. Then back on boat and into deeper water to snorkel more with a stop for lunch on boat. Then you will do some fishing on the boat and head back hopefully catching a glimpse of the dolphins playing in their own habitat. Nemo is the one who sorted this for us and only about 15 people on the boat.
A truly amazing experience and very well priced. Also if you get your pictures taken and lots of you and your partner / family, purchase them as Nemo works wonders with the photos, we never get any nice ones of the 2 of us on holidays as take of each other mainly, but were so pleased with the ones we bought, amazing.
Staying at the Coral beach was a great relaxing break and just what we wanted.
Weather was in the late 30's and stretching to 41 degrees whilst there from the last week in May to beginning of June.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone, for a relaxing break. Some evening entertainment on offer each night or you can get a taxi into Hurgada and visit the Marina for a change of scenery.
You will get people come to offer you activities when sunbathing but take them all on board and see which you would like to do, they are not for everyone.

I didn't get a chance to do the spa but heard comments from others it is lovely.
Would definately stay here again as felt so rested upon return to the Uk.
The staff can't do enough for you. Remember to tip if they have gave you a good service.
10 egyption pounds to one of ours.
I hope this helps in your decision for this hotel, we will certainly be back when have another holiday.

Room Tip: We stayed in 4310, king size bed separate sofa area with another TV and on the terrace - you get a s...
Dear Sir/ Madam,
We are very grateful for your superb review and great to know that you enjoyed your stay with us, thanks for highlighting your experience at Rotana Coral Beach Hurghada.
Thank you for highly recommending our property and to have noticed the willingness and care of the Employees to assist.
We will be very glad to welcome you again.
Cairo, Al Qahirah, Egypt
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

This is in general an excellent place to have a nice refreshing vacation. If you are looking for luxury, this is not the place, the Oberoi is next door. But if you are looking for nice vacation in a laid-back relaxing setup, this is an excellent place.

I will write my review on various aspects as follows.

Location and Environ: The hotel is located south of Hurghada just before Sahl Hashish about 20 minutes from Airport. It has Hilton on the left and Oberoi to the right. What is amazing about the location is that the whole resort is facing north unlike most other Hurghada resorts that face east. So, I would say the weather is a bit better than other places.

The resort is planted with palm trees and lots of other nice trees and cactus. There are many plants with nice night odor that really set my mood high (it reminds of German cities like Dresden where the air is really freshly breezy). For me this was really one of best things to have.

Beach and Beach Activities: The beach is awesome, the water is mostly crystal clean and you have some coral reefs that are quite close. The name of the place is not artificial, it is an actual coral beach! So, it is a heaven for snorkeling enthusiasts. I had my older daughter starting to learn snorkeling and she fell in love with reefs and fish watching. It was really awesome.

On the beach, there is all imaginable types of aqua-activities: trips to Giftun for diving/snorkeling, glass boat trips, banana boats, speed boats, jet skiing, para-skiing, you name it. No need to leave the resort, it is all there in the aqua-center.

There are also horse/camel-riding and beach buggies.

The beach itself is very long (1.4 KM) and has some (man-made) peninsulas and a jetty where one can dive into deep water that has the reefs and colorful fish. This was the best part of the beach. You can even feed the Nimo fishes from the jetty. They like potatoes and eggs :-) Although a sign says don;t feed the fish, who cares, the fish like it and people enjoy it.

With sea low tides, some parts are exposed and you can walk on the rocks and watch some nice primitive sea creatures.

The beach is equipped with sun shades and in the Celopatra area there are even Bungalows. The beach, however, suffers from the remains of the construction work and they should do something to remove all these stones specially in the Cleopatra area.

Facilities: There are two pools, one has music and lots of seating places with aerobics training and one is called the relaxing pool which is very quiet but does not have enough chairs at some points in time.

There is also a gym, spa, and a small zoo. the small zoo was fun for kids to feed the ducks and sheep. The gym is not frequented by anyone, it is like an oven and is not air-conditioned.

Food: There are variety of restaurants and coffee shops. The main restaurant dedicated to the All-Inclusive is over-crowded. They really need to have an additional place. Sometimes, you go and and have to make out your own table after chasing the staff with requests for knives, forks, etc.

The food is really nice and have nice variety. Only problem is that Russians and Egyptians take a lot more than they can eat. I think the hotel management should use the unused food thrown from the tables in generating bio-gas/electricity.

Oriental food was particularly good in the grill section and also the oriental deserts. The western deserts and pasta generally suck. I also like the bread and pastry a lot. In the morning they serve excellent yogurt and great cheese, I don't know where they bring them from. I tried all Egyptian yogurt and cheese brands and nothing is like that.

The juice was not good at all. Also, not enough fruits were served. However, I can understand why: on our first day, there were bananas served and some of the Russian guests has something like a dish with 10 bananas or more. That's really too much :-)

Rooms: Our room has two king beds and one sofa. The room size is good and also bath room size was good. We had a garden view and a nice palm tree in front of us. One day an Arab Hawk decided to land on the palm tree and it was nice watching it that close. The room fridge and AC were superb but TV set was a bit lousy but who needs TV in Hurghada!! The room was cleaned daily and supplied with a 1.5 liter of high-quality bottled water.

Staff: Maybe the biggest problem of the hotel. The receptionists were very cold and inattentive. Probably they are good with foreigners but with Egyptians, I don't know what to say.

I had to sympathize with the staff in the restaurant, they are there for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. The resort was almost full with Russians and Egyptians when we were there, so these guys really worked hard and they are very stressed. The best guy in the restaurant area is called Ayman and he keeps his tables clean and is very professional unlike some others who are while hard-working don't know how to smile or respond to customer requests promptly. They are good hearted as most Egyptians but they do need training and of course work less.

Kids: The kids club has some nice activities for kids. It is the greenest area of the resort. Mostly
for Russian kids but still you can use some of the facilities and toys and get some coloring pages etc. The lady working there is not very welcoming if you are not Russian.

Entertainment: Every day they have some show in the animation center. The animation team are friendly but some of the shows like the "Rotana Couples" were not very appropriate for kids to watch. I took my kids out in that show and I really should have left much earlier. I think they should take into account that there are audience from Egypt but I think they really care less. The Tanurrah show on the Egyptian Night was the best Tanuurah show I have seen in my life. Excellent music, light, and of course the performer was just amazingly good.

In general, this is an excellent place, really a good value for money. At first I was intimated that Russians will be a problem, however, my experience with the Russians are much better than other types of tourists like British or Italians (British tourists usually have this uncomfortable attitude towards other nationalities and Italians make a lot of noise). They were mostly families with kids and there were even families with gandpa/grandma on-board. Maybe as Rotana is not cheap as other places in Hughada where low class Russians go, I would say most of the Russians in Rotana were good-educated middle-class dressed superbly and were generally friendly. The mix of people were Russians, Egyptians, Polish, Czek, Slovans, Germans, British, and Indians as far as I can observe in that order.

Although I usually don't go to the same place again for vacation, I will certainly think twice of going back to Coral Beach because of the fantastic beach and corals.

Room Tip: Rooms numbered X2yy are close to swimming pool and lobby X1yy are first row on the sea.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
CBRRH, Manager at Coral Beach Rotana Resort Hurghada, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Dear Sir Madam,

First of all let me take this opportunity to Thank you very much for choosing to stay at Rotana Coral Beach Resort .

We greatly appreciate any feedback made by our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.

I am delighted that you have enjoyed your stay with us at the Resort and that you are satisfied with the services provided to your good self throughout your stay.

We place great value on your custom and your continued relationship with Rotana.

Looking forward to welcoming you once again at the Rotana Coral Beach Resort in the near future.

Aberdeen
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

We had a great time at the Coral Beach Rotana (early May). Just like other reviewers we have to thank every staff member for their hard work, great service and friendliness. The beach is ideal with safe swimming spots, lots of shade offered, drinks and snacks on hand and as much entertainment as you want (or none, if you choose the quiet areas).
Our bungalow was clean and spacious with all of the facilities you would expect. The food was plentiful if a little bland and repetitive, however what you get is very reasonable for the price paid. An ideal spot for sun lovers, swimmers, wind surfers and divers.

Room Tip: Some rooms are close to the restaurant and pools - handy for those with children. Ours were well awa...
Dear Sir Madam.
We are very grateful of your visit at Rotana Coral Beach Hurghada and extremely appreciative of your in-depth review here above.
And thank you for the great accolade towards the hospitality at Rotana Coral Beach Hurghada this is a superb recognition for so many Employees who always strive to deliver their level best.

We are glad that you were pleased with all the small touches with us, and we appreciate that you highly recommended our hotel

We wish to have the pleasure welcoming you again for further great memories.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

We've just arrived back from the Coral Beach Rotana Resort in Hurghada, after spending 2 great weeks there. We were in one of the standard double rooms in the new block and were very pleasantly surprised upon arriving at our room. It was very modern and spacious, with all modern furnishings. The bed was huge, we had a walk in shower, plasma tv, and mini fridge. The room was clean and well presented, and housekeeping did a brilliant job cleaning our room each day. We'd often arrive back to fresh flowers in our room, and animal sculptures made from towels. Our room in the new block was no more than a 5 minute walk to anywhere in the resort - reception, bar, restaurant, swimming pools, the theatre, and the beach.

The grounds of the resort are very well maintained and picturesque, and they've managed to maintain a traditional Egyptian feel to the resort. The 2 swimming pool areas offer plenty of sunbeds and shaded areas, along with the pool bar at the main pool. The annimation team do a fantastic job laying on plenty of daytime and evening entertainment. They're all very friendly, but a special mention must go to Emo, who always went out of his way to talk with guests and make them feel welcome. The beach area is beautiful, again with more than enough sunbeds and umbrellas. The jetty at the end of the beach is very popular with snorkelers taking advantage of the crystal clear water, colourful nautical wildlife, and coral. Again a mention must go to the bar staff at the beach bar, as they are very friendly and helpful.

Although the food in the all inclusive restuarant can get a bit repetitive when you're there for 2 weeks, it's still of a decent standard and offers good value for money. Meal times were always very enjoyable and pleasant thanks to Ahmed Wagih, who in our opinion was by far the best member of staff at the resort, which is quite a compliment as all of the staff were great. Ahmed was exceptionally friendly and professional, and went above and beyond to ensure that we were happy. He would often have our drinks waiting at our table upon arrival for dinner, and would always be ready to replenish our drinks when they were almost finished. Ahmed Wagih is a credit to the resort, and we strongly recommend to anyone else staying at the resort to sit in the outside seating area of the restuarant during meal times to ensure that Ahmed is your waiter. A huge thank you to Ahmed.

• Stayed June 2013
Dear Sir Madam,

We wish to have the pleasure welcoming you again for further great memories.
Kiev, Ukraine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

I spend two weeks in coral beach rotana,and this two weeks i will never forget it was my best time i spent..everything here is amamzing food staff beach and pool..thanks for all.and big thank and big kiss for the best one here Dj.Magoo polite,funny,helpfull always smile..thanks Emo.dasha fathi..i love you all i will come back for you guys..we enjoyed also too much with all animation shows in evening thanks coral beach rotana

Room Tip: in pool side
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear Sir/ Madam,

Good Day from Very Sunny Hurghada!

I am very pleased to read that you had a fabulous breakaway at Rotana Coral Beach Hurghada and that you received nothing but a great hospitable spirit from our Employees.
Thank you for mentioning the Team Members who stood out during your stay, they will be complimented for their valuable addition.
We are very proud for your continuous loyalty and trust, and thank you to be part of the ever growing Rotana Coral Beach Resort family! We are delighted that you feel at home and we wish to have you again soon in your second home

Best Regards
Banska Bystrica, Slovakia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

We had fantastic holiday, because all animators here are very friendly, kind and funny, especially Emo :) Beach was cool, and also diving and snorkel. Corals are beautiful. Room was clean every day. Food need a little bit change, more kind of a meat and fresh fruit.Thank you for lovely seven days.

Room Tip: choose room behind the pools.
Dear Sir/ Madam,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We are certainly glad you enjoyed your Break in Rotana Coral Beach Hurghada.

On a positive note, I am glad that you are satisfied with the services provided to your good self during your stay. Many thanks for your kind words. It is always good to receive positive feedback. I will definitely share your compliments with our team members.

In closing, I would like to thank even more for the trust you have put in my team and please rest assured that we will always endeavor to meet your expectations, as servicing such valued guest like your good self is and will remain our greatest achievement.

I will definitely share your positive feedback and decent words with all team members.
Thanks again for staying with us. We hope you come back to Rotana Coral Beach Resort.

Amr Adel

Been to Coral Beach Rotana Resort Hurghada? Share your experiences!